Elements Massage Employee Reviews

Over-saturated Workforce
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 12, 2018
You have wonderful flexibility with hours here but the pay is at the very low end for a LMT. Turnover is high and the market is over-saturated. You're expected to work on clients with no breaks in-between. You only get paid when you have a client and they expect you to do side work like cleaning, laundry, etc., even though you don't get paid for it. This isn't legal but they take this info and use it during your reviews.There's bare minimum training and unless you work 30 hours, you don't get benefits. PTO is also pretty much nonexistent.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay, minimum breaks
Family Orientated
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 29, 2018
Great place that really cares about employees, lots of team bonding and effort put in by owners to ensure youre happy working there. Sales based but offer good sales training
Pros
free massage each month
Cons
Owners are generous but not business savy
good place to work but not great pay
Sales Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILNovember 23, 2018
great environment, great store owner, but not great pay for sales staff. Massage therapists make more, the sales position is great for students or someone who needs a second job but it is not enough to live off of in my experience. I enjoyed working there though, very low stress and the owner of the forest park location was great.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 19, 2018
The management is good, they are very supportive with whatever you do, and work around your personal life; scheduling shifts. The coworkers are very helpful and give you good tips when you don't know how to tackle a new issue.
Pros
coworkers are very supportive
Cons
Might not be busy every day
Unorganized and no proper training
WMA Wellness Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale Promenade, AzNovember 15, 2018
As for someone who is very out going and who loved talking to people, I thought I would love this job....but. Only 2 weeks of working (barely trained and barely understanding their MBO system) I had to close all by myself because my co - worker called in sick. Not only did I have all that stress on me but they didn't bother to have a manager with with for at least a few hours SUPER STRESSED. Luckily that night was smooth and slow. The general manager knew I had no real sales experience, she knew I had great customer service skills, but no real sales experience (also keep in mind they did not properly trained us to sell). On my third week or so, not even a full month of working there, my general manager calls me in and tells me that my sales are low, she told me she would help me because I she wanted to see me succeed (which is great and encouraging) THEN my studio manager calls me in and tells me that if my sales aren't up to 20% then I would be let go, and to me that was super intimidating and it could've been worded different. My last problem is a lot of things at my old studio didn't get done. For example, if I had an issue checking out a client, I put it in the nightly email and stated what was wrong, nothing was resolved the next day. Then the therapist ask me about why that client did not get checked out and I has to tell them the manager has has to do it, then they got upset.

A majority of why I did not enjoy working there was because there was not proper training and it seemed like they cared more about you getting sales then properly getting trained to sell that
  more... program.  less
Pros
Paid lunch, decent pay
Cons
no breaks, unorganized
Overall its a good place to work.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 15, 2018
Like any place you work it has good points and bad points, for the most part Elements is a good place to work and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job as a massage therapist.
Pros
Busy, wonderful owner, atmosphere, pay
Great work environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 14, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. Owner was very kind and fun to work around. Everyone there is very nice and its great to get to help people feel better every day! I would definitely recommend Elements Massage to other Massage Therapists.
Meh
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 10, 2018
Pay is capped way to low for work rendered and there is not enough room for growth and my current location is treated by mangement as a part time gig.
Elements Review
State Certified Therapist and Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 8, 2018
Working at Elements was a good experience. The workers are very thoughtful and strive to be the best in the area. Overall, corp does want their staff to be a cut above other franchises. You can tell this in their hiring process and their training of staff.
Pros
Pretty flexible is setting your schedule
Cons
My time there was good, I can think of nothing that really bothered me.
strict and tedious
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 7, 2018
Worked behind the desk all day. quickly became bored doing the same thing everyday. the benefit is that it is super easy and there is room to make a little more then 15/hr
Pros
free massages
A fair employer with a balanced mission of quality and satisfaction.
Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), trainer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 7, 2018
Elements Massage has by far proved to be the best place of employment for me. They're very accommodating of shifts and breaks. Everyone is friendly and cooperative. Everything is provided to me from sheets to supplies to clients!
