Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Found 1,406 reviews matching the search See all 1,409 reviews
helpful most of time
OFD associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 22, 2018
helpful if your there type of person.if you have any kind of record i would not recommend applying with them. they were helpful at 1 time when i needed them and not at another
Fun people
Operator (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALOctober 20, 2018
Trustworthy and Understanding people .Work with u and won't send u nowhere that u feel or they feel u won't succeed.Give you heads up on your progress
Pros
Gaurrenteed Work
Cons
Checks might not be correct
Just a flooded market in staffing
Sells (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 20, 2018
It is not that Elwood Staffing is good or bad, it is that the industry is heavily flooded and the businesses you want are either with you or in some super low rate with a competitor that you will not want to match or can obtain to onboard. You basically get several one placement jobs, and spend most of your timing wishing there wasn't so many other staffing agencies in town to compete with.
Pros
Staff, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Market is over-saturated, Training is generic
Great
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2018
They very good an that helping people to get a job. If you move to a new location looking for a job, check on elwood and you will find something to do even though you are looking for a temporary or full time job
pizza party, birthday,and baby shower party
Packer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 17, 2018
my opinion of atypical day at Elwood staffing is that work it's pretty easy,can work up to 10 hours,also management is well organised, the most enjoyable part of job is the reward for the job weld-one.
Pros
free lunch some time
Cons
short breaks
management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 16, 2018
They were ok some just got rude for no reason.
Some of the warehouse was good to work for they actually worked as a team player and be safe.
then others were to racist against you.
productive work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTOctober 16, 2018
fast paced job building airbags for cars
i learned how to make airbags
management was really nice and helpful
the hardest part of job was keeping up with the people who have worked there for a long time
if you need a quick job.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTOctober 15, 2018
This company will provide a job. may not be what you're looking for, but it helps to get you by until you find something serious for what you're looking for.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We offer a variety of jobs. Check our our website to learn more or stop by one of our many locations to see how we can help.

Hello BC,

We appreciate your feedback. We offer a variety of jobs and assignments. We hope you were able to find a position that fit your needs and help you until you were able to move on. Let us know if there's anything we can do to be of further help to you.

Elwood
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 15, 2018
Not a great company at all. Leadership was condescending, not open to innovation, and seemed to always be on the hunt to harm employees. They demanded mission above all else, which is not realistic.

Hi there,

We are sorry you didn't have a great experience with us. We appreciate the feedback. We'll share this for coaching and training. Good luck to you in your next adventure.

Not bad to work for,
Aircom/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2018
Elwood is a temporary service they place you at area job sites. I really enjoyed the last job site they placed me at, however, it was just a temporary position. I got laid-off.
Pros
Close to my home, not far to travel.
Cons
Got laid-off, position was just temporary.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully you were able to be placed in a long term assignment after that one ended. Be sure to check in with our office near you or on our website to learn about jobs openings nearest you.

Fun staffing agency
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 14, 2018
The staffing agency is fair and really try to fit you in a position that will be both beneficial to all. If you have a problem they do try and help, but it is you that has do your best.
Pros
fair
Cons
fair
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the review. We really try to find jobs that are the best fit for each applicant. We love helping people. Let us know if there's anything we can do to further assist you.

Interview Process;Staffing Recruiting Manager
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 13, 2018
Office smells bad, solided carpet stains and receptionist unprofessional. I waited 40 minutes and I did not get my interview; after another candidate disclose he had been waiting for an 1hr 30 minutes. I decided to leave. Wow! Spoke to a girl name Melissa during the duration of the 40 minutes she comes out and says she is preparing for the interview.

Shouldn't you be prepared from a day before.
October 16, 2018

Hi, We apologize we were super busy the day you came in for your interview. While you were waiting we were assisting other applicants who had appointments before your scheduled time. We try to be thorough and assist everyone, some times that means we get off schedule or run behind. We are very mindful of the time and don't want to make people wait very long. We are always working to get better and provide better service. We really appreciate your feedback. We hope your next experience with us will be a pleasant one.

Good place to look for work
Work Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 9, 2018
Helpful staff, eager to put you to work. Flexible on time card turn in times. Will assist in finding the right job for you and your personality. Try their best to match you to the right position.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for such a kind and positive review. We are really glad to have been able to find the perfect job for you. We appreciate your hard-work and dedication. You Rock!

i enjoyed working for elwood
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALOctober 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Elwood, the pay was great, and the people were nice. I enjoyed my job and the people around me. I would recommend to most anyone looking for a job
Pros
Great pay
Cons
as long as the pays that good its hard to complain
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad we could help you find a job that met your needs. Let us know if we can be of help to you again in the future.

Still waiting to be called
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 7, 2018
I have experience in clerical. Too desperate that I'm considering industrial jobs. I'm still waiting for someone to contact me. I guess they too busy putting make up on.

Hi there,

We would love to help you further by asking you to give us a call. We can help whether there's any job opportunities that meet your skills and expectations in the El Paso area. Cal the Associate Engagement Team at 812.657.0807.

Good experience
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 5, 2018
This is a temp agency so it's not the actual place that I was working. They were very helpful with finding me a job and were quick with responding back if I had any questions.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad we could help you with your job search. Please let us know if we can be of further help to you.

Stressful, low paying environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers but this job required too much for the amount they were willing to pay. Even after years of hard work and advancement within the company, my pay would barely increase. I was on call and would be called all hours of the night. There is little support from the regional management team. They mostly serve to pass down unrealistic expectations. When you meet the goals that are set they simply keep raising the bar higher and higher without providing any support to meet the ever increasing expectations.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, Generous PTO after 5 years
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no work life balance, very little support from corporate

Hi,

Thank you for your dedication to Elwood Staffing over your tenure and the contributions you made. We hope you took the time to complete the exit interview before you left. Your feedback will be used for coaching and training and hope to make Elwood even better place to work.

Great Place to work if looking for quick placement
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAOctober 4, 2018
Although being a staffing agency, Elwood staffing has a variety of competitive paying jobs in the Forest, VA/ Central VA area. I worked at Flower's Bakery. They offered weekly pay, benefits, and health insurance.If I were in the area, and needed a job, Elwood would be the first call I would make.
Pros
Weekly Pay, 3 shifts, no layoffs
Cons
Tri-tech labs may be the only available opportunity available immediately
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your dedication. Hope things are going well for you. Be sure to check out our locations to find one near you.

They are amazing at finding jobs that work for you.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTOctober 4, 2018
This is a great place to go when you are struggling to find work or want to start something quickly. They pay weekly and if the company they send you to likes you, they will hire you on full time.
Pros
Great temporary work
Cons
No benefits
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it.
We have a lot of great opportunities to pass on to our applicant. Elwood Staffing offers health insurance and paid holidays. Check in with your local office for more information.

Dont waste your time
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 25, 2018
The staff doesn't return calls in the Cheyenne office for any of the positions they have. Emails go unreturned. Don't waste your time with trying to get a job as its nothing but a big headache.
October 1, 2018

Hi- If you would like to speak to someone about your experience with the Elwood Staffing office in Cheyenne our Associate Engagement team will be happy to speak to you. They can be reached at 812.418.0962.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about