Elite Dental Partners Employee Reviews

Horrible Work Place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 18, 2019
Elite does not care about any of there staff in the offices they only care about the DR and the Headquarters. The little people in the office that make it run mean nothing. I would NEVER recommend anyone to even be a patient at an Elite office.
Lack of follow through
Office (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 27, 2019
When this company bought our office we were told that things would get better and the changes would be minimal. Initially the changes were good. More structure with payments and no discounts. Ordering was controlled which was great. The benefits (insurance) was great. The downsides were no follow through for bad behavior, no repercussions for unethical actions. The was a lack of communication from corporate to the practices they own. HR was just as unhelpful as the regional and above management. It was beyond disappointing to watch things fall apart and the corporate office just wash their hands of it.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Lack of transparency, reporting does nothing
October 7, 2019

First, thank you for your feedback. We strive to do be the best, but even the best is not perfect. We are so sorry you had these negative experiences, and want to see what we can do to correct these problems. If you feel comfortable doing so, please send us an email at TeamMemberRelations@EliteDentalPartners.com so we look into this a bit more. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Great Company to work for, always room to grow
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJuly 31, 2019
I started at an office many years ago, Elite came in a few years ago, at first I was worried about what was going to happen. They took the time out to let everyone know what was going to be expected and answered all questions we had which was awesome. Looking back on those years it has been great, the company has grown a lot since then, letting each office stay there own. They have protocols and certain things in place to efficiently run smoothly, but overall an outsider would never know what has happened which is awesome. As far as an employer they are the best, benefits are great and anything you may need you have a great support system weather it is your office manager, regional director - they have a list of support emails for anything you need and you always get a response back within a day. You also have tons of room to grow with the company if you like too which I think is a big positive, companies grow as well as employees its great that you can stay with the same company that you like to work for and excel yourself.
Pros
Support team, room for advancement, benefits and pay
Cons
None!
Poorly Controlled Office
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2019
I worked with A dr that was out of control aggressive in behaviour. I left upset daily. Dr would be talked to and then retaliated the next day. Hateful, micro managing. DiDisrespectful,
Pros
Paid decent
Cons
Dr
July 7, 2019

I'm so sorry you've had this experience. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at HR@EliteDentalPartners.com so we can dig in further to your experiences. Retaliation and aggression are two things that are troublesome to providing a great environment for teams and patients.

If Elite is buying your office- RUN
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 21, 2019
THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH ELITE IS, THEY DON'T CARE. They never get back to you on anything, they don't communicate, They change things without any discussion with the office and team members. They are unfair and unwilling to work with the offices they buy. They also NEVER come into the office. We see our regional director MAYBE 1-2x a month. They make changes without even stepping foot in our office, or seeing how well we run on a day to day basis without them. They make us review ourselves and then they tell us that they cant give us a higher score than we gave ourselves. So its not a true review. YOUR MARKETING WILL PLUMMET. They aren't willing to work with third party teams (who you've had for 20+ years) You wont get nearly as many patients and then they will scold you for not hitting production goal, all because they failed to keep marketing up. NOTHING is their fault. My recommendation, if your looking to sell your practice, DON'T BUY INTO THEIR LIES. They are very good at making themselves sound like they are the best of the best. Good luck.
Pros
PTO. Nothing else.
July 7, 2019

Feedback is a gift, so thank you for sharing your experiences. While we do a great job providing support, there are always blind spots that we can work on improving. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at HR@elitedentalpartners.com so we can dig in further. Thanks again for your feedback.

Very happy to be part of the Elite team!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnsburg, ILMay 5, 2019
I’ve been with Elite Dental Partners now for a little over 4 months and I am very pleased to be part of the Elite Dental Partners team! I have been in private practice dental for over 25 years and while change is scary Elite has made the transition an absolute pleasure. Management is easy to work with and my RDO has been there every step of the way to help with any concerns myself, doctors or team members have had since affiliation. I truly believe Elite is dedicated to each one of their employees and offers all the tools necessary to take your job to the next level. Elite really does take an interest in each of their dental offices and it is a true partnership. They offer good pay, benefits, paid holidays, PTO, opportunity, and the feeling of being a part of something special.
Pros
Pay, benefits, Pto, paid holidays, cares about their employees
Excellent employer
Support Center Team member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2019
I have been in dental and healthcare leadership for 15 years. I feel extremely lucky to be a part of an organization that is growing exponentially, forward thinking and supportive in all aspects.

