Elmcroft Senior Living Pay & Benefits reviews

Not good
CNA/Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
This is a good place for someone starting off in the medical field. They do not have good benefits. The work load is a little much for the pay they give. Staff members where unprofessional and so was management.
Personally rewarding but not financially reliable
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippewa, PAJuly 27, 2018
The amount of work is not comparable to the low pay. The home was consistently understaffed mainly due to the insufficient pay and the turbulent work environment created by favoritism and drama with co-workers as well as supervisors/management.
Horrid place. Managers make it miserable
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Residents were the only good thing about job. Employees fight with each other, bullying, lying, no one will help each other. Some employees neglect residents and management doesnt care about anythibg but the money they are bringing in. Bed bugs, scabbies, and infectious diseases run rapid there. They pay minium benefits are awful. Do yourself a favor and work somewhere else
Pros
Residents
Cons
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 7, 2018
The place is nice and cozy for the residents but the turn over is bad. Need to offer more money for certified staffs. They do have pto vacation time and most of the residents are nice .
Pros
Employees lunch discount direct deposites good insurance
Cons
Need a lil more room cleaning and carpet cleaning.
its a pretty good place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 25, 2018
a few of the mangers was nice when I worked there. but they just couldn't keep no employees. I learned what the difference between assistant living and nursing home was. I learned you cant do a lot of helping the residents with like medical stuff. the hardest part of job was working with the dementia and alzheimers residents when they got mean and aso another hard part was when the residents die cause we get so attached to them. The most enjoyable was getting to know and love on them and learning about there lives.
Pros
free lunchs and the good benefits
Cons
always short of help, and the pay
Poor management benefits were a joke
RA (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 16, 2017
Very poorly managed. Hired people that wouldn't show up, so they were always understaffed. Always had to pick up the slack, because a lot of co-workers wouldn't do their job and management was no help. Had some residents there that belonged in a skilled facility. It was all about the money and getting more residents in. Pay was unfair and benefits sucked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
Nice kitchen help. Low pay. No weekends off. Great residents!
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIMarch 1, 2018
Glad I worked there. Learned a lot on the serving career. Great co-workers in kitchen. Wish pay was higher and paid holidays. Would of liked at least one Sunday a month off.
Pros
Free meal daily
Cons
No paid holidays or weekends off
Horrible place to work
Caregiver/STNA (Former Employee) –  Sagamore Hills, OHNovember 5, 2015
No room to advance
No raises
Management is under qualified and uncaring
Virtually no training provided
No breaks
No compensation for lack of breaks
Always short staffed
Dirty
Huge work load sometimes only two caregivers for entire facility
Expected to do housekeeping on top of aide work
You will always feel horrible cause residents can never get needed care
Suppose to be assisted living but many patients are skilled care without the needed resources to care for them
Doesn't pay well at all
Aides treated like servents to the nurses not part of the nursing team
You won't learn much
I can't express to you how bad this place is and I honestly don't know how it's still open.
Productive place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 5, 2018
Sometimes the job can be very stressful but overall worth it, I think they should change the uniforms, the management is great, there is a lot of diversity and the elderly are fun to be around.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
short breaks, uncomfortable uniforms
Keep Looking!
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2016
This establishment does not value their employees unfortunately. Upon working here you will instantly notice a overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated staff.

There are no efforts put towards advancing employees or promoting from within. Benifits and incentives are hard to identify other than your regular pay roll check, and even that will feel like a slap in the face after equating the extreme amount of duties to the little compensation they provide.

Turn over rate is extremely high due to poor and unorganized management that lack the skill set to mange employees effectivley.

If you want to work for a company where your hard working efforts, dedication, and talents are appreciated look else where, because this establishment is not a advocate for a healthy working enviroment.

