Elevate K-12 Employee Reviews

Fun and Productive
School Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 1, 2019
Fun and Productive. School system was great. The company worked with your schedule. Even though it was as part time, if your availability is open, you will always have work.
Love the students/Staff are friendly/Pay is not great.
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMay 24, 2019
The staff is friendly. My direct supervisor is very nice, but some of the staff in other areas seem to be a little disorganized. You have to be very careful with payroll because they are very disorganized. They messed up on my payroll a few times. Although, they resolve issues fast and respond to emails very fast as well. They’ve moved to a new payroll platform, so hopefully that will resolve payroll issues.

The students are wonderful. The educational material is good, but too wordy and you need to alter it to really keep the students focused. There is a lot of repetition which is good, but some of the verbiage is overly complicated for these students, and it’s far too wordy. The students have a difficult time grasping some of the concepts. Summarizations are necessary with a lot of the ELA material.

The pay is not very good. Although, it works well for me because I’m finishing my graduate degree. However, it’s supplemental type pay. You couldn’t make a decent living.

The flexibility is great, but you don’t get offered very many classes. Perhaps that could change during the beginning of the school year. I came in late in the school year and from my understanding, classes begin to dwindle during that time.
Pros
Flexible schedule, students are awesome!
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours, disorganization of staff
Great Place to Work Remotely
Math Instructor, Content Writer, Proof Reader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2019
If you enjoy teaching children, and you love the subject you teach then this is a great place to start, if you want to work part-time, remotely.

The better you are at helping students achieve their goals, the more you'll be asked to take on sessions with students.
Pros
Flexible hours
Looks good on resume
School Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2019
Elevate is a cool program. It's flexible as far picking schedule. Traveling to schools could be a lot but it's not that bad. The students are really good kids they just need a little guidance. Staff people who I have met are very helpful and attentive .
Great Virtual Teaching Position
Teacher (Current Employee) –  VirtualJanuary 31, 2019
I love teaching, but was unable to take a typical classroom this year. I have loved working with Elevate. They're professional and provide a lot of supports and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Unlimited
Good work from home job
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2019
I get to work from home and get a lot of hours most months. They give us the content before hand so I don't have to create it. My manager helps me out sometimes. But I can't reach out to other tutors though.
Pros
Work from home, content is prepared by them
Cons
Can't talk or learn from other tutors
Good remote teaching job
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 24, 2019
Great way to teach. This is not tutoring it is actual teaching. I feel like I am responsible for the students assigned to me. I had to stop teaching after I had my child but now I can teach and work from home. As long as you have a headset, computer and internet connection, you are good to go. There is a set schedule that is communicated in advance. Their online login is easy to use and has all my sessions. The management is responsive and communicates frequently.
Pros
You can make a real connection with your students
Cons
I would like more control over the content that I'm teaching
I don’t recommend to work for ELevate
Tutor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 15, 2019
I worked as a tutor, for this company, for a year because I have a passion for teaching. However, they’re terrible, they need to learn and grow more as a company.

Management: Their actions make me think they just care about the money. The management is poor and you’re assigned an APM ( Academic Performance Manager), and if you’re lucky enough you’ll get a good one. I only had two amazing APM’s, who really cared about helping you and ensuring you were giving a great class. The others never did anything, they just listened and judged throughout all the class. Some of them are very rude also. Their kindness is a mask because most of them don’t really care about their teachers. APM should send progress reports but, I rarely received them.

Payment: The payment is horrible. They just pay 12-15 dollars per hour, and that’s if you have a one hour class. If you teach only 30 minutes, you get paid less. They should pay a lot more if they want to keep great tutors. You have to wait a whole month to get paid, and sometimes they don’t pay on time. It’s so frustrating!

Students: Let’s be honest here. The majority of the students hate this program. They don’t want to be there. This is specially the case with middle and high school students. However, the program is great for elementary students, because they really enjoy it. Some students have serious behavioral issues. There should be a classroom manager in their school but, it feels like she’s never there.

Teaching experience: You have to enter to the classroom 15 minutes before to set everything up, but they don’t pay you
  more... for those extra minutes. Sometimes classes are cancelled or students don’t show up. I had some great experiences with good students. The only good point this company has is that they give you the material for the classes. However, you have to prepare for it and they don’t pay you for being prepared.

Important to know: If you’re just an English teacher, they don’t care because they make you teach other subjects.

