Elliott Electric Supply Employee Reviews

Eh
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  LubbockNovember 25, 2018
It’s so so. Pay is ok for the area. But if you’re not part of the “crew”, you won’t move up. Weekly pay is good. Good ol boy (or girl) environment. Ok for short term
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Good place to work changed over time
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LANovember 15, 2018
15 years ago it was a 54 store operation now 160 + locations stopped being abut the customer satisfaction and about unrealistic profit gain too many stores too understand anything other than numbers
Pros
Family business
Cons
Family business
dont go here..
Warehouse Asst. (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 20, 2018
no chance for advancement whatsoever ,,,clique type atmosphere where if youre not in the IN crowd you can basically forget about advancing..Mgmt consists on gentlemen in their early 20s with no experience in the industry..
Wonderful enviroment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 1, 2018
Awesome company to work for =they truly belive in there employees. They have good benefits as well as a great scheduals and pay. the only down fall would be the heat.
Hostile inviroment
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 1, 2018
Due to the style of management they had created a hostile environment. They tend to want to put one employee against the other creating a bad and non trusting work environment.
Fun when slow, crazy when busy
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 26, 2018
It is exactly as it sounds, when it is a slow day it's all fun and games, but as soon as a rush hits expect to keep working for a few hours at a time.
Great workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Productive workplace with advancement opportunities. Great management and employees. Hardest part was learning the computer software. Stayed busy, there was always something to be done.
Pros
breaks, coworkers, work enviroment
Very Poorly Managed - Constant Lies
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Was told I was going to start at $15 an hour since I had previous driving experience but on date of hire I was started at $13 an hour.

The warehouse manager that took over had no business being a supervisor. Would scream at and rush certain people meanwhile would treat the people he liked in a normal manner.

I was threatened with termination if I didn't catch mistakes made by the pickers. If the customer order was big it would take more time to check it and I would be getting screamed at and rushed out the door sometimes being told to leave before I had even thoroughly checked everything.

We were supposed to keep a maintenance log of the trucks we drove but I don't know when they expected us to do checks because we were getting rushed out the door in the mornings, rushed out on afternoon deliveries and rushed to get off the clock in the evenings leaving no time for inspections.

Many times I got griped at because there was a specific ticket assigned to be delivered, yet, the order had not even been pulled. Dispatch never went out in the warehouse to look at what was ready and what wasn't. Kind of hard to deliver a ticket that had not even been pulled.

If you were assigned a new customer most of the time you were lucky to have a contact number, directions, coordinates, or a physical address. Many times I would have to google a company's phone number then get 4 or 5 different numbers before I got an on site contact. Some locations were easy to get to and some needed very specific directions. The sales people seemed like they flat out didn't care if we had directions
  more... or not but would throw a fit if items didn't get delivered and they didn't get their commission.

I always helped unload material on job sites and always made sure the proper material was being delivered and made it a point to go through the products I was delivering and show the site managers that what they ordered was there. Their typical complaints would be that the sales people doing their orders would order the wrong items.

I didn't start having issues with the company until I started finding out that new hires were starting off making more than me and certain people would get raises after only being there a short time, including people who did not have to operate heavy machinery or be on dangerous roads. Along with being taken off a route that I knew and loved and had no complaints from stores or customers. The morning wave deliveries dissolved due to changes made by the area manager, throwing things into absolute chaos.

I even trained a guy that was started at $15 an hour... I was making less than somebody I was training... how much sense does that make?

If you want to succeed at this location you have to suck up to the manager and the boss, if you express issues about not being able to make it to a location before they shut down for the day or issues with equipment or trucks they will just hound you and tell you if you don't like it to go work somewhere else.

Don't waste your time here - turnover rate is constant and for good reason.
Pros
learned a lot in the electrical field, enjoyed building customer relations, got good hands-on experience in oil and gas related fields
Cons
poor management - constantly lied to - no basic morals or ethics
Laid back yet high paced environment
Special Projects, Planning & Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
They do not hesitate to show their appreciation to good employees. Promotion is the practice for those with great work ethic and ability. While the pay is not competitive, the job security is very strong for those who want to work and be invested invested in their jobs. Benefits are average.
Good place to work.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2018
Good management and staff. Work is not difficult. May need to go the extra mile for them. Staff are friendly. Food is provided on some occasions such as holidays. Overall, good company.
Pros
Training
temporary
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 4, 2018
always hiring and not keeping hires - contract - very company small town - if not born and breed in town you were a outsider. not really any perks or benefits
Productive learning environment
Assist in installing electrical (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 30, 2018
Gained great skills as an apprentice working in the field. The projects started from ground up so you were able to see exactly what you are doing hands on.
n/a
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
I have been working at Elliott Electric Supply full-time

Pros

Promotes from within.
Great Management/Ownership
Paid Training

Cons

Clientele
Low margin market
Pay distribution
Old fashioned work environment

Advice to Management

The distribution of pay is highly lopsided on the sales side. Outside salesmen make a massive income, while inside sales and counter sales make near minimum wage (plus minimal commission).
N/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 6, 2018
It’s a good job but you don’t have a lot of support by upper management but they left me alone. They don’t give raises or reviews like they say they do. The pay isn’t good for what you do for the company and the want the managers to be at store open to close.
Great work enviroment, with amazing people,
Industrial Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 31, 2018
Working for Elliott Electric Supply was a great job. It was a great environment to work in with helpful people. I did not work closely with others in the credit department because of my position. I submitted invoices electronically and manually through 3rd party portals and reconciled the customer accounts I submitted invoices for.
Work hard with two 5 minutes breaks.
Auditor/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Farmer BranchMay 14, 2018
Work in the cold doing the winter and will work in the heat this summer. The women on the dock only have one stall in there bathroom. The front office have all of the perks.
Pros
Na
Cons
Vet's get no respect.
Poor Pay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXMay 7, 2018
They were looking for high quality workers with little to no compensation. I don't see how they keep the doors open. People can't afford to live on the compensation they provided. As a matter of fact, I asked them if they needed a loan.
needs to change the way they treat people to create better working enviroment
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 5, 2018
not a good place to be if your looking for better money ; micro managed with very poor training. deceptive hiring practices a lot of info left out which should be freely given to possible employee; hostile work environment. I have given 3 yrs to them hoping things would change but it is evident to me that it will not so I am looking for another job. the most enjoyable part of the job is the guys I work with they are good people and hard working
Relaxed when slow, fast paced when busy, not too hard.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2018
I normally would go in early in the morning and go straight to pulling orders if any and clean up around the warehouse as the day went on. I learned how to use a scanner to pull orders, make wire cuts, operate a forklift.
okay place to work but not good for rehiring
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
elliot electric was a good company i dont really have anything bad to say about the except for if you leave the company robert won't give you a second chance to come back and thats not cool if you were a good enployee
Pros
safety and they paid on time
Cons
high turn over and no advancement opt.