Elevations RTC

Elevations RTC Employee Reviews

It is a good company to work for if you want to inspire youth to live better, productive lives! You must have lots of patience and be aware of your boundaries
I enjoy my job and love the people I work with. They offer a lot of good training's so that their employees can continue to grow and learn. Overall a really good place to work.
Elevations has an incredible team working together to support struggling adolescents. Each day I have I have the opportunity to support families as they try to make sense of a very difficult situation. Being able to provide families with quality care for their child and follow that child through the process is incredibly rewarding.
Working here has been a real struggle. The training is unorganized and rarely leaves you feeling like you’ve learned anything. If you aren’t a part of the “in-crowd” expect to learn everything baptism by fire. Residents suffer from a plethora of behavioral issues, trauma, addiction etc. With prior training and experience in this field you may find that you’re capable of effecting real change. For those of you new to this type of work, beware. It isn’t uncommon for residents to lash out violently, and several staff (currently employed) are actively recovering from a concussion. The leadership is more concerned with being in ratio than actually developing solid staff, and you’ll often feel that you’re doing a whole lot of investing with no reward. After training if you make it past the hazing phase, ask your co-workers how they feel about working here. You’ll be hard pressed to hear anything other than their plan to quit as soon as possible.
As a clinical intern at Elevations, I have been set up to succeed. Whenever I had any issues, there have been multiple resources and people available for me to access. People work to keep a positive culture and friendly environment and work to set each other up to succeed.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Working in a RTC level of care can be a hard job and I believe the people I work with understand how taxing this can be on an individual. I feel that they have provided a culture to support me in finding the balance of self-care, providing the best treatment for the students I work with, and people I can enjoy working with. I love that I can go the the Directors with suggestions and see it put into action and not get lost in the system. They have supported me in becoming EMDR certified over the past two years and helping give me the opportunity to continue with my training to provide the best level of care for the students I work with.
A day at work is usually well balanced with challenging tasks and rewarding moments. Each person is valued through consistent implementation of strong values.
Working with struggling teenagers every day is stressful and challenging. It requires a lot of internal drive and motivation, but can be very rewarding. If you can stick with it for at least a year and have an opportunity to see positive change and growth in some of these teenagers then you know that your work has been worthwhile. It requires patience, dedication, consistency, hard work, a lot of mental/emotional flexibility, and openness to your own learning and growth. The workplace culture here is generally friendly and supportive. We all know we have a tough job and have to provide a lot of help and support to each other. It's easy to get burned out when things don't seem to be going well, when the kids seem to keep coming in with the same problems, and there doesn't seem to be any hope of things getting better. If we can hold on just a little while longer we often start to see some positive changes happening with these teens. This is not a job for everyone. It takes a certain set of characteristics to stay here long term and to be motivated to stay and succeed. If you think you have what it takes to be a caring, supportive, positive role model for these teens, if you can withstand high levels of emotional stress, and you like to help people make positive changes in their lives, this might be the place for you.
I loved this job more than anything. Working with those kids is so rewarding when you watch them succeed. However, the management is a disaster. My boss knew most of the problematic stuff in my personal life, she never gave me the "official" verbal warning, nor did she give me a written one. Yet, the day i called to find out what i needed to do for a medical leave of absence, she says they're terminating me. Asked why, was told due to my attendance and other circumstances. Wouldn't tell me what. But yold all my coworkers why and broke my confidentiality. Supervisor picked favorites and talked negatively about ither employees in front of kids. Tried to tell HR, got no response.
Helping the teens move on in their life was stressful at times but very rewarding to see them succeed. It feels good to help someone in need. I loved it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elevations RTC?
Worked here for a few years but finally decided to quit a few months back, best decision ever. Horrible place to work. the administration has it set, however if you are mileu or in the kitchen, etc. you drew the short end of the straw. There is no chance for promotions, unfair pay, and ignorant staff. Everything is determined with favoritism. There are cliques everywhere so get ready to go back in time 25 years to redo high school. Management is VERY reluctant to address serious issues with staff, however little things are blown out of proportion. Even brought up a problem with HR once and was dismissed.
The kids were treated poorly, always under staffed, there were always staff encouraging bad behavior and sitting back and laughing. It was almost impossible to get higher ups to listen when things were wrong. The kids were constantly fighting and disrespecting staff.
Pros
Food
Cons
Staff, hours, pay
They didn't tell me up front the job would be PRN. I've been there a year and I'm still considered PRN and they have hired other people as full-time. The HR manager walks around with her nose in the air like she is better than everyone else. I still have never been reimbursed for my fingerprints
if you are not part of the clique you are an outsider. the best part of the day was seeing the therapy dogs. Management was horrible. they didn't allow you to do your job
There is always a lot of excitement at elevations you will never have a dull day. The hardest part of this job is its hard to climb up the ladder to bigger and better things.
Stressful but rewarding work environment. Spend your shift teaching and guiding troubled teens to live a more successful life. Also ensuring the residents safety.
  1. Employee Reviews