Elevations RTC

Working at Elevations RTC: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

jobworkingdaystaffrewardinglotyearpeople

Very stressful. Build rapport with your boss and it will be easier

The job was flexible, but very stressful. I feel like my direct boss was supportive, understanding and available, but other management running the place are ungrateful and have no idea how hard it is. I think the staff need more support, direction and appreciation or else the turnover rate will remain high. The staff deserve more pay for how much stress they are put under.

Amazing staff and supervisors

Best upper management team ever. The over all morale with in the company is so supportive, the benefits and pay are good, they have company parties a couple times a year and staff bonuses once a year, they offer free meals to staff which is a great benefit and the food there is amazing

Elevations RTC insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Toxic work environment and horrible pay. Shady management and unsafe environment for the students.

I worked at Elevations for 3 years. I loved working with the kids, therapists, and the parents as well. The toxicity came from co workers and supervisors/leadership. As a company that preaches core values of communication, support, and a common goal of helping students lead a productive lifestyle, they absolutely do not exercise this among staff. The culture is extremely divided and there is a huge gap in support and communication between supervisors and milieu staff. Shady company that’s Only in it for the money. Don’t work here if you actually want to help struggling youth.

Pros

Chance to build rapport and influence youth in a positive/productive manner

Cons

Toxic work environment. Low pay. No work/life balance. Shady management.

Not the best place

Training was ridiculous and nothing was learned, you literally just follow an employee and hope they train you. The senior staff does not respect the new staff and will not support any decision that you make. The students are very disrespectful and will not listen to you if you are new and the other staff will talk bad about other staff in front of the students which does not help with the respect and them listening to you as a new staff. The medical care that they provide for the students is ridiculous, 1 student waiting 3 days for meds for strep throat, and another one they just monitored when a suicide attempt was made.

Pros

They feed you

Cons

No breaks most the time, if you want a 10 min break you have to ask and it is only ok if there is coverage

Fun and laid back environment. Incredible management.

This job is a dream job for most. Coworkers rock, flexible scheduling offered, students are awesome. If you’re looking for a psychiatric nursing opportunity, Elevations/Viewpoint is the place for you!

Pros

Free meals! Massage therapist every Monday!

Caring co-workers, inclusive environment, low pay for employees not in leadership

Leadership is very understanding and accepting of all employees. They have a purpose to care for and do what’s best for the kids, which should always be number one. Benefits and pay could DEFINITELY be better. Leaders play favorites in promotions, pay, etc.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

401(k) has no company match, pay could be better for some staff

Decent place to work if you love working with a difficult population

I loved working here for the students. My boss was incredibly supportive & so was the team I was working with. I was treated well, but I was not compensated fairly. When I changed jobs I was able to get $12,000 more a year at a similar job that required the same experience/qualifications. The benefits were pretty decent. The job was stressful with constant understaffing and in general it’s a high stress environment working with “troubled” teens. Definitely didn’t agree with decisions made for some kids treatment plans & therapists don’t really take your opinion into consideration until you prove that you are good at your job. Which for some people that could take years. It is an emotionally charged environment, and prepare to be treated poorly by some of the students. (Name calling, threatening, etc) some students will do it to see how far they can push you & how you react can make or break your ability to do your job. Some staff are difficult to work with because they are push overs or let the kids run the show.

Pros

Free lunch, kind management (mostly) fulfilling to help kids

Cons

No breaks, poor compensation, difficult environment

Working at Elevations was a great experience for me. I learned a lot about behavioral health and therapeutic communication with those that are at risk. I would recommend working here.

You should enjoy working with youth and be passionate about it and have lots of patients

It is a good company to work for if you want to inspire youth to live better, productive lives! You must have lots of patience and be aware of your boundaries

I enjoy my job and love the people I work with. They offer a lot of good training's so that their employees can continue to grow and learn. Overall a really good place to work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elevations RTC?

Great place to work!!

Elevations has an incredible team working together to support struggling adolescents. Each day I have I have the opportunity to support families as they try to make sense of a very difficult situation. Being able to provide families with quality care for their child and follow that child through the process is incredibly rewarding.

A Sinking Ship

Working here has been a real struggle. The training is unorganized and rarely leaves you feeling like you’ve learned anything. If you aren’t a part of the “in-crowd” expect to learn everything baptism by fire. Residents suffer from a plethora of behavioral issues, trauma, addiction etc. With prior training and experience in this field you may find that you’re capable of effecting real change. For those of you new to this type of work, beware. It isn’t uncommon for residents to lash out violently, and several staff (currently employed) are actively recovering from a concussion. The leadership is more concerned with being in ratio than actually developing solid staff, and you’ll often feel that you’re doing a whole lot of investing with no reward. After training if you make it past the hazing phase, ask your co-workers how they feel about working here. You’ll be hard pressed to hear anything other than their plan to quit as soon as possible.

Positive Environment, Co-workers, and Resources

As a clinical intern at Elevations, I have been set up to succeed. Whenever I had any issues, there have been multiple resources and people available for me to access. People work to keep a positive culture and friendly environment and work to set each other up to succeed.

A company that understands the difficulties of working in a RTC level of care

Working in a RTC level of care can be a hard job and I believe the people I work with understand how taxing this can be on an individual. I feel that they have provided a culture to support me in finding the balance of self-care, providing the best treatment for the students I work with, and people I can enjoy working with. I love that I can go the the Directors with suggestions and see it put into action and not get lost in the system. They have supported me in becoming EMDR certified over the past two years and helping give me the opportunity to continue with my training to provide the best level of care for the students I work with.

The place is rich of opportunities to grow and find a personal calling

A day at work is usually well balanced with challenging tasks and rewarding moments. Each person is valued through consistent implementation of strong values.

Challenging and rewarding experiences

Working with struggling teenagers every day is stressful and challenging. It requires a lot of internal drive and motivation, but can be very rewarding. If you can stick with it for at least a year and have an opportunity to see positive change and growth in some of these teenagers then you know that your work has been worthwhile. It requires patience, dedication, consistency, hard work, a lot of mental/emotional flexibility, and openness to your own learning and growth. The workplace culture here is generally friendly and supportive. We all know we have a tough job and have to provide a lot of help and support to each other. It's easy to get burned out when things don't seem to be going well, when the kids seem to keep coming in with the same problems, and there doesn't seem to be any hope of things getting better. If we can hold on just a little while longer we often start to see some positive changes happening with these teens. This is not a job for everyone. It takes a certain set of characteristics to stay here long term and to be motivated to stay and succeed. If you think you have what it takes to be a caring, supportive, positive role model for these teens, if you can withstand high levels of emotional stress, and you like to help people make positive changes in their lives, this might be the place for you.

Bad Leadership/ Great Job

I loved this job more than anything. Working with those kids is so rewarding when you watch them succeed. However, the management is a disaster. My boss knew most of the problematic stuff in my personal life, she never gave me the "official" verbal warning, nor did she give me a written one. Yet, the day i called to find out what i needed to do for a medical leave of absence, she says they're terminating me. Asked why, was told due to my attendance and other circumstances. Wouldn't tell me what. But yold all my coworkers why and broke my confidentiality. Supervisor picked favorites and talked negatively about ither employees in front of kids. Tried to tell HR, got no response.

Helping the teens move on in their life was stressful at times but very rewarding to see them succeed. It feels good to help someone in need. I loved it.

Please do not do this to yourself.

Worked here for a few years but finally decided to quit a few months back, best decision ever. Horrible place to work. the administration has it set, however if you are mileu or in the kitchen, etc. you drew the short end of the straw. There is no chance for promotions, unfair pay, and ignorant staff. Everything is determined with favoritism. There are cliques everywhere so get ready to go back in time 25 years to redo high school. Management is VERY reluctant to address serious issues with staff, however little things are blown out of proportion. Even brought up a problem with HR once and was dismissed.

Horrible

The kids were treated poorly, always under staffed, there were always staff encouraging bad behavior and sitting back and laughing. It was almost impossible to get higher ups to listen when things were wrong. The kids were constantly fighting and disrespecting staff.

Pros

Food

Cons

Staff, hours, pay

sometimes unfair

They didn't tell me up front the job would be PRN. I've been there a year and I'm still considered PRN and they have hired other people as full-time. The HR manager walks around with her nose in the air like she is better than everyone else. I still have never been reimbursed for my fingerprints

Common questions about Elevations RTC

Answered by current and former employees at Elevations RTC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elevations RTC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Elevations RTC Reviews by Location

Learn about Elevations RTC in popular locations

Elevations RTC reviews by popular job title

• Elevations RTC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?