Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

demands
Training & Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 17, 2019
they have unrealistic expectations for anyone in the Training and Development coordinator position anyone that is EXPECTED to work "normal business hours" plus on call 24/7/365 no family life no sleep schedule NOTHING absolutely absurd!!!
If you're desperate, so are they.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Short staffed all the time. Cannot keep good people in the building, but can keep employees who abuse residents no problem. Residents are viewed as pay checks and often kept even though they require more care than can be provided. Cooperate is a joke. Management is an even bigger joke. Employee moral is awful and it shows between the shifts. There is no lateral standard of care with the residents. It varys between staff and attitude. This place is awful.
It’s ok to work there
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2019
It’s ok to work at elm Croft it’s just unorganized and I kinda overworke myself because it is never staff at our work place because the turnover is so high .
Residents are loveable
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 1, 2019
It wasn't that bad to work for. The residents is the best part about the place. The hardest part was learning names and remembering to chart on the computers every two hours as you do your rounds.
A fun plce to work and hired skilled people
MEDICATION AIDE/SIC (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCJanuary 1, 2019
Third shift always got a free meal thanks to the mangement.The job was not hard because we had enough employees.Ni enjoyed working there every one was friendly and they seem to know what was going on. We had a great deal of down time.
Everyone was very professional.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2018
Making sure every resident was helped and happy. Always available to help all in need. Took care of scheduling and training as well as inventory. Was not afraid to take on any hard jobs.
Pros
Having clear instructions and great management.
Cons
It became difficult to take on extra work when other housekeeper quit.
Great Place
Resident Assistant, RN (Former Employee) –  State College, PADecember 20, 2018
With the right management Elmcroft is a WONDERFUL and supportive place to work. Resident care is the focus and team work helps get it done. If management listens to their employees the day runs smoothly.
Pros
Management, Team work, residents, staffing, work load
Cons
Pay is very low
Great to take care of the elderly!
RA (Former Employee) –  Elmcroft of State CollegeDecember 10, 2018
I loved working at Elmcroft. This job was about taking care of the elderly residents. The job is faced paced but that should be expected in this industry. I recommend this job for anyone interested in making a difference in the lives of the elderly.
Pros
The residents
Demanding
Healthy Lifestyles Director (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 8, 2018
While I was there for only 5 weeks and at the beginning of the holidays, there were Residents and staff who had nothing better to do than snipe at you and behind your back. There was no sense of teamwork. After I left after being "dressed down", my position was posted the next day for 10k a year more. Really. I'm a seasoned professional with 18 cite free years in Activities and nationally certified.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
inviting atmosphere but management needs an overhaul...when I was there.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Charge (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 7, 2018
I have not worked there in years. When I was there the residents were wonderful, the staff was okay but management needed a lot of work. There has been changes since I last worked there.
They need to be honest with applicants about what they call the "evening receptionist" position. It is a dining room position.
Evening Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 5, 2018
While Elmcroft/Altoona has some nice people employed there and the residents are lovely, the culture starts at the top with the feelings of management and works it's way down until it hits the evening receptionist position. I was actually told I would have an hour or so free at the end of the evening and bring a book to read! What a joke!! Tread very carefully receptionist people!!! High stress level.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Very stressful; if you're truly a receptionist, don't waste your time.
Enjoyable Workplace
Mailroom and Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
This, I was hoping was going to be my last job. It was fun and I enjoyed going to work every day. Unfortunately, life has a way of getting in the way and the company closed. It was the type of atmosphere where if the company or CEO started another company, half the employees would return.
Pros
Atmosphere, people, job satisfaction
Cons
Little or no overtime.
Nice place to wrk
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 5, 2018
Management needs to care about employees more , get enough staff to staff building. So residents get the right care . More activities for residents inside of facilitie .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough help
Healthcare
Director of Maintenance and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  2626 West Bearss Avenue Tampa, Florida 33618December 4, 2018
Took care of 36,000 square foot facility, for both housekeeping and maintenance. Performed all maintenance on HVAC and healthcare call systems. Reports through TELLs system.
Stressful & full of drama
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reedsville, PADecember 1, 2018
This place has great residents but the staff is so hard to get along with at times and they always gossip so much. The managers are easy to get along with but there is no confenciality.
Terrible
Business Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 30, 2018
Terrible management, terrible policies, terrible care staff. The management doesn't care about the employees. They dont encourage them or support them.
Poor Management
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2018
Emcroft of Braeswood had a very poor management style and allows regional employees to use scare tactics with hourly employees. There is frequent turnover due to lack of appreciation for low wage and under paid employees.
Requires lots of hard work, fast-paced thinking, and interpersonal skills.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 11, 2018
The residents is what made this job worth going to every day. I also liked the flexible hours and my coworkers. My immediate boss/supervisor was amazing. The employment above her, also known as the head management, I did not care for as much.
ok
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 7, 2018
They played favorites when it came to their employee. I enjoyed what i did because it was good to connect with the residents but the staff wasnt 100% friendly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 7, 2018
The place is nice and cozy for the residents but the turn over is bad. Need to offer more money for certified staffs. They do have pto vacation time and most of the residents are nice .
Pros
Employees lunch discount direct deposites good insurance
Cons
Need a lil more room cleaning and carpet cleaning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.