Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Found 911 reviews matching the search See all 1,339 reviews
great
Clinical Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2018
i love it. I am so glad I work here. Everyone is kind, helpful, and considerate. I really would recommend anyone to work here. They will love it, just as I do!
Liaison/Payers and Healthcare Providers (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2018
Good place to work. Very relaxed, compensation is reasonable, the people that work there are very affable and helpful. May require multiple projects at a time.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
work alone most of the time
System Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJDecember 9, 2018
Keeps the patients we help always first
I have learned procurement processes and have a mindset of "Safety first"
The most enjoyable part knowing I play a part in helping our patients
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Layoffs
Enjoyed my time
Specialty Osteoporosis Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Lilly. I moved around to different specialties in the company and was supported in my development. I felt empowered to work as an ambassador for the company.
Great for some depending on where you work and who your boss is
QC (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2018
The manufacturing side of this company is NOT the same Lilly everyone raves about. SUCH a huge disappointment. If you are a single mom in mfg forget about it, you'll never make it. No flexibility and if you have the misfortune of getting sick and calling in, even with medical documentation, you will be constantly threatened with losing your job. There is a reason why this company is not the top pharma company lol.. it is all in who you know and not how hard you work...much the same model I saw when I worked as a contractor in R and D. Some people have it really good here, it is really just luck of the draw, but I have never been treated so poorly in any job and I have been in the industry for almost 20 years. I can't wait to see this place in my rearview mirror for the last time. I should have listened to others who worked on the mfg side who had similar experiences. Good luck..
Pros
Good benefits for those outside mfg
Cons
Work life balance, sick leave, management
Job Overall
FDE OPERATOR II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work is everyday because your dealing with people lives.
I've learned safety, communication, strength and weakness.
Management is great and awesome.
The hardest part of the job is machine downtime, nothing to do when everything has been done far as cleaning and learning plans.
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating and getting to know people as well as learning new jobs to do.
Pros
knowing everything
Cons
Thinking You know everything
Good company
Senior Operator fill finish (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2018
Good place to work for as a non college degree person. Very large company that prodded life saving medications. Good compensation and leave policies. Good to know your work makes a difference in people’s life
Pros
Compensation for a non degree job
Cons
Large company
no comment
Sales Representative, Diabetes Division (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 2, 2018
No comment about typical work day or what I have learned in the company I am just trying to skip this step on the website thank you very much and have a great day
A very good work environment.
Associate Information Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2018
I was fortunate to work in very good teams that consistently excelled and always encouraged success. Unfortunately, outsourcing made working there more stressful than desired.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Excessive outsourcing
Great to begin your career
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2018
Plan to leave in 5-7 years. Long term employment is less valued than in the past.

To succeed, make it happen, leadership will not develop you or offer coaching. There are many resources to access for advancement. You are on your own once onboarded.
Key to success in this company is 'who you know". Because of this gossip is rampant.
Every interaction with others is a judgement and value assessment of you.
My advise - don't have a bad day or keep any emotion under wraps.

Not a place to be your authentic self.
Great for a first job to get familiar with the politics of a work environment, but not healthy for long term employment.
excellent
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2018
Loved it, the job was great I've work in and out of contract about 6 years for this company. I think anyone who works for them will enjoy the co workers the manager and all the staff and they have great food.
Typical large corporation
Senior IT/EIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2018
The work environment and culture changed over time and reallocation became the norm. Good pay but very little room for advancement at starting levels.
Contract Position
System Support Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2018
Contract Position - FMEA on new equipment validation. Eli Lilly employees had strong tendency to look down on contract employees. Not a show stopper.
Great
Neuroscience Treatment Team Educator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2018
It was a contract to bring psychoeducation to various mental health settings throughout the country. It was not medication specific, but education about working with minority populations.
Pros
time limited
Cons
a lot of travel
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 25, 2018
Eli Lilly is an excellent company to work for. The companies commitment to diversity and inclusion is what drew me to the company and it has continued to expand their inclusion programs and acknowledge the different cultures within the workforce.

Benefits are really great. Health, Vision and dental benefits are among the best I've experienced. Excellent time off benefits: Vacation, sick time, personal time, bereavement, maternity, etc.

Unfortunately, management and the overall Administrative Service department is lacking a lot of direction and connection with the Administrative assistants in the group. My manager in particular is very unorganized does not provide accurate information and often creates issues within the group. Micro-managing is a huge pain point in our group. The disconnect between the ASC and the departments that the Admins support is vast and there have been no efforts to bridge that gap.
Pros
Diversity and company benefits
Cons
Management within Administrative Services(ASC)
Good place to start your career
Associate Brand Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
Great training and opportunities to learn and develop.

Many of the best managers left at the end of 2017, so there are a lot of new people in leadership positions.

Generous salary and benefits compared to local opportunities.
Pros
salary
Good place to work, great benefits. Loved it!
Manufactory Oops (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2018
It was good whem I was there but I worked with a couple guys that were very difficult to work with. It could had been possible that they looked at me as a contract employee so they felt superior. It was said that other women had that position and they dealt with the same problem from these two. I resigned at that time, but I was not truly satisfied with that decision but I needed the peace.I felt belittled and I felt I could had been more productive during my training but I thought it was best. The supervision was good they did not put a lot of pressure on you , they wanted you to learn the job and be good at it. They offered many training classes and welcomed our input. Today I look back I really wish I had not resigned because I really liked that job it was very interesting. When I left the exit interview showed me how caring this company is, they wanted to make sure that I was not harassed or pushed out in any way, they made me feel special and appreciated. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked Eli Lilly, A great place to work.
benefits
Cons
the two guys i worked with
Great team and District Sales Manager
Sr. Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2018
I haven't worked there in over five years but I had a lot of fun with a great team. I didn't intend to leave, they had a 30% reduction in their sales force.
A very giving, caring, diverse company.
Operator, Automated Process (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
They take care of their employees and will give them recognition for hard work. I think that they have figured out that, a happy employee makes a good employee.
Pros
Company paid insurance premiums
Cons
getting through traffic to get to work
Company undergoing transformation
Clinical Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 6, 2018
The company is undergoing transformation. Very chaotic/stressful. My new manager seems to only want folks reporting to her that will do what they are told and not express differing views.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Eli Lilly.

Powered by Comparably