Elevations Credit Union Employee Reviews

Was a great place in the beginning but once they grew too quickly the environment changed. Executive leadership got greedy!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 4, 2019
Here at Elevations it’s about who you know not what you know. They are not fair with what they put into practice. Took remote access away but said it was for everyone but not the case. Again about who you know. They took stakeholder money and put $35 million back into the building after purchasing a $1million building. Layoffs are happening and the mortgage department leadership is joke! It’s about who you know and not what you know. They pay the executive leadership 6 digits plus. Also recent did quit a few layoffs with people who have been with this organization for a long time. I think they tee too fast with their greed and now you are starting to feel the pressure. The front end people in contact center and branches are being ripped off on their incentives & bonuses.
Pros
Vto
Cons
Lay offs, no Stability, greed, poor leadership decisions
Elevations Credit Union Boulder Colorado
Consumer Loan/HELOC Originator and Processor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 16, 2019
Elevations Credit Union was a first class, epic experience as an employee. This company cares for it's employees and the local communities it resides. They have opportunities to contribute to the community,paid time off to give back to the community, education for the employees to enhance their career and would donate thousands of dollars for different types of need.

Management took time to listen, educate and enhance all learning experiences associated with career advancement and encouragement. They allowed me the opportunity to learn loan processing, the mortgage loan culture and taught me how to do requirements of these positions
Pros
Culture, education, flexibility, salary and benefits, job satisfaction
Cons
working in a cubicle
Positive working experience
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 8, 2019
Relocated to the Denver, CO area from Omaha. Accepted a position of a mortgage loan underwriter in the Broomfield, CO and Boulder, CO area. Resigned to return to the Omaha, NE area after my wife's father had medical issues.
Senior Financial Solutions Guide (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 23, 2019
They really make an effort to make Elevations a great place to work. I enjoyed using our paid VTO, allowed me to serve the community without taking personal time off.
Elevations
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2019
Elevations is a good company to work for with a great culture. There's pros and cons like with any job, but in general they have good benefits and care about you
Terrible senior management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 6, 2019
Senior management was the worst at any company I encountered in my entire life. CEO created a culture that was cut throat, unsettling and lacking in any humanity.
Pros
Location. Company
Elevations Credit Union
Remain Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 12, 2018
Is and can be a great place to work. It is growing fast and has an awesome vision for the future. The turnover rate is extremely low. The CEO is amazing. He works for the employees, not the other way around.
Fun place to work, takes care of their staff
Financial Solutions Guide (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 9, 2018
Elevations is a great place to work! Not only are they a top credit union in the country, they are a top 10 employer in the state of Colorado and you can see it when you are there. Great PTO, great management, relaxed atmosphere. Couldn't say enough great things about them!
Pros
A lot of free food, relaxed schedule, work from home
Cons
HR can be a bit stuck in their ways
Good benefits, low pay
Complex Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 13, 2017
Company culture is great. There are lots of opportunities for training and educational reimbursement. However, I have never known anyone to really advance their career here. You may receive nominal changes in title or roles but that's about the extent of advancement.
Lots of work little pay
Operations Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 3, 2017
Job security but lack of management support. Yearly income includes quarterly and annual bonus estimates. Bonuses are based on a scale that includes customer responses only 30% of the company provide services for.
Good Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 29, 2017
My time with this employer was as a contract worker over a period of three months. Elevations Credit Union had a nice environment to work for and many nice people to work at. Only reason I left was my contract was up.
great job, great people
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 25, 2017
Loved working here, Members can be very hard to help sometimes. very rude very condescending. However, the people you work with makes it worth your time! and the members who are great become like family!
Productive work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CO 80301August 22, 2017
We strive to always help members succeed. We do whatever it takes to make the member experience the best they have ever had. We attempt to always make our purchase dates no matter what. This separates us from other mortgage companies and our members remember this and come back. I think that the same attitude needs to be remembered with their employees as well.

Management -

workplace culture -

the hardest part of the job would be to keep up on all the challenges with our new system. There are a lot of work arounds and daily we are getting different things to do or to do differently. It I a challenge to be crazy busy and keep in mind the daily changes. It will get better just the challenge of a new system.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do a great job for our members and of course my fellow employees. We have a great group of people.
Pros
PTO and Holidays
Cons
Furthering career
Find a Good Department
Operations Document Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 4, 2017
After working for a few different departments within Elevations it can be difficult in some ways to move up within the Credit Union if you are going in at the ground level. While the managers within my first position were not as supportive as was required, the next department I worked for was amazing.
not a positive environment despite what they tell everyone
mortgage (Current Employee) –  BoulderOctober 17, 2016
Horrible management, work life balance not good, current mngmt is ran dictator style. Non opportunity to advance. Would not suggest you apply here for many reasons
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work life balance, management
Educational
Collector (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 27, 2015
Would come in and work on collections of consumer loans. Would log bankruptcies and code accounts. Would also file insurance claims on loans that qualified for this benefit.
Pros
Experience to new skills.
Cons
Drive to work
Finsancisl service Representive II (Current Employee) –  Boulder CoJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at Elevations Credit Union, I worked at the corporate offices in the Contact center so I was on the phones working with our membership and servicing all their banking needs from transfers to complex issues with remote delivery, lending applications opening accounts, being educated in all departments from cards, to operations, accounting, payment services, loss mitigation, Training new hires I did enjoy all my co- workers we worked well together and always were a huge support to each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I've built with our membership and my co workers. Making a difference in the community.
Pros
Training, benefits, bonuses, envolved with the community.
Cons
Very hard to advance.
Progressive and strong organization continuously striving for excellence
Lead Executive Assistant/ Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Boulder CONovember 16, 2014
I spent nearly 24 years at Elevations and watch it transform from a relatively small neighborhood credit union to a leading Colorado financial institution. During that time, Elevations prioritized it's members' (customers') needs while still retaining a feeling of family with its employees. Management continuously seeks out opportunities for improvement, both in what it can offer the members, as well as in its processes. I held several positions while there and enjoyed all of them, each one providing me insight and perspective into the next.
Pros
Amazing benefits, strong management, visionary
Fun place to work
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 18, 2014
I enjoy working at Elevations. Even though a teller job is repetitive because of the work, the people and conversations that you have with people is priceless. You build good relationships with individuals and can help them by giving them options as to what the credit union offers by its services.
Elevations is a fun place to work for, and was very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
Always new trainings so all employees are on the same page.
Productive flexable job with great manager
Mortgage Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 10, 2014
I was unfortunately laid off due to declining mortgage industry.
However I did receive an excellent recommendation from my wonderful operations manager Dan LeDoux.

I was the post closing specialist for Elevations. Audited already closed files and all recorded documents. Received on going knowledge of mortgage types and required files.

I had a difficult time sitting in such a quiet environment in a cubical.

I really enjoyed my coworkers and the relationships that were built there
Pros
Four weeks paid vacation
Cons
Unfortunate lay off due to mortgage indusrty decline