Elements Massage Employee Reviews

Featured review
Elements Massage selected this as a representative review
A fair employer with a balanced mission of quality and satisfaction.
Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), trainer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 7, 2018
Elements Massage has by far proved to be the best place of employment for me. They're very accommodating of shifts and breaks. Everyone is friendly and cooperative. Everything is provided to me from sheets to supplies to clients!
Pros
Everything is provided for you, free massages, continuing education opportunities.
Cons
Slow days during the weekdays sometimes.
False Promises
Deep Tissue Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 15, 2019
Elements in Boulder promises a lot: caring for employees like family, license and insurance reimbursements, salary bonuses, continued education opportunities, it's all a lie. No benefits whatsoever, no health, vision or dental, no paid time off, no salary bonuses, no sign-on bonus; paid by appointments only, not hourly; nothing to reinforce employee moral, nothing like they promised. Bottom line they only care about making as much money off of you as possible, it's just like any other franchise; not sustainable long-term employment, unless you like being overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Short or nonexistant breaks, no healthcare, no PTO, no bonuses, work-life balance
It was an experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North DallasMarch 14, 2019
Worked there briefly and it was chaotic everyday I was there. To be completely honest there was just too much cattyness and the more everybody was stressed the worse it got
Knew nothing about the business
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMarch 7, 2019
Doesn’t care about staff. Underpaid. Doesn’t care if clients tip. Front desk steals tips manager steals deposits for the month. No place for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Needs Improvements
Lead Therapist (09/1/17) (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 6, 2019
Elements massage needs improvements in their communication and how they communicate with staff. Therapist has more responsibilities than Front of the house. Management needs to learn how to deal with conflicts better and take responsibilities for their actions.
Pros
Alfac, Health Insurance Option, PTO time
Cons
No communication, no breaks
Good brand idea
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 6, 2019
The brand idea is good and clients weren't charged for little extras like hot towels, but there were not benefits like paid time off or any medical available. It paid well as a part time job, but would be hard to make a living at.
Flexible Hours
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 6, 2019
Have to work too many massages with no benefits to make a decent living. Favoritism is a problem. Constantly hiring more therapist per shift which affects ones ability to be fully booked.
Not A Proffesional massage place
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 19, 2019
They Had a Girl there that was providing Illegal SErvices Pretty Disgusting,i spoke to owner about it and he did nothing about it!he did not care.THe Manager was mean and also Un professional.Also you get 0 breaks they make you do back to back two hour massage sessions
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
Irresposible owner illegal things going on
Mainly a sales position
CSSR (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 18, 2019
This position is mainly a sales position to sell memberships to whoever gets a massage whether they're interested or not. I mainly had this job because i wanted to become a massage therapist but that didn't work out.
Pros
one free massage a month
Cons
sales
Sad
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 18, 2019
The first manager I had while working there was seldomly ever there. When she was she just went too her office and closed the door until it was time for her to leave. I worked at this place for about 15 months we had 3 different managers and probably 10 different front desk associates. That alone should tell you something. Sometimes your busy and sometimes you aren't busy and if your busy it's because management likes you and if your not it's because they don't favoritism runs rampant at this place. You will not get paid for any hours that you are not booked and you are forced to stay there while not being paid. If you do get hired here they'll ask you what modalities your comfortable doing and what duration of massage time your comfortably with. Then they'll switch it up on you and look at you like your the problem when you've already clearly stated what your willing to do and what you are not willing to do. This is there unspoken business model exploit every employee that walks into this building as much as possible until they break physically or mentally and then when we're done with them we can can just make stuff up to get them fired.
Pros
1 free massage per month
Cons
Read description
Slow busienss
Full Time Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2019
Elements management defaulted on payroll for various employees for several years until the location that I worked in folded and closed their doors without notice. Management was rarely onsite and at times there was no designated supervisor. If something needed repair they would often ask a therapist to fix it.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Low pay. Paychecks often insuficient funds.
Amazing job!
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAJanuary 30, 2019
Loved every minute of working there. Worked there for over a year. The Maple Valley owners are so kind and welcoming. Good pay and nice atmosphere. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed or under appreciated.
Not bad not great
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 28, 2019
Good place to work for therapists just starting out. You can learn a lot from fellow mts and lead therapist is very helpful. The Elements team is great and clients are pretty great too. Not a good place for long term employment - no raises offered after a certain point so that is not great. Very corporate and everything has to be done a certain way. No real room for individuality. It’s not a bad place to work, just not best long term.
Pros
Aflac, CE reimbursement, good staff, offer health insurance and dental
Cons
No breaks, not enough pay, not paid if you don’t have clients, have to sit and wait and not get paid if you are not fully booked
Fun and caring work place
WMA (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 23, 2019
The owner has been so patient and empowering with all employees.