If you want to have a great teaching experience, great payment and a good company, please don’t ever consider Elevate.
Pros
They give you the material to teach.
Cons
Almost everything is bad about this Company.
I had an amazing experience working with the kids I tutored
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 24, 2018
The most enjoyable of the job at Elevate was working with the kids. I was able to encourage, motivate, and assist them in their lessons. I will take this experience with me.
Wonderful Company
tutor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 13, 2018
A typical day involved teaching pre-scheduled classes that have been accepted in advance. The academic program manager (APM) for each class contacts the tutors in advance and supports them through the duration of the contract. They taught me new ways to connect with kids through the platform and how to improve my time-management in the classroom. The culture is very collaborative and affirming, with lots of constructive feedback. The hardest part of the job was just learning how to juggle the tools and student needs within the platform, but you learn quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great APM's and the sweet students. It was very rewarding work!
Pros
work from home, flexible schedule, supportive co-workers
Cons
limited hours available
Helping impact K-12 students across the U.S.!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
Elevate K-12 is an amazing company to work for on many levels. It is truly a mission focused company. Many companies claim this to be true but it often is not. At Elevate K-12 it is TRUE!!! Combining technology with personal interaction with students helps the K-12 students immensely.
Pros
Great culture, mission focused, career growth, fun challenges
Cons
Can be a fast-paced environment so be aware.
It is wonderful
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2018
I learned here a lot, such as it is one of the best tutoring company in the U.S although I did well. Moreover, I developed my skills and I have gotten many methods to teach my students.
Fantastic company and people to work for
Talent Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 15, 2018
This company really cares about you. They make you feel appreciated and needed. Always giving praises and if I needed anything, they were right there to support me. The team members are all fantastic and feel like friends instead of coworkers. Pay is great and hours were too. I loved what we were doing for schools and communities. Overall awesome company to work for.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Tutor
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  OnlineMay 11, 2018
I am new to online teaching, so this job is great for me beginning to learn putting my skills to use. I do enjoy working with the children. The company is a good company. I have no problem with them, I so wish they paid more.
Unorganized and no communication.
Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
I worked here as a math tutor during the summer before I got my first full time teaching job. This place is a JOKE. I was told that once I got my teaching degree, then I would get a raise to $15 an hour. Well, once I got my degree in teaching, they stopped using me. I'm assuming this is because they flat out didn't want to pay me. The school I tutored at was terrible. Most of the time the kids didn't listen or care. Whoever was supervising them did a terrible job. Then, without any warning I was let go. Out of nowhere I stopped receiving courses to tutor, and then after a few weeks with no reply from ANYONE who I was emailing, they sent me a message saying that they didn't need me anymore. Just like that. No one replied to my emails. Extremely unprofessional and disorganized. Also, the worst part is that you only get paid ONCE a month. Save you time and never work for this place. You are completely expendable in their eyes.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
Everything else
Good job for part time, contract work
Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  OnlineApril 18, 2018
I love working with the kids, and I like not having to lesson plan or grade. The pay is decent, although making a living on it won't happen. The employee portal can be very glitchy and can affect your pay if you're not vigilant. Management seems to be one person, and the upper managers are invisible (I've never heard from them). The system is working pretty well, though, and I enjoy it.
Pros
Good kids, set your own hours
Cons
Inconsistent support, low hours
An enthusiastic and energized company culture with a passion for helping kids succeed
Instructor (Current Employee) –  remoteMarch 27, 2018
I have been working for the company for a couple months, but I feel like I have been there for years, in a good way. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming it makes you feel right at home.
Pros
Remote job opportunities, respectful management, a feeling of being needed and appreciated, exciting opportunities with each new program, and the chance to help kids
Great Place to be if you are flexible
APM (Current Employee) –  ViirginiaMarch 16, 2018
I have been here for a long time, and there is plenty of opportunity to move up if you want to. The programs are unfortunately not always reliable, but they do the best they can to ensure that you stay busy. I enjoy working here, because there are lots of things to keep up with and improve on personally. The management is very accommodating and it is a overall good place to work!
Exciting Educational Tech Company
Recriuter (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 1, 2018
I have been with the company for about a month. It's a fun, exciting company that is continuing to grow. I currently work for the recruiting department. It is a very flexible position that you get to work from home and set the hours you are available to work. It is a perfect fit for what I'm currently looking for. I talk with candidates, get to know people through the interviews and hear why they are so passionate about teaching and wanting to make differences in children's lives. Managers and co workers are awesome too!
Pros
work from home, hours, growing company
Great organization for those looking to impact K-12 students!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 14, 2018
As an Instructor with Elevate K-12 my role is to work with K-12 students across the U.S. virtually. I love it because it offers me the flexibility to work from home but still be involved in the education space. I am a former teacher so to still be able to work in that space has been amazing. This is definitely the type of role for people who are looking to impact children's lives. I get to work with the same schools and kids week over week. Those who have worked with children know how important this can be to really make an impact and build a relationship. The pay is fair but if you are solely money motivated it may not be the right place for you. I make $15/hr since I have a teaching certification. My friend was not a former teacher and makes $12/hr.

I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys tutoring/instructing/teaching or just generally working with children to make an impact.
Pros
The company has a great mission, fair pay and allows me to work from home.
Cons
Some parts of the year it would be great to get more hours, but that really depends on the seasonality of education, not the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elevate K-12. Our community is ready to answer.