Elements Therapeutic Massage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very calm and no-stress place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 18, 2018
This was a good job for me to get receptionist experience and it was a good amount of money for me at the time while still living at home with my parents and taking classes. They provided flexible hours! I worked some fun events for them and management was great! They genuinely care about their employees as well.
Pros
Free massage every month!
Cons
Not enough pay to stay
Management,paid,atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 15, 2018
Job is owned by a franchise,but this place has bad and unprofessional management skills and doesn't have any worksman compensation. The therapists are very nice.
Pros
pay rate is good, once a month free massage for employees
Cons
barely get breaks, not a professional healthy clean place, and disrespectful management
Fun Relaxed place to work for
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 5, 2018
Extremely enjoyable. Loved working for Elements. I needed to be closer to home, and was unable to transfer do to lack of locations open at the time. This company was well managed and had great clients and staff
Pleasant job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 4, 2018
This was a friendly, easy going work place. Therapists were awesome.Tyipical days of booking appointments, checking clients in and out, then collecting payments. Selling memberships. Putting account on suspension or cancel memberships. Also had a few reports I took care of.
Pros
free montly massage
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 14, 2018
I worked here for my internship for school. Some employees were very willing to help and expand my knowledge, others did not have the same passion. It is a hard job and it is very demanding but there is a great reward for it.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales/Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Management is great as well as the Massage Therapists. I enjoy all employees who work at Elements Massage Carmel Mountain. Pay is a little low, that is all I have to say that is negative.
Pros
free monthly massages
Cons
low pay
Terrible management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDDecember 27, 2017
Owner is rude and organized, not willing to work with anyone regarding schedule or personal matters.

Favorites are an issue.
Unfair treatment. (People who were employees saw discrepancies in pay)
Owner doesn’t know what she’s doing!!!!
NO BENEFITS
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone
No chance of growth.
Pros
Learned the system
Cons
Catty
Mediocre
Massage Therapy, Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 17, 2017
It was fine, most people were friendly enough to work with just not my goal for a career. Could have had better management and more time between sessions to lower stress.
Each Elements is a reflection of the owner.
LMT (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, CONovember 1, 2017
Independent franchises are mostly owner driven. There are "Elements" protocols that could challenge a seasoned therapist. I am fortunate to be part of a great team of dedicated massage therapists. The owner understands the need for Us to be at our best in order to give our best.
I never imagined working in this setting, coming from 7 years of independent ownership of my own operation.
I cannot imagine the culture being as therapist friendly at any other operation.
I have no intention of leaving.
Pros
Custom tailored massages
Cons
Not enough post consultation time and cannot follow up with client
No room for advancement, good for a short while not meant for a long-term stable post
Sales/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 31, 2017
Favortism is a big thing here. Don't expect a lot of hours, and don't expect to see raises even if you are exceeding in all areas like mentioned, favorites will receive those. Culture & environment are nice but that is about it and the nice clients.
Good place to start off
Lead Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 27, 2017
Elements in Edina is a good place to start off, pay is okay but could be better. They're flexible with schedules and the owner cares about the therapists.
Rewarding
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJOctober 18, 2017
The job itself was very reward to the therapist and the client. Get a client to feel relaxed is one of the best thing honestly. Having then get up and actually see how they feel. They would thank you and for me that would be enough. I felt like I was giving back to the world. Something positive.
Pros
Good enivornment
Cons
Some managers work you like a dog
Massage Therapist
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2017
No benefits. No days off with out finding someone to cover. Hostile environment, sewage issues, and insects. Management is rude and lacking. Owners are lacking in knowledge about massage therapy. High turn over rate.
Amazing clients and therapists but poorly run. Dirty!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZOctober 6, 2017
The spa was always dirty in the morning when I would open. Out of lotion more than not and some days no water for the clients. I would take in just enough water for my clients that day. They charge for no shows and the therapist gets nothing as the front staff moves the no show to the waiting list so there is no way to prove it was your client. They run out of water daily and the front desk is not allowed to buy any unless they have a cash client. No direct deposit which is shady in this day and age, so if your payday is on a day off you have to make a trip into work to pick it up or if you are out of town you wont have it until your next shift. No raises ever! No hot water to wash sheets and pillow cases are all done in COLD water.
Front desk is more like a gossip station rather than a work station. The owner started turning up the music so the customers could not hear what kind of deal another was getting. It was so loud I would start to cry. It was the worst spa I have worked in in 29 years. Steer clear unless you like DRAMA and don't mind a dirty spa.
Pros
Great co-workers and Clients
Cons
No direct deposit, out of supplies and dirty
Love the owners
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 21, 2017
Elements was such a great place to work.I was there for the final two years of my college career. I would highly recommend this job for a student. The owners allow you to work on homework once all you other responsibilities are taken care of.
Pros
Great people and great for students
Cons
Low pay
Care and concern is shown by listening to employee concerns.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day is a little fast paced. Management and work place culture can range from one studio to another studio depending on the owners investment and input in the studio. The hardest part of the job is the time between clients and generic intake forms. The best part of the job is being able to bring relief of pain and stress to clients on a regular basis.
Pros
Being part of a team.
Cons
no health care and no paid sick time.
Great brand, terrible franchise location
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHSeptember 12, 2017
One owner was NOT personable at all and the other was never there. While one owner did have a degree in business, everything else was lacking, especially the ability to interact with others and basic knowledge of the computer system in their own store. The other owner, that was never there, didn't even have a massage license and was performing massage modalities under an occupational therapy license which does not cover muscle manipulation. After discovering this, I no longer wanted to be anywhere near the place. Elements, in general, has a great brand. But steer clear of this location due to franchisee ownership!
Pros
location, the company as a whole
Cons
the owners of this particular franchise
Owner/Manager with focus on employee retention and customer satisfaction.
Franchise Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2017
Owning an Elements Massage Franchise was a great experience that taught me about marketing, staffing, and the importance of employee and customer satisfaction to the success of the business..
Unrealistic
Front desk (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 22, 2017
Very tight scheduling of clients, regardless of staff's physical ability to handle that many massages.
Focus is more on membership than wellness.
Poor work life balance.
Pros
Encouraged to get massages
Cons
Pushy membership
Reasons not to work at Elements in Scottsdale
scss (Former Employee) –  Scotsdale, AZJuly 27, 2017
They do not care about their employees. They ignore DOCTOR notes. All they care about is $$$$. I have heard a general manager scream at a therapist making her cry and upsetting everyone. Customers left. There is no communication. Lot's of intimidation from owners. You probably don't want to waste your time.
Pros
free massage
Cons
no training, no comunication, hours aren't what they tell you. No benifits.