Elmcroft | Eclipse Senior Living Employee Reviews

absolutely terrible..
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckville, PAMarch 24, 2019
Do NOT work here!! None of the residents get the care that they deserve. Management is an absolute joke. Everyone gets pulled in different directions to do everything, so the residents get pushed a side. The entire place smells like urine. All of the residents sit in a soiled brief for most of the day because there isn’t enough staff to help everyone. The pay is terrible ($11/hr) and if you have to call off for any reason you’ll get scolded and they’ll use your PTO without asking you. They won’t give anyone 40 hours even if you’re full-time because they refuse to pay you over-time. They work you to the bone with nothing in return. The poor residents are dropping like flies and all they care about is your uniform and if the garbages are empty. Please do not work here or place your loved ones here! It’s not fair to the employees or residents.
Cons
Beautiful working with residents and coworkers.u
Lead Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 23, 2019
Beautiful working with residents and coworkers. Management iffy not enough communication in the right way. Favoritism. Promise broken low wage pay and no appreciation for hard work done.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough growth and empathy.
Horrible management
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2019
Management lacks authority in this place does not know how to deal with issues, pushes away all problems and let’s staff take care of things for her. Lead caregivers or medtechs step in to try to fix the issues But issues get worse management just sits around doing nothing. Management does not text you or call you back when needed. They move up new coworkers but not seniority. They are willing to let the good workers go and keep the lazy once. Management will not reach out to you in anyway. You will have tons of meetings were caregivers and staff will handle the issue while management just sits there and does nothing looks at other staff to deal with it she won’t step in very unprofessional. Staff has to speak to different people to get trugh someone if not they go to staff and try to fix things on their own which makes things a lot worse. Employees don’t stay long.
Pros
starting pay is good
Slave for days
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reedsville, PAMarch 22, 2019
management doesn’t care about you. They appreciate you when they beg you to pick up a shift so they don’t have to work it, then you’re back to being a black sheep. Pay is ridiculous. They work you like dogs. No incentives or raises given. Girls don’t get along. Drama drama drama! No breaks
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay, management, no breaks.
Fast paced, caring company
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 20, 2019
The leadership of Elmcroft/Eclipse Senior Living strives to fulfill its mission by treating associates, residents and families quality service and a caring environment. The company invests in technology advancements and good staff.
Out of control
Training and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2019
“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Poor management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORMarch 19, 2019
Awful management. Took over without any input from long working staff. Very unreliable and never there when needed. I fear for the safety of the residents because they didn't have proper licensing and enough staff including a nurse.
Pros
Residents are awesome!
Cons
Short staffed
enjoyable place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reedsville, PAMarch 16, 2019
I enjoy working at Elmcroft. I have learned that there is a difference between my two jobs from skilled nursing care to assisted care. management is good but communication is one thing that they are lacking from employee to employee and employee to resident.
Great at first
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2019
Appears to be a great place to work. Small community with loving caregivers. They are horrible. They cover so much stuff up that the staff do. Management is friends with the caregivers, which makes it difficult for company to run properly. They lose great staff because they play favorites. Administration is terrible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Almost everything
Poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCMarch 8, 2019
Elmcroft would be a great place to work except for the employee burn out, poor leadership, and no teamwork. People in management positions often hide to prevent from dealing with problems. Med techs often sit outside and smoke rather than being a team, and leave you with no break because they take all of them. The turnover is also high at this facility.
Pros
Pto, Residents
Cons
No team work, Hight turnover, No leadership

Want to know more about Elmcroft | Eclipse Senior Living?

