Eli Lilly

United States1,288 reviews

Found 1,288 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,886 reviews

Eli Lilly insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Hands Down the Best Company

No wonder why Lilly has been there for a long time. Eli Lilly really live by the saying that "the workforce is the most valued asset of the company". When Lilly closed the facility I was part of, they offered me any open position I wanted and even a lower position without experience. Lilly would protect my current pay for the first three years while I gain the required experience. This kind of loyalty while they offered an awesome severance package should I decide to leave the company. The mistake I made is that I left because of geographical preference to stay on the east coast. I wish I could rejoin Eli Lilly. If you have an opportunity to join Lilly, please accept the offer, you will be glad to work for this wonderful organization.

Pros

Best company overall

Cons

Nothing I could think off

Look elsewhere

Management does not care about anyone, you are there to be used and abused and they are happy to remind you that you can be replaced tomorrow. It is not the Lilly from 20 years ago, respect for its employees is gone.

Pros

The benefits and pay are good.

Cons

Salaried employees work 24/7 - 364.

Overall for having a job it is good company to work in

Most workdays are very busy. In my history I had 2 nice managers, but they are not popular to their bosses, since they are not very pushy to their subordinates; and they had to leave the company. Most coworkers are friendly. It is nice place to gain technical skills.

Pros

Good benefits, good place to gain technical skills

Cons

Political relationships

I appreciate all Lilly does for employees. Just do your job and follow procedures and all is good. Great amount of vacation time. Good benefits. Dynamic workplace

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

None really

Bright future with robust pipeline, but...

Lilly has a lot going for it. The pipeline is robust and no matter your role, you will likely have meaningful work. But, the restrictions imposed by upper management are a real burden, especially in sales. It is definitely BIG pharma.

Pros

purpose-driven

Cons

mgmt-imposed burdens

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great Benefits, training lacking in my department

It’s a great company to work for with awesome benefits. My only complaint is that the training was really slow and disjointed in my department. I am planning to leave for better pay and a more suitable schedule.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Poor training in manufacturing

Terrible workplace Dec. 2021

Currently work here....been here 3 years never seen such a disorganized company in my life....do your research before coming here this company didnt even make the top 100 list for manufacturing in indiana. If you cant switch between day/night shift or move without notice to entirely diff departments to do thier b*tch work since you have no clearance to do anything else while not on your area. As a parent its extremely hard to switch from day to night and vice versa. Pay is terrible u start out more at chick-fil-a. The only nice thing is the vacation time but even that sucks because 80% of the time its used just to not have to be here instead of actually using it to relax. Lower management doesnt have a clue as to whats going on since theres no communication between them they are all looking out for themselves only.

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Everything else

Great place to start and end your career. Pay may be lower than other companies located on the East Coast. People are friendly and helpful. Will be moving back to a more collaborative environment (still flexible, but being in the office majority of time), and will depend on role/department.

Pros

great benefits, in the US get first week of Jul and last week in Dec off, pension

Cons

Vaccine mandate, unless RE or ME

Overall great place to work

Good management & benefits. Pay could be better as you really don't make much more when you're last in the nation as first from a performance standpoint.

Pros

Free lunch. Good benefits. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Pay. Rules that slow advancement for high performance

Flexibility

Flexibility and competitive compensation. Advancement is according to exceeding quota (as expected) and time consuming, repetitive employee engagement projects. If you are lucky enough to come up with project or idea that is a company priority-then you advance.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Changes in priorities

Lots of good connections

I was an intern and I never really got accustomed to my role but I did make a lot of connections over the summer that I felt were very meaningful. Received a lot of good advice as well. Work life balance is okay but it could be better. Management could be better as well. My manager and tech coach weren't on the same page when it came to my project so I was confused on what exactly I was supposed to be doing for a while.

Pros

Company culture, meaningful work

Cons

Job security. Clean environment. NO work/life balance. Better job opportunities elsewhere. 12hr/shifts are murderous on families.

**The typical day at work begins either at 6pm or 6am.**Work/Life balance will be rough. For employees working these hours, it's very hard on families. So you should take that into account. **There are great opportunities for advancement if you focus and stay out of the politics. **Benefits are decent but NOT AT ALL what they were. Two years ago, they were trimmed down. **Workplace Culture fluctuates depending on the department. It can change over a matter of weeks and is mostly dependent on leadership. **I would say that the best part about working there, is that if you feel the environment isn't quite up to par, stay long enough and do an impressive job, you could move into those positions that can change that environment.

Pros

Clean work environment/ Great Medical coverage/ Great growth potential

Cons

Marginal pay increases, IF AT ALL. Inequality between Manufacturing and Corporate. POOR work/life balance.

Salaris belangrijkste

Niet hypocriet zijn in de Pharma vereist zéér goede sales-resultaten en een sterk karakter. Ontslag is altijd één dag voor je. Overlevers verdienen mooi salaris en kunnen wat van de wereld zien

Productive Workplace

There are so many things that I was able to learn and take away from working at Eli Lilly. The culture is why I continued to work there, they have some of the best people that really want nothing but the best for you. Highly recommend.

Great flexibility and work/life balance; company culture is very woke.

I have great teammates, a fantastic manager, and wonderful flexibility with my time. Overall its a great job - it just requires a lot of driving and windshield time, but that's not unique to this company; its a part of the job. I've really enjoyed my time here, but the company is fairly partisan. They put a large emphasis on culture, and encourage open dialogue (if you are also woke). If you like that, its a great place to work. They are requiring customer-facing employees (sales personnel) to get the COVID vaccine, and that is ultimately why I am leaving.

Pros

Flexibility, work/life balance, employee benefits, phenomenal pipeline.

Cons

Drive time, Can't use your phone while driving, woke CEO

Okay

There is a lot to uncover with this company but I will only do the major goods and major bad. If you become one management favorites you will go far. Most of your coworkers are liars and will lie to management which hurts you getting hired on and learning a job to get hired on. Instead of your manager being honest with you and trying to give you an opportunity in different departments, the will hold you out until your contract is up and fire you or keep extending your contract and never hire you on. This in itself is extremely frustrating and stressful.

Pros

Great family balance, mostly good people

Cons

Pay, management, favoritism

Amazing place to work

Great place to work! Extremely supportive during the pandemic. Great benefits. Very corporate management. Great training. I don’t have anything negative to say

Benefits

Cons

Lack of upward mobility and increase in salary

Great learning and productive place to work

Started working as validation engineer in April. Company culture is very engaging and positive minded. I haven’t seen any one within the company getting shouted or made feel bad. Even the sick and vacation policy was great and time off can be taken to wish

Great benefits but lower on the pay

People are very nice, but not competitive. A lot of asking "if I can" just to wait to never find out the answer. Micromanaging at its finest. Management is also an issue

Benefits

Not the Lilly it used to be

Going down hill fast. They claim diversity and inclusion but it's all talk. Pay is below average. Raises do not even cover cost of living. Management fails to adapt to new technologies and treats people differently depending on if you fit in the clique. They are having trouble staffing all areas of the business and now with a vaccine mandate it will be even harder to fill those positions. Benefits are above average but they come at a cost of dealing with the rest of the issues. Be prepared to be on call and work frequent overtime as there is a shortage of workers.

Pros

Clean environment. Good benefits

Cons

Pay, poor leadership, vaccine mandate

D & I is great if you fall in the catagories they care about.

This is not the Lilly that used to be. The culture has shifted to one that is only truly inclusive if you fit in with the hot ticket media trends. Also the company recently changed policy to remove ability to use floating holidays at our discretion. The companies stance on vaccinations is one that will put many in the poor house for having an opinion other than what management deems safe for us, our families, and community.

Pros

Cant think of many

Cons

Too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

69%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss