Elliott Company Employee Reviews

Contract Employeer
Contracted Employee (Current Employee) –  Export, PAFebruary 28, 2018
I am a contracted employee for FS-Elliott. I enjoy the team-like atmosphere as well as the customer-centric approach to business. As a contracted employee I typically work 5-7 hours/day. I do not receive benefits so I cannot speak to that.
Pros
Collaborative Teams
Cons
n/a
Small Company with a family atmosphere.
PLANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2018
Responsible and accountable for all manufacturing and related disciplines including personnel, procurement, maintenance, material product quality, safety, scheduling, production and product packaging. Problem solving was the most enjoyable part of the job.

The workplace culture was that of a large family, we took care of each other. When someone was having an off day we picked up the slack. Always putting the customer first was a very important part of what we did.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
No room to move up.
Great company which cares about the employee.
Senior EHS Manager, Global Service Americas Field (Current Employee) –  Jeannette, PAOctober 9, 2017
Great company which cares about the employee. The company provides many development opportunities. You feel like you are a part of the company and not just a number.
Nice place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
Work on different several different manufactures equipment. If your after money get it coming through the door. They will give you a song and dance about how they have had a bad year as a company and you'll get 3% every year just the same as the dirt bag that doesn't pull his weight.
Not all it's made up to be.
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jeannette, PAMarch 17, 2017
Union workers have a much better opportunity here than non union.
Pay raises are stagnant at best union workers make more than their supervisors do.
To make matters worse you get more and more responsibility every year.
Should of stayed in the union.
Pros
Above average starting rates.
Cons
Lay offs minimal raises, way to much responsibility
Wouldn't work there again
Drafting (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PAMay 25, 2016
The pay is good. However, unless someone in your family works there, don't expect to get anywhere. Serious nepotism.

Management doesn't care about employees concerns or ideas unless it can get them promoted.

Don't expect the experienced people to teach you anything because they are afraid of losing their jobs to cheaper help. Seniority means nothing.
Pros
Good money
Cons
nepotism
Not bad as long as you have thick skin
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAMay 19, 2016
Not a terrible place to work, benefits are excellent but if you are not in the click you won't go anywhere in the company. If you are in the click you will get opportunities to learn other job functions and have more chances to advance and make more money.
Benefits
Cons
Management doesn't seem to care
Manager of Financial Accounting and Reporting (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PAAugust 3, 2015
Good place to work. There is some room for advancement and the pay is great. I really enjoyed working here. I worked in Corporate Accounting which was a fun experience.
Good Company
Management (Current Employee) –  Jeannette, PAJuly 7, 2014
Good place with great starting benefits but difficult to get more $ once in. Many opportunities to advance.
Was a very nice place to work.
DRAFTSMAN & DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PADecember 20, 2012
Gathered information and instruction manuals for parts that where used in the assemble of the customers product.

I had a chance to learn new software and computer hardware. It was great to work in a team environment.