Elk Valley Health Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and Busy
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 5, 2018
my days at EVHS vary. Most days i am very busy with phone calls and orders. other days we are at a steady pace. we have many activities going on daily. we have admissions, discharges, diagnosis changes and updates. we have schedule changes constantly. makes me glad i am not a scheduler. my bosses are great! i couldnt ask for anyone better.
Pros
money, monthly parties, more like close friends or family
Cons
drive
Not my preferred venue for nursing.
Home Health Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 30, 2018
Often felt like I was left without any assistance or back-up resources. Management asked me to do things that were outside of my scope of practice as an LPN.
Really doesn't care about employees
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 18, 2018
Was hired the day I went to interview. Was told it would be possible to work 8 hour days, never happened. The first home they sent me to, I was trained for 3 hours on a critical care case and then left to figure it out on my own. Could never get ahold of my supervisor. They were still calling me a month after I quit because the person responsible for processing my departure never did their job. I had to get very stern with them so they would quit calling me.
Great company to work for! They were there for me every time I needed them to be.
Field Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 14, 2018
I have been with this company for almost 10 years. I intend to work here until I retire. I have had the good fortune to care for some of the sweetest children on this planet and I have been honored to provide services to them. The pay is very competitive in this area. The benefits are outstanding. They even have PTO time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan! The management and schedulers are some of the best that I have ever met. You never feel like you are alone without a support system. There are nurses and schedulers on call around the clock, 7 days a week to assist you with any problems. Overall, there is no other company quite like Elk Valley. I would not want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Patient care, Benefits, Good Pay, Can get overtime, Great support staff
Cons
Patient homes and families vary from excellent to not the greatest.
Very stressful environment, high turnover.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 28, 2018
New manager was brought in who had no idea what our processes were. Overloaded remaining employees as employees quit. Would not provide help when asked. I gave an.honest exit interview when I resigned.
She left the company shortly after.
Good Company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2018
Elk Valley was a competitive company. Needed better interaction with employee and company personnel.
Had paid time off.
Time sheets had to be faxed in weekly by employees expense.
Never had any problem with anyone at this company.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Only got 35 hours, needed 40 +
Stressful work environment, micromanaged but fun coworkers
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2017
This place was filled with childish drama, racial comments and constant criticism. I loved my patients and hated leaving them. My nurses worked hard and cared for their patients and would easily pick up where needed. But the office environment became unbearable.
Pros
Loving Patients, Helpful nursing staff in the field
Cons
Short breaks, constant criticism, staff shortages
Great Job
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2017
It was an awesome place to work. Everyone is friendly and the pay was good. they are understanding and good management. I love everyone I worked with at this company. they take care of you.
Awesome place
LPN Private Duty Home Health (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
This is a private duty home health job. The employers were very pleasant to work with. Will try to help you as much as possible with hours. Very very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
losing clients
Cons
great employer
Typical day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNSeptember 4, 2017
Overall it is a GREAT place to work. Most of the people that work for Elk Valley are really nice and willing to work with anyone to keep them all happy, but they are strict with the rules like any company to work for.
Would not make a career of this job.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2017
Not enough nursing staff. Benefits are not competitive. Minimal opportunity for continued training. Minimal supervisor support. Cases are not worth the pay.
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2017
I learned how to care for pediatrics, management was awesome, workplace was good, hardest part was traveling, i enjoyed to position as a whole. This company is a awesome place to work for.
Pros
all was good
Cons
traveling
Productive company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 16, 2017
Wonderful place to work at an for. They go above an beyond for their patients and their employees. They do not under pay an provide great benifits for you and your family.
great place to work
homecare provider (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2017
highly recommended to others just not for me, good benefits, but didn't care for the schedulers some were very rude. once your case is over they don't tryand find you another one
Great Clients, Horrible Scheduler and Supervisor
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2017
If the scheduler decides that she does not like working around your availability, she will hire someone new and decrease your hours. When that person quits, she will increase your hours. If you need a set schedule, without having to drive almost 45 minutes to work, with a consistent scheduler, this is not the job for you.
Enjoyed working for this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2017
Always looked forward to going to work. Company was very understanding and straight forward about what they expected. My supervisor was awesome. The hardest part of the job is getting close to patients and losing them.
Fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford, TNMay 9, 2017
I've been with this company for 5 years, and have now finished school and working on the next journey in my life. They are good on keeping you up to date with things you need to do.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Does not pay enough for everything you have to do
Very flexible hours
CERTIFIED NURSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2017
I came on board with Elk Valley because I am a wife, mother of two, and am in pursuit of my master's degree. I love the flexibility and the pay is competitive for CNA's. I loved meeting new patients and caring for them. The job itself wasn't hard for that reason. I loved the patients. The turn off factor was having instances where pay day came and I didn't get paid. Management was sloppy and always had a poor excuse why my pay was short or didn't post to my account. Other co workers had experiences with this as well and corporate was notified often of these incidences. I needed to work part time but had to quit because getting paid, or getting paid accurately was becoming consistently inconsistent.
Pros
Flexible hours, meet sweet and friendly faces to care for
Cons
Not getting paid or paycheck was short
Very professional company, work place is outstanding.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2017
I love working with this company, my patient is very nice, we get along well with each other. This company always show appreciation and gratitude.
Pros
There's always communication.
Cons
Would like to meet more of the companies staff.
Great company
Licensed LPN (Current Employee) –  Benton County, TNJanuary 9, 2017
Great company, great supervisors. I actually enjoy working for Elk Valley. Benefits are pretty good. Insurance isn't too bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elk Valley Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Elk Valley Health Services Reviews by Location