Elliott Electric Supply Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work enviroment, with amazing people,
Industrial Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 31, 2018
Working for Elliott Electric Supply was a great job. It was a great environment to work in with helpful people. I did not work closely with others in the credit department because of my position. I submitted invoices electronically and manually through 3rd party portals and reconciled the customer accounts I submitted invoices for.
Work hard with two 5 minutes breaks.
Auditor/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Farmer BranchMay 14, 2018
Work in the cold doing the winter and will work in the heat this summer. The women on the dock only have one stall in there bathroom. The front office have all of the perks.
Pros
Na
Cons
Vet's get no respect.
Poor Pay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXMay 7, 2018
They were looking for high quality workers with little to no compensation. I don't see how they keep the doors open. People can't afford to live on the compensation they provided. As a matter of fact, I asked them if they needed a loan.
needs to change the way they treat people to create better working enviroment
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 5, 2018
not a good place to be if your looking for better money ; micro managed with very poor training. deceptive hiring practices a lot of info left out which should be freely given to possible employee; hostile work environment. I have given 3 yrs to them hoping things would change but it is evident to me that it will not so I am looking for another job. the most enjoyable part of the job is the guys I work with they are good people and hard working
Relaxed when slow, fast paced when busy, not too hard.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2018
I normally would go in early in the morning and go straight to pulling orders if any and clean up around the warehouse as the day went on. I learned how to use a scanner to pull orders, make wire cuts, operate a forklift.
okay place to work but not good for rehiring
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
elliot electric was a good company i dont really have anything bad to say about the except for if you leave the company robert won't give you a second chance to come back and thats not cool if you were a good enployee
Pros
safety and they paid on time
Cons
high turn over and no advancement opt.
Slow paced with friendly staff
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 26, 2018
They focus more on process than on people;
They don’t delegate;
They dismiss the importance of morale.
Other employees are nice, if you are a people person.
Pros
Lunch hour
Cons
management
Very rewarding to have been able to interact with several differant contractors.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX/Hope, AR/ Magnolia, ARMarch 15, 2018
Very faced paced & had to be able to multi task. Management is hard work but very rewarding when you have the right people in place. One of the hardest parts of management is finding motivated people who want to grow with the company. One of the most enjoyable parts of the day was taking care of my customers.
Pros
Didn't have a direct supervisior or manager with there thumb on me
Cons
Some long hours at times
Great job for day in and day out Monday-Friday
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2018
A typical day was 6-3 pm and I enjoyed getting to come home to my family on a daily basis. They have a great 401K plan and I liked getting paid weekly.
Pros
coming home daily
Cons
lack of communication by management for daily routes
Multi Tasked Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
Employees performed Multiple jobs on daily basis. Loaded, wrapped pulled orders, and delivered items to customers. Only paid for delivery driver and had minimal time for delivery.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work for less than fair pay
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 1, 2018
In my experience at EES, my area (Arkansas) was the least paid out of all other branches in other states of the company. Typical work was intensively manual labor in a dusty and dirty warehouse with bad attitude problems. They did have an organized system to keep track of inventory and orders. If you were a "good ol'boy" you fit in. The worst part of the job was delivering to disgruntled customers. The only times I genuinely enjoyed working here was when I was in the truck driving to and from the shop on delivery.
Pros
great health care benefits
Cons
No break policy, dirty environment, less than friendly attitudes
Plenty of work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARFebruary 21, 2018
Elliott is a great place to start, if you want to be an electrician. You will get to travel a bunch. They have jobs in many different states. The usual rotation is two weeks on and a couple days off.
Job if you are in the electric field.
Administrative Assistance/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2018
If you are looking for a decent job in the electric field such as in sales, or projects department, this is an okay place to start. They do promote within the company, but you have to check if their is a position open and mention to your manager that you are interested in doing something else. Some managers you have to remind them to do your review so have a chance at getting a raise. But they do provide health and dental insurance so that's a plus. They also help their employees. For example when hurricane Harvey hit, they set up a GoFund me for all of those affected and helped them out.
Pros
Health and Dental insurance
Cons
Rare chance to move up
Difficult place to work due to no training.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  5505 W. 65th St., Little Rock, AR 72295February 13, 2018
I didn't learn a whole lot. I did learn about job tracking, submittals, O&M's. I tracked for up to six outside sales people. I answered the phones, kept customer call log. Worked a lot in Excel.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Little to no training. No support from management.
Horrible place to put your time in. Keep looking
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 28, 2018
Hard work gets you no where here but if you enjoy stabbing hard working people in the back then this is the place for you. The people who actually "do work" there are being taken advantage of. To put it simple Elliott Electric is a home for the other supply houses rejects.
Normal
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
It has normal stuff, good and bad but at the end of the day its all the same thing as any other company, the pay is average but in this company there is no opportunity to grow
Opportunitu to grow
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXDecember 6, 2017
Was a good experience, until I told employer I was leaving, there was talk about a possible transfer, but it was not followed up on. Manager was more abusive verbally towards the end of my last month there.
very selective process for advancement
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 13, 2017
You must be very patient when attempting to advance to a sales position with Elliott Electric Supply. The staff at our store are very close with their peers
Good solid company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXNovember 7, 2017
The atmosphere at Elliott Electric is relaxed and productive. The management team from the top to the bottom contain some of the best people I've ever met.
Pros
Owners
Cons
Salary
poor training and lack of leadership
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2017
Daily transfer in the morning, learned more about part numbers and different parts and what they are used for. management is very poor. Too much drama and lack of communication. Having to do two different job at once.
Pros
Hour lunch.
Cons
Unnecessary drama, lack of communication.