Elevations RTC Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding experiences
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, UTDecember 6, 2019
Working with struggling teenagers every day is stressful and challenging. It requires a lot of internal drive and motivation, but can be very rewarding. If you can stick with it for at least a year and have an opportunity to see positive change and growth in some of these teenagers then you know that your work has been worthwhile. It requires patience, dedication, consistency, hard work, a lot of mental/emotional flexibility, and openness to your own learning and growth.

The workplace culture here is generally friendly and supportive. We all know we have a tough job and have to provide a lot of help and support to each other. It's easy to get burned out when things don't seem to be going well, when the kids seem to keep coming in with the same problems, and there doesn't seem to be any hope of things getting better. If we can hold on just a little while longer we often start to see some positive changes happening with these teens.

This is not a job for everyone. It takes a certain set of characteristics to stay here long term and to be motivated to stay and succeed. If you think you have what it takes to be a caring, supportive, positive role model for these teens, if you can withstand high levels of emotional stress, and you like to help people make positive changes in their lives, this might be the place for you.
Bad Leadership/ Great Job
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTOctober 9, 2019
I loved this job more than anything. Working with those kids is so rewarding when you watch them succeed. However, the management is a disaster. My boss knew most of the problematic stuff in my personal life, she never gave me the "official" verbal warning, nor did she give me a written one. Yet, the day i called to find out what i needed to do for a medical leave of absence, she says they're terminating me. Asked why, was told due to my attendance and other circumstances. Wouldn't tell me what. But yold all my coworkers why and broke my confidentiality. Supervisor picked favorites and talked negatively about ither employees in front of kids. Tried to tell HR, got no response.
Milieu Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTAugust 19, 2019
Helping the teens move on in their life was stressful at times but very rewarding to see them succeed. It feels good to help someone in need. I loved it.
Please do not do this to yourself.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTJune 20, 2019
Worked here for a few years but finally decided to quit a few months back, best decision ever. Horrible place to work. the administration has it set, however if you are mileu or in the kitchen, etc. you drew the short end of the straw. There is no chance for promotions, unfair pay, and ignorant staff. Everything is determined with favoritism. There are cliques everywhere so get ready to go back in time 25 years to redo high school. Management is VERY reluctant to address serious issues with staff, however little things are blown out of proportion. Even brought up a problem with HR once and was dismissed.
Horrible
Milleu (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTMay 14, 2019
The kids were treated poorly, always under staffed, there were always staff encouraging bad behavior and sitting back and laughing. It was almost impossible to get higher ups to listen when things were wrong. The kids were constantly fighting and disrespecting staff.
Pros
Food
Cons
Staff, hours, pay
sometimes unfair
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, UTJanuary 28, 2018
They didn't tell me up front the job would be PRN. I've been there a year and I'm still considered PRN and they have hired other people as full-time.
The HR manager walks around with her nose in the air like she is better than everyone else.
I still have never been reimbursed for my fingerprints
closed minded
Dietary Manager, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTJuly 27, 2017
if you are not part of the clique you are an outsider. the best part of the day was seeing the therapy dogs. Management was horrible. they didn't allow you to do your job
Kids are great and we all have fun
Dietary Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  UTOctober 27, 2016
There is always a lot of excitement at elevations you will never have a dull day. The hardest part of this job is its hard to climb up the ladder to bigger and better things.
Helping troubled teens succeed
Milieu Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, UTOctober 10, 2016
Stressful but rewarding work environment. Spend your shift teaching and guiding troubled teens to live a more successful life. Also ensuring the residents safety.