Simply put there are better companies to give your talent too, keep looking.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, No training, Missappropiated Job Duties
Not bad
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Loyalsockville, PAApril 10, 2018
This is not a bad job for someone in college. It gave me just enough money to out gas in my car and to buy food everyday. I would not recommend working here for a long period of time though
Disappointing
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIMay 1, 2013
This is a good place to work to gain experience. HOWEVER, after 3-6 months, GET OUT!!!! Overworked, underpaid. Brownstown location is apparently the lowest paying location in all of the franchise. The residents are amazing and WONDERFUL people. The management is terrible; schedule you 6,7, 8 days in a row. Mandations (you are forced to stay longer after your shift is over because of a call-off) are not far from mind. Everyday there is some bull that happens. Supervisors bark orders, hardly willing to help (except one supervisor who is amazing). They recruit residents to move in that require more care than is applicable to "independent living." You are pretty much a peasant in their hierarchy. About 50% of the co-workers are helpful. Your day depends on who you would be working with today. I am doing my very best to move forward from this company. I've become cynical and miserable from working there. HIGH TURNOVER RATE.
Pros
Sweet and lovable residents; gain personal experience
Cons
Low pay, horrible benefits, no holiday pay except Christmas and Thanksgiving
Decent place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNMay 8, 2017
The management team needs work, RA's are not good. Advancement is not likely. Only yearly raises. And chances of raises are not likely. Nurses are gre
A great company to work for; great benefits; exceptional mission statement and core values
Heartland Village Leader II (Former Employee) –  Windcrest, TXDecember 26, 2013
Emeritus is one company that I have returned to several times as they are an exceptional and different proactive company that is heartfelt and caring to the staff and residents. They have great benefits, work ethics, new innovation, amazing training and a statement that really means what it says, "Our family is committed to yours."
Pros
Commissions, Bonuses, Holiday Pay, Happy Employees, On going Training, Exceptional Care, Integrity, Honesty, Ethical.
Cons
"Work Hard, Play Hard."
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARJanuary 9, 2013
Elmcroft was a wonderful place to work with decent health benefits after a certain time. The local management are friendly and helpful. Corporate does not tend to listen to the issues that employees are asked to write in about. The hardest part of my job as a kitchen assistant was leaving the place. The most enjoyable portion of my job was interacting with and getting to know the residents.
A place to start.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2018
This is a learning experience, as is everything in life. I would not deter someone here from working there, but I would advise to be ready for a stressful, very demanding job in various ways. The struggle makes us stronger; that's good news.
Pros
Some great co-workers, free meals.
Cons
Let's not get into all that.
This is ridiculous
Housekeeper / Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARFebruary 5, 2018
This should not be mandatory. You will never get a valid review from me as long as I am forced to give one. It should be optional only. I am not pleased by this function.
Worst decision I ever made
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 23, 2016
This was by far the worst professional decision I ever made. Horrible. Being a salaried employee, I worked 12-14 hrs a day, not to mention the 16 hr doubles I had to work due to poor staffing. No sleep as the phone calls came 24/7... Lazy manager that thought her job was to spout out orders and hold her desk down... No support from the manager and Corporate was full of empty promises...The resident's were the ones suffering though. The push for census led to ridiculous aide to resident ratios. If you have no life, no kids, no family, no hobbies, no pets, etc, this might be the place for you. It was Not for me. My suggestion is to consider if you really want to turn your life over to a job or not.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
My experience
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Was a great place to work at for a person with no kids and no dreams of having children. But towards the end i had the worst experience with them which is why i wouldn't go back to them, also they didn't give me my raise because i went on maternity leave which is another reason i left.
hard work and low pay
night shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIMay 2, 2015
I am a night shift supervisor at Elmcroft. I love my job and my residents. I've been here for 2 years and plan to stay on until I'm done with nursing school.
HOWEVER, the pay is at least $2/hour below what it should be across the board. Night shift is constantly understaffed. We don't have a night shift housekeeper anymore, so my staff of 5 people in the whole building is responsible for resident care, laundry and housekeeping duties, in addition to handling whatever emergencies might come up. There are nearly 80 residents in the building divided amongst 5 people.
Pros
residents are great, good benefits, overall cleanliness of building
Cons
low pay, short staffed, overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9