Ellis Medicine Employee Reviews

Productive and busy place to work!
Continuum of Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2018
Because of the nature of my job, although it required a lot and would occasionally be stressful, I loved what I did and the customer care aspect of the position made going to work every day enjoyable!

For the time I was there, my overall experience, with mixed emotions of course, was good!

I left a while ago, so I’m not sure if the environment is still the same as it was when I was there!
Pros
Occasional free meals, staff recognition, teamwork, etc.
Cons
Long hours without compensation at times, etc.
Ratings of Hospital, based on blood, sweat and tears of jr. staff who worked their sweat off to please management.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 1, 2018
The management worked staff to the ground and did not care much for them, constantly on you, very demanding. Staff were hard working and cooperative among themselves .
Cons
short breaks...
too stressful no time for personal time with family
Customer Relation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 21, 2018
this job was very stressful and no time to spend with family. Working in this environment is like walking on thin glass with the management they have "running the show" there. No acknowledgement when good achievement has happen, alot of favoritism.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short breaks, favoritism
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 13, 2018
I have always felt very supported, appreciated and able to grow my clinical skillset. Health benefits are good.Very friendly and supportive work environment. Top notch clinical staff
A great startup job experience.
Service Desk Technician Level I (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 22, 2018
A great startup job experience. Everyone at the work place is kind and helpful to each other. The facility takes pride in helping its customers and patients.
great opportunity for professional growth
Facilities Manager and Utilities Management (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 11, 2018
Open opportunities to grow professionally, manage open to new ideas to stream line process and manpower,. Customer service is the most difficult area of employees as this is a fast pace facility with very little time to address all concerns.
Pros
great vacation time off
Cons
silo mentallity
wonderful place to work
Unit Support Techician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 20, 2018
i love helping people so i love working at ellis. iv been doing this type of work all my life .Ellis give you the chance to grow. we are a tewam there we all help each other
Overall experience was good.
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 14, 2018
When I began employment with Ellis Hospital I had no prior hospital experiance. The work environment at Ellis was fast paste. Overall experience was good. Never had to take work home.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No advancements
Amazing crew that work together so well.
Lead Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 8, 2018
Very fast paced work in the Emergent care. Bringing patients who can be very sick into rooms. Taking their demographics and running insurance verification. Helping patients feel better is the most important part of being there. Being able to work so closely within reason helps the team move fast and efficiently.
Pros
Work close with all clinical and non clinical staff.
Cons
No cafeteria
Good place to work.
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Good place to work. Overtime was offered whch I liked. They had a 403B retirement account which was generous. I had every other weekend off. My hours were 3-11 p.m. which worked for me.
Workplace
UNIT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Great Work Place for all employees
Good Compensation and Great Hours
Culture is friendly and Customer oriented
family friendly workplace with great benefits
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Discipilne
friendly work environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 11, 2018
I very much so enjoyed my position some days were more hectic than others but I love a challenge.Every day was a learning experience in all different areas of expertise.My managment team was a really great group of people, we all seemed to form a work and personal relationship inside and out of the job atmosphere. Team work. All of our volunteer activities was the best part.
great
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 26, 2017
Fantastic place to work. Always encouraged to learn and grow. teamwork encouraged and done well. Never feel like you are on your own. Physicians are very approachable.
Ellis Medicine
Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 18, 2017
Highly organized and responsible secretary with professional experience in medical and clinical settings; ability to handle front desk secretarial services, utilizing skills and Medical Office or Family Practice setting, where I can apply my knowledge as a Medical Clerical Coordinator and elaborate on my extensive customer service and medical staff assistance to ensure the best patient care experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Neuroscience ICUOctober 29, 2017
I am new to Ellis Medicine and it has been really great so far. It is a really good learning environment. The managers and preceptors are fantastic and always reachable and approachable. I am in a twelve week residency program and I have learned so much from it. The level of respect that employee's have for each other is outstanding.
Pros
Cons
Very busy at times
DEpressing workplace environment rift with turnover and confusion.
Multi Unit Director of Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 28, 2017
Poor workplace culture. Some bright spots like recruiting and HR. Both top notch. But the CEO acts like a CFO and money is paramount in all conversations.
Pros
Work HOurs
Cons
Love the people that started work with me there
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 16, 2017
Great workplace, get to meet great wonderful and different life experiences from your elderly. Greasy nurses and other success Woking to dedicate their time to others.
Pros
Lunch and break
Cons
new management
Kind, caring people.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 29, 2017
The people at Ellis are such kind, compassionate, caring people. The whole team wants you to succeed. I am thankful I work here. Great benefits and paid time off. Salary is very competitive. I love the community in which this hospital serves.
I am still a probationary employee until September
Physician Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 28, 2017
The training experience is a touchy one, due to being trained by 3 people with a little bit different knowledge base and not being trained on the Sorian Financial system as the first thing.... I am still struggling with where to find things on the system. After 22 years as a medical biller I know what to do, just need to be shown where to find it to get the job done at top efficiency.
Cons
Distance to travel to and from work... I work an 8 hour day with a 1 hour commute each way
Nursing at Ellis
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 17, 2017
The scheduling is pretty flexible, I work 12 hour shifts but some units have 8 hour shifts available. The only downside is that you have to work every other weekend but I think that is pretty standard for healhcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellis Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Ellis Medicine Reviews by Location