Eligibility Screening Services Employee Reviews

Poor upper management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Meridian, TNApril 9, 2019
Management changed too much and when new management comes in they are not trained well and make current employees that are there feel incompetent when they actually have the problem
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Micromanaged within an inch of your life
Eligibility Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 11, 2018
If you are able to work independently or make decisions on your own, do not work here. Managers and supervisors will micromanage you every second and you will get in trouble without consulting them.
Good compnay
Regional Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Great leadership , works with the community, good benefits, great travel opportunities, has improved with clear communications. Would work there again.
Best job i ever had
On-site Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAJuly 30, 2018
If not for the hospital being sold and the company losing their contact, I would still be working for them. Unfortunately, they did not have any positions in this area so I lost my job. It was by far the best job I ever had and I absolutely loved it. If you like to help people and ever have the opportunity to work here, do it. You won't regret it.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Can become stressful when people don't cooperate
Poor place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AR 72956June 13, 2018
Poor work place culture, grade you like your in high school, told daily your not doing a good job, learned nothing, the most enjoyable part of the day is when I clock out for the day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything but pay was bad
Nice Place
ESS ONSITE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 10, 2018
Nice Place to work great benefits. Nice hours with some week-ends. A chance to meet other people, not just the people you work with. Those bonds are just as important. You learn so much from other that will stay wsith you as you continue to grow in your own career.
Pros
Nice Place to work nice pay
Cons
Work some holidays
Productive workplace that keeps you busy
Onsite Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 22, 2018
Work is a guaranteed 40 hour week. Management is very firm about policies. No overtime, and productivity standards must be met continually. It does take several months to get a full grasp on your position to feel that you know what you are doing, comfortably.
Pros
Benefits and quarterly incentive
Cons
Constant changes to productivity measures
Good Place
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 21, 2018
I would recommend working here. The company provides a great service for the community - It is very rewarding to help people find good medical coverage.
Fast paced always busy
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 14, 2018
Very busy at facilities, Staff are great. Learned a lot in the short time employed. All avenues of the revenue cycle, payments, learned more about billing and tracking.
Pros
Go to different States
Cons
Work life balance
Sometimes family orientated company
On-sight Eligibility Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 7, 2018
I really enjoy working with CHS. I have had a great opportunity in meeting new people. The only down fall is that I am bilingual in fluent Spanish and receive the same pay as others that are not.
Pros
Opportunity to meet new people
Cons
No opportunity to advance in company
Not a good place to work at all
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 14, 2017
I've worked for a good company that does eligibility, and I can honestly say ESS has no idea! They don't care about the employees, their management is terrible, their process for screening and finding accounts is rudimentary at best. You're basically a number to them and they love to micromanage to the nitty gritty, and will go so far as to count your keystrokes through their outdated computer software. It was one of the worst environments I have ever encountered. They don't care about helping patients they don't care about the nature of the work and this reflects in their awful numbers, because they don't get accounts approved which is what they ought to strive for because that is when the money comes in! But their too concerned about keystrokes. Absolutely Pathetic! If you're okay with being treated like a robot then step right up...otherwise you need not apply.
Pros
Income
Loved my job!
On-site Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PADecember 4, 2017
I was blessed to have the opportunity to work for Eligibility Screening Services. I had the most amazing, supportive supervisors that were there to help me learn and grow. The only thing I would have to say I disliked about this place was the length of time it would take to receive a response from supervisors when needing an answer to a time-sensitive question. They are kept very busy with conference calls and responsibilities that they were sometimes difficult to contact. That is literally the ONLY negative thing I would say. The job is very fulfilling, the compensation is great, and there is advancement opportunity if you are willing and able to possibly relocate and/or travel.
Pros
fulfilling job accompanied by great compensation package
Cons
response time from management
Enjoyed my experience.
Health Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 25, 2017
Enjoyed my experience with company. Learned a lot about Federal and State Health insurance programs. Very knowledgeable manager. Managers, although not on-site, where accessible.
Meaningful Work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 23, 2017
While it is a Call Center job, which means you are on the phone all day, the work was meaningful. Talking to patients in need all across the county was great. Not everyone wanted to talk to us which was sometimes discouraging but when we did talk to someone and find a program to help with medical bills it was pretty satisfying. It might not be the best pay out there and the chance to advance was a little limited to only those who wanted to travel it is a good place to start. For an office / call center job it was good. I like that the start time was flexible within a specified time frame, lunches could be 30-60 minutes which I also like.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Traffic in Cool Springs
Love to work at this facility and for this company.
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAMay 19, 2017
Typical day of work was help pt sign up for assistance, maintaining contact with the patients, and keeping a positive relationship with the hospital and coworkers..
Pros
Able to assist patients in applying for financial programs
Cons
Negativity among other departments toward our departmnet
Great Starting Point!
ELIGIBLILTY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 4, 2017
Overall, great start to career. I think the job security is what is scary, because it is funded through the state. Management is really good at working with you.
Great learning experience, and great work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 3, 2017
Eligibility Screening Services through Community Health Systems in Franklin, TN was a great company to work for! The benefits were above average, and the opportunity to advance is very quick.
Good Company Poor Management
Onsite Eligibility Rep (Former Employee) –  MSFebruary 23, 2017
At the beginning I loved working for this company. The pay was great. Minimal supervision. In the time I was with the company there was a high turnover in Management. The lack of leadership made it difficult to complete task. There were communication issues.
Pros
work life balance, compensation, benefits
Cons
poor management
Not Family Oriented
Regional Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 3, 2017
Excellent service rendered to the community as a whole. Purpose is to secure Health Insurance Coverage for those in need.
Pros
excellent service for the communities we serve
Cons
no work/family balance ...
Not a good area ESS to work in.
ess (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 19, 2016
This Department is not a good area to work in. The director does not care about her employees. They will make rules up as they go along and then go back and score you and not take in to account the new projects she has given. Refuses to hear everyone out and will write you up when the mistake was hers. Does not won't to change things when she see's that things are not working well for the company. Very rude when you talk to them. Do not come work for this department or you will regret it. They also play favorites when time to promote.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Does not make smart moves as a department.