Ellie Mae Employee Reviews

Flexible and fast paced
Systems Administrator - Enterprise Applications (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 10, 2018
Often times may feel overwhelmed with the amount of work that gets piled up, but the benefits, generous pay and bonuses make up for it. Great people to work with.
Very unproductive work environment with too many meetings each day
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 15, 2018
A typical day consisted of 6-8 meetings daily whereby I could not productively work with my team for pro-active lead generation. Too many meetings caused distraction to not be productive and was an obstacle to supporting my sales team. The hardest part of the job was to be pulled into too many meetings and then not have time to take away from those discussions to apply the proposal to the team to better educate their sales process and prospecting for qualifying new business opportunities. The workplace culture was unhealthy. People constantly complained against their co-workers performances and did not trust their colleagues because they thought they were stealing accounts from one another and then I had to police and draw guidelines on new sales territories to prevent conflict.
Pros
Good healthcare coverage
Cons
Short breaks and too many meetings distractful
Great experience
Corporate Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 9, 2018
The corporate culture at Ellie Mae is outstanding. You can tell by the way internal employees interact with one another, that is a great place to work.
Great Place to work
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 1, 2018
Ellie Mae is a great place to work. They provide a great atmosphere and have competitive pay. The free ice cream is good, too. I loved the professional laid back environment.
Pros
Good Treats, a totally cool couch to lounge in.
Cons
none. All the way in Pleasanton.
Working while enjoying the weather.
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 20, 2018
I worked at Pleasanton, CA location. The weather is very nice there. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers. We worked hard but I enjoyed working there everyday.
Changing Corporate Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 14, 2018
If you are quick on your feet, highly competitive, speak effectively and confidently, you may do very well at Ellie Mae.

If you are focused on execution, under promise and over deliver, are transparent and honest, you may not be respected at this company.

The culture as represented on the website is all marketing. Be sure to ask about culture for each group. Some have a good culture others are working you nights AND weekends.
Great
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 11, 2018
Ellie Mae is a great company. I am proud to say I work here. I am able to learn new things every day. Their release schedule is somewhat aggressive, but management is willing to accept push back on released features.
It's alright
Software Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 15, 2018
A typical day at Ellie Mae follows some agile methodology which is having stand up or doing grooming. Tons of meetings for just planning out the next release. Learned a lot more about how to make things work when they don't work. The culture is awesome and they love it when you have that right attitude. Management is sort of political and the hardest part about working there is the politics. It's good and enjoyable when you have the right teammates that know what they are doing.
Pros
We get breakfast the first of every Wednesday and ice cream
Cons
Don't come here for a great paygrade
Culture is shifting
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 9, 2018
This company had a great culture but bad behaving managers have not been dealt with and it's creating a toxic environment. Everything else is competitive in a good way - pay, benefits. Fun place to work. Love the company, hate my manager.
Pros
super fun, diverse, good pay & benefits
Cons
not very inclusive (they try). Leadership and managers need to clean out the bad behaving managers.
Watch who you talk to
Manager, Software Development (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2018
Development Directors seem to be out for themselves and not the team. Talked to HR but ended up getting let go because they had too many managers. Rest of team got laid of 6 months later. Company has lots of money and if someone would lead it correctly it would have been a fun place to work. Culture is an issue because Indian culture meets Western culture and our office had tons of issues. From talking over us to flat out just being rude in conversation. 90% of our meetings were via video conference with the Ca office, could almost never get a word in.
Pros
Money, tools
Cons
Leadership
Remote offices are treated inferior
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 26, 2018
Remote offices are treated inferior are not offered the same company perks and amenities as the corporate office.

Management skill sets are in need of improvement.

Lacking in leadership with little to no accountability.

Team camaraderie is virtually non existent.

No compensation for working nights or weekends

Cross team functionality is discouraged.

Software and processes is antiquated but is starting to improve.

Not a “FUN” place to work.
Pros
401K Matching and ESPP Plan
Cons
Poor leadership and lacking team camaraderie
Do not work here.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 23, 2018
We have high turn over rates, average 12 hour days 6 days a week, and are not compensated for the time.

Management is only focused on new features not improving the current issues.
Fun place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2018
I loved working here, I loved my job and loved most of the clients I dealt with on the phone. The pay and benefits are great.
The Management is terrible. In 2 and 1/2 years I had 4 different managers and only 1 was onsite. They are not trustworthy and they take sides and are unethical.
My advice, never go to HR about an issue as they are not trustworthy either. It is sad and they lost a good employee because of it.
Pros
Lots of food days, fun place to work, friendly employees
Cons
Management is awful, They are growing too fast and not prepared for it, The HR team has no confidentiality and are not trustworthy.
fun
Technical Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 12, 2018
nice place to work and learn

training provided and room for growth

provided free breakfast and lunches twice a week

free drinks and ice creams every day
Pros
free lunches, free drinks, game room, gym
Cons
my manager had low IT knowledge and was not approachable.
Fun place to work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Ellie Mae is a great place to work for. The company culture is very relaxed and collaborative. They really invest in employees and hence keep you happy.
Pros
Great Work culture, Work life Balance
Cons
They are great at retaining people and so the work distribution is not ideal.
Software Company with Growing Pains
Senior Sales and Strategy Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 5, 2018
After a decade of double digit growth; the market is tight and management has decided that pressure the sales organization rather than look at the product folks for innovation. In a nutshell; the train has left the station.
Constant travel and the need to always be at HQ took the life /work balance into the unsustainable zone.
Pros
Good money and some smart people that I enjoyed working with.
Cons
Pressure and internal politics.
Technical Support
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 4, 2017
Supported Loan Officers, purchasers, and all individuals assocated in real estate business.

Workplace was operating similar to a sweat shop.

The most difficult was an unseasoned manager who did not know how a call center should run in support of our customers.
Pros
Co-workers were good people.
Cons
Micro-management
Great place to work without the Silicon Valley traffic
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 26, 2017
You would be joining a company that is moving to the next level in the Fin-Tech industry.
No matter what role you are in, you will never hear "that is not my job" from a fellow peer. Everyone is always kind, willing, and helpful.
Decent Place to Work
Sr. Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 28, 2017
Overall I would recommend Ellie Mae because they pay well and offer good benefits. My manager was supportive and encouraging until the pressure was put on her by senior management, and she became very cut throat and unwilling to listen to or support her employees.
Excellent workplace with great benefits
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 11, 2017
Only worked for three months as a contract hire, but great experience. Great benefits and an environment that promotes independence initiative. Would recommend to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellie Mae. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ellie Mae.

Powered by Comparably