Elevations Credit Union Employee Reviews in Boulder, CO

Elevations Credit Union Boulder Colorado
Consumer Loan/HELOC Originator and Processor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 16, 2019
Elevations Credit Union was a first class, epic experience as an employee. This company cares for it's employees and the local communities it resides. They have opportunities to contribute to the community,paid time off to give back to the community, education for the employees to enhance their career and would donate thousands of dollars for different types of need.

Management took time to listen, educate and enhance all learning experiences associated with career advancement and encouragement. They allowed me the opportunity to learn loan processing, the mortgage loan culture and taught me how to do requirements of these positions
Pros
Culture, education, flexibility, salary and benefits, job satisfaction
Cons
working in a cubicle
Elevations
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2019
Elevations is a good company to work for with a great culture. There's pros and cons like with any job, but in general they have good benefits and care about you
Terrible senior management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 6, 2019
Senior management was the worst at any company I encountered in my entire life. CEO created a culture that was cut throat, unsettling and lacking in any humanity.
Pros
Location. Company
Elevations Credit Union
Remain Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 12, 2018
Is and can be a great place to work. It is growing fast and has an awesome vision for the future. The turnover rate is extremely low. The CEO is amazing. He works for the employees, not the other way around.
Fun place to work, takes care of their staff
Financial Solutions Guide (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 9, 2018
Elevations is a great place to work! Not only are they a top credit union in the country, they are a top 10 employer in the state of Colorado and you can see it when you are there. Great PTO, great management, relaxed atmosphere. Couldn't say enough great things about them!
Pros
A lot of free food, relaxed schedule, work from home
Cons
HR can be a bit stuck in their ways
Lots of work little pay
Operations Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 3, 2017
Job security but lack of management support. Yearly income includes quarterly and annual bonus estimates. Bonuses are based on a scale that includes customer responses only 30% of the company provide services for.
Good Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 29, 2017
My time with this employer was as a contract worker over a period of three months. Elevations Credit Union had a nice environment to work for and many nice people to work at. Only reason I left was my contract was up.
great job, great people
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 25, 2017
Loved working here, Members can be very hard to help sometimes. very rude very condescending. However, the people you work with makes it worth your time! and the members who are great become like family!
Productive work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CO 80301August 22, 2017
We strive to always help members succeed. We do whatever it takes to make the member experience the best they have ever had. We attempt to always make our purchase dates no matter what. This separates us from other mortgage companies and our members remember this and come back. I think that the same attitude needs to be remembered with their employees as well.

Management -

workplace culture -

the hardest part of the job would be to keep up on all the challenges with our new system. There are a lot of work arounds and daily we are getting different things to do or to do differently. It I a challenge to be crazy busy and keep in mind the daily changes. It will get better just the challenge of a new system.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do a great job for our members and of course my fellow employees. We have a great group of people.
Pros
PTO and Holidays
Cons
Furthering career
Find a Good Department
Operations Document Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 4, 2017
After working for a few different departments within Elevations it can be difficult in some ways to move up within the Credit Union if you are going in at the ground level. While the managers within my first position were not as supportive as was required, the next department I worked for was amazing.
not a positive environment despite what they tell everyone
mortgage (Current Employee) –  BoulderOctober 17, 2016
Horrible management, work life balance not good, current mngmt is ran dictator style. Non opportunity to advance. Would not suggest you apply here for many reasons
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work life balance, management
Educational
Collector (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 27, 2015
Would come in and work on collections of consumer loans. Would log bankruptcies and code accounts. Would also file insurance claims on loans that qualified for this benefit.
Pros
Experience to new skills.
Cons
Drive to work
Finsancisl service Representive II (Current Employee) –  Boulder CoJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at Elevations Credit Union, I worked at the corporate offices in the Contact center so I was on the phones working with our membership and servicing all their banking needs from transfers to complex issues with remote delivery, lending applications opening accounts, being educated in all departments from cards, to operations, accounting, payment services, loss mitigation, Training new hires I did enjoy all my co- workers we worked well together and always were a huge support to each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I've built with our membership and my co workers. Making a difference in the community.
Pros
Training, benefits, bonuses, envolved with the community.
Cons
Very hard to advance.
Progressive and strong organization continuously striving for excellence
Lead Executive Assistant/ Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Boulder CONovember 16, 2014
I spent nearly 24 years at Elevations and watch it transform from a relatively small neighborhood credit union to a leading Colorado financial institution. During that time, Elevations prioritized it's members' (customers') needs while still retaining a feeling of family with its employees. Management continuously seeks out opportunities for improvement, both in what it can offer the members, as well as in its processes. I held several positions while there and enjoyed all of them, each one providing me insight and perspective into the next.
Pros
Amazing benefits, strong management, visionary
Productive flexable job with great manager
Mortgage Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 10, 2014
I was unfortunately laid off due to declining mortgage industry.
However I did receive an excellent recommendation from my wonderful operations manager Dan LeDoux.

I was the post closing specialist for Elevations. Audited already closed files and all recorded documents. Received on going knowledge of mortgage types and required files.

I had a difficult time sitting in such a quiet environment in a cubical.

I really enjoyed my coworkers and the relationships that were built there
Pros
Four weeks paid vacation
Cons
Unfortunate lay off due to mortgage indusrty decline
Great potential, management missteps
Asst Vice President - Lending (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 20, 2013
Overall this was a great organization, but ultimately my experience there was destroyed by the politics and power battles of a couple of chief-level leaders.

The credit union tries hard to live up to the core values and strategic direction they lay out. Since my time there, I do believe they have gotten better. A short time ago however, their ability to hold to those values was hindered by a CEO who was somewhat checked out, and a pair of chief-level officers who were passive-aggressively battling for more power and an edge of the CEO spot when it was vacated. Since then however, the CEO passed away and several of the chiefs were replaced. I do believe the organization is headed in the right direction now, and may be on track to live up to it's potential.

The organization is full of wonderful people who believe in the credit union mission and values, and give their all to making the organization successful and providing an unparalleled member experience. While my initial experience was not as wonderful as it could have been, I would certainly give them another try if the right opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Wonderful people, positive core values, community involvement
Cons
Poor management and leader accountability
Profrssional Banking Environmeny
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 19, 2013
This was a fun and engaging job. Training was constant. This was a banking environment. managers were there when needed. Co-workers were fun and even kept a few as friends when I left the company. They created a sense of belonging.
Pros
available job training, culture, security
Cons
it felt at times they wanted to be party of your personal life as of there was no seperation, that may have just been a few managers
Good place to work, great co-workers
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 26, 2012
A typical day consisted of helping members, over 500 in a quarter, cross selling loan and banking products, processing and closing consumer loans.
I found opening trust accounts was a little difficult
New managers came 6/11
Greatest co-workers ever
I most enjoyed exploring loan options and processing them. This made my members happy and kept them coming back to me.
Pros
co-workers were great team, good benefits, lovely customers.
Cons
can