Elmcroft Senior Living Pay & Benefits reviews

Not good
CNA/Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
This is a good place for someone starting off in the medical field. They do not have good benefits. The work load is a little much for the pay they give. Staff members where unprofessional and so was management.
Personally rewarding but not financially reliable
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippewa, PAJuly 27, 2018
The amount of work is not comparable to the low pay. The home was consistently understaffed mainly due to the insufficient pay and the turbulent work environment created by favoritism and drama with co-workers as well as supervisors/management.
Not bad
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Loyalsockville, PAApril 10, 2018
This is not a bad job for someone in college. It gave me just enough money to out gas in my car and to buy food everyday. I would not recommend working here for a long period of time though
Nice kitchen help. Low pay. No weekends off. Great residents!
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIMarch 1, 2018
Glad I worked there. Learned a lot on the serving career. Great co-workers in kitchen. Wish pay was higher and paid holidays. Would of liked at least one Sunday a month off.
Pros
Free meal daily
Cons
No paid holidays or weekends off
its a pretty good place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 25, 2018
a few of the mangers was nice when I worked there. but they just couldn't keep no employees. I learned what the difference between assistant living and nursing home was. I learned you cant do a lot of helping the residents with like medical stuff. the hardest part of job was working with the dementia and alzheimers residents when they got mean and aso another hard part was when the residents die cause we get so attached to them. The most enjoyable was getting to know and love on them and learning about there lives.
Pros
free lunchs and the good benefits
Cons
always short of help, and the pay
Horrid place. Managers make it miserable
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Residents were the only good thing about job. Employees fight with each other, bullying, lying, no one will help each other. Some employees neglect residents and management doesnt care about anythibg but the money they are bringing in. Bed bugs, scabbies, and infectious diseases run rapid there. They pay minium benefits are awful. Do yourself a favor and work somewhere else
Pros
Residents
Productive place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 5, 2018
Sometimes the job can be very stressful but overall worth it, I think they should change the uniforms, the management is great, there is a lot of diversity and the elderly are fun to be around.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
short breaks, uncomfortable uniforms
This is ridiculous
Housekeeper / Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARFebruary 5, 2018
This should not be mandatory. You will never get a valid review from me as long as I am forced to give one. It should be optional only. I am not pleased by this function.
A place to start.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2018
This is a learning experience, as is everything in life. I would not deter someone here from working there, but I would advise to be ready for a stressful, very demanding job in various ways. The struggle makes us stronger; that's good news.
Pros
Some great co-workers, free meals.
Cons
Let's not get into all that.
Poor management benefits were a joke
RA (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 16, 2017
Very poorly managed. Hired people that wouldn't show up, so they were always understaffed. Always had to pick up the slack, because a lot of co-workers wouldn't do their job and management was no help. Had some residents there that belonged in a skilled facility. It was all about the money and getting more residents in. Pay was unfair and benefits sucked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
Low Pay Under Staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chippewa, PAJune 12, 2017
First off the place is beautiful inside and out. The pay is only $9.50 and you do a lot of work for that 9.50 most of the time you might have 30+ people you are responsible for they make you watch training video for hours but only have you shadow for 2days before they put you on the floor that is not enough training to be able to do your job right.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner
Cons
underpay understaff not enough on floor training
My review
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  State College, PAMay 21, 2017
Very nice to work at. I love walking into work with a smile on my face because I know I am here for help the residents. Yes it can be stressful but if you leave work with happy residents that's all what I care about
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Short breaks
Worked as a Dishwasher
Kitchen and Dining Room Aid (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 9, 2017
Paid well and flexable with schedule but nor giving many hours and had some shifts that were only 3 hours long. Got to listen to ipod at work. Workers were friendly but overworked.
Pros
Paid well, Listen to ipod at work, friendly coworkers
Cons
not enough hours, work is messy
Decent place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNMay 8, 2017
The management team needs work, RA's are not good. Advancement is not likely. Only yearly raises. And chances of raises are not likely. Nurses are gre
Great company fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARDecember 27, 2016
Needs to get everything in order.they work as a team.but mangement wasnt very Appreciative. Overall it is a good place to work. I love the Environment
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
ShortBreaks
Always short handed, and our days constantly being cut
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, AROctober 26, 2016
No communication, all they care about is making money the residents and employees are treated like we are replaceable.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
barely ever got a break, but always got it taken out of my check
My experience
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Was a great place to work at for a person with no kids and no dreams of having children. But towards the end i had the worst experience with them which is why i wouldn't go back to them, also they didn't give me my raise because i went on maternity leave which is another reason i left.
Worst decision I ever made
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 23, 2016
This was by far the worst professional decision I ever made. Horrible. Being a salaried employee, I worked 12-14 hrs a day, not to mention the 16 hr doubles I had to work due to poor staffing. No sleep as the phone calls came 24/7... Lazy manager that thought her job was to spout out orders and hold her desk down... No support from the manager and Corporate was full of empty promises...The resident's were the ones suffering though. The push for census led to ridiculous aide to resident ratios. If you have no life, no kids, no family, no hobbies, no pets, etc, this might be the place for you. It was Not for me. My suggestion is to consider if you really want to turn your life over to a job or not.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Keep Looking!
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2016
This establishment does not value their employees unfortunately. Upon working here you will instantly notice a overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated staff.

There are no efforts put towards advancing employees or promoting from within. Benifits and incentives are hard to identify other than your regular pay roll check, and even that will feel like a slap in the face after equating the extreme amount of duties to the little compensation they provide.

Turn over rate is extremely high due to poor and unorganized management that lack the skill set to mange employees effectivley.

If you want to work for a company where your hard working efforts, dedication, and talents are appreciated look else where, because this establishment is not a advocate for a healthy working enviroment.

Simply put there are better companies to give your talent too, keep looking.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, No training, Missappropiated Job Duties
Hard work, unappreciative management
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 9, 2016
You will work with the best coworkers and the worst management style and teams ever. Corporate comes often, does not care about your status or opinion. Will not waste time on our concerns or complaints. Boy does the union need to come.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Low pay, Awful and expensive health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.