Pros
Everything is provided for you, free massages, continuing education opportunities.
Cons
Slow days during the weekdays sometimes.
Easy job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2018
Very relaxed setting; customers were very friendly but, manager made the working space a very hostile environment. She gossiped about me to some of the other employees there; which I felt was extremely unprofessional.
Pros
There is a lot of down time in between apoitments
Relaxing
Studio Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 3, 2018
It is a relaxing work environment. As long as everyone is a team player the position is great. Management is helpful and training is provided. The employees get a free massage every month to try out each therapist in order to match our clients better when booking. It is important to be a good lister, communicator and to stay organized.
Poor studio culture
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COOctober 30, 2018
The Highlands Ranch Elements is going through a tough transition being recently purchased by our corporate office (previously franchised). In the short time that I have worked there we have lost 10 massage therapists and 3 front desk members all due to poor office culture. Hopefully things will start to smooth out as time passes, but right now I would not recommend this location as a place to work.
Pros
free monthly massages, discounts for friends and family
Cons
toxic studio culture, poor management, lack of communication, low hourly wage
Love it!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 23, 2018
I love working at my Elements! It's a lot like family. Everyone is friendly and checks in to see how your doing. Very little drama--when it does happen it gets resolved quickly. We help each other with the chores (no matter who's assigned that day) and if someone needs help flipping over a room in between session. The management has been incredibly supportive of both the front desk(I always forget what their official title is--sorry!) staff and the therapists. I think the hardest part of the job is keeping up with some of the littler things like dusting, the handprints on the walls (I could have sworn I cleaned that spot already!), and laundry. I greatly enjoy working here!
Poor Management and No Collaboration
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 22, 2018
It's all about sales. If you don't meet your sales goal, which they don't even inform you will be a part of your job requirement during the hiring process, you're threatened with being fired. They don't care about keeping a nice facility or giving people a quality massage. All they care about is customer volume and how many people join their membership program. Management is unreliable and rarely available when needed. Team work is non existent, since everyone is competing for sales. No health benefits. Minimal raises. No job advancement opportunity. Work on holidays. It's a clock in clock out atmosphere. Full time is capped at 30 hrs per week, so a second source of income is necessary. Lots of gossip that even management engages in, so you constantly have to watch your back. Too much drama for the workplace. Everyone is playing the blame game. Every detail is micromanaged. There are last minute mandatory meetings that you are required to be at even on your days off. If are injured or sick and call out even once your job is on the line. If you are sick or can't make it to a last minute "mandatory" meeting due to a previously made appointment management demands to know exactly why and wants proof (the information of the person/place, so they can call and make sure you were actually there); complete invasion of privacy. Overall, If you don't mind being treated like a high schooler than this is the place for you!
Pros
Good Commissions If You're a Salesperson
Cons
No Job Benefits, Drama
Its good!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 18, 2018
The compensation was competitive, but I think that the management is really what makes all of the difference. The studios are individually owned and operated, so just make sure you jive with their management philosophy.
professional, well kept atmosphere
LMT (Current Employee) –  Northport, NYOctober 13, 2018
owners are very nice and easy to relate to, manager is terrific,staff is nice no seama, all encourage and help one another, clients nice, good tips for the most part
Pros
greatstaff
Cons
wish salary was higher
Elements provides a great balance for my lifestyl
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 11, 2018
I help check-in and reschedule clients before/after their massage appointments. I truly enjoy the relaxed environment and all the people I work with at both studios. If the manager role paid more, I would take it in a heart beat!
Pros
free massage monthly as employee, flexible schedules, decent pay for an easy job, great peers.
Cons
Studio managers don't make enough
Smaller studio with less therapists but still ample business which is good.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 11, 2018
Solid location that has been around for some time. I liked that the studio was smaller and had less therapists. It makes for more business. The area is growing a lot to which always helps business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elements Massage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight