Ellis Medicine Employee Reviews

Good experience
PROS Program - Psychiatric Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 7, 2019
Good experience for someone new to the mental health field. You will work with many experienced people, receive clinical supervision, and there is opportunity for growth.
Terrible Benefits & Poor Team Work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Benefits are mostly for RN's or management, because at the pay they give the PCT's you will barely make it. If they see you being friendly with a patient and actually have compassion for them, they come barging into the room for you to do a million things at once, as to remove you from the kindness they NEVER give. I am older and I came from an era where hospital staff actually cared about the pt.; it's called bedside manners! You are the last to get a break. So, I moved on from them and have the best job ever.
i love what i do
Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2019
I totally love what i do. I work a lot of over time when available. i have learned most everything in my department. i back everyone up with all my experience when we are against time. There is no job in my department that i can't do or figure out. I am a very dependable person and have work ethics. I prefer to keep busy at all times. My management is good to me. The hardest part of my job is my own issue with caring to much which i put a lot of pressure on my self. i enjoy what i do so much that i really don't want to leave. But there is no room to grow and once you hit the top of your pay grade you do not get any more money for over time and extra hours work that is not over time.
benefits
Cons
pay
Nice
Mental Health Technician units) (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 13, 2018
Nice job working at Ellis. Friendly staff nice atmosphere. Nice environment. Recommend to work here. Conveniently located in Schenectady area. I like it
Enjoyed work and people worked with and for enviorment was clean and no children to disrupt anything
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 14, 2018
I learned many things during the several years being employed there ive gotton trained in many facits of work related experiences i recieved good benifits ect
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Long hrs no desiginated place for smokers
Degree Happy
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 23, 2018
Overall I have loved my experience at Ellis- I love the people I work with more then anything. Management and administration is blind and make horrible decisions that effect the whole institution negatively. Every simple job requires a degree it seems, they will take a degree in culinary arts to fill a position that requires medical knowledge over a person with a lot of experience in medical field or someone that has been employed by their institution and knows the culture. It is sad, the place is going down the drain due to the degree requirements for entry level jobs.
Pros
Hours, competitive benefits
Cons
Need a degree for everything, no more grandfathering in regardless of experience
Great Organization to work for
Dining & Nutrition Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 4, 2018
Ellis has helped me with growth and strength when it comes to management skills. The workplace is like home to me and i work with a lot of amazing people. My manager and my director are amazing and have given me critical information on how to help with my management skills.
Pros
Amazing staff and Amazing learning opportunities
Cons
Not enough pay
Productive and busy place to work!
Continuum of Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2018
Because of the nature of my job, although it required a lot and would occasionally be stressful, I loved what I did and the customer care aspect of the position made going to work every day enjoyable!

For the time I was there, my overall experience, with mixed emotions of course, was good!

I left a while ago, so I’m not sure if the environment is still the same as it was when I was there!
Pros
Occasional free meals, staff recognition, teamwork, etc.
Cons
Long hours without compensation at times, etc.
Ratings of Hospital, based on blood, sweat and tears of jr. staff who worked their sweat off to please management.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 1, 2018
The management worked staff to the ground and did not care much for them, constantly on you, very demanding. Staff were hard working and cooperative among themselves .
Cons
short breaks...
too stressful no time for personal time with family
Customer Relation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 21, 2018
this job was very stressful and no time to spend with family. Working in this environment is like walking on thin glass with the management they have "running the show" there. No acknowledgement when good achievement has happen, alot of favoritism.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short breaks, favoritism
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 13, 2018
I have always felt very supported, appreciated and able to grow my clinical skillset. Health benefits are good.Very friendly and supportive work environment. Top notch clinical staff
A great startup job experience.
Service Desk Technician Level I (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 22, 2018
A great startup job experience. Everyone at the work place is kind and helpful to each other. The facility takes pride in helping its customers and patients.
great opportunity for professional growth
Facilities Manager and Utilities Management (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 11, 2018
Open opportunities to grow professionally, manage open to new ideas to stream line process and manpower,. Customer service is the most difficult area of employees as this is a fast pace facility with very little time to address all concerns.
Pros
great vacation time off
Cons
silo mentallity
wonderful place to work
Unit Support Techician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 20, 2018
i love helping people so i love working at ellis. iv been doing this type of work all my life .Ellis give you the chance to grow. we are a tewam there we all help each other
Overall experience was good.
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 14, 2018
When I began employment with Ellis Hospital I had no prior hospital experiance. The work environment at Ellis was fast paste. Overall experience was good. Never had to take work home.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No advancements
Amazing crew that work together so well.
Lead Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 8, 2018
Very fast paced work in the Emergent care. Bringing patients who can be very sick into rooms. Taking their demographics and running insurance verification. Helping patients feel better is the most important part of being there. Being able to work so closely within reason helps the team move fast and efficiently.
Pros
Work close with all clinical and non clinical staff.
Cons
No cafeteria
Good place to work.
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Good place to work. Overtime was offered whch I liked. They had a 403B retirement account which was generous. I had every other weekend off. My hours were 3-11 p.m. which worked for me.
Workplace
UNIT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Great Work Place for all employees
Good Compensation and Great Hours
Culture is friendly and Customer oriented
family friendly workplace with great benefits
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Discipilne
friendly work environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 11, 2018
I very much so enjoyed my position some days were more hectic than others but I love a challenge.Every day was a learning experience in all different areas of expertise.My managment team was a really great group of people, we all seemed to form a work and personal relationship inside and out of the job atmosphere. Team work. All of our volunteer activities was the best part.
great
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 26, 2017
Fantastic place to work. Always encouraged to learn and grow. teamwork encouraged and done well. Never feel like you are on your own. Physicians are very approachable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellis Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Ellis Medicine Reviews by Location