Eli Lilly

United States1,368 reviews

Found 1,368 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,004 reviews
elipharmaceuticalpharmaindianapolisculturebalancepipelineproduct

Hands Down the Best Company

No wonder why Lilly has been there for a long time. Eli Lilly really live by the saying that "the workforce is the most valued asset of the company". When Lilly closed the facility I was part of, they offered me any open position I wanted and even a lower position without experience. Lilly would protect my current pay for the first three years while I gain the required experience. This kind of loyalty while they offered an awesome severance package should I decide to leave the company. The mistake I made is that I left because of geographical preference to stay on the east coast. I wish I could rejoin Eli Lilly. If you have an opportunity to join Lilly, please accept the offer, you will be glad to work for this wonderful organization.

Pros

Best company overall

Cons

Nothing I could think off

Strong values

Strong values and history make for a clear vision at Lilly. Very large companies like this will have awesome teams and toxic teams. I'v'e had both. Restructuring is a little too frequent. Very high on networking and relationship building so be prepared for that if you're to be successful.

Eli Lilly insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits, working conditions, everything. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing, great place to retire from. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I can only say, the best. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy, looked forward to going to work.

Intern during Covid

Lilly was a cool company with nice people but I interned in the midst of Covid 19 and didn’t feel as though I got the breadth of experience most student received in prior years.

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits and company cultureWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Depending on the department it can be hard to transition into higher positions.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Most management strive to make the environment a pleasant one and the culture is great.

Diverse projects international

Open office concept not conducive to concentration.Management too controllingCoworkers are multi-talented and provide knowledge to help be successfulTime constraints to do proper analysis is limitedThe pay and benefits are world class

Pros

Variety of capital projects to develop and bring to fruition.

Cons

Management too controlling.

Lots of Freedom

Sales rep can come and go as you want. Make friends with management and you will do fine regardless of sales success. Be careful what feedback you give. Hardest part of the job is the planning and implementing programs that do not work.

Pros

Plenty of vacation; great place to work for people of color

Cons

Bonus structure is low

Good work/life balance

Good work/life balance with two paid company shutdowns-- one for the 4th of July and another for Christmas/New years. Pay could be more competitive compared to other pharma companies.

Very Rewarding Place to Work

Allowed to be independent in completing tasks and assignments and leadership was there to extend support and encouragement. Work place culture is one of respect for everyone.

Pros

Secure and safe facilities, great amenities at work, laundry, food, healthcare

Cons

None at this time

Fun and relaxing

It wasn’t too bad honestly got to work with a team had great training as well. Everyone is nice and willing to help you get on the same page and the pay was great.

Great benefits

Good place to work if you want job security good benefits retirement benefits are good. Paid leave for medical or maternity is very good. Good facilities as Far as cafeteria and on-site gym.

Well organized, Management is well trained, Relaxed

I was contracted several times at Lilly but one was very special. It involved a secure project for finance that had global considerations and was not discussed in clear terms. So the effort turned out to be a two year bust and the end of Waterfall development and the introduction of Agile development. That was very historically IMPORTANT don't you know...

Pros

Friendly management, great working areas, etc., etc.

Cons

Other than parking there are none. Parking is major issue.

What is the best part of working at the company?Generous vacation .Lots of extra days offWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Work like machine. Working on your feet. 2 person job expected What is the work environment and culture like at the company?All melted.All culture. Most of them Chinese and Vietnam

Promote work life balance

I was there long ago. The culture was good. I accepted another position because Indianapolis was not the right location for me. Management was supportive.

Pros

Beautiful Campus

Good place to intern

Enjoyed my internship experience - lots of mentorship and learning opportunities available. There are lots of tours and seminars for interns to learn more about the company. Make sure you take the time to meet more people on your team and network outside of your department.

Good pay and good benefits.

Good benefits, at higher levels it is the like the good old boys club. But now it includes a more diverse group, but it is still quite like that. Pay is good and benefits are good. Management so so, it depends who you work for and and what area.

Varying experiences

Management drives the culture at Lilly. So goes the Sr leadership so goes the culture. The culture is driven by those who report to the ceo. Great pay, good people, challenging work. People work hard and likely more than 40 hours per week.

What is the best part of working at the company?It was intellectually challenging and a great team working atmosphere. There was a true passion by leadership to help me grow in my career. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Very short timelines and heavy/delayed upper leadership input.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It shifted from a family-friendly and warm working environment to stoic and hostile. It also shifted from a research-first agenda to a social/political-first agenda. The application of ICH GCP guidelines is no longer incorporated into the employee policies. Employee privacy is no longer applicable.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Informative meetings and collaborative working meetings.

Great team / low pay

Great team and leadership, however, pay is much lower than industry standards. Commission is capped regardless of how much revenue they are bringing in. Health insurance is okay.

Pros

Great team and leadership

Cons

Los pay / capped commission

Ok

Good pay and benefits but long hours and graveyard shift. 12 hour graveyard shifts are rough. 12 is too much and nights messes with your mind. Hard to sleep.

Excelente salario

Excelente salario. Trabajo flexible y fácil. Los turnos son un poco exigentes.

Pros

Buena paga!!

Cons

La rotación de turnos es horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight