Elevate K-12

Elevate K-12 Employee Reviews

Rewarding and Challenging Place to Work
The synchronous online courses were fun and convenient to conduct. As with most teaching positions, it was uplifting when students "get it." The only downsides were the relatively low hourly pay and uncertain number of hours one could schedule.
Overall, it's a great place to teach!!
Elevate is a great place to work. You will teach students from all over the United States. It's very rewarding as are most teaching jobs. I just wish they paid me a little more because I think I am worth it.
Pros
Work anywhere you have a good internet connection and quiet background.
Cons
The pay could be better.
Great opportunity to get your feet wet in education!
Elevate K-12 is a relatively new company in my area so they are still working out some kinks. The pay is a lot better than most of the jobs around and the students we work with make it worthwhile.
Best work for online Spanish teachers!
I have been working online for Elevate K-12 and I have never experienced any problems. On the contrary, I feel very welcome and cared for. I feel they understand my needs and those of my students and address them every time. I enjoy working for them and the pay is better than many other online jobs, plus I have vacation time when students are out of school. I really appreciate the interest that management in the job I do and how they recognize my contribution to the organization. I enjoy working with kids and being a teacher and this job is wonderful for foreign language teachers. I love that my work time is spent teaching and I don't have to do lesson plans, what else can I ask for? It's an amazing company!
Pros
Great salary
Cons
None!
Misleading company: beware!
So after their long interview process I got the congratulations letter and was told to fill out a contract. I thought it was a little fishy that the contract said that I agree to the terms of Edblox Inc. (No idea who that is). Nowhere on the contract did it say Elevate, but I signed anyway. After doing all this I waited and waited for someone to contact me. I finally got an email from some random person about 2 months later asking me to start in 2 days! Being a mother and having this as a second job, I of course could not commit that quickly. I politely explained that the time works, but I could not start until a week later and I still haven't received the headset that they were supposed to send me. I never got a response back. How unprofessional! I do not recommend this company!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Elevate Learning Company is a great place to work with. I love it!
A typical day is so organized, is planned ahead, the objectives are specifics and through each lesson you will work with great engagement assessments.

The elevate portal has many fun tools where all students are able to collaborate while they are having fun during the learning process. I love to work with Elevate learning company, team and students.
Less than Minimum Wage
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons:

The school can cancel session at any time. If you don't work, you don't get paid.

You get paid about $100 or less per week without benefits

You can not get unemployment benefits and they can release you at any time.

You get no support from upper management with discipline problems in the classroom.

Upper management does not care if students learn in the online class. Elevate's goal is to obtain schools so they can receive money. Each school must pay for Elevate's online class. If the kids don't work...no big deal.
Wonderful!
Great place for second income. This is not a job that can be worked for primary income. The training does prepare you to be successful in your role.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elevate K-12?
You Log On, You Lecture, You Log Off
You’re basically a hired gun. All you do is teach the material provided and log off. Teachers aren’t allowed to see tests AT ALL, so you’re teaching blind. The lesson materials are riddled with errors, and you won’t get them until a few days before you are to deliver the lesson. Changes are communicated poorly. Hourly pay is decent but there aren’t enough hours available to make a living. Would be ok as a part time gig, I suppose.
Nope
The CEO is more concerned about her media presence and lacks education experience. Experienced teachers need not apply. Experience doesn’t count. Work is inconsistent and communication is very poor.
Stressful work
Iinteraction with students was only audio, so students didn’t realize they were working with a real person. Sometimes students would not have headphones, so there was background noise interfering, because most schools use one computer lab with several classes going on at once. Students would not identify themselves when speaking so it was difficult to know if certain students were even in the room. They do have a liaison on site, however, the school I Worked with only had one person to control a lab 20+ students all in different classes. Also, students could do face the slides, and the only recourse an instructor would have is to turn off that access for all students and not the offending students. It was difficult to get through a lesson because of these issues. Sometimes the sound wouldn’t even work for a particular class, and when you’re teaching through an audio only environment, that is very problematic.
An excellent way to aide others in learning
So far the staff has been so very nice and supportive. It seems the overall goal of the program is to help educate young people which aligns with my goals.
Great Place
Great placed to work. Rewarding. Management is nice and easy to work with. Lots of part time work. Room for advancement for those who want to pursue management.
Pros
Fun, rewarding, take off when you want.
Cons
Pay is on the low side.
Excellent way for a teacher to work from home!
I work as both a content writer and teacher at Elevate K-12. I teach students from home via my computer and engage students in science education. I love being able to work from home, yet still, make a contribution to science education.
Just alright
Not very clear communication, no benefits, 1099 positions, but fairly easy and convenient work. Workload is not heavy but for part time work, you are expected to be available 5 days a week during all school hours.
Great experience. A bit confusing to find assistance.
It was a great pleasure to work with all learning levels of students. Lesson plans are given. Sometimes communication and assistance can be a bit confusing.
Proactive and fun place to work.
I enjoy working for Elevate because the operations personnel and the tutoring supervisors (APM's) are very efficient and supportive.
The pay rate is acceptable. However, the actual number of hours the instructor works differs substantially from number of hours that is assigned to the instructor; in general, the work schedule is highly variable.
Pros
Flexible.
Cons
Not enough working hours.
You can do the work from home
It is nice that you can work from home, but you don't really have any say over what is happening with the students on the other end. This makes it very difficult to teach sometimes.
Fun and Productive
Fun and Productive. School system was great. The company worked with your schedule. Even though it was as part time, if your availability is open, you will always have work.
It's a fun gig if you like kids.
I schedule different times of the week for each student with their parents. Elevate would have a set curriculum that we'd have to teach the kids within the time they're in school. 2 or 3 hours would pass and you'd go home.
Love the students/Staff are friendly/Pay is not great.
The staff is friendly. My direct supervisor is very nice, but some of the staff in other areas seem to be a little disorganized. You have to be very careful with payroll because they are very disorganized. They messed up on my payroll a few times. Although, they resolve issues fast and respond to emails very fast as well. They’ve moved to a new payroll platform, so hopefully that will resolve payroll issues.

The students are wonderful. The educational material is good, but too wordy and you need to alter it to really keep the students focused. There is a lot of repetition which is good, but some of the verbiage is overly complicated for these students, and it’s far too wordy. The students have a difficult time grasping some of the concepts. Summarizations are necessary with a lot of the ELA material.

The pay is not very good. Although, it works well for me because I’m finishing my graduate degree. However, it’s supplemental type pay. You couldn’t make a decent living.

The flexibility is great, but you don’t get offered very many classes. Perhaps that could change during the beginning of the school year. I came in late in the school year and from my understanding, classes begin to dwindle during that time.
Pros
Flexible schedule, students are awesome!
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours, disorganization of staff