Elmwood Care Centre Employee Reviews

See reviews about
2.3Job Security & Advancement
management company poor
Director of Nursing/MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Onawa, IASeptember 17, 2017
Elmwood was a good place to work prior to being purchased by Trillium ( a management company based in Florida with little understanding of rural Iowa). Trillium focused on money vs. employee and/or resident satisfaction.
Pros
family like environment among staff and residents in the facility
Cons
management company unrealistic-based in Florida
Not recommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Onawa, IAMay 25, 2017
Wouldn't recommend no one to work there. The management don't do nothing and they don't treat you dirty. It's dirty place. Etc. I would not give this place a 5 to a ten star rating. Differently not a place I would want any of my family members to be at. For one when a resident has to go the bathroom they hardly retake them. How mean is that . I was hired full time and they just cut me part time hours no reason. They said full time was 30 hours and that's a lie
This was a great place to work, energetic and good customer relations.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Onawa, IowaSeptember 19, 2013
This was my first experience in healthcare. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my residents. I worked primarily days, so my typical workday started by waking the residents up individually, helping them get up, bathed, dressed, and groomed. I would then assist with transporting them to the dining hall and feed them breakfast. After breakfast, some residents would go back to their room, while others participated in group activities. I assisted residents in using the bathroom. I am familiar with various lift systems for those who were unable to move themselves. Most of my coworkers were caring and compassionate and I got along with them well. I didn't have much interaction with members of the management. The hardest part of the job was not having as much time with each resident as I would have like to have. Many of them didn't receive visitors and were often lonely. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time getting to know my residents, knowing that the care I gave them was often the highlight of their day.
Pros
Being able to work with many people who needed to be treated with respect and patience.
Cons
Not having enough time to spend with each individual resident.