I feel our team members in the field and at the support center have the autonomy to make decisions. We are given space to grow and develop. Our leadership supports collaboration and promoting team members from within! The growth potential is incredible.
Pros
collaboration, support, open minded, autonomy, growth, great leaders
Rapid growing company that doesn’t care about the little guy.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 7, 2019
Elite is a rapid growing company with not enough appreciation for the little guy. We are supposed to have reviews for raises and months have gone by without a word or a response as to why this hasn’t taken place. The RDO for the office hasn’t came out to even meet us one time. She is apparently to busy adjusting to her new job. Which is understandable taking a new position. It is a very shady place as the office manager gets told one thing and the Doctor told another making it an awkward work environment. HR rarely responds to questions if at all. The promises given are just unpaid debts and I have yet to see someone happy who is employed through elite. Maybe a union should be considered.
Pros
Pto, 401k
Cons
You are a small fish in a big pond
March 10, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We consider feedback to be a gift and we will take these issues you have experienced to heart as we continue to grow. Thank you once again for sharing your insights into how we can improve the experiences of our teams.

A young, growing, and very interesting company
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 7, 2019
I've been with Elite since the company's inception and have watched it grow tremendously. This growth is definitely because of the central mission--be a true support system for dental offices. It's absolutely a win for all involved. There are always growing pains with new companies, and Elite was no exception--Elite out punted the coverage team for quite a while, and managers were spread very thinly. I can say with confidence now that the company is catching up and backing up expansion with the right number of highly-qualified personnel. I plan to be around for a long time, as the work is rewarding, and it's been an interesting ride!
Pros
Young, energetic crew, solid benefits, great work-life balance
Cons
Staff often spread thinly
March 10, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience! We appreciate your kudos!

Excellent decision to join Elite!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 6, 2019
I've only been with Elite a short period of time but already I appreciate all the help I've received from my RDO and corporate! I would highly recommend someone joining one of our wonderful locations.
Sadie Parrish
Pros
Wage, hours, doctors, staff, corporate, work environment
Cons
I can't think of anything
March 10, 2019

Thanks for your insight! Glad your experience with the company has been positive.

Growing company with opportunities for advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2019
I enjoy the autonomy of my position and the trust my manager has in my ability to complete my work. The culture is positive with the overall goal of improving patient health outcomes while supporting dentists.
Pros
Growth within the company
Cons
Lack of communication at times
March 10, 2019

Thanks for your insight! we appreciate you sharing your experiences!

No respect for or appreciation for hard work and dedication
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2019
Don’t even waste your time starting you’ll just find yourself frustrated and looking for another job all of the hype about teamwork and loyalty was just white noise This is a small group, a new group of young individuals who are trying to make as much money from your hard work so they can get out. I can see that I am just another victim of someone else’s greed.
Pros
They provide health insurance but you have to pay for
Cons
Very poor management
January 23, 2019

So sorry you've had this experience, if you feel comfortable doing so, please email HR@elitedentalpartners.com. This is definitely not the experience we are striving for with our affiliated offices. Your insight is greatly appreciated in helping us grow and improve.

March 11, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we highly appreciate anyone coming forward to share their experiences, positive or negative. We will take your feedback to heart to improve our team's experiences. If there is anything you would like to speak to us further about you can email us at HR@EliteDentalPartners.com. I will say that we actually do not have a practice currently in Nashville, TN, so you may have the wrong company. Regardless we will look into the claims.

A few things we would like to clarify for future employees regarding health insurance and our team's experience. We do offer several ACA Compliant medical plans to all of our benefits eligible team members , all of which we pay a portion of the premiums.

Our support center employs a savvy team of experienced individuals that support our offices in areas like marketing, human resources, accounts payable, finance, operations, and information technology. In addition, our founding partners have more than 100 years combined of dental experience.

Come for the pay and leave due to terrible management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 20, 2018
Wow. This company places no value on staff that work hard. There is little diversity in the company and it is obviously their goal to keep it that way. They have no interest in the quality of their doctors. Some doctors are mentally unstable. I have worked with dentists that throw items at the staff, degrade them in front of patients, and say that older patients don't need recommended treatment because they are going to die soon. The upper management in this company is questionable at best. Bills go unpaid. Checks given to employees bounce. HR will disregard complaints. HR will ignore meeting request for months at end. It can take over 2 months to receive reimbursement for expense reports. The list goes on and on.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Pay
Cons
Regional Managers, HR Department, Practice Owning Dentists, Accounts Payable
January 23, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. Your honesty will help us in our continued efforts to improve our teams' experiences. If you would, please email HR@elitedentalpartners.com and we can dig into these complaints. We take complaints very seriously and investigate each and every one.

Would not recommend
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 12, 2018
Nothing is in the open. Upper management is so secretive. Your regional will not care about your questions. HR has never responded to even one of my emails. Elite is buying way too many practices and they do not have enough people in place to make any kind of transition smooth. Elite has stressed me to my core. Notice all the positive reviews are higher up in management and all the negatives are people who work in the offices themselves.
Cons
Management, 100%
January 23, 2019

We are so sorry to hear you've had this type of experience. While we are growing at a fast rate, we never want to give the impression that we don't have time for our teams. Please email us at HR@elitedentalpartners.com if you feel comfortable doing so and we can dig into some of this.

