Play YouTube video button
66Average

Elements Massage Employee Reviews

United States646 reviews
Featured review
Elements Massage selected this as a representative review
Great place to work!
I've worked for Elements Massage for almost five years, best franchise I've ever found! The corporate Support Center is involved in each individual location's success and offers tools and techniques for growth. The owners of my particular studio are very kind and always willing to help out employees when life throws a wrench, flexible hours and coaching from leads for every employee to grow in their careers.
Pros
Free monthly massages
Great Company
The reason I titled this review as “Great Company” is because over all this place was a great company to work for. Building clientele and having a strong friendship with fellow therapists made the working for the company and having others as company great. I worked full time and devoted a lot of love, sweat and tears to Elements Massage. Only downfall was having chances to grow in the company.
Pros
Good Company, Decent Pay, Flexible Schedules
Cons
No Benefits, Can’t Grow Into Bigger Roles
Love my Franchise Owners
My unit is run very well and they treat employees like gold, the managers work hard and with the current health crisis have handled well. I love my job there.
N/a
Was great while I was there. Loved making people feel relaxed and pain free for a bit. Definitely feel like with working as a massage therapist you need atleast ten minutes in between massages to clean and get the room ready for the next person. Hopefully in they have that now.
Able to Work around your Flexability
I Feel Comfortable Working Here, The Acknowledgement here is Amazing! Feeling as if you belong. Able to fit yoyr needs and asertive to your needs. Able to work out your dstances since they do have various locations. Able to Teach and Learn New Ways In Helpibg ourselves help others.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
supporting culture that encourage self growth and improvement
I love Elements, I have been with the company for almost 10 years. I started as a massage therapist and worked my way into management. I love working here because we have the huge knowledge base and support of being part of a franchise but each location is individually owned so it creates a very close knit mom and pop feel. We are constantly offered free continuing education from our local employer and the franchise as a whole. I definitely recommend Elements for any one who loves the ease of showing up to work and having all the hard work done for you. Linens are provided, advertising, and booking is all taken care of for you! I just cant express my love for the company enough.
Great
The Elements in Fitchburg is easily the best franchise I have worked for in the Madison area. The owner cares about her employees. There is always client that want to get in. Sanitation is one of the best I have seen.
Owner/Manager
I was doing my job to the best of my abilities and even asked if there was anything that the owner/manager would like me to do better and I was still fired because he felt that I didn’t care about my job. He would tell me that he had screenshots of me while I was doing my job from the camera in the lobby. He said that in those screenshots that I was not doing my job because I was sitting at the desk. A fellow employee said that she was told that there were screenshots of her as well. When I worked there, we only had female receptionists. That made me very uncomfortable to find out that he had screenshots of us up front.
Indivually owned...no HR department.
This is a clean and comfortable place to work and get an amazing massage. The Office Manager was on point and kind. However, the owner is lacking communication skills which in return has lost several great Therapist, some front desk staff and me. Turnover was high in the year I was there. That said, the owner did compensate well and was generous with the Therapist. She introduced me to massage therapy so for that I am forever grateful. I learned about the healing of massage therapy. She staffed many great therapist with a variety of skill set and on a positive note her herself is certified and works magic!
It was an okay job
Nice people..cool clientele..they do not pay well and there is no job security or benefits. The work was not hard just very tedious. It was nice quiet calm place to work and a decent location.
Flexible work environment with healthy atmosphere
Job allows time for healthy work/life balance and gives back to you as an employee. Environment provides a relaxed energy, allowing you to work without external pressures.
Great place to work!
I love my clients, my team and my boss! The schedule is very flexible and the owners really care about the Elements family. They are very supportive with helping with continuing education and supplemental health care.
all around great place to be
this is a great place to work. i love it here. the people are incredibly friendly the staff and owners treat you like family. the hours are flexible and the all around ambiance is just phenomenal
Overall, a fun group to work with.
I enjoyed working with most of my coworkers. Main issues are: low pay rate ($16-17)per massage hour; high turnover @ front desk; unpaid nonclient hrs.
Friendly and diverse workplace
Working at Elements for the past 6.5 years has been a really good experience, great coworkers and employers. I enjoy the customers and the camaradorie between myself and coworkers.
Productive place to work
Management is great, diverse environment, busy studio, clients are very friendly. Staff is the best part of the day, uplifting, kind, funny. Clean studio, great location.
Sales/front desk
They seem to take no time or interest when someone would ask for seek for assistance. Many time was told was worthless when trying to work so intently to help. When trying to help people make there sales was told not to and just let them fail and take the sales instead of showing them and making them feel like they can make a difference. Never felt safety and the trust and was constantly threatened It unfortunately seemed they wold watch cameras to use any information they deemed ill Against people
Happy and professional work environment. Always great working with the community and coworkers became more like family. Owner was great to work with. Always understanding and supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bay Area commute
If you have to, use it as a stepping stone. Not a place you’ll want to stay.
There are no true incentives for employees - only decentives. To take a day off, you must first try to get a coworker to take a shift for you - that won’t happen. You have to work 100hrs to get a single day off - and that’s not a paid day off (there’s no such thing). Bonuses are tied to booking rates, # of Hrs worked /pay-period, or having SOAP Notes completed. Bonus payouts are geared to find ways to not pay out any extra to employees. If you’re out sick, no bonus payout. If you miss a SOAP note, no payout. The lead-therapist and his girlfriend (the lead-trainer) are both over all of the therapists. Not an ideal environment.
Overall, the owner and the two in charge come across as cheap and unforgiving. Definitely not a place to stay for long.
March 17, 2020
We are sorry to hear that the experience you had at your Elements Massage® studio did not meet expectations. We strive to be an employer of choice for massage therapists. As a brand we value feedback and we will be sure to share your review with the local studio in Chesterfield.
Elements Massage Chesterfield
Absolutely love this location. Such an amazing owner who genuinely cares about his staff as well as his clients. He is fair, management is fair and everyone truly is a team. Minor issues may occur, certain personalities may not click but they try hard to handle situations as they occur, fairly and professionally. Over all though a very laid back job and environment. The only down fall are no benefits and not much growth unless there were another location to open. This would be a perfect opportunity for students, massage therapy students Or retirees.
Pros
Respectable owner, great team, commission bonuses, good environment
Cons
No benefits, not much growth
March 17, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! The Elements Massage® brand appreciates you taking the time to leave a review. We will share your review with the local studio in Chesterfield.
Avoid at all costs
I worked as a massage therapist for this franchise. It is a dead end job with no benefits. You meet the pay cap and no longer make much more. The most you might get paid is around $22 per hour massage.
They try to get you to work your butt off for absolutely no benefits, no 401k, no

healthcare, no raises after you reach your max pay. They may reimburse some CEU costs and you get a discount off of your insurance but that’s about it.

You will burn out and barely get by to live independently. You will work paycheck to paycheck. In order to make a sustainable living you’d have to do an incredible unheard of amount of massages.
Pros
Reimbursement of some small cost of CEU
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, unappreciative owner/management, unstable work environment, continuous payroll mistakes
March 17, 2020
We are sorry to hear that the experience you had at your Elements Massage® studio did not meet expectations. We strive to be an employer of choice for massage therapists. As a brand we value feedback and we will be sure to share your review with the local studio in Park Ridge.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elements Massage. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight