Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Found 1,452 reviews matching the search See all 1,455 reviews
janitorial
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OHJune 26, 2018
Come in clean bathrooms, break rooms, check all the trash cans around the plant. go and get all the office workers trash, sweep and mop offices and break rooms. Stock all the bathrooms with everything it needs. Walk around the whole plant and collect the trash from every department. It was easy to learn. The management was ok some were better than others. The hardest part was the hours and no benefits or raises. The most enjoyable part was working with the people, they were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.
Pros
Knowing how to do everything, easy to learn.
Cons
no benefits or raises, no 401K
Great Place to work if looking for quick placement
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAOctober 4, 2018
Although being a staffing agency, Elwood staffing has a variety of competitive paying jobs in the Forest, VA/ Central VA area. I worked at Flower's Bakery. They offered weekly pay, benefits, and health insurance.If I were in the area, and needed a job, Elwood would be the first call I would make.
Pros
Weekly Pay, 3 shifts, no layoffs
Cons
Tri-tech labs may be the only available opportunity available immediately
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your dedication. Hope things are going well for you. Be sure to check out our locations to find one near you.

Just a flooded market in staffing
Sells (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 20, 2018
It is not that Elwood Staffing is good or bad, it is that the industry is heavily flooded and the businesses you want are either with you or in some super low rate with a competitor that you will not want to match or can obtain to onboard. You basically get several one placement jobs, and spend most of your timing wishing there wasn't so many other staffing agencies in town to compete with.
Pros
Staff, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Market is over-saturated, Training is generic
friendly staff, on task
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2018
Elwood Staffing has been great to me. They find you a job really fast (depending on where you live, and which location.) I say this because an Elwood Staffing in a small town I lived in hardly found me any work. But one of the Elwoods in Salt Lake City finds you a job quickly and they also offer benefits.

What I like about this agency is that they offer benefits like dental and healthcare, as well as find you work. What I dislike is that certain locations won't have any work.
Pros
Healthcare, dental benefits
Cons
no guaranteed placement
Controlling and no patience
Infrastructure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2018
I've enjoyed learning something I had no experience with. Both of my supervisors are controlling, jump to criticize but never praise you. There are a lot of meetings that don't accomplish anything.

Both supervisors are never wrong, had no patience and jumped to conclusions.
Pros
Great Years of Service awards.
Cons
Raises are a joke.
Great place with great people
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The company provided lots of training, good work life balance, and interests in its employees. There was good leadership, and opportunities to grow if you show the initiative. Best part was being able to get close to my coworkers, despite the only reason why I left was because a relationship soured between my manager and I after some inappropriate things he said. Aside that I would've stayed
Pros
learn to be a boss
Cons
didn't give me a raise until I tried to put my 2 weeks in
Stressful, low paying environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers but this job required too much for the amount they were willing to pay. Even after years of hard work and advancement within the company, my pay would barely increase. I was on call and would be called all hours of the night. There is little support from the regional management team. They mostly serve to pass down unrealistic expectations. When you meet the goals that are set they simply keep raising the bar higher and higher without providing any support to meet the ever increasing expectations.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, Generous PTO after 5 years
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no work life balance, very little support from corporate

Hi,

Thank you for your dedication to Elwood Staffing over your tenure and the contributions you made. We hope you took the time to complete the exit interview before you left. Your feedback will be used for coaching and training and hope to make Elwood even better place to work.

Unfair Expectations
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 16, 2018
If your branch isn’t where it needs to be, don’t expect resources from Elwood to get it there. They’ll ask you to do quadruple duty, and have unreasonable expectations.
Pros
Benefits are good, pay is reasonable
Cons
Unreasonable expectations, management is more concerned with the theatrics than results
Job placement was great
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2018
The managers in this company are able to place you on assignments that fit your skills and qualifications as well as your needs and expectations. They are helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
benefits, great job placement, and competitive compensation opportunities
Cons
was never hired permanently, all my temporary assignments ended within a few months
Stressful and Confusing
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 9, 2018
Elwood itself was not very customer/client oriented. When I went in for an interview, it took a while to get noticed and then discuss why I was there. I felt like just a number (there were many people there for interviews); there wasn't a "personal" kinda feel. I understand when people are busy, but I was there on 3 separate occasions and none of them were good impressions.
Now, where they sent me was Anderson Construction as a front desk assistant/receptionist. I quit after one day. They (Elwood and Anderson's) knew I hadn't had any receptionist experience and told me I would be trained and not to worry. Not the case...The manager threw me into work without barely saying two words. When I had questions I felt stupid for asking because they huffed and sighed when they "helped me". In fact, the manager told me to not ask her questions. I told them I was a little nervous about answering phones but they didn't seem to care. They also talked about me being super temporary right in front of me as if I wasn't there. I know the position was just temporary but I got the vibe they really didn't want me to be there.
Pros
Cons
little communication, no great benefits, temporary work
Corporate Office Job
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 24, 2018
Basic office job, staffing for various companies depending on the region. Family owned, very involved with all branches. Nice work schedule, but would sometimes have to work weekends/nights and being salary that didn't really benefit. Could be very stressful at times with clients demanding to have people ASAP.
Avoid at all costs
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Camby INSeptember 12, 2018
Elwood Staffing will place you somewhere with bare minimum pay no raises all they care about is the management they could careless about employees nobody benefits but them
October 2, 2018

Hi Camby,

We would love to speak to you about your experience with the local team. Please reach out to us at 812.418.0962. Associate Engagement Team at Elwood Staffing

This is a great company to work for
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 5, 2018
This place is very flexible and will help out out anyway they can they will meet you available to the best that they can I would definitely recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Raises
Cons
No benefit
October 1, 2018

Hi, Thank you for the kind review of our Plainfield team. We appreciate you giving your feedback and recommending Elwood.

Pay
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 13, 2018
Timecards could be updated and longer service terms at jobs would be nice. Would be great if there were opportunity for raises and bonuses through the temp service.
They are amazing at finding jobs that work for you.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTOctober 4, 2018
This is a great place to go when you are struggling to find work or want to start something quickly. They pay weekly and if the company they send you to likes you, they will hire you on full time.
Pros
Great temporary work
Cons
No benefits
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it.
We have a lot of great opportunities to pass on to our applicant. Elwood Staffing offers health insurance and paid holidays. Check in with your local office for more information.

Ok company
employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2018
Company is good for an entry level. Good pay support with a fun culture to grow with for a person looking to start in a sales positions. Provided training is available.
Pros
Good Benefits
Fun place to work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 5, 2018
It is a nice company to work for because they much your job search and salary needs. COMPENSATION is fair compared to their counterparts. They always have jobs at all times and good drug test practices.
Pros
Good COMPENSATION
Cons
No good benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 9, 2018
I think they should have more consideration for employees than management.I think they should have more benefits and that they can accumulate hours of vacation and sickness.
Pros
One hour luch
Cons
Vacation, sickness
October 2, 2018

Hi Plainfield,

Thank you for your feedback. We will take this into consideration.
At this time we do offer other benefits such as holiday pay and insurance benefits. If you would like to learn more, please give us a call.

Enjoyed
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed this job because it felt like family. No one micro managed you so it was really comfortable. I was disappointed when they closed the office but they did offer for me to relocate with them. Just wasnt enough compensation
Elwood Staffing
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CONovember 28, 2018
I was a temporary employee for temporary job. I had a lot of different jobs but most of them where in warehousing, because that's where most of my experiences are in.
Pros
had a job
Cons
No Benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Elwood Staffing.

Powered by Comparably