Ellis Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 1, 2018
Great organization to work for! They worked with the employees. Union driven. One downfall was the consistent understaffed issues. This was an ongoing concern.
Good for experience but not much else
Emergency department scribe (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 10, 2018
As a scribe at Ellis the work load was fast paced but manageable. Providers and other staff were knowledgeable and helpful. However, ScribeAmerica does not provide much in the way of benefits or internal advancement. It is a great option for anyone in the health field looking to log patient hours.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
low pay to work ratio
Positive experience
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 8, 2018
Great people to work for/with. Very supportive of quality work. Excellent Radiologists who are willing to help instruct both current staff as well as students.
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 23, 2018
Very fast pace place, lots of stuff to do so you never had time to relax. Amazing people, loved providing help in such a busy atmosphere. The hospital staff was great.
If you like being over worked and not cared about
Recreation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 6, 2018
The culture at Ellis is you do more work then management but get paid less. So many clicks and no work ethic by employees. Disappointed with the management team!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management, pay, culture
na
Service Response and Room Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
Process patient requests and service calls related to dietary needs. Interact with professional hospital staff, including dieticians, nurses, and doctors concerning the personal needs of patients during their stay at the hospital.
Was very short staff and still is not enough team work I wish we was able to get 12 hour shifts that staff have been requesting and the PCT have union
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 4, 2018
I would never work there again short staff daily to much responsibility and not enough staff was thrown into things that you are not properly trained for
average
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 1, 2018
again I was a traveler at their location. It was a good assignment because I renewed 3 times. the staff was friendly enough and educated I personally had no issues working there as a traveler
Pros
good cases
Cons
short staffed
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 16, 2018
this isn't the best job but it helped me get my feet on the ground trying to learn right out of college. the people there aren't the friendliest but it works and you can enjoy it mostly
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
unorganized
LPN (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 23, 2018
I transferred to this with the previous provider I worked for.
Things were promised when I started working there that never transpired. This company is disorganized and has high turnover rated of staff and providers
Very productive year spent at Ellis
Supervisor, Coding Education (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 5, 2018
I went in to rev up the coding department and help push through ICD-10 coding transition. After a year the task was completed and it was time for me to move on to something else. I had other clients and could not devote full-time to Ellis for an extended period of time.
Pros
Paid well, supportive scheduling
Cons
I really missed working there I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 16, 2018
It was pleasure working at Ellis. I truelly enjoyed my job and hope to work with the organization again. The experience was wonderful especially to be able to work with the residents for different Nations.
Pros
There were days with exicilent work flow things runs smoothly
Cons
There were days where patient wasn, t happy but that doesn, happen too often.
Ellis hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I did not enjoy my employment at Ellis hospital it was a stressful enviroment with nurses that did not care. The residents were lovely but not the place itself
Productive but calm
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2018
I loved working at ellis however had to relocate due to personal issues, i would definitely work there again if i had the option. Management was great and every one was welcoming
Busy icu
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Staffing is chronically short, staffing depends heavily on nurses working overtime, frequent turnover in management and administration, high staff turnover
Pros
Opportunity for critical care skills acquisition, nurses represented by NYSNA
Cons
Chronically short-staffed
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Love my career at Ellis. Highly recommend. Great group of nurses to work with. Great team work. First job working with a union and I am very pleased with being a member.
Good place to work because of staff and assistant managers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 5, 2017
Overall good place to work. Needs help with staffing and could pay a little better. I do like being union. I like how they rotate staff nightly to different areas of the ED.
Pros
Team oriented, and great incitives with education, reimbursements.
Cons
Short breaks; poor staffing
fast pace surgical floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 2, 2017
new management causing major changes - putting nurses and patients at risk. Have been a faithful employee at St Clare's and made the rough transition to Ellis in 2008.
Cons
mandating 12 hour shifts house wide
I worked perdiem in the adolscent center vey great experience.
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 1, 2017
My experience was such a BLESSING, Great management and Great coworkers right down to housekeeping and cafeteria people .. I will always cherish this experience..
Pros
The work enviroment, coworkers
Cons
good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 27, 2017
it is a a good place to work for RNs. the benefits are great. the health insurance is good. the pay is good compare to hospitals around he area. i would recommend Ellis Hospital to a friend.