Ask a question
Great atmosphere
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHMarch 3, 2019
I enjoy working at Elcroft, I love our residents and their families. They are very nice and it's a very clean and great place to work. All employees work together to create a nice, safe environment for the patients
Not good company
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Reedsville, PAMarch 3, 2019
Cant keep people there do to how employees are treated as well as lack of management doing there job to improve things. Nobody has respect for one another or praised for being a hard worker. No incentives given.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Fun, family-like atmosphere
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 3, 2019
I had never been employed at a job that I absolutely loved until I began working at Elmcroft of Fairborn. It doesn't feel like work, more like going to see my family everyday. Staff gets along. Management is super friendly and approachable. The best residents ever. Pay is good. I'm not tired at the end of the day.
Pros
Free lunch when available, flexible schedule, pay
Cons
None i can think of
Looks Good But Don't Do It
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 1, 2019
I worked here for a short time. I loved the residents, truly loved caring for them. There is no real training. It was incredibly stressful. You are put into terrible situations, blamed for things, and constantly reprimanded for uncontrollable things. I will NEVER go back to this job or company. There were good people I worked with and for but superiors in this job are the worst. Other coworkers do not do their job just out of pure laziness! What killed me was how some of the residents were treated. Residents were not cared for properly and were forgotten about or were just left alone because they were "too difficult" at times.
Cons
managers, coworkers, pay
Ed
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  RivershireFebruary 26, 2019
The E.D. Steals your money/Time off of your check. The TDC is ignorant and uneducated. The marketing director lies to family members to get the ppl to move in and after she throws her hands up and plays dumb founded. The food is nasty, there’s mold all behind the steam table (hints why patients are always sick). Never enough food for patients. There’s roaches everywhere, rats, bugs, snakes in residents rooms. I advise y’all stay away
Pros
Cons
Everything about this building is off. You won’t get paid for your time worked because E.D. Steals
Do NOT place your loved ones here
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peckville, PAFebruary 26, 2019
An absolute mess, poor management who you will probably never even see, they will not move a finger to help. Employees full of drama and unorganized. You are expected to do the most for residents and you will usually only have 2-3 people on the floor for a big number of residents. Obviously residents will not get the care they deserve. Very unprofessional staff, employees constantly quitting and calling off, place smells bad all the time and nothing is ever cleaned up. Don’t have the help to be able to give the residents the care they deserve and pay to receive.
A facility to advance in career.
CNA / Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Elmcroft was a great facility to begin my career in the medical field. Beginning as a CNA, I was soon granted the opportunity to advance to the position of a Med Tech through the company with training under a supervisor and LVN. The hardest part of the job in the beginning was getting adjusted to night shift hours and working alone with no supervisor, nurse, or other cna for half my scheduled shifts. However, the most enjoyable part of my roles as Med Tech and CNA were the interaction with my residents (patients) and relationships formed. Also, learning how to care for residents with Alzheimer's and forms of dementia. I am very grateful for the opportunity to have worked for Elmcroft Assisted Living.
Pros
Free Lunch, Patient relationships formed, opportunity to advance in career.
Cons
Lack of supervisor availability.
Great work experince for everyone. Not worth staying to make a career.
Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PAFebruary 25, 2019
Ideals are misplaced by a corporation that iis never their to properly evaluate care. Quality of care is never given a priority and the patients/residents are the ones who inevitably suffer. Management needs to assert a more practical vision than what the corporation desires.
Busy but exciting
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2019
As manager of the Alzheimer's unit I was always on my toes. I had between 16 and 40 residents with dementia and two to four care staff with me. I did rounds upon arrival to ensure all areas of department were clean and tidy. Next I greeted each resident and gave them time to communicate with me. We had our meal and it was time for activities, I would always go outdoors, weather permitting to read the daily newspaper to them. We discussed any topic that interested them and had coffee and snacks outdoors. After lunch residents napped or I spent one-on-one time with them. After nap snacks and either a singing and dancing time, puzzles and games. Always there was laughter and fun. My goal was always to keep them clean, happy and brought to the highest level of functioning.

In addition, I trained staff, set schedules and communicated with families and in house management.

This was a wonderful position as I loved my residents and truly, they gave me more than I gave them. They taught me patience, respect, how to listen and being very compassionate.
Pros
Wonderful staff, awesome residents
Cons
Sometimes very long hours
Not a friendly place to work.
QMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 23, 2019
Poorly managed.Favortism.Over worked employees.No room for advancement.Unproffessional management that gossips about there employees like they are better than they are. Its supposed to be an assisted living facility , however has become more of a total care nursing facility. Critically under staffed.
Pros
Clean @ times.
Cons
Unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft | Eclipse Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.