Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

Management should have cared more for the employees.
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 3, 2018
I feel like I went above and beyond for the company and never even got so much as a pat on the back. The raises were the same for everyone whether you did a good job or not. There was a lot of turn around due to the cliques causing the new employees to leave. People that were there for years felt entitled and they were able to do whatever they wanted, for the most part, without repercussions. The CEO did not come around often, but when he did he did not speak to the workers. I learned a lot of what I know the hard way, however, I wanted to know everything that I could that would benefit me in my future in the medical field. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the Residents with their needs or just letting them know that someone cares. The hardest part of my job was dealing with late, lazy people who were only there for a paycheck. I felt that management knew what was going on but did nothing about it, it was very frustrating.
They need to be honest with applicants about what they call the "evening receptionist" position. It is a dining room position.
Evening Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 5, 2018
While Elmcroft/Altoona has some nice people employed there and the residents are lovely, the culture starts at the top with the feelings of management and works it's way down until it hits the evening receptionist position. I was actually told I would have an hour or so free at the end of the evening and bring a book to read! What a joke!! Tread very carefully receptionist people!!! High stress level.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Very stressful; if you're truly a receptionist, don't waste your time.
Good benefits, but poor management.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at Elmcroft would involve two days by myself and three days with my co-worker. It was a big facility and only two housekeepers. We cleaned about seven to eight rooms a day, cleaned and tidied the common areas, watered the plants, stocked our closets and carts, and performed light maintenance on the side. I also helped out in the dining room in the morning taking orders and meals. I also aided the front desk quite a few times. I took calls and messages and dealt with any visiting or resident inquiries as necessary. The hardest part of the job was having no team work among our co-workers. No one seemed to know or want to do their job correctly or in a professional manner. The same can be said about the managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people and helping them out when I could.
Pros
Free meals, good benefits, meeting people
Cons
Poor management and no teamwork
Productive workplace.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 2, 2018
A typical day as a dietary aid was rather tiring but the day went by quick and it's not a hard job to get done. I learned how to manage my time to be able to complete all the tasks that were asked of me.
Pros
Free food after everyone was served.
Cons
My experience with management wasn't great. However, after I started as Resident Aid, the manager of that department was fired.
fun to interact with residence
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 17, 2018
fun place to work!
management in kitchen needs improvement.
lots of competitive co-workers,
favoritism among workers and managers
occasional bias scheduling
hard to work here while attending school, they don't follow availability with school.
worked while injured.
Not really what they say
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  Florence,KYMarch 9, 2018
Not really assisted living. More personal care or nursing home type residents. Management is unfair and shows extreme favoritism towards employees. Wages are horrible for direct care staff. Management is more concerned about their bonuses than dealing with any issues. Drama and tension between staff and shifts. Lots of gossiping and rule bending. No room for advancement. Management doesn’t care about anything except the bottom line. Horrible culture and environment.
Pros
They just got bought out
Cons
Benefits are expensive, salary is horrible, management doesn’t care
Great Culture among leadership team and other staff.
Resident Services Director (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Brownstown, MIOctober 29, 2018
Overall a great company to be a part of. However, compensation across the board is the main hurdle to meeting the needs of the employees long term..
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Low Pay, Jump though hoops to get hired.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 23, 2018
Be prepared to jump though many hoops for low pay.
After I was interviewed I had to head directly to get finger printed. Once the finger prints were sent back I was sent straight to the Urgent Care for a Physical, Drug Screen and TB test. I was also background checked etc. You also are expected to attend an all day Training with very little to no notice. You also need a Copy of Social Card in order to get hired. SS number will not suffice.
The person who interviewed me was very understanding that I needed a flexible schedule but that and the residents is the ONLY plus about the job. Some residents became like family to you.

Be prepared to be manage 20-30 residents per day which includes taking them to the bathroom, changing them, putting them to bed, showering etc. This is A LOT of work for next to minimum wage. High Turn Over due to low pay and lots of responsibility.
Pros
Flexible Schedule. Residents
Cons
Low Pay, Level of Responsibility, poor management.
Horrible all the way around
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 8, 2018
Practically no chance for career advancement. Consistently short-staffed. Poor, unqualified, unappreciative, and blissfully ignorant management team--from top to bottom. Employees are underpaid. Bring in residents that belong in skill-nursing facilities. Employees are illegally forced into clocking out for breaks they have no time to take.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Employees feel unappreciated, ill-equipped, overwhelmed, and micro-managed.
Not good
CNA/Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
This is a good place for someone starting off in the medical field. They do not have good benefits. The work load is a little much for the pay they give. Staff members where unprofessional and so was management.
I loved working at Elmcroft of Bedford!
Weekend Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 4, 2018
Each day at Elmcroft of Bedford offers something new. Working with seniors is a true blessing and adventure. I only worked part-time on weekends as the receptionist, but I loved my job and loved the residents and their families.

Being a part of a community that feels like home is wonderful.

Like every working environment, there are good and bad days but the staff is helpful and friendly and I will miss working there.

Just from my perspective, I could see there was definite room for advancement, if desired.

I worked at Elmcroft from April 2018 - October 2018
Pros
Free meals to all staff while working
If you're desperate, so are they.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Short staffed all the time. Cannot keep good people in the building, but can keep employees who abuse residents no problem. Residents are viewed as pay checks and often kept even though they require more care than can be provided. Cooperate is a joke. Management is an even bigger joke. Employee moral is awful and it shows between the shifts. There is no lateral standard of care with the residents. It varys between staff and attitude. This place is awful.
Cons
Overall a great place to work
Housekeeper/Maintance Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 19, 2018
When Elmcroft hired me as a housekeeper i was prepared to get my hands dirty. The job itself was not hard and actually very rewarding due to my manager at the time being observant and compassionate about my work. Upon arrival everyday i felt welcomed and prepared to start my day correctly. But at this time in my life i was young and didnt use the resources around me to advance with Elmcroft. They did the right thing when they noticed me unable to perform tasks and handled it like management should have.
Pros
wonderful workplace
This place is not a good environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 8, 2018
This is elmcroft is not a good place to work the management shows favoritism every week a resident moves out the med techs don’t help out you will be doing work by ur self they are so unprofessional by all means if ur looking for a job do not apply here it’s a messy environment the cooks are nasty don’t wash they hands where the same gloves Scratch lick they fingers and still serve u food and if u go to Management about a problem ur wasting ur breath they don’t listen!!
Pros
Nasty
Cons
U be lucky to get a break
Loving and Caring
Resident Assistant, Med Tech (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working at Elmcroft, I loved everything about my staffed members, and the management. I worked here for over a year, and I constantly was moving up in the company. I left for higher position. The residents and workers felt like family. To this day I miss this place more than anything, I wish they paid more because I would definitely take this as second job. They truly care about you, and would do anything to understand and help you.
Pros
Cons
Not paid enough at all
Excellent place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 17, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work and beautiful environment. The staff in the past years have been an amazing team of coworkers that have always seem to pitch in to get the job done. Whatever the case may be-I have seen our management team actually work the floor when needed. Not very many places that I have worked in the past have done that. The first time I seen that I remember thinking that I was very glad to be a part of such a dedicated and devoted team!!!!i have thoroughly enjoyed my employment at Elmcroft! We have some really special residents who you cannot help but fall in love with!!
Pros
Free lunches, very special residents with whom I’ve grown to lov
Cons
The pay hasn’t always been the greatest-but it has gotten better.
amazing residents and families!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Washington, KYApril 16, 2018
A typical day at elmcroft on the assisted living side would be medication reminders for residents, showers and laundry, meals, and helping with all daily living activities
I have learned so much about people and the way to interact with different types of people
Management hasn't always been the best they are working on it!
Culture at the facility varies
Hardest part of the job is watching residents decline
The best part of the job is growing so close with residents and their families that you start to fill like family they love and trust you like no other!
Pros
free food
Cons
unpaid lunch break
Enjoyable Workplace
Mailroom and Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
This, I was hoping was going to be my last job. It was fun and I enjoyed going to work every day. Unfortunately, life has a way of getting in the way and the company closed. It was the type of atmosphere where if the company or CEO started another company, half the employees would return.
Pros
Atmosphere, people, job satisfaction
Cons
Little or no overtime.
Residents are great but thats all would not recommed anyone to work there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  KINGSPORT TNJune 22, 2018
Poor management..stressful..not enough help..residents are wonderful..employees talk about other employees behind there back...need a painting and better house keeping..employees have to do housekeeping plus there jobs
Cons
Stressful..long hours..no help
Everyone was very professional.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2018
Making sure every resident was helped and happy. Always available to help all in need. Took care of scheduling and training as well as inventory. Was not afraid to take on any hard jobs.
Pros
Having clear instructions and great management.
Cons
It became difficult to take on extra work when other housekeeper quit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.