Elmington Property Management Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2019
Great Company with awesome benefits. Just no room for advancement. Someone has to get fired or leave for positions to come available. They rarely promote from within. Mostly outside hires.
A job that you will appreciate and also make you stronger has a person depending on your personality
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNMarch 11, 2019
My time with Elmington Property Management was an emotional & physical roller coaster in good sense. There were
Good times & bad times but in all our Maintenance team cared for each other. We faced challenges everyday & worked has a team to solved them. I worked at a beast of an property & sometimes we’re set up for failure but it was not elmington’s fault. In closing your experience at Elmington Property Management will surely depend on your property manager,Maintenance supervisor & the type of property you worked at
Pros
Overtime, Pto
Cons
Bad regional manager. Unfair at alot of times
Elmington Property Management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNFebruary 8, 2019
I come in everyday, open office, open models, answer phone calls, check voicemails, answer emails, schedule tours, meet and greet prospects and more. I have learned to be patient, and if anyone comes in angry, remain calm and let them vent and ask if they would like to speak with our manager. The work environment is very fast-paced, and my co-workers are very agreeable and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when we are extremely short staffed. It can be slightly overwhelming during the busier times of the day. One of the most enjoyable parts of the leasing job is how we all work as a team to try to achieve the same goal each week. It pays off to see everyone work together as a team player.
Pros
Free lunches, 1 hour break
Amazing company!!
MULTI-SITE COMMUNITY DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2018
Elmington Property Management is an amazing company to work for! They truly embrace work life balance. Upper management is always very reachable and there to help in any way that they can. Career advancement is yours for the taking. Benefits are great and pay is great as well!
Pros
You don’t feel like a number, benefits, pay, work life balance
Cons
Can’t think of any
Elmington was a positive work place I loved going to work getting to know new people and learning alot about the property is a plus.
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2018
I give the company 5 star because me personally learned a lot about the company and they great benefits also they work around what you have to do outside the company and if you do not know anything they will be glad to help out as much as they can they have training classes and everything I will say that Elmington is a good company to work for.
Expect Extraordinary!
COMMUNITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2018
I left Elmington in hopes that an opportunity at a larger company and newer property with a larger salary would be better for me as a next step, but I was horribly wrong. I miss Elmington every day and intend to return when I am able to and if they’ll take me back!

You won’t find a better group of people to work with than at Elmington! I miss my people daily!
Pros
Work life balance, insurance, company culture
Awful company!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2018
Pi-s poor management.
Very poor communication.
Lots of finger pointing and he said/she said.
Unreasonable expectations.
Unappreciated.
Prejudice.
Pros
Cons
Have to use your vehicle to work in.
No stability with company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 5, 2018
No one knows about maintenance and they hire people that make out like they know what they are doing but they are for ever asking how to do the simplest tasks that a maintenance person should already know. Management try to seat out a game plan but changes in less than a couple of hours and then want to know why things are not getting done.
Benefits
Cons
No stability
Lack of consistency in leadership, high turnover, and tactless management.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALAugust 17, 2018
Manager was so horrible that I thought maybe this field wasn't for me. Constant complaining, no professional courtesy, classless, immature behavior, talking about employees to other employees. I didn't realize how toxic it was until I started with a different management company and have enjoyed every minute of it.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of consideration when hiring management
Good job to begin
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
Good job to start out, upper management carries a bit of disrespect. Unreasonable expectations, and blind corporate. If you're a favorite then you will go very far!
benefits
Cons
no time for personal life, unreasonable expectations.
fun work place
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2018
great company to work for
learn a lot about HVAC
management is awesome and caring
culture of workplace is fair and friendly
hardest part of job is making sure all people are satisfied
This company promotes treating employees poorly by front stabbing
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 8, 2018
This company promotes the mistreatment of other team members by management. They promote front stabbing, in fact train management on how to front stab. This creates a hostile work environment for everyone involved. This company claims to have you think like an owner but in fact they don't allow you to think for yourself, they micromanage horribly.
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2018
Property management is very productive. I learned a lot more customer service . Dealing with residents all day . The company just had to put more effort into fixing major issues on complex .
Elmington Management Company
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAMay 29, 2018
The Companies personnel are very nice. Compliance not so much. To many obstacle to jump over to get the job done. Personnel changes on going . To many emails to keep up with in a day to keep up with in a one person office . Can compare to an office with a staff not fair.
Pros
People
Cons
Tools needed to do your job.
Good place to work .
Accomplished and Energetic Community Director (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 24, 2018
Elmington management is a good company. Benefits bonuses and getaways.
Never a dull moment. People are great but it's difficult to get assistance when needed. You wear many hats in this company.
Pros
Bennifits, Bounuses
Cons
Vacation approvals.
Poor Management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 29, 2018
The Management is poor not only for the property managers but the regional managers as well. Elmington never checks up on the managers just looks at what is on paper. A joke of a company with goof off employees.
Pros
flexible
Cons
section 8, income based properties, crime
Love this company
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 25, 2018
This is by far the best company I have worked for. They are very family oriented and they care about you as a person not just another number on payroll.
Example of good values, hard work and exceptional upper mangement
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  20 Mason Dr. Chattanooga Tn 37415 (Ridgemont)February 23, 2018
I am currently a Leasing Consultant in Chattanooga Tn. I see this company growing daily. In the last 100 days we picked up 9 more communities. I work hard as a employee for this company and the pay backs are amazing! This job represents growth and excitement!! The staff that I work closely with on a daily basis are like family. We are a team!! The people that scored this company less than 4 stars were just not meant to be in this setting. Elmington Capitol has showed me that everyone is very important!! We are like a puzzle. Each important puzzle piece put together makes this puzzle complete!! Would I recommend this company?? Absolutely!!! Hands down!! I go above and beyond...everyday and they do too!! Elmington is my family.
Pros
Growth, Fullfillment, $$$
Cons
You get out what you put in
Elite Leasing Consultant, Verse on Bell (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 19, 2018
As an Elmington Employee you must be ready to step up to the plate. This company has grown very quickly and you will be expected to perform well. At the same time mistakes are ok if you have the ability to fix them. This company is not for someone looking to just coast 9-5. Great PTO program for giving back.
Pros
PTO program, insurance improved
Not responsible about growth
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2018
The management was unorganized and out of touch with what their employees really think. They are too worried about how large they are instead of putting the resident first.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
Management Unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmington Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight