Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Great work life balance
Senior Specialty Osteo Biologics Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 24, 2018
Lilly offered a great corporate culture and work life balance. There was minimal opportunity for advancement and minimal opportunity for compensation increase even with exceptional performance. There was a great deal of "busy" work and time wasted on conference calls and not enough selling.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
minimal advancement opportunities and financial increase
Machine Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2018
My typical day at work was to pretty much do as i was told and mind my own business. Finish up what was given for you to do. Clean your area.
The company is great
Pros
Great company
Cons
na
Good company to many lay offs
Senior Cardiovascular Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2018
Lilly is a good company, but the management is mediocre. Many lay offs the last couple of years.

The environment of the company is good but stressful.
Pros
good salarie and culture
Cons
Management is mediocre and to many layoffs
Decent Experience but takes forever to get anything done
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2018
Nice offices in downtown Indianapolis with convenient access to local amenities. Environment was a little sale and projects take along time to get going and complete due to the regulatory requirements. That's to be expected in the industry but can be difficult at times to navigate.
Pros
Cons
Stale Environment, project length
Great place
Global HR Consultant, Recruiting & Staffing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2018
Good people, great culture. Everyone rallied around a common mission and vision and values. People felt that their work mattered and that we were helping patients live healthier lives.
Lots of work with staff reductions
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2018
Lilly is a great company that does great things. However, recent retirements and staff reductions has caused it to be a stressful place to work. Transfomations in work areas cause employees to be stressed about job security. Current president is making unpopular and sometimes unrealistic decisions and mandates. We do good work, but there is a lot of it and lots of demands. There are some really great, dedicated people there however who are very driven.
Pros
Great benefits, smart people, diversity
Cons
Lots of work, tight ever-changing deadlines
Excellent opportunity
Senior Automation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 13, 2018
Very challenging job. Worked with "state of the art" technology and process.
Professional environment with demanding challenges on the day to day work.
productive and learning environment
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  pakistanApril 12, 2018
i liked to work in this organization i found of more than lot of things to learn and get knowledge and information not only about disease but what possible remedy at different stage,what products available in market to treat your disease and what your product do best to control and whats are alternative.
Pros
lot of space for personal development
Cons
stressfull sometime to achieve goal
Mediocre
Medical Editor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
Eli Lilly has moved into a culture of giving their employees every 'in house' benefit known to man in an effort for their employees to spend more time at work than not. Pay was poor. Management was average/poor.
Innovative Culture
Research Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
A scientist is provided all the required tools to excel. There is a "can-do" culture when it comes to science. Upper management is 100% supportive of science and R&D. The only drawback is that middle management gets in the way at times.
Pros
Free Innovative Days - Do science on your personal projects
Cons
middle management gets in the way of progress
Productive and fun place to work at
Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2018
No free coffee. Parking is very far away and requires over five minutes of walking. Promotion opportunity is scarce.

Job load is OK. Sport activity is encouraged.
Diverse company with challenging opportunities
Controller/Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 8, 2018
Company provides opportunities for employees to grow. I also had opportunities to explore different roles outside of my background to grow individually while maintaining a work life balance.
Great Company with Great Products
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 6, 2018
I was really happy in this position. Great company with great products and great people. The only reason that I left was do to a nationwide layoff of 500 people. We were the new sales force on the block and although I finished top 10% I was still riffed.
work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 6, 2018
Good co worker, and management. Just pay is to low for lab position. The company have the last of technology, instrument and software for perform the day to day work.
Pros
stable company
Cons
low pay
Supportive of workplace
Senior Sales Representative,Men's Health IHP (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJApril 4, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Lilly. It was my first experience with a pharmaceutical compay. The training I received was amazing. They continuously prepared you with dealing with your physicians and having the knowledge that was required to have a good conversation with them. Their bonus program is great along with comparable base salaries.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Delayed sales results
Great Internship
Parenteral Mfg. Eng. Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
Great Internship. Team members were very helpful and always willing to involve me in new tasks. I learned a lot about pharmaceutical manufacturing while i was there.
A good place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2018
I love working at Lilly and would recommend it to anyone. The benefits and pay are both good , and paid time off as well. My only complaint are the working hours in my particular position.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Hours
Not enjoyable for me
Service Integration IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
Relaxed, but strict at the same time. I learned a lot about many different systems throughout the entire company and many best practices in the IT/Pharma industry. Management was less than favorable at times, however, they were not the worst I have had. Hardest part was how boring it got at time. The most enjoyable part was when you were given a task without a super strict time limit and people breathing over your neck for it to be finished quickly
Put in 8 hours per day
Senior Specialist Import-Export Compliance (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at work - expected. You are required to do what is expected of you. That some times could be 8 hours or 10 hours depending upon whether it is the first of the month or the end of the month.
Pros
End of the month
Cons
First of the month
Associate Consultant Scientist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2018
Lilly is a great place to work. The employees are honest, reliable and professional. Work is challenging with a focus on quality and deadlines. Upward mobility can be difficult because of the wealth of talent in the workforce.
Pros
Great employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight