Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

fun to interact with residence
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 17, 2018
fun place to work!
management in kitchen needs improvement.
lots of competitive co-workers,
favoritism among workers and managers
occasional bias scheduling
hard to work here while attending school, they don't follow availability with school.
worked while injured.
Not good
CNA/Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
This is a good place for someone starting off in the medical field. They do not have good benefits. The work load is a little much for the pay they give. Staff members where unprofessional and so was management.
great place to work
Medication aide (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 16, 2018
The company is a great place to work and to learn at a great pace of the CNA life style. They train within the company and hire within the company as well before they start the outside hiring.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
great
Productive workplace.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 2, 2018
A typical day as a dietary aid was rather tiring but the day went by quick and it's not a hard job to get done. I learned how to manage my time to be able to complete all the tasks that were asked of me.
Pros
Free food after everyone was served.
Cons
My experience with management wasn't great. However, after I started as Resident Aid, the manager of that department was fired.
Loving and Caring
Resident Assistant, Med Tech (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working at Elmcroft, I loved everything about my staffed members, and the management. I worked here for over a year, and I constantly was moving up in the company. I left for higher position. The residents and workers felt like family. To this day I miss this place more than anything, I wish they paid more because I would definitely take this as second job. They truly care about you, and would do anything to understand and help you.
Pros
Cons
Not paid enough at all
Low Pay, Jump though hoops to get hired.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 23, 2018
Be prepared to jump though many hoops for low pay.
After I was interviewed I had to head directly to get finger printed. Once the finger prints were sent back I was sent straight to the Urgent Care for a Physical, Drug Screen and TB test. I was also background checked etc. You also are expected to attend an all day Training with very little to no notice. You also need a Copy of Social Card in order to get hired. SS number will not suffice.
The person who interviewed me was very understanding that I needed a flexible schedule but that and the residents is the ONLY plus about the job. Some residents became like family to you.

Be prepared to be manage 20-30 residents per day which includes taking them to the bathroom, changing them, putting them to bed, showering etc. This is A LOT of work for next to minimum wage. High Turn Over due to low pay and lots of responsibility.
Pros
Flexible Schedule. Residents
Cons
Low Pay, Level of Responsibility, poor management.
Positive Work Enviroment
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 23, 2018
I think that Elmcroft is a very friendly environment and i would recommend others to work here. I also would recommend others to this for their loved ones living arrangements.
Great place to work!
Activities & Healthy Lifestyles Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 11, 2018
I have worked at Elmcroft for over two years in the activities department. Each day is different but that's what makes it such a fun, rewarding job. I would recommend this job to anyone!
Not recommended
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 31, 2018
Upper management and support center staff were great. I was very content until regional management changed. Then, the micro management and negativity became unbearable. They lost some good people because of this.
Overall great place to work .
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2018
The place is a real nice place to work . You might have some issues but other then those little bumps in the road it’s a wonderful place to work . You will get attached to residents very fast
Bad low pay for staff.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 17, 2018
Management all new. Getting rid of good managers.
People keep moving out and on new are coming in.
Blaming every thing on old managers but in the past building stayed full. Now only half full. New owners.
Rates too high for areas. Understaffed for proper care of residents.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Have to put up with too much
lousiest place I've worked in 40 years!
Dining Services Director/Executive Chef II (Former Employee) –  Berwick, PAAugust 17, 2018
Management keeps promising help and does nothing. As soon as new company took over they gave excuses when it was really all about money. Nursing staff was great but that was it. Management horrible!
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 16, 2018
Terrible management! They definitely don't care about their employees just the money they make. They work you to death and definitely don't help overall horrible management.
Love working with the elderly
Med Tech/Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 2, 2018
I love my job and what I do. Team work is a must. Love my fellow coworkers. Elmcroft is a good company to work for. Love getting to work with the residents and helping them.
Nice coworkers, not good enviroment in kitchen due to old and faulty equipment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIAugust 1, 2018
Managers take to long to fix broken equipment which in turn makes it very difficult to do the job properly and can be dangerous, would go months at a time with no kitchen manager, training very short with limits people knowing how to perform the daily tasks correctly.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
No breaks for cooks, low pay, bad management
Personally rewarding but not financially reliable
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippewa, PAJuly 27, 2018
The amount of work is not comparable to the low pay. The home was consistently understaffed mainly due to the insufficient pay and the turbulent work environment created by favoritism and drama with co-workers as well as supervisors/management.
Loved it
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJuly 20, 2018
Elmcroft puts so much into their employees, they invest an arm and a leg into the people that care for the seniors. With all the tests, and back ground checks it took 2 weeks for me to get in. I was honored to work there thank you Elmcroft I shan't forget you
Pros
Love
Cons
Short staffed
Excellent place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 17, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work and beautiful environment. The staff in the past years have been an amazing team of coworkers that have always seem to pitch in to get the job done. Whatever the case may be-I have seen our management team actually work the floor when needed. Not very many places that I have worked in the past have done that. The first time I seen that I remember thinking that I was very glad to be a part of such a dedicated and devoted team!!!!i have thoroughly enjoyed my employment at Elmcroft! We have some really special residents who you cannot help but fall in love with!!
Pros
Free lunches, very special residents with whom I’ve grown to lov
Cons
The pay hasn’t always been the greatest-but it has gotten better.
Get out
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJuly 16, 2018
Good place to get experience. Get out soon as possible. Overworked with being underpaid. Some of the girls are great to work with, while others are not. There’s a med tech that complains that people are putting someone to bed. Ridiculous. GET OUT soon as possible.
Cons
Underpaid, rude workers.
Fun and competitive work place
DSD assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 16, 2018
I desire to advance to every level possible, I am able to work and do all that is required of me to qualify as a great person for the next advancement, I am eager to learn and help others to do the same
Pros
I enjoy cooking and do not consider it a job
Cons
Haven’t been able to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about