Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Found 809 reviews matching the search See all 1,206 reviews
Productive, High demands, but good work/life balance.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
Good place to work. At ELI Lilly the typical work day was busy yet manageable. I learned to work well a team player. It was organized and structured. Good environment , lots of intellectual stimulation.
Great Place to work
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRAugust 13, 2018
It's an excellent place to work. Excellent emphasis in security daily to prevent / minimize accidents. Sadly, since things in the island of Puerto Rico overall are lacking and jobs are steadily declining, the opportunities on this company or any other are scarce. You mostly work as a contractor for 3 years tops and since there´s no opportunity for a permanent position you have to go after your contract ends. According to what I've seen to mid 2018 year, the last person to get a permanent position was around 7 years ago, which is sad. The company is awesome, and I would love to be a permanent part of the team, but sadly that can´t be the case, because the island overall is badly affected by the recent economy changes in general, and so are the companies in it.
Best in the Midwest
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2018
If you want to do corporate life, Lilly is one of the top companies in the Midwest. High demands, but good work/life balance. Good environment, lots of intellectual stimulation.
Nice place to work overall
Altiris Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Eli Lilly and would have continued working there if our jobs were not outsourced in my opinion. The job was competitive but not overly stressful the people were friendly and the overall environment was pleasant.
Busy Goal Driven Work Environment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 5, 2018
Ok place to work but advancement difficult. Benefits ok but salary below industry standard in my work area. Work life balance was ok would work there again if they stop laying people off left and right and get their act together
Ok
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2018
Not worth it; save your time and apply elsewhere. Good orientation but nothing offered as a FTE only contract work....and do not think you are safe from being let go before contract.
The culture changed
Sales (Former Employee) –  NunyaAugust 1, 2018
The changes implemented were for the benefit of the shareholders not the employees. Even to the point of diminishing the healthcare plan such that the medications covered were only generics not branded , which is crazy if you consider that Lilly manufactures branded products. Point being that money being saved and redirected any way and at any cost became the mantra, including cutting benefits and jobs.

It was a fabulous place to work at the outset. Good training. Not outstanding but good. The culture was fantastic , supportive , and well-balanced. Then the tide turned and it’s been a downhill slide since, which makes itself evident from the stock price to the docs offices.
Pros
Great coworkers, wonderful patient education materials
Cons
Priorities changed from patients to stockholders
Productive workplace
Laboratory Aide (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRAugust 1, 2018
At Eli Lilly employee must comply with workshops that help each individual grow. The company strives for excellence in their product and have state of the art technology.
Great company but currently undergoing major changes
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2018
I had a great 28.5 year career at Lilly. I traveled the world in my various roles and had numerous enjoyable assignments. I those 28.5 years, only had one assignment where my boss was pathetic. No interest in developing me or rewarding me for my efforts. Assignments were challenging and fun. I always had full support of my supervisors when needed, except the one assignment.
Eli Lilly and Company
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2018
I valued my time at Lilly! I had the privilege of working both at its corporate center and out in the field as a hospital sales professional and systems analyst. I loved the people I worked with there!
Very good company to work for in all facets
Capital Projects/Supplier Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2018
Great company to work for. Can have a long career if you like with many opportunities to move cross functionally if you desire. Great employee amenities including fitness centers, daycare facilities, free parking,
Pros
Great facilities and work environment
Cons
Can be process focused over results focused
Excellent Opportunity
Automation Scriptor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2018
Lilly is a very established pharma company with many opportunities for advancement.

Company culture is collaborative and has the employee mental and physical wellness taken into account
Pros
Curiosity
Cons
Bureaucracy
Summer Internship- RnD
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2018
There was lots of training prior to working at the bench independently. My PI was very knowledgable and willing to help with any questions I had throughout the whole experience.
Highly depends on your immediate supervisor
IT PM (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2018
Working at Lilly for over a decade, I had some great supervisors and some really challenging ones. The support and opportunities that I received were highly dependent upon my immediate supervisor. Executive level leaders have been there for a long time so they are trying hard to clear out the old and make room for the new. Many previous employees are actually returned from when they left due to poor management or were reallocated.
Pros
Lots of pros but depends on your business unit and direct manager
Cons
Inconsistent management practices
It's a corporation
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2018
Everything is fine, paced well and the management is attentive. Being a drug company they always make sure everything is in tip top shape because we get audits all the time.
Pros
Job Culture, benefits, pay
Cons
no windows in the labs, boring
Buen ambiente laboral
Representante de Calidad (Current Employee) –  Valle del CaucaJuly 24, 2018
Buen ambiente laboral con posibilidades de crecimiento profesional y aprendizaje continuo.
Be Prepared
DTC Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2018
Lilly is a wonderful company to work for if you're prepared to work in a culture that's very self serving. Not all departments are the same, marketing in particular is very political and you must be good at navigating.
Great experience for a High School student
Global Staffing and Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
I competed with over 400 students (of which 12 were selected) for my year internship at the company. It was a fantastic experience and I look forward to the day I can return to Eli Lilly as a professional in IT. It's a dream and I may never end up getting there, but it's something to strive for.

Everyone is very friendly and always willing to work with you. There is an on-site doctor's office and it was even available to me as an intern. I never had a bad experience with management. They even offered meetings for the students to learn how to better write a resume and how to narrow down your job prospects.
Good place to get experience
PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  MexicoJuly 16, 2018
Eli Lilly is a good company to start your career. They will teach you so much but you need to go somewhere else if you really want to advance and achieve your goals.
excellent company to work for
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
fast paced, always learning constant challenges.
Must be able to move with change, learn quickly, adapt sales and marketing to the changing market and environment.
Must be able to form relationships with your customers to gain access and promote your product.
What I enjoy most about it was the customers that helped patients have a better outcome with their health issues.