Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

If you're desperate, so are they.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Short staffed all the time. Cannot keep good people in the building, but can keep employees who abuse residents no problem. Residents are viewed as pay checks and often kept even though they require more care than can be provided. Cooperate is a joke. Management is an even bigger joke. Employee moral is awful and it shows between the shifts. There is no lateral standard of care with the residents. It varys between staff and attitude. This place is awful.
Cons
They need to be honest with applicants about what they call the "evening receptionist" position. It is a dining room position.
Evening Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 5, 2018
While Elmcroft/Altoona has some nice people employed there and the residents are lovely, the culture starts at the top with the feelings of management and works it's way down until it hits the evening receptionist position. I was actually told I would have an hour or so free at the end of the evening and bring a book to read! What a joke!! Tread very carefully receptionist people!!! High stress level.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Very stressful; if you're truly a receptionist, don't waste your time.
Demanding
Healthy Lifestyles Director (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 8, 2018
While I was there for only 5 weeks and at the beginning of the holidays, there were Residents and staff who had nothing better to do than snipe at you and behind your back. There was no sense of teamwork. After I left after being "dressed down", my position was posted the next day for 10k a year more. Really. I'm a seasoned professional with 18 cite free years in Activities and nationally certified.
Pros
Free lunch
Enjoyable Workplace
Mailroom and Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
This, I was hoping was going to be my last job. It was fun and I enjoyed going to work every day. Unfortunately, life has a way of getting in the way and the company closed. It was the type of atmosphere where if the company or CEO started another company, half the employees would return.
Pros
Atmosphere, people, job satisfaction
Cons
Little or no overtime.
This place is not a good environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 8, 2018
This is elmcroft is not a good place to work the management shows favoritism every week a resident moves out the med techs don’t help out you will be doing work by ur self they are so unprofessional by all means if ur looking for a job do not apply here it’s a messy environment the cooks are nasty don’t wash they hands where the same gloves Scratch lick they fingers and still serve u food and if u go to Management about a problem ur wasting ur breath they don’t listen!!
Pros
Nasty
Cons
U be lucky to get a break
I enjoyed working at elmcroft , at the time I wanted something more fulltime
LPN (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, AROctober 6, 2018
Elmcroft very comfortable to work with , the managers were welcoming , the co workers and staff were genuine and caring and compassionate . The hardest part of the job was watching family members crying over their moms or dads when they would have a bad day , meaning not remembering why they are where they are or who they are or when they (pt) would get angry and trying to calm them back down . The most enjoyable part was helping with painting their and spending quality time with them and listening to the stories they had to tell :)
Pros
Great enviroment to work in if you like that kind of work
Cons
I loved working at Elmcroft of Bedford!
Weekend Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 4, 2018
Each day at Elmcroft of Bedford offers something new. Working with seniors is a true blessing and adventure. I only worked part-time on weekends as the receptionist, but I loved my job and loved the residents and their families.

Being a part of a community that feels like home is wonderful.

Like every working environment, there are good and bad days but the staff is helpful and friendly and I will miss working there.

Just from my perspective, I could see there was definite room for advancement, if desired.

I worked at Elmcroft from April 2018 - October 2018
Pros
Free meals to all staff while working
Loving and Caring
Resident Assistant, Med Tech (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working at Elmcroft, I loved everything about my staffed members, and the management. I worked here for over a year, and I constantly was moving up in the company. I left for higher position. The residents and workers felt like family. To this day I miss this place more than anything, I wish they paid more because I would definitely take this as second job. They truly care about you, and would do anything to understand and help you.
Pros
Cons
Not paid enough at all
Overpriced Dump
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  State College, PAOctober 2, 2018
The place is a dump for employees and residents. The manager is clueless and is running the place into the ground. There is never enough staff, the staff they do have is unappreciated and overworked, the pay is horrible. They barely train you. No one cares besides a few employees and the nurse. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Always short staffed, poorly managed, not enough training
Overall a great place to work
Housekeeper/Maintance Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 19, 2018
When Elmcroft hired me as a housekeeper i was prepared to get my hands dirty. The job itself was not hard and actually very rewarding due to my manager at the time being observant and compassionate about my work. Upon arrival everyday i felt welcomed and prepared to start my day correctly. But at this time in my life i was young and didnt use the resources around me to advance with Elmcroft. They did the right thing when they noticed me unable to perform tasks and handled it like management should have.
Pros
wonderful workplace

Want to know more about Elmcroft Senior Living?

Ask a question
Everyone was very professional.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2018
Making sure every resident was helped and happy. Always available to help all in need. Took care of scheduling and training as well as inventory. Was not afraid to take on any hard jobs.
Pros
Having clear instructions and great management.
Cons
It became difficult to take on extra work when other housekeeper quit.
Productive workplace.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 2, 2018
A typical day as a dietary aid was rather tiring but the day went by quick and it's not a hard job to get done. I learned how to manage my time to be able to complete all the tasks that were asked of me.
Pros
Free food after everyone was served.
Cons
My experience with management wasn't great. However, after I started as Resident Aid, the manager of that department was fired.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 7, 2018
The place is nice and cozy for the residents but the turn over is bad. Need to offer more money for certified staffs. They do have pto vacation time and most of the residents are nice .
Pros
Employees lunch discount direct deposites good insurance
Cons
Need a lil more room cleaning and carpet cleaning.
Requires lots of hard work, fast-paced thinking, and interpersonal skills.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 11, 2018
The residents is what made this job worth going to every day. I also liked the flexible hours and my coworkers. My immediate boss/supervisor was amazing. The employment above her, also known as the head management, I did not care for as much.
Not a place i would recommend anyone to work at.
Caregiver/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2018
All caregivers and med techs hate each other. All everyone does is gossip. The residents are so rude and mean. Nobody cares about you. They over work you. The people who have been there the longest are the most miserable. They hire anyone and everyone. They keep caregivers and med techs who treat residents poorly. They yell at them and nobody does anything. This is not a place you would want to work at.
Pros
Free lunches(which are not so good)
Cons
Everything else
Great Place
Resident Assistant, RN (Former Employee) –  State College, PADecember 20, 2018
With the right management Elmcroft is a WONDERFUL and supportive place to work. Resident care is the focus and team work helps get it done. If management listens to their employees the day runs smoothly.
Pros
Management, Team work, residents, staffing, work load
Cons
Pay is very low
Don't Bother
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 3, 2018
I'm sure other Elmcroft locations are not run this way. The management consists of some of the nastiest women I ever met. They will do anything necessary to secure bonuses, even lie to families to secure a deposit. They are negative and back biting. You'll also have the privilege of listening to them carry on about how they are "alpha females" and how their knowledge knows no bounds. Of course, turnover is extremely high and morale is extremely low.

Spare yourself the drama and go elsewhere.
Pros
I Wish
Cons
Great to take care of the elderly!
RA (Former Employee) –  Elmcroft of State CollegeDecember 10, 2018
I loved working at Elmcroft. This job was about taking care of the elderly residents. The job is faced paced but that should be expected in this industry. I recommend this job for anyone interested in making a difference in the lives of the elderly.
Pros
The residents
fun to interact with residence
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 17, 2018
fun place to work!
management in kitchen needs improvement.
lots of competitive co-workers,
favoritism among workers and managers
occasional bias scheduling
hard to work here while attending school, they don't follow availability with school.
worked while injured.
Nice coworkers, not good enviroment in kitchen due to old and faulty equipment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIAugust 1, 2018
Managers take to long to fix broken equipment which in turn makes it very difficult to do the job properly and can be dangerous, would go months at a time with no kitchen manager, training very short with limits people knowing how to perform the daily tasks correctly.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
No breaks for cooks, low pay, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about