I would agree the owner makes the
atmosphere. If he or she is not condescending than you as the new employee feel confident that you will go through the learning curve successfully.

I love it. It is my dream job. The studio is brand new which I also like because we are all learning together.

The owner listens to the staffs opinions and welcomes suggestions.
Pros
Stable encouraging workplace.
Cons
Not sure about. benefits yet.
Can’t have a another massage job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Management doesn’t want you working at another job but they can’t pay hourly with no clients booked especially weekdays. I enjoyed the therapists and the clients. Management are a bunch of snakes.
Pros
The therapists
Cons
Not being booked weekdays, can’t work at another job
do not recommend this location
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAJanuary 13, 2019
The moment I walked into elements Saugus it was a zoo
Therapists here are expected to work 6+ consecutive hours of massage with NO BREAKS which is illegal in the state of MA.
Management does not listen to anything you have to say big or small
Consistently problems with time management,customer complaints and some therapist complain about inappropriate clients that are never taken care of.
Lowest paying elements in the state
High turnover - unhappy employees.
Favoritism and misconduct
Poor management
Filthy facility
Cons
No breaks, poor management, low pay, no health benefits, HIGH turnover
Bad Training
WMA (Former Employee) –  Cave Creek, AZJanuary 12, 2019
Once I started at Elements, I immediately started training. All computer training. No hands on. They had me watch videos on the “getting to know” phase and the membership aspects. The day I finished those videos, they let me go by saying that I didn’t meet the expectations of membership selling. NO ONE EVER SHOWED ME HOW. I watch videos on policies , the ETM process and I would ask questions to get a better explanation and they would say “you should know this. But whatever.” Management and the other girls at the desk made me feel stupid. I was upset at one point and they said “ you look like you’re going to cry. You should go have your moment somewhere else” and they let me go. I get it, people learn in different ways. But for me, learning from watching videos and no hands on help or training- especially by management, had me set up for disaster. CAVE CREEK OFF TATUM IN CAVE CREEK AZ.
Pros
Schedule comes out monthly.
Cons
Horrible training and management.
Good Job
Wellness Membership Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 10, 2019
It gets busy in here. Things go from very fast paced to slow, when all clients are in session. Usually, there are other tasks that need to be done aside from check-ins, though.

Clients are generally nice because they are there to relax. Desk is comfortable, nice break room, management is nice. It is a very organized place, I wouldn't suggest working here if you don't like following rules or procedures.

The sales aspect is not too bad, customers generally aren't annoyed by it.
Cons
Not as much commission opportunity as expected
its great when the owner favors you
Front Desk/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 6, 2019
the owner plays favorites and once you're not their favorite, they will try to get you to quit, instead of firing you. When their daughters come into town and want money they take hours from the staff and give them to the daughters
Pros
massage once a month
Cons
awful owner
Well being of the employee
LMT (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 4, 2019
This job will keep you busy and will also take advantage of the employee. There are no health benefits or paid time off benefits. The better the therapist you are the more you are taken advantage of.
good stepping stone job but doesn't pay that great
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 3, 2019
you dont make that much per massage, even with hot stone or aromatherapy add ons. front desk staff got incentives for clients signing up for the membership, but therapists got nothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elements Massage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight