Elliot Hospital Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 13, 2018
Opportunities to grow and advance career. Promotes, provides advancement and educational opportunities internally. Supportive life/work balance. Tuition reimbursement.
Fast, competitive
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 28, 2018
I loved doing my clinical in the ER. I love working with patients closely. While working in the Pediatric as a Unit secretary I worked closely with the kids/ infants and toddlers with different health problems (ex. withdrawal patients) and i was able to feed them and hold them in my hands. I like fast-paced jobs and this was one of them. During the winder we had many patients coming in and I had to work more and faster, answering phones, opening doors.
Great group of UR Nurses to work with
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 25, 2018
Enjoyed very much my time at the Elliot. Found it to be a very collaborative unit. All of us worked together very well and drew on each others backgrounds to assist in our reviews.
Learned alot
LNA (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 7, 2018
Enjoy all I have learned and how I have been challenged and the ability to use my skills. The CICU unit works like a family and a team. The only down fall is that the pay is not where it should be.
Typical Laboratory
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 5, 2018
The managers are very helpful and caring. The job environment is typical for a laboratory professional. The laboratory itself is undergoing extensive remodeling to better serve our patients.
Emergency Room- Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 30, 2018
The best people you could ever want to work with! Great staff makes a great team. I couldn't imagine a better place to learn and grow from! All the staff
fun place
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Elliot it was the best job I've had I love working in a cubicle with a computer I put checks into the computer when insurance and patients pay for their accounts.
A job where management is interested in the bottom line as opposed to employee retention
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 14, 2018
The best part of the job is the people you work with and the patients you serve. Work/Life balance is not valued by the management. The culture does not encourage team building. Upper management is rarely seen by everyday workers.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Paid time off includes vacation, holidays and sick time. Management indifference.
excellent place to work
NH- Registered Nurse -Circulating Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 7, 2018
excellent place to work
call is manageable
work every 8th weekend
ok place was there 12 years
Cardiac Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 27, 2018
I held several different roles for this company. From testing to teaching.
I felt challenged everyday and was able to take away a lot of great knowledge.
The most enjoyable thing were my patients

Very poor management
Pros
If you are a go getter and are able to learn on your own you are fine
Cons
To many cheifs not enough indians
Would not recommened
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 19, 2018
Poor management. Low pay scale and annual review raises. High/unsafe nurse to pt ratios. High turnover. Job culture is undesirable. Lack of respect. High ratio of traveling nurses d/t poor retention.
ok place to work
Coding supervisor/Interim manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 16, 2018
The work was challenging, we had to rebuild a coding team from scratch, lots of work to get done, nice people to work with most of the time. commute was go. hardest part of the job finding good coders, culture was a bit stuffy . most enjoyable part of the job was the commute to and from work
Pros
commute
Cons
no cafe on site
Great place to work at.
Surgical Technologist (Surgical Tech) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 14, 2018
Enjoyable. Work culture is good. Hardest part of job long days. Most enjoyable working with staff. Management is great, they work with staff. Its all i can say about the job.
Pros
Worked together as a team.
Productive team environment
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMarch 30, 2018
I worked for the Elliot at Londonderry for 6 years and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I moved further away and wasn't able to make the commute to continue working there.
Pros
team working environment
Cons
long hours, only 30 minute break
Extremely low pharmacy morale
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 13, 2018
Pharmacy department is horrible to work in. Technicians are over worked and under staffed. Management only wants feedback if it is what they want to hear. Have been trying for years to improve morale and culture and it has only gotten worse. Older employees are allowed to bully newer ones.
Great pharmacy job
pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 12, 2018
Literally best pharmacy job I have every had. Dept is going through some turnover, but that can be a good thing. Management definitely working to make things better, listening to us, and care very much about our work environment. Are things perfect? Of course not, but where have you worked that is perfect? This is such a better work environment for me than retail pharmacy was. I would take my worst shift here over my best day in retail any day.
Pros
great benefits, defined shifts (8 hours), supportive management
Cons
weekend shifts
Elliot Employment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHMarch 11, 2018
Very busy, professional hospital. Learned the grass is not greener. majority of managers were approachable and fair.
Hardest part hearing other organizations disrespecting each other. Most enjoyable, although I have not worked there in 5 years, everyone I have worked with in the past, when we reconnect it's like time has stood still. Former co workers are always excited to catch up! Also running into pts out of the office setting are always happy to see you, tell you they miss you at the office, "no one can draw my blood like you"
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Occasional staffing issues-not enough workers
Nutrition Assistant Position
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 10, 2018
The manager is extremely disrespectful and makes the workplace very uncomfortable on a daily basis. Some of the coworkers bring a lot of drama into the workplace so I never found myself looking forward to go to work. A lot of gossip and being rude to each other, it reminded me of being back in high school.
Pros
Paid time off, flexible schedule
Cons
disrespectful manager, a lot of drama, bad pay
Emergency Department Secretary
Emergency Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 26, 2018
The position required processing all of the clerical aspects of an emergency department patients care as ordered by Doctors and Nurses. The department was clean and modern and very easy to work in under the most difficult of circumstances. The staff was the best that I have ever had the opportunity of working with.
Pros
All staff was treated with the utmost respect, from the doctors to the housekeepers, maintenance, security, etc. everyone was treated the same and that is something that you just don't see often enough.
Cons
Some days there was not time to have lunch or a break
Typical nose to the grindstone type job.
Lab Registrar/Histopathology Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 3, 2018
A typical day is busy, fast-paced which I enjoy.

I've learned a lot throughout the various departments I've worked in.

Management isn't top notch. There are favorites

I enjoy my co-workers.
Cons
Little pay for a lot of responsibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elliot Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight