Elements Behavioral Health

Elements Behavioral Health insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Rewarding job but poor management

Company changed and became to focused on the bottom line. Employees were overworked and support from upper management was inconsistent and minimal. The work environment was defensive and lacked accountability.

Pros

helping the clients

Cons

lack of support, shifted to profit focus

Totally Disorganised/ Filed For Bankruptcy

Want to know if you're going to get paid I would stay away. I worked there for over two years and never met upper management. The quality of care was weak, and it showed in their clients. The clients were irritable, restless and discontent. It was an embarrassment and a scam.

Pros

Non

Extremely racist and poorly qualified management

Horrible work place,with verbally abusive and racially insensitive management. You are not allowed to take time off unless someone covers your time off,so you in fact lose those hard earned days off ,if forced to leave the Company when harassment gets too much to take.. They hire managers that are poorly qualified and only Whites get promoted.Blacks get demoted ,belittled and mistreated.RUN!!!

Pros

No pros.

Cons

Unable to take time off, harassment by racist management staff.

Was a good place to work in the beginning when they cared about the patient

It was good in the beginning but when management cared more about money than they did about patients and workers it went down hill, I loved my job as a Residential Assistant because I was there to help the people

Pros

Free lunch, helping people

Cons

Management not very caring anymore

Be very careful

I was laid off due to "budget cuts". Really think it was racial being I was the only black man who worked there and the only employee who got cut. The actual job and environment is great. But you have to watch out for those budget cuts. As soon as you get in to the groove of the job you can be terminated.

Pros

Great environment, laid back atmosphere

Cons

Budget cuts, no real advancement

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Elements continues to strive to provide a great workplace culture and takes the extra steps to do some kind of monthly activity to keep the energy up and allow all departments to be involved. Though Elements is dedicated to keeping the work life balance alive and truly believes that we can do it if we are all in it together.

Pros

Flexible, basic easy work

Cons

Disconnect between CBO and Facility, Ability to work from home Incentives

Cordial and ambient working environment

As part of team leading the initiatives to establish a centrally led procurement department i interact with colleagues across 16 different sites in nine different states. This is very possible due to the positive and collaborative work culture that exist between us at the corporate office and the facilities. The open space culture also helps to foster very good relationships and job collaboration. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that our efforts in reviewing cost and optimizing dollar spent have a direct impact on the financial stability of the business which also guarantees that the company keeps saving lives through its clinical services.

Supportive and collaborative environment

Elements was a wonderful place to work. I was brought on as a contractor to increase the sales force. My work was done, and unfortunately, there was a RIF and my boss and most of my department was laid off.

Pros

Collaborative and supportive environment

Cons

Lack of funds

Productive and fun workplace and they have a ping pong table.

Excellent culture with solid leadership. Seems to be quite a bit of turnover while they restructure the direction of the company. Everyone is friendly and eager to help.

Pros

Vending machines are only a quarter.

Cons

High turnover rate.

Review

A fast-paced environment to work, but I was able to learn a lot of great information. The people here are fun to work with but be ready to take a lot of calls over the phone.

Very good work environment

This company has a great overall culture. Working in their Corporate Headquarters, a sense of teamwork is in the atmosphere. Every employee, from the bottom to the top, is available and accessible to any questions that can improve your output as an employee. Everything about this company is top rate, although the size of the company may prohibit career growth depending on your profession.

Unethical, Extremely low morale, toxic work environment

The most unethical, toxic work environment I've ever worked in (in the mental health field for 20+ years). Primary focus is on keeping the beds full; very little support for clinical and support staff (as this should be a priority given the nature of the work); extremely unsanitary working conditions (rat infested--rats actually in patients mattresses, dead rats left in the walls, etc, etc, etc); Elements Behavioral Health, the parent company, is all about the bottom line - - the money. No doubt, CD treatment IS a business, but should not be at the expense of ethical, effective treatment. Needless to say, would not recommend this treatment center to ANYONE.

Pros

Wonderful clinical and RA staff--committed to making a difference.

Cons

Not sure I have to say much more...

great place to work

great place to work, enthusiastic employees that are passionate about helping people in recovery, helping people through their journey on a day to day basis

Stressful work enviornment

Due to change management, the employee relation suffered and became a very toxic environment to work. It was anxiety driven due to the lack of job security and ability to promote vertically. I was able to learn a lot only because of my supervisors and when it still felt like a mom and pop company because everyone was always willing to not only help each other out, but learn from one another. There was a lot of intelligent employees that were either let go or have ventured to a new chapter. Even though it was unpleasant, I can still say that I learned and grew from my experience there.

Poor benefits

EBH was an admirable company that assisted many clients fight and conquer addiction. However, being a corporate company, the benefits packet was poor and very expensive. The corporate office did not encourage a work/homelife balance.

Pros

Helping people heal

Cons

poor benefits

Decent Place

Loved this job until they became numbers focused and not client focused. Management was not stable and often there were many power struggles between hire-ups.

NOthing

Horrible company. Would not let my enemy even work for this company. I do not like the way they manage. HR doesn't do their job and doesn't care about the employees. It's a horrible place.

Very poorly managed.

Very poorly managed. Failure is imminent. Going public or selling to the highest bidder is their only goal. Producing a quality product and operating with general business ethics are low on management's list of priorities.

Quiet office, with some positive perks but many negative qualities

I really enjoyed Elements Behavioral Health for the first couple of years I was here, however, the company took a turn for the worst at the end of 2016-present. The communication between departments hit rock bottom, most new strategies and practices were not communicated to departments leaving room for many errors that negatively impacted productivity. Raises were promised to employees for 2 years, and when they finally came through they were less than 2% for anyone that had waited over a year, if not more, for an increase. The benefit packages continuously degraded to the cheapest options for the company, the 401k options were taken away for most of my time at this job.

Pros

Decent benefits and most of the employees knew their daily duties without having to be micromanaged.

Cons

Raises were not discussed with employees before being entered into pay system. Lack of communication, Leadership did not sufficiently instruct departments on new changes in company or practices.

Heads in Beds

Growth is not always a good thing! as they continue to purchase Treatment facilities, quality care is diminishing... Under-staffed, absolutely zero advancements... possibly unethical billing procedures, in addition to over-priced treatment costs... Whether a client or an employee, this company is not worth your time or money. The brand 'Promises' is the only thing going for them and most people are staying with the company long enough to gain employment elsewhere. Call center is a complete mess and is very sales driven. Management is incompetent and anyone who has been with the company for over 10 years is locked in because they know where all the "bodies are buried" otherwise they would have been let go or quit long ago... Lets not get started with the Toxicology fees, which are never communicated to the clients and are billed at an outrageous amount!

Growing Business office

Overall it was a great place to work. I love my management, co-workers, and job that I performed. The company business office is still growing. They are still processed being created and implemented. Overall I think it's a great place to work. If I had not moved I would still be there.

Pros

free soft drinks, co-workers, management

Cons

pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elements Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight