Ellis Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work team places
Mental Health Assistant ll (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work staff is notices, Most staff members are team players. Management has an open door policy. There is room for growth and Ellis support education. Ellis is loyal to servicing the community and they live by their mission.
Pros
many different hours
Cons
high turn over
A good place to work
Power Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12309September 27, 2018
A good place to work. Great culture and health benefits were really good. Sadly, during a reorganization 32 supervisors jobs were abolished. No other options were available for different employment in the fields that you worked in.
Pros
Good culture, cared for employees.
Cons
Wages were someshat low as health care is a tough field for wages in maintenance.
Fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 11, 2018
I was able to learn many skills while being employed at Ellis as I was continuing my education as an licensed practical nurse. I was able to learn how to draw blood, perform EKGs, and enhance my patient care experience.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No adequate staffing at times
Working here allowed me to become a skilled Manager
Cardiac Surgery OR Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Ellis Hospital was willing to teach me how to be an excellent Manager. My Director taught me most of what I needed to learn. Here they were willing to have me complete my BSN and my RNFA.
great experience with with er and crisis unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 23, 2018
It was great to learn more about the crisis unit in the er but staffing was always dangerously low and unsafe at times for patient care-many protest of assignments had to be filled out.
Pros
great crisis learning experience
Cons
short staff
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 1, 2018
Great organization to work for! They worked with the employees. Union driven. One downfall was the consistent understaffed issues. This was an ongoing concern.
Co-workers
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 14, 2018
As a team, worked very well together and supported each other. Unfortunately, many people left the department as soon as they could find another position. Consistently understaffed.
Pros
Great team-work
Cons
Micro-managing
Good for experience but not much else
Emergency department scribe (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 10, 2018
As a scribe at Ellis the work load was fast paced but manageable. Providers and other staff were knowledgeable and helpful. However, ScribeAmerica does not provide much in the way of benefits or internal advancement. It is a great option for anyone in the health field looking to log patient hours.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
low pay to work ratio
Positive experience
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 8, 2018
Great people to work for/with. Very supportive of quality work. Excellent Radiologists who are willing to help instruct both current staff as well as students.
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 23, 2018
Very fast pace place, lots of stuff to do so you never had time to relax. Amazing people, loved providing help in such a busy atmosphere. The hospital staff was great.
If you like being over worked and not cared about
Recreation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 6, 2018
The culture at Ellis is you do more work then management but get paid less. So many clicks and no work ethic by employees. Disappointed with the management team!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management, pay, culture
na
Service Response and Room Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
Process patient requests and service calls related to dietary needs. Interact with professional hospital staff, including dieticians, nurses, and doctors concerning the personal needs of patients during their stay at the hospital.
Was very short staff and still is not enough team work I wish we was able to get 12 hour shifts that staff have been requesting and the PCT have union
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 4, 2018
I would never work there again short staff daily to much responsibility and not enough staff was thrown into things that you are not properly trained for
average
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 1, 2018
again I was a traveler at their location. It was a good assignment because I renewed 3 times. the staff was friendly enough and educated I personally had no issues working there as a traveler
Pros
good cases
Cons
short staffed
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 16, 2018
this isn't the best job but it helped me get my feet on the ground trying to learn right out of college. the people there aren't the friendliest but it works and you can enjoy it mostly
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
unorganized
LPN (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 23, 2018
I transferred to this with the previous provider I worked for.
Things were promised when I started working there that never transpired. This company is disorganized and has high turnover rated of staff and providers
Very productive year spent at Ellis
Supervisor, Coding Education (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 5, 2018
I went in to rev up the coding department and help push through ICD-10 coding transition. After a year the task was completed and it was time for me to move on to something else. I had other clients and could not devote full-time to Ellis for an extended period of time.
Pros
Paid well, supportive scheduling
Cons
I really missed working there I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 16, 2018
It was pleasure working at Ellis. I truelly enjoyed my job and hope to work with the organization again. The experience was wonderful especially to be able to work with the residents for different Nations.
Pros
There were days with exicilent work flow things runs smoothly
Cons
There were days where patient wasn, t happy but that doesn, happen too often.
Ellis hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I did not enjoy my employment at Ellis hospital it was a stressful enviroment with nurses that did not care. The residents were lovely but not the place itself
Productive but calm
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2018
I loved working at ellis however had to relocate due to personal issues, i would definitely work there again if i had the option. Management was great and every one was welcoming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight