Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa Employee Reviews

Terrible
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 16, 2018
The workplace culture was horrendous. Lots of favoritism. Coworkers were in fights every week. Your forced to push retail so you will get booked clients which creates a lot of negative competition. Roachs everywhere, mice, broken facilities.lots of noise from day/night club next door. Lots of back stabbers from every inch of the staff. Couldn't stand listening to people talk negatively about everything under the sun. Very gossipy. Like adult high schoolers. They are stuck there. Pathetic. Extremely unprofessional
Pros
Discount
Cons
Healthcare takes a year to be eligible, not happy environment, no raises
Terrible upper management
GES (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 15, 2018
Don't work here. Upper management picks favorites and is unfair. The GM has a closed door policy except for her friends and spends hours with them. Lots of gossip and no professionalism.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management
Management is terrible
Lead Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 2, 2018
Terrible management, might be better now because the General Manager I worked under is gone . The technicians are great to work with, They are all very friendly. The discount on services is amazing. Technicians are very good at what they do. Even though i no longer work there i still go back to get services. As far as being an employee, I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.
Fun Place
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 22, 2018
It was a fun place to work at especially if you knew the guests. Sometimes co workers could create stress, but you expect that when working with plenty of females. When family problems occurred management definitely helped out with scheduling . Hardest part about the job was keeping a relationship with co workers due to the high turn over.
Pros
located in a mall, uniformed, room for growth
Cons
short lunch breaks, fixed schedule, commute
Slowly dying
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMay 12, 2018
The Red Door has quite the history behind it. 100 years worth of history and unfortunately much of the clientele has gotten used to a certain standard. That standard being verbally abusive and condescending towards front desk and reservations specialists. The technicians can also be rude and management does nothing but allow it. Don’t work here. Protect your mental and emotional health
Pros
90% discount on services when available
Cons
Abuse from guests, technicians and management
Awful management
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2018
The worse managing I’ve ever witnessed. Managers lie about compensation to get you to work. More concerned with being friends and gossiping. If you’d rather work for a place who doesn’t care about your well being, than you’ve found your place of employment
Pros
It’s a temporary job
Cons
May cause more stress than intended
poorly run company for many years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 5, 2018
the company has been failing for years and the obvious management change has yet to be made. working in the field has many challenges that I wish the field can self-manage.
Pros
good people
Cons
poor decisions have ruined the company
Poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Management didn't know what they were doing. One of them wouldn't even look you in the eye and the others made you feel as if everything you were doing was wrong. Co workers were great and met some great people, good benefits too.
Pros
Benefits, free lunch, co workers
Cons
Great place, great coworkers but not busy at all
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2017
My experience was pretty good. My only issue was that this location was never busy, other then during spa week.
They didn’t advertise the spa and the spa didn’t host alot of events to promote our location..
It was super slow most days and they wouldn’t allow you to leave.
Management could have done better in terms of discipling unprofessional behavior but overall they were on top of things.
Pay definitely was low and raises are hard to get. Spa week was a magical experience for me since that’s when you have a real opportunity to make some really good money (great tips) and potential repeat clients.
Benefits
Cons
Never busy, low pay
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 7, 2017
A lot of opportunities for growth, the staff members are very friendly. A very good job environment. The management team is friendly, supportive and understanding
Destroying Elizabeth Arden’s name!
Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 28, 2017
I worked there for 1 year. Worst place I ever worked. Management was horrible! Any issues with clients the GM wanted you to handle your self. Returning clientele none existent. The atmosphere was extremely stressful, a lot of cat fighting and management never stepped in to fix issues with workers.
Pros
Discounts, commission and/base pay
Cons
No healthcare until 1 year, poor management and the Spa is slow most of the time.
people i worked with was great
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Groton, CtNovember 4, 2017
Management would never do their job. She never helped customers when they needed help or wanted to talk to her. When it came to the employees she would never look anyone in the eye and have a conversation. She was very demeaning.
Comfortable family atmosphere
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 30, 2017
Great people and fun products to work with. Inclusive, fun, happy coworkers and pets. A well bonded team. Great HR team in place that works hard to bring everyone together.
Pros
free lunch mondays
Cons
not much room for career advancement
high end spa
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 26, 2017
for the most part the quality of their product was amazing. the work place was chaotic. the hours weren't set. they play favoritism to their employees.
Pros
product
Cons
pay and organization
Nice environment, but stressful
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 9, 2017
Upon hiring they tell you how much more you can earn on the low salary they provide, but its simply not true. All commission and sales off memberships all go to technicians, so there is no real way for front end to earn anymore. They are really underpaid for how much they have to do, and how long the hours they are required to work per day. I will say, the discount is great, and everyone is generally really nice especially the GM and AGM, except for a few pushy technicians.
Pros
great discount on services
Cons
Really underpaid
Great Place to Work
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work that is fast paced but fun at the same time. The environment is very tranquil and relaxing. They have a very diverse team and its easy to get along with everyone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Great place to work if you like a spa environment
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work if you like the salon and spa environment. A lot of standing, which I didn't like. I had to call HR on them when they tried to make me stand a full shift even while pregnant. Other than that I have no complaints. You have to be grateful just to have a job sometimes and this was just that. Thankful for the opportunity.
Cons
Very fun, relaxing, and productive work environment
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2017
I was a spa attendant here for about 9 months last year. Being a spa attendant is very physical work, and there is always only one spa attendant, so on busy days it can be exhausting, but it was overall a fun job and a very pleasant work environment. The manager and staff I have worked with are excellent, very friendly and always happy to help if you have any questions. I wish the biggest of success for this company.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff, relaxing environment
Cons
low pay, can be very physical and tiring on busy days
Excellence
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJJuly 6, 2017
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa is a professionally run business. The managers are extremely professional and provide excellent feedback and guidance. The workplace culture is great.
amazing place
hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
everyone here is very good at what they do, we all go thro a training program before going on the floor and taking any guest, is a great place to come and be relax, the place is very big and very well maintenance, everyone is very friendly and great at what they do. the best part is that we all get along well, we trade services, we get discount, and we all feel like a big family. what do I enjoy the most is making people feel better about them self.
Pros
trainings for new profucts, great pay, great location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Our community is ready to answer.