Ellucian Employee Reviews

Great team members, fun workplace but poor management .
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXApril 6, 2018
Great team members, issues, and problems resolved as a team, fun workplace but poor management. There was an increasing workload put on a small staff yet poorly compensated leading to burnt out feeling.
Account Executive Role
Account Executive I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2018
I interviewed for Ellucian out of the Philadelphia Market (Malvern, PA) and meet with the Hiring Manager and the call went real well. Tom asked that I meet with the Regional Vice President. The RVP and I meet with via skype. The RVP asked to meet face-to-face the following Friday and had asked me to pull together a presentation so that he could get a better reading on my sales acumen. The RVP also mentioned that it was between myself and one other individual and that he mentioned that he liked what folks had to say about me.

From there I interviewed 20 colleges, universities and institutions in the Philly metro surrounding suburbs and up through NYC and New York State through the SUNY System and what their clients liked and what they would like to see improved upon. I placed a note into the Regional VP the evening prior to see if there were any additional guidelines that I should be ware of (and I heard nothing back). I had a six page digital presentation along with a hardbound copy for the RVP's meeting that he scheduled with me about 40 minuets away. I called the RVP the morning of the interview and he wasn't responding.

I show up to the site in Malvern about 20 minuets early and the secretary places a call into the RVP and there is no answer. The Hiring Manager then comes to the top of the stairs and I say " Hello, (and I say my name because he has no idea who I am). He looks very confused and invites me upstairs into the room he is working and I mentioned my meeting with the RVP. The hiring manager had no idea that RVP had asked me to meet with him. I placed the
  more... ppt in front of the hiring manager and he didn't even look at it. I knew that that the Management team was very disjointed and based off of the hiring manager's questions (he ask me from the first two interviews) that he was trying his very best to do damage control.

You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you!
Pros
The clients that I spoke with
Cons
Disjointed Management and Leadership
Horrible place I would not wish on my worst enemy
Sr. CloudOps Engineer (remote) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2018
Truly HORRIBLE. Mgrs will screw you in a heartbeat.
On a typical day you might get pulled into a screaming match with a coworker that the manager refuses to reel in and set boundaries.
Pros
None. Used to be that i got to work remote, but even that is taken away now
Cons
Too chaotic, no appreciation for people, too many CEO's within a year or so, management that pits people against one another and throws you to the wolves
Great Company
Functional Banner Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with colleagues to provide clients with the best customer service. Very good place to work; compensation is fair; advancement opportunities.
Pros
Compensation/benefits
Cons
Too much travel
Was great to work for...At first
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Customer Service is a must because they didnt take to rudeness kindly. management was very flexible with time off or adjusting to the schedule at first then policies started to change and the turnover rate skyrocketed
Alright place to start
Lead Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Show up and go through your work tickets. place priority on what tickets to tackle and resolve. Workplace was relaxed. hardest part of the job was working a lone web developer and not having too many people to rely on.
Fun Place to work
Business Intelligence Analyst, Intern (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 18, 2018
I interned at Ellucian for 6 months but I was treated just like a regular employee. Everyone is so kind and warm. There is an open office policy so it makes collaborating with team members so much easier. Seeing the CEO or any other high executive daily is a normal thing. There is a cafeteria in the building. The food isn't free but it is very affordable. Also a very festive office. They go all out for every major holiday
Pros
Great coworkers and managers
Job Stability
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Better than many programming environments. Middle management is very skillful. However, Ellucian is being re-organized by CORP Types who really are not involved or interested in the Corporation's products.
Fully Satisfied
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 2, 2018
I am Fully Satisfied working at Ellucian. Work culture was perfect. 8 hours day, technology savvy, challenging, competitive, delivery, project planning. Road mapping.
Pros
Fully Satisfied
Challenging, dedicated coworkers
HELPDESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2017
All my coworkers worked very hard to drive the company forward, but the executive board was in constant flux. This made any consistent progress impossible as policy would change every few months
Pros
Dedicated team
Cons
flux in leadership, changing priorities
Great place to work, great people to work with
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 9, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Ellucian trememndously in my role of software developer, and hope I can continue to do so.
The work is enjoyable, there are always learning opportunities, the environment is constructive and supportive of innovation, and I really enjoyed working with the people I worked with.
Innovative Software Company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 29, 2017
* Preparing for client engagements, research, software customizations, testing, administrative duties
* Learned how to configure, integrate and deliver training on new software
* Management was responsive and supportive in my role
* Culture was flexible, relaxed, competitive
* Being remote and away from corporate offices
* Travel, meeting new clients weekly, becoming progressively efficient and skilled at software integration
Pros
Gaining experience with software integration
Competitive and constantly strives to have best products for customers
Sr. Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 28, 2017
Maturity of Software development cycle is amazing at Ellucian, they give priority to customer needs, they build people means work force which will build automatically quality and great products. Customer involvement is considered highly productive at Ellucian. Management maintains transparency. Best managers who were like mentors. Team spirit and integrity is high as people morale and judgement is considered in all levels. Ellucians values are followed in and leadership did that by being as example.
Great company
HR Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLNovember 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Loved the ability to work remotely. Very team focused, great people that are always willing to help you, sharing knowledge and committed to customers.
Pros
Great benefits, fair salary.
Cons
Too many layoff over past several years.
Great pay, no job security - contracted postions.
Helpdesk Agent (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, New YorkNovember 16, 2017
The managers were great, and wanted to do everything in their power to keep you employed there. However, the GM uses contracting agencies, which means as soon as the work load starts to dwindle, so do contractors. They do have some direct-hired employees but the odds of that happening for you are slim to none, and they tell you that in training. Admittedly, the training sucks. 1 week of just grazing the essential topics and you're on the floor taking calls. Managers do a good job at keeping you from messing up, and the pay is great. This just won't be a long term position.
Pros
Managers, and Pay
Cons
Usually about a month contract.
Best
Data Administrator (Excel-PowerPoint Admin) (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 15, 2017
Would like to return on a full time permanent basis. All managers I worked with were fantastic! They are flexible and I was able to assist another manager in the same department on another project between my primary assignment.
Pros
Work Remote
Cons
NO work/life balance in the Cloud group.
Cloud Transition Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 9, 2017
Five reorganizations in 4 years and 5 different managers. NO stability and the expectation to work 60 plus hours a week. This was a remote position but it was expected that you were on call all the time.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Hours, inept management, no career advancement because of the instability of the cloud group.
No Direction
Cloud Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Ellucian has been in constant turmoil since the merger 5 years ago. There is no direction from senior leaders and management on the company is doing. Private Equity firms are running this place into the ground. Expect to work 60+ hours a week, and be on-call 24x7, also even though you receive vacation, be expected to not be able to take it and lose the days off at the end of the year, when on 1 January, the time resets.
Has historically been a good place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Recent acquisition has caused shorter term management decisions which has impacted and caused some of our best employees to either leave or be ready to leave when the next position is found outside of the company.
Pros
Legacy of taking care of clients and providing some of the best solutions
Cons
Many clients are starting to rethink relationship.
Help Desk
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 7, 2017
The job for the first year was enjoyable. The workload balance was fair, but as management changed there was a higher workload. The higher workload did not impact the pay rate, which seemed unfair to take on more responsibilities with nothing to compensate for. There used to be special days where management would provide food or have contests to raise moral, but those days have faded away. The job security is very low since they contract several candidates during their peak season. They treat full-time employees as expendable. Ellucian started as a great place to work, but with their changes in management made it all go downhill.
Pros
Meet new people often with the rotating contractors
Cons
Pay rate, opportunities for career advancement, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellucian. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight