Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice coworkers, not good enviroment in kitchen due to old and faulty equipment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIAugust 1, 2018
Managers take to long to fix broken equipment which in turn makes it very difficult to do the job properly and can be dangerous, would go months at a time with no kitchen manager, training very short with limits people knowing how to perform the daily tasks correctly.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
No breaks for cooks, low pay, bad management
Personally rewarding but not financially reliable
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippewa, PAJuly 27, 2018
The amount of work is not comparable to the low pay. The home was consistently understaffed mainly due to the insufficient pay and the turbulent work environment created by favoritism and drama with co-workers as well as supervisors/management.
Loved it
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJuly 20, 2018
Elmcroft puts so much into their employees, they invest an arm and a leg into the people that care for the seniors. With all the tests, and back ground checks it took 2 weeks for me to get in. I was honored to work there thank you Elmcroft I shan't forget you
Pros
Love
Cons
Short staffed
Excellent place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 17, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work and beautiful environment. The staff in the past years have been an amazing team of coworkers that have always seem to pitch in to get the job done. Whatever the case may be-I have seen our management team actually work the floor when needed. Not very many places that I have worked in the past have done that. The first time I seen that I remember thinking that I was very glad to be a part of such a dedicated and devoted team!!!!i have thoroughly enjoyed my employment at Elmcroft! We have some really special residents who you cannot help but fall in love with!!
Pros
Free lunches, very special residents with whom I’ve grown to lov
Cons
The pay hasn’t always been the greatest-but it has gotten better.
Get out
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJuly 16, 2018
Good place to get experience. Get out soon as possible. Overworked with being underpaid. Some of the girls are great to work with, while others are not. There’s a med tech that complains that people are putting someone to bed. Ridiculous. GET OUT soon as possible.
Cons
Underpaid, rude workers.
Fun and competitive work place
DSD assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 16, 2018
I desire to advance to every level possible, I am able to work and do all that is required of me to qualify as a great person for the next advancement, I am eager to learn and help others to do the same
Pros
I enjoy cooking and do not consider it a job
Cons
Haven’t been able to advance
Fun Interactions with the Residents
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2018
I loved cooking for the residents and interacting with them as I served them their food. You learn so much about elders and all of the adventures that they have been on throughout their life. Working here allows you to be creative in the kitchen, as long as you follow the company guidelines for the residents who have dietary restrictions. A typical day at work is guaranteed to be fast paced and on your feet most of the time. The day definitely goes by quick. Working in assisted living I learned how short staffed they are, how and why the employee turnover rate is so high and also the importance of working together regardless of your position or job title to make sure the residents get all that they need. The hardest part of the job was many of the CNAs were unwilling to serve the residents, which was their job as well, paying attention to what meal belonged to who, their poor understanding of how the kitchen works and the time needed to prepare a meal when changes are made last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job was truly interacting with residents and their families.
Pros
Interacting with the residents and their families
Cons
Always short staffed extremely
Nothing but bad drama
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 11, 2018
Everyone this was always fighting about something and when u talked to the Manager there she would go and tell everyone ur problems And she was not fit to work there or be there
Horrible all the way around
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 8, 2018
Practically no chance for career advancement. Consistently short-staffed. Poor, unqualified, unappreciative, and blissfully ignorant management team--from top to bottom. Employees are underpaid. Bring in residents that belong in skill-nursing facilities. Employees are illegally forced into clocking out for breaks they have no time to take.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Employees feel unappreciated, ill-equipped, overwhelmed, and micro-managed.
good
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 27, 2018
a typical day at work is busy, I learned how to be apart of a team. Management my goal is to make the work place better. The hardest part of the job is when residents your grow close to pass. The most enjoyable part is the stories each resident has to tell.
daily
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 25, 2018
Fixing problems from the first shift then continuing on with my daily work. doing laundry, solving problems for family members, cleaning rooms, stocking products, sweeping, mopping, prepping, companionship, communication, daily filing,
Pros
Caring for Patients
Cons
No structure within the company
Residents are great but thats all would not recommed anyone to work there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  KINGSPORT TNJune 22, 2018
Poor management..stressful..not enough help..residents are wonderful..employees talk about other employees behind there back...need a painting and better house keeping..employees have to do housekeeping plus there jobs
Cons
Stressful..long hours..no help
nobody here cares about their employees
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 4, 2018
this place is so unprofessional, they dont care about you as an employee or the seniors living there. the nurse working there is super rude and is the reason why this place is going down hill!
Elmcroft Sold the Business in Louisville/Moved to Portland OR.
Cannot do this (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2018
Before a total surprise announcement in October 2017 by upper management they were closing the corporate office in Louisville and selling everything to a company in Portland OR, the company was fun and profitable to work for. In July 2017 the management group told the employees the company is doing GREAT and future purchases of additional communities were to take place. THEY LIED!
Exciting, fast-paced work.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 23, 2018
A typical day at work can depend on the shift you work. First shift is waking people up, breakfast, lunch, laundry, hydration, snacks provided. Second shift is dinner, putting people to bed, snacks provided, laundry. Third shift is cleaning, laundry, cares in the morning, preparing the community for the next day. I've learned a lot about caring for people and what makes a great caregiver. Management is great, but could also use some work with the RSD. The hardest part of the job is the lifting of residents to provide cares. Residents can be difficult depending on what is going on and dementia is a big problem with that. The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for people and being companions for the residents.
Pros
Constantly busy, never a down moment.
Cons
Short breaks
Communication
Lead Certified Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 20, 2018
This company communications with you about concerns they have with your work ethics. They will train you and make sure you understand the information they have provided.
Pros
Residents/Workers
Cons
Upper management
What can I say
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 15, 2018
I definitely gained experience, had some good co-workers who actually cared about the residents and most of all: fell in love with the residents, they made me come back time and again despite all the challenges. This is hard work, which I don't mind, but unfortunately the facility I was at was understaffed and the position is terribly underpaid. I wouldnt recommend it unless you want to be completely drained and tired all the time with barely any money in your pocket for all your hard work.
What?
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 30, 2018
Never was able to start. Was hired but they never started me. After turning down a job for them, they stood me up!
They never called me back or anything. After all successfull training and everything. Nothing!
Pros
The elderly, the facility.
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place to work!!!!
Full Time Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
Management when I first got there was awesome! Then all of a sudden we got new management and everything just went downhill> She doesn't care about the residents only her reputation! Management didn't care about staff or residents. Pay was horrible and hours were horrible!
Pros
seeing the care staff and residents everyday
amazing residents and families!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Washington, KYApril 16, 2018
A typical day at elmcroft on the assisted living side would be medication reminders for residents, showers and laundry, meals, and helping with all daily living activities
I have learned so much about people and the way to interact with different types of people
Management hasn't always been the best they are working on it!
Culture at the facility varies
Hardest part of the job is watching residents decline
The best part of the job is growing so close with residents and their families that you start to fill like family they love and trust you like no other!
Pros
free food
Cons
unpaid lunch break