Working for EDP
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 2, 2018
I cannot at this time give a review as we have only been associated with the company for 2 months. All new things are chaotic at first, but has the potential to be a good business.
Pros
scheduled lunch time
Cons
having to do things in a corporate way opposed to a private dental provider
January 23, 2019

If you would, we would be interested in hearing some of the things you are being told to do in a "corporate way opposed to a private dental provider". We strive to keep clinical autonomy in each of our practices. Thank you so much for your insight. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at HR@elitedentalpartners.com to dig in further.

Great Business Model and Team, but lacking a modern culture and approach to work.
Support Center Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2018
The idea that a dentist can find a DSO that will provide the business support that is needed without giving up their clinical autonomy is a winning business model. This is the reason for the company's explosive growth. The opportunities are plentiful, and the experience of creating systems and processes exists for nearly every team member

One area needed improving though, is the culture of the home office (or support center as its called). Some departments are employee first and support a work/life balance allowing team members to work from home when needed, and maintaining a collaborative mindset in every aspect of the role that is done. Other departments are a punch the clock, task driven monotony that requires regular long hours and 7 day a week work...with not even a thank you or "great job" to be given.

In today's working world, having a stuffy office environment where the idea of employee first, modern office cultures is simply saying "no ties" is not always going to get you the best recruit. Pay seems way out of whack as well, some people/departments are supremely over paid while others are supremely underpaid. This is common.

With that said, the dedication and passion of your peers make up for any shortcomings. Everyone is pleasant to work with, but its a shame seeing some get burnt out so quickly.

Think outside the box, don't build another one around the one your already in.
Pros
Bright future, Amazing Team, Promotional Opportunities
Cons
Pay/Cutlture is not consistent across departments, medical benefits expensive, Inter-departmental communication is lacking
September 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We continually strive to improve team member experience in our offices and in the support center. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at HR@elitedentalpartners.com so we can dig in further to some of these issues you describe.

Once again, thank you for your input and giving us the opportunity to improve.

Didn’t like it
N/A (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 19, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend... management is terrible.... HR is awful and very unprofessional. Although I learned a lot at elite, I wouldn’t recommend working here...
August 26, 2018

First, we are extremely disapointed to hear your impressions of our management and HR teams. We truly want to learn more about what the root cause of these impressions are. (Full disclosure: Human Resources is responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of the Elite Dental Partners Company Page.)

It sounds like you have a lot of great feedback that might help us improve as a company and as a Human Resources Department.. If you would, please email HR@EliteDentalPartners.com if you feel comfortable expanding on some of your experiences.

We sincerely thank you for sharing your impressions.and experiences. We would not be able to enact meaningful change and improvement without it.

The Elite Dental Partners Team

Great business model, poor leadership
On Corporate Team (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
The company is in a booming industry and has a great business model. It has been and will continue to be very successful.
The issue at Elite is not the business, but the management. The management likes to preach about a family environment and opportunities for growth. In most cases this is true, and some employees have had chances to move up. But there are also some places where that holds no truth, especially in the finance department.
Facts:
-The company did not have any sort of event for over 1 year. Team building, holiday party, anything
-3 of the 5 finance staff left within a 1 month period. That says a lot about the leadership
-Long hours and weekends are expected despite what your employment agreement says
August 10, 2018

We are so sorry to hear of your negative experiences. This is not representative of the Elite Dental Partners dedication to its employees. If you feel comfortable doing so, please reach out to us in Human Resources so that we may dig into this a bit further and see how we can improve things for future team members. You can reach out to HR@elitedentalpartners.com.

We truly appreciate you providing your honest and candid feedback. Thank you.

Awful Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 26, 2018
Elite Dental Partners is a rapidly growing company that in theory could be great to work for, but unfortunately management stands in the way of anyone actually enjoying working there. Each team is held to a different standard with different guidelines/rules and the favoritism shows in a small company atmosphere. The exec team preaches a flat company culture where transparency is key, but in reality is always behind closed doors and hostile to any kind of criticism or suggestions from team members that aren't at a certain level within the organization.
Pros
There are some really good people within the org to work with.
Cons
Company lacks direction and focus, Management seems oblivious to lack of employee happiness and the negative corporate culture.
August 10, 2018

Sorry to hear that you had such a disapointing experience with our company. If you feel comfortable doing so, we would love the chance to learn a little bit more about how we can improve in your opinion. Please email us at HR@elitedentalpartners.com to research your experiences a little further. Thank you so much for your honest and candid feedback. I hope we can use your experiences to make the improvements necessary ensure happy and productive team members going forward!

Great company and people
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILApril 19, 2018
As a provider, Elite Dental Partners has all the good qualities of a DSO and none of the negative.

I am now able to achieve a more balanced and fulfilling life with less worry and able to do what I love - dentistry!

I am able to have complete clinical autonomy with a great system of support, which means less stress, which means enjoying life.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, being part of a growing successful company
Cons
Have not experienced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elite Dental Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?