Ellis Medicine

Ellis Medicine Employee Reviews

United States72 reviews
The ideas and potential are there, there are s number of amazing colleagues within the organization. Increased communication along with fair management decisions would benefit Ellis as a whole.
RUN!! Don’t do it! You will never hear “ great job” or “ thank you”, you will receive very little training then get threatened to be written up. It’s an awful place to work!!
Pros
Other assistants are amazing wonderful ladies!
Cons
Management!!
I had faith that my immediate management team was doing all that they could and were being held back by upper management and the poor financial status of the organization. I came to find after I left that the immediate management was not as motivated as I had thought. They were "release" shortly after my leaving. Upper management was not great but all hospitals not are in difficult financial straits. great
I've seen frequent layoffs. With increased competition in the local Schenectady area, and lower reimbursement, financial strength of organization is unstable.
I really don’t have any complaints, this is a great company to work for. The insurance is fantastic. As long as you stay out of the drama between some staff you will be happy.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I would not recommend working at Ellis Hospital, they are extremely disorganized and extremely racist. I loved the job I got hired for but to deal with the constant fighting between coworkers and managers is just to unprofessional
Good place to work as a nurse. Benefits are excellent. Opportunity to work overtime is available if wanted. Pharmacy on main campus for convenience. Uniform budget for RNs.
Pros
Benefits, overtime
Cons
Uniform budget
Is a Nursing Unionized organization with a culture that lacks support of ownership of nursing practice. I never interviewed for position, was brought into organization when other hospital in community closed. There was a strong push to join the union and were frowned upon if you did not.
Pros
Loved the staff i worked with
Cons
Union
Healthcare is always changing as is the same with a small community hospital. If you enjoy change and challenges, then Ellis is a good place to work.
So far so good. The only thing I would say is the short staffing issue Ellis causes a rift in the attitudes of the nurses. When you overwork your staff ish rolls down hill. Don't cause more stress for peope who are working for minimal dollar by treating your top paid like ish.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ellis Medicine?
Ellis Medicine is the mini version of the big house (Ellis Hospital) locates only about a mile away. I currently hold two different positions and they even out nicely between first and second shift and every weekend. Supervisors are very flexible and respectful if you show the same. I love both my jobs and the incredible coworkers I have gotten to feel as they are my second family. I don’t ever want to leave
My experience with working at Ellis Medicine was extremely gratifying. Loved that being part time, I was able to experience all the aspects of each shift. Would welcome the opportunity to interview.
Got to do the food preparation and sanitation/clean up in workspace. To see the finished product enjoyed by the residents/patients. Took part in many special dinners for the community to promote the hospital
Looking to advance career but not at Ellis, no advancement available I was told there is a hiring freeze. My job was constantly bei=ng threatened by my manager
Pros
Cons
salary
the only part I liked about working at Ellis was the people I worked with ex. coworkers and supervisor and most of the customers. part time jobs do not get paid sick time or vacation time. when working with food I feel the workers should get free meals and be able to bring food that can not be saved home when closing for the day.
Pros
the people
Cons
other people, lack of comminication and help when needed
I was a call center rep/switch board operator. That department went under new management about a year and a half ago and the manager is cluelessssss as to what the job entitles. Jan Hunt changes protocols and procedures for the entire hospital, practices, and the physicians. she cares more about the gossip in the office than fully staffing her department. It does not help that the director is her best friend and covers for her. Most of the operators are leaving and the ones that are staying have no choice but to stay and the rest take bribes from the manager. that department is so stressful and has become a circus and there is no room for improvement. I would not recommend anybody to go work in that department.
Pros
Manager bribes operators with food
Cons
bad management.
As a current employee with Ellis Medicine, I enjoy the atmosphere and friendly interactions will others including the patients.

I highly recommend Ellis to others as a Nice Place to work !!
During my time at Ellis they were going through some major restructuring with management. From my perspective the transition went smoothly and had minimal impact on my department. The new CIO was very knowledgeable and listened to other points of view. My direct manager also listened to our ideas and worked will with the team during my time there. As I was leaving they were preparing to change to another electronic health record and the new director previously worked on the software so the transition was expected to go smoothly.
Pros
Small team
Cons
Distance from where I lived
The dental assistants are given an extreme amount of tasks to perform above assisting.
It is a challenging position since we are short staffed.

The resident program is a plus and I have been able.to.work with the residents and help them along since they were new to practicing.

This was a pleasure to watch them grow and become faster in patient treatment.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No breaks, short staffed
Good experience for someone new to the mental health field. You will work with many experienced people, receive clinical supervision, and there is opportunity for growth.
Benefits are mostly for RN's or management, because at the pay they give the PCT's you will barely make it. If they see you being friendly with a patient and actually have compassion for them, they come barging into the room for you to do a million things at once, as to remove you from the kindness they NEVER give. I am older and I came from an era where hospital staff actually cared about the pt.; it's called bedside manners! You are the last to get a break. So, I moved on from them and have the best job ever.