Ellucian Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Place to Work
Senior Technical Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 13, 2018
I think it speaks volumes when you've worked for a company 20 years... I started with Ellucian (which was known as Systems & Computer Technology back when I started) right out of college. I was hired on as a Lotus Notes Administrator and was both nervous and excited at the same time. Jump forward 20+ years later I'm happy to say that I am still excited about the work I do here at Ellucian.
Pros
Free Soda
Great purpose, great colleagues
Senior Director- Global Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 5, 2018
Awesome, mid-sized, global company with a fantastic purpose-- you can impact the lives of students and college/universities around the world-- and super co-workers. Company is highly virtual and dynamic. Growth strategy in place.
Pros
purpose, flexibility, caring colleagues
Cons
Lots of change (which can be exciting), if you want more 'status quo' this may not be the place for you
Company ruled by VC
Director (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 29, 2018
This company owned by a VC company who feel like they are stuck with a lemon and keep shuffling top mgmt brass in the hope they will be able to exit gracefully with minimum damage. This company is playing in a very niche sandbox and none of the major software houses are interested in acquiring them. Hence, there is no bright future for this company.
Pros
there is nothing good about this company
Cons
too many to list in here, but this company is full of bad politics and dead beats.
Unstable and freequent leadership changes - never sure whats correct
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 18, 2018
This use to be a good place to work. Frequent leadership changes and shifts in direction make it unstable and uncertain what is the correct or desired action to take in any given situation. Sometimes it feels like a ship at sea with no one in the wheel house or worse yet multiple skippers in the wheel house arguing over who is going to steer the ship! Recent HR changes for annual reviews has turned into a joke. No documentation and no ratings. Has become a popularity contest and a managers nightmare. No means to document performance good or bad or document discussions. Calls for periodic discussions that are a waste of tine due to no means to document them to reflect back on for progress at the next discussion. The answer is managers and employee take personal notes and use those thus in a conflict it becomes a he said she said situation..
Pros
Its a living
Cons
Unstable, freequent leadership changes, never sure whats correct
productive and fun environment
Aws Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 17, 2018
Ellucian is a company where you can excel in all kinds of IT environments. Friendly staff and a decent company to work for. I highly recommend to check out this company.
Great Places to Work!
Executive Assistant to SVP & CIO (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 9, 2018
Ellucian is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK, I have worked at the company currently 2 1/2 years. I really enjoy my co-workers and boss. This is a laid back company with great perks.
Pros
Work Remote at times
Great team members, fun workplace but poor management .
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXApril 6, 2018
Great team members, issues, and problems resolved as a team, fun workplace but poor management. There was an increasing workload put on a small staff yet poorly compensated leading to burnt out feeling.
Account Executive Role
Account Executive I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2018
I interviewed for Ellucian out of the Philadelphia Market (Malvern, PA) and meet with the Hiring Manager and the call went real well. Tom asked that I meet with the Regional Vice President. The RVP and I meet with via skype. The RVP asked to meet face-to-face the following Friday and had asked me to pull together a presentation so that he could get a better reading on my sales acumen. The RVP also mentioned that it was between myself and one other individual and that he mentioned that he liked what folks had to say about me.

From there I interviewed 20 colleges, universities and institutions in the Philly metro surrounding suburbs and up through NYC and New York State through the SUNY System and what their clients liked and what they would like to see improved upon. I placed a note into the Regional VP the evening prior to see if there were any additional guidelines that I should be ware of (and I heard nothing back). I had a six page digital presentation along with a hardbound copy for the RVP's meeting that he scheduled with me about 40 minuets away. I called the RVP the morning of the interview and he wasn't responding.

