Elica Health Centers Employee Reviews

Great work, poor management
Provider (Former Employee) –  Arden-Arcade, CAApril 22, 2019
FQHCs have their issues, but Elica had more than its share. Not a collegial atmosphere, and the goal seemed to be seeing as many patients as possible in a day, not quality care. Some may do well with this, but there are many other FQHCs with better salary and benefits and that care much more about their patients and their employees.
Elica Health
Locum Tenens Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 13, 2018
Too disorganized for me. The office was consistently running out of vaccinations with no alternative back up plan. Supplies in general were limited with little support.
management
Medical Assistant Back Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 10, 2018
There is no support or advocacy from upper management until they know they are getting in trouble then they will step in to say something to cover their side. You can only succeed at this place if you don't know them.
Poor Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2018
I’ve worked with ELICA for about 4-5 months. They have us do so much work with the pay we get. And they’re management is super poor, they don’t care about your concerns, & play favors. It’s a great place to start your medical career, but it’s definitely not worth all the extra stress they put on your shoulders. They don’t care about their employees concerns, nor do they care about your complaints. Great coworkers, I can say.. they were what was keeping me there. Wouldn’t ever want to work for ELICA health centers again.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management & Pay
Growing
Admin (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2018
Growing organization with typical growth related issues. Confusion, management changes, good people given mixed expectation with little autonomy. Some positive changes are occurring.
Pros
Serving low income populations
Cons
Benefits, entry level salaries, silos in management
Easy place o work for as long as you are willing to deal with medical patients.
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2018
A lot of medical patients you have to talk to. The management is ok they are willing to work with you for schedule as long as they see you are dedicated worker. I had training for 2 weeks it was very easy and I learned quickly.
Do your job and get paid
IT Support Team Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 24, 2018
Nothing remarkable. A contractor position but it was valuable in exercising atrophied skills and it was kinda cool to help set up twenty computers in a office with a working OS network distribution, networking, and electrical while putting outlets at appropriate places.
Pros
Hard work but laid back socially
Cons
It ended
Great learning opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2018
During my time of employment with Elica I was able to work with every department. It allowed me to work with different doctors and this was a great opportunity to learn more about adult medicine.
Pros
Fleixible Schedule
Cons
Long days because I worked 10 hour shifts
Low pay, poor treatment
Sacramento - Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 6, 2018
This job would be good for someone right out of school to gain experience and leave ASAP. The management does not treat employees fairly. Elica mentions in the new employee orientation that you will receive a performance evaluation after 90 days and from then on, every year. Sound fair. But I have been with Elica for several years and my first and only performance evaluation and raise was after 3 years of employment. The turnover rate is extremely high and management still hasn't been able to figure out why.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Unfair treatment, low pay, expensive benefits for family
fast paced type of job
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 29, 2018
i learned a lot working at Elica, i always wanted to start as a front desk to where we check in patients, schedule them and check them out. But at Elica, it was more than that, which gave me the variety to learn more things than expected.
Amazing Mission
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 12, 2017
There are many committed people working in this community health center. The mission to serve the disadvantaged is an honorable one and the staff make a difference ~ they are everyday hero's.
Overall good place
Team worker (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAOctober 10, 2017
Elica is a good job if you are starting off. Once you have experience and know how a workplace should be this is not your place. Overall i had a good experience.
Sad Managment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2017
Atmosphere in the clinics are absolutely depressing, but you have to make the environment better yourself, and this, patients notice. I have constantly been informed how patients strongly dislike and despise the patient care displayed here. Currently all clinical employees are in fear of their job positions for hours are being cut, as well as the employees, because the company has made a foolish mistake of attempting to advance quickly instead of investing into quality patient care and a proper functioning EMR system. Hardest part of the job would be being understaffed and over stressed, but the lovely coworkers are like family and can help it all improve.
Pros
Amazing Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Management, Emr, Hours, Atmosphere
My Experience
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  1860 Howe Avenue - Sacramento, CA 95825August 3, 2017
One of the aspects of the job which is not mentioned in my resume is my exceptionally strong people skills. This is most important when communicating with the staff. People skills also bring out more trust and confidence in the work you do. While I do believe in having fun in the workplace, everyone knows I am consistent with my decisions. I also pride myself with great presentation and training skills, which includes harassment training, safety meetings, on-boarding to open enrollment meetings.
Pros
Bringing out the best in each employee
Cons
Employees who still break the rules
Great and friendly place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed working along side with intelligent Doctors, PA's, and Nurse practitioners. The staff was also very friendly and easy to get along with. Everyone worked as a team to help one another get through the work day. I enjoyed being able to help patient that did not speak English by being a Russian/Ukrainian translator. I loved working with patients and creating a positive non-threatening environment during their doctors visit. Overall great place to work. Amazing management and staff!
Pros
able to work 4 10 hour shifts a week, friendly staff/doctors
Cons
a little bit stressful
productive and educational
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2017
Good environment to work in. Learned quickly how to operate the computer system. Coworkers were very kind. Learned new things along side of working. Great place overall.
Payment Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Arrive early to have coffee before shift starts, a learning curve daily which I enjoy, management is great and the people are too.
Pros
Cons
I have no cons
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 11, 2015
Fun work place with employees are supportive. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleague
Started out good
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2015
The work place was good. It is a growing company and so there were growing pains with moving offices. I moved 4 times in 10 months. While I liked my job and the mission statement appealed to me as serving the poor, in reality, the front desk staff and some of the providers had attitudes with the patients and would routinely assume that just because they were poor, they were looking fr drugs. It could be very frustrating. There was also not a defined job description. I worked on several projects including coordinating a clinical study in conjunction with Kaiser Permenente, the patient centered medical home transition and the annual UDS reports as well as the HRSA monthly guidelines. All of these were interesting.
Pros
fast paced, worked independantly, trusted by boss
Cons
can be very clicky.
externship
Administrative Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2015
great people just experienced fast paste I would like to even get more experienced working there myself feel welcome every time I go there. its something was rough when answering phone because I didn't know how to response to question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elica Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Elica Health Centers Reviews by Location