Elo Touch Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Started out well but went downhill
Sr. Firmware Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 18, 2018
After what started out as a good run, new management came in and declined to continue my contract. In my stead, they hired someone who had not even a fraction of the knowledge I had, coming in, relating to making the most critical part of the device work. I don't know why; my only guess is something ugly, but I can't prove it. They blew a big hole in their schedule, and we're both the worse off for it. 'Nuff said.
Unrealistic
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2018
At first glance it looks like a fun area to work with everyone acting as a family, but once you're seen as an outsider, just drop everything and leave. The amount of discrimination that is taking place is mind blowing. There is no such thing as diversity in the company.
The management was a complete circus show. One week the team is sky rocketing in the performance then the next week we are being disciplined for the same thing. The expectations they put on you is unrealistic. If you have a tongue you dont mind washing with soap at night, this is the place to be. Also be aware of the drama. You will realize the select few people that cause it within your first week.
Pros
Nice hours
Cons
drama, racism, management from higher up
I enjoyed working at ELO
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 26, 2018
The work was interesting and diverse. I enjoyed working with the people. They encouraged health and fitness and provided incentives for a healthy lifestyle. The friends I made there made the work environment pleasant.
Great company and great place to work
Regional Sales Consultant - Midwest (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2018
small, privately held company. Cutting edge products. Great management and great people. As an employee, you are treated well and your idea's and opinions matter.
nice place to work
Touchmonitor product manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2018
nice place to work overall collaborative team that gets along well. Stressful at times, however that should be expected in any job. Well established organization, they invented the touchscreen
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Typical Work Week at ELO Touch
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 26, 2017
The typical work week at ELO begins with several conference calls discussing upcoming programs with Engieering and Management. This is follow by a territory review and design discussion with Director of Sales. These meetings consume about 3/4 of the day on Monday. The rest of the week is made up of customer calls and territory travel which culminates in a Design Funnel review on Friday afternoons. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction between customers, driving design and being a consultant to projects. I have learned several great time saving attributes at ELO due to the automation of reporting, while this is not my strongest strength I was able to grow in my ability. The overall Culture at ELO is very fast paced up front but very slow and cumbersome once programs begin final design and production can be very frustrating. My overall experience has been wonderful and I have enjoyed my time at ELO.
Pros
Customer visits freedom of design and territory growth
A lot of Flexbility, relax enviromnent to work
Technical Controller (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 11, 2017
A great place to work. The management trusts its employees so we have lots of freedom, like flexible work hours, options to work from home or even overseas. Unfortunately, some employees are abusing their freedom and work less & less.
Pros
Flexibility at work, lots of freedom
Cons
Some co-workers are abusing the freedom given to them
Great work place
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Great work opportunity and great potential for market growth. Customer love their products. The office is a great space for collaboration.
Great Place
Mechanical Engineer Intern - Service Support (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2016
Great place to work. regular 8-5 shift, and very talented engineers and technicians all around. The work place is safe and welcoming and diverse.
Productive and fun with a gym and ping pong table
Product Information Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 30, 2015
Typical work day would be answering the phones, order entry and assisting customers with product selection.

I learned a lot about Elo Touch monitors so I could help the customers with Elo's products.

Management was strong and fair

The co-workers were great to work with. They were very helpful anytime I needed assistance

The most enjoyable part working at Elo was working with the people I worked with and having a great customer relationship.
Pros
great pot lucks and the free lunches
Cons
having to pay more money for healthcare coverage
had a ping pong table
Director AiO Touch Computers and Mobility Products (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 9, 2015
open and airy workplace, fostered interaction and attempted to move the company from a traditional to a more interactive current silicon valley work experience.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
ELO, not what it should be
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  milpitas, caOctober 14, 2014
To all Candidates,
I have worked at ELO for 8 years now, in California. It is a great company, but management stinks. They are the typical attrition ed engineers that are now in management. They think they know what is going on, but are completely wrong. The culture is a "be in the in-crowd" or find other employment. The CEO is a pompous butt who loves to hear himself speak. The company could be a great place if they were run by qualified people. Rochester seems to be the red-headed step-child. They are being strung along until they are closed down. Business is business, this is not good. There are real people working there, I know many of them and they are great.
Pros
Cool technologies
Cons
Management is a joke. Management is a joke.
Touchscreen Engineer
Touchscreen Design Enginee (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 5, 2014
Being an intern at Elo Touch Solutions you are very involved and very much treated like an engineer rather than an intern.
Collaborative engineering team with great work/life balance
R&D Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 30, 2014
I worked as Mechanical Engineering Co-op, and learned the basics of manufacturing and process engineering. The company culture is relaxed and interpersonal. Co-workers were fun to talk with, and there were plenty of happy hours with the coworkers.
Innovative & Fun Company
Executive Assistant to CTO, VP Eng & VP Prod Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Elo offers the world's largest selection of touchmonitors, touchscreens, and touchcomputers for virtually any application!
Pros
short commute; freedom to work from home; professionnal team
Cons
benefits, move to milpitas, management