I show up to the site in Malvern about 20 minuets early and the secretary places a call into the RVP and there is no answer. The Hiring Manager then comes to the top of the stairs and I say " Hello, (and I say my name because he has no idea who I am). He looks very confused and invites me upstairs into the room he is working and I mentioned my meeting with the RVP. The hiring manager had no idea that RVP had asked me to meet with him. I placed the
  more... ppt in front of the hiring manager and he didn't even look at it. I knew that that the Management team was very disjointed and based off of the hiring manager's questions (he ask me from the first two interviews) that he was trying his very best to do damage control.

You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you!
Pros
The clients that I spoke with
Cons
Disjointed Management and Leadership
Horrible place I would not wish on my worst enemy
Sr. CloudOps Engineer (remote) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2018
Truly HORRIBLE. Mgrs will screw you in a heartbeat.
On a typical day you might get pulled into a screaming match with a coworker that the manager refuses to reel in and set boundaries.
Pros
None. Used to be that i got to work remote, but even that is taken away now
Cons
Too chaotic, no appreciation for people, too many CEO's within a year or so, management that pits people against one another and throws you to the wolves
Great Company
Functional Banner Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with colleagues to provide clients with the best customer service. Very good place to work; compensation is fair; advancement opportunities.
Pros
Compensation/benefits
Cons
Too much travel
Was great to work for...At first
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Customer Service is a must because they didnt take to rudeness kindly. management was very flexible with time off or adjusting to the schedule at first then policies started to change and the turnover rate skyrocketed
Alright place to start
Lead Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Show up and go through your work tickets. place priority on what tickets to tackle and resolve. Workplace was relaxed. hardest part of the job was working a lone web developer and not having too many people to rely on.
Fun Place to work
Business Intelligence Analyst, Intern (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 18, 2018
I interned at Ellucian for 6 months but I was treated just like a regular employee. Everyone is so kind and warm. There is an open office policy so it makes collaborating with team members so much easier. Seeing the CEO or any other high executive daily is a normal thing. There is a cafeteria in the building. The food isn't free but it is very affordable. Also a very festive office. They go all out for every major holiday
Pros
Great coworkers and managers
Job Stability
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Better than many programming environments. Middle management is very skillful. However, Ellucian is being re-organized by CORP Types who really are not involved or interested in the Corporation's products.
Fully Satisfied
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 2, 2018
I am Fully Satisfied working at Ellucian. Work culture was perfect. 8 hours day, technology savvy, challenging, competitive, delivery, project planning. Road mapping.
Pros
Fully Satisfied
Challenging, dedicated coworkers
HELPDESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2017
All my coworkers worked very hard to drive the company forward, but the executive board was in constant flux. This made any consistent progress impossible as policy would change every few months
Pros
Dedicated team
Cons
flux in leadership, changing priorities
Great place to work, great people to work with
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 9, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Ellucian trememndously in my role of software developer, and hope I can continue to do so.
The work is enjoyable, there are always learning opportunities, the environment is constructive and supportive of innovation, and I really enjoyed working with the people I worked with.
Innovative Software Company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 29, 2017
* Preparing for client engagements, research, software customizations, testing, administrative duties
* Learned how to configure, integrate and deliver training on new software
* Management was responsive and supportive in my role
* Culture was flexible, relaxed, competitive
* Being remote and away from corporate offices
* Travel, meeting new clients weekly, becoming progressively efficient and skilled at software integration
Pros
Gaining experience with software integration
Competitive and constantly strives to have best products for customers
Sr. Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 28, 2017
Maturity of Software development cycle is amazing at Ellucian, they give priority to customer needs, they build people means work force which will build automatically quality and great products. Customer involvement is considered highly productive at Ellucian. Management maintains transparency. Best managers who were like mentors. Team spirit and integrity is high as people morale and judgement is considered in all levels. Ellucians values are followed in and leadership did that by being as example.
Great company
HR Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLNovember 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Loved the ability to work remotely. Very team focused, great people that are always willing to help you, sharing knowledge and committed to customers.
Pros
Great benefits, fair salary.
Cons
Too many layoff over past several years.