Elephant Bar Restaurant

Elephant Bar Restaurant Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Elephant Bar Restaurant insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun dead-end

This restaurant chain is now defunct. The company really suffered during the traditional sit-down chain restaurant slump of the early to mid-2010s. Excellent stepping stone experience to smooth out rough edges when gaining experience as a server.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No breaks, truncated shifts to avoid paying out benefits, no free meals, little advancement opportunities

Fun family oriented place to work

Working for elephant bar has been the best job ! Family oriented and amazing management! They allow room for growth and also allowed for me to be available for my family when needed I never missed an important event with my kiddos.

Great work environment

This job did everything for me and inspired me to be the man I am today it even inspired me to get a degree in the hospitality industry a great place to work

Pros

Too much to list

Cons

The egos of some waiters

Nice place to work

Every day everyone work hard to keep the costumer satisfied and happy ,we work as a team for better and productive day , we focus on quality and flavor and and taste ,

Pros

Something good to lear every day

Cons

Sometimes the co-workers ruin the day

Closed on me

Was let go due to closing of the establishment. I enjoyed what I did , but what c as n you do when the owner gives up as nd closes shop , it's now a walnut grille doing fabulous... if he had waited.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

It closed.

The location I was hired at closed a month later and left me without a job. Needless to say, it's all pretty bad. I really have nothing to say since I would find it very obvious that if a company decides to close one of its locations it shouldn't string employees along and then lay people off.

Elephant Bar

start off by preparing all the cook line food first for the morning workers, I then label and store into walk-in. my job was to make sure all food and supplies were fully stocked, organized, and visible to other employees. Once I finish all my duties I clean up, wash the dishes and check in with the cooks to make sure they are fully stocked in the cook line.

Closed without notice

Slow business . CLosed without notice. Didnt care about customers concerns or feedback. Menu was overpriced for the quality of the food that went out.

Great culture and values.

One of the last great restaurant companies of the 90's and early 2000s. Great people with a great mission. Scratch food and a wonderful visionary owner & Corporate Chef. But then, the owner passed away unexpectedly and over 10 years, we lost our way. Borrowing to grow and unable to repay those large notes brought about by rapid growth and poor location selections. Our customers were enticed by heavy discounting and when the discounting stopped, the customers stopped coming in.

Closed

CLOSED COMPANY , BANKRUPT I worked with a lot of great managers and talented individuals.Unfortunately, the management that ran the company,BANKRUPT!

Pros

Was a fun, fast-paced and challenging environment

Cons

Corporate blunders.

The Elephant Bar was a fun place to work at with a good atmosphere . It was fast paced and demanding at times but overall it was a good learning exper

While working at the Elephant Bar , I learned how to deal with guests on a personal level . Not just as a customer , but more like family and friends coming to visit . Management was motivating and made sure that team members were up to date on all policies and procedures . Before each shift the Manager would pump up the employees during the pre-shift meeting . During the time at Elephant Bar , I started as a server with no experience and within a year and four months I climbed through the ranks from within and became a QA Manager .

Pros

Cash Tips on a daily basis, discounted meals as a team member and free meal as a Manager, seeing and meeting new faces everyday

Cons

Benefits as a team member were not good but, short breaks, only allowed four table sections and had to have multiple servers with tables of eight or more

Nice Place

When I started working here they were understaffed but as the year went on it got staffed, The only issue that I had at this restruant was the general mgrs, thre wasw a total of 3 from the time i started to I left they were all three very unprofessinal and harrased crew all the time but the rest of staff and mgrs were the best, we had fun at work and had a good team/ The hardest part was when we had 18 tables at one time.

Fast paced work area

Good place to make to make quick easy money Management is pretty flexible Fast paced Good training and good customer service experience Co workers are always fun.

Pros

Food discounts

Cons

No real set off time

Great atmosphere

Get to work around eleven or work afternoons, clean your section to prepare for host to seat you guests. Meet lots of different business individuals during lunch rushes and dinner. Management would assist if you got overwhelmed, although you are responsible for mistakes. Review menu with tables before presenting their beverages and food. Accept cash or card payments before checking out guests. Hardest part of the job was timing the entrees during rushes. Was very enjoyable was plenty of time after shifts to go out with friends, etc.

Pros

Quick shifts, cash daily, good food

Cons

Short breaks

Productive work place with lots of new possibilities

I opened up one of the Elephant bar locations and creatively it was a treat to be able to step outside of the box and use my exaggerated style. My upper management trusted me to do so.

Pros

creative freedom, free meals, flexible hours

Cons

lots of time put into theis job, having to to walk away hen the job was done

Productive Workspace

Professional workspace in which to sharpen all customer service experience. I’ve learned a great deal of time management and knowledge about how a buy operates.

Fast paced with good people

Starting shift as a bus boy we would walk around the restaurant making sure the floors were cleaned, mopped, kitchen plates were neatly organized along the food line, silverware prepped as well. Cleaned off tables throughout the day and help servers with bringing out food, drinks, etc. Working in this type of environment definitely shows teamwork, even when everyone is busy we all managed to help each other out. Definitely the hardest part about the job was keeping up with the tables.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

No benefits

It was a great company to work for it until they closed

I spend almost 16 years working at this company and at this location, I was very happy to work for them, everything was fine, I adjust to all the changes that we have over the years.

Pros

everything

Cons

they closed

First Real Job

This was my first job while I was still in high school. I liked it because I felt that the restaurant environment is exciting and it still is today..

Divertido

I liked it a lot because we work as a team having fun, it's a very good environment

Cons

Fun place to work at times. Management could use improvement.

Most of the workers are super nice. I enjoyed those I worked with. There is unfortunately a lot of favoritism, which leads to people feeling like they're entitled to certain things. This caused some unnecessary drama within the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elephant Bar Restaurant. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Elephant Bar Restaurant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?