Elwood Staffing logo
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100Average

Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Elwood Staffing insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Found 2,194 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,201 reviews

Flexible hours, great people in the office. Lots of turnaround with workers

Enjoyed working here but the upper management expects way too much. We were in the middle of an economic downturn and still managed to keep profits up but it wasn't enough.The office was helpful and driven when times were good but when things got tight upper management's expectations became to much. The best part of the job was finding a clients needs and filling them with a great candidate that was happy to go to work.

Pros

Flexible Hrs/Decent Pay

Cons

High Expectations/No help from upper management

June 22, 2021
Thank you for the review. We appreciate the contributions you made during your time with Elwood Staffing. We will pass this along to our management team for coaching and training.

Happy I got the experience but more happy I left.

I left Elwood Staffing and am very glad I did. The work environment had no manager support, I did not feel support by the company or leadership, and the pay was below market.

Pros

Pay Check, Experience

Cons

No Manager Support, No Corporate Appreciation

Me gusto mucho

Buena empresa pero falta personal que hable espańol

Pros

Buenos beneficios

Cons

El horario de lonche estarĂ­a bien de una hra

The company was apparently not stable due to laying off people in different states.

Enjoyed calling on accounts to get business. The management was good from out of state that came to check on the office and make certain all was going good. The management locally was not good.

July 14, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with Elwood Staffing. We appreciate the contributions you made during your time with us.

Job Assignment is PT @ Hi-Lex Hudson, Mi

Great place to work. I enjoy working here. I enjoyed being moved around to different stations and learning new things in the shop. It was overwhelming at first, but got easier the more I did things. The supervisor for the shift is friendly and nice as long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. The people that work here full time for the most part, aside from a few here and there, are very friendly, outgoing and enjoyable to work with.

Pros

PT Pay Is Great. Flexible Hours.

Cons

Can Be Stressful. Repetitive. Greasy.

July 14, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Let us know if there's anything we can do to be of help to you again in the future.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great Company to work for. Gives you sense of purpose

The main goal while working at Elwood Staffing is to help people find work. When it becomes your job to help other people get back on their feet and excel/succeed, I find that it makes it very easy to love where you're working. Yes the job can be stressful and yes you may need to put in extra time every now and then to finish a project, but overall this is the best job I have had. Plenty of room for growth and opportunity within the company. Also, plenty of locations, so if you were ever needing to move, you could just transfer to another area.

June 22, 2021
Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate you and the work you are doing in St George and helping our associates have a great experience with Elwood Staffing.

Loved it

Worked there for a year and I loved every minute of it. Only thing was I got sick too much so they had to let me go 2 days after my 1 year anniversary of being there and I had only missed 3 days during the whole year.

May 27, 2021
Thank you for your dedication to Elwood Staffing. Please reach out to us if we can be of further help.

Warehouse work

Good job placement with easy pay. Mostly have the weekends off with is nice if you have a life. Weekly pay as well as a fast hiring process. Most of the time PPE is provided depending on the job site

May 27, 2021
Thank you for working with us. We are happy to help. Reach out to us we can be of further help.

Management was awful, did not care about employees

Management was awful, did not care about employees. Talked behind everyone's back. Did not help with job learning or job training. Was not supportive of employees

May 25, 2021
Thank you for the contributions to Elwood Staffing. We hope you were able to provide this feedback to HR on your exit interview.

The place is no good and the workers are rude and they don't work with you if you go to the hospital and are in pain and they just look out for there paycheck

May 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. Our Associate Engagement team would like to speak with you to find out more about this experience. Please call or text them at 833.402.8521.

Jobs at Elwood Staffing

See more jobs

Production Tech

I worked at towers for Elwood staffing it was okay would return if I needed too. Work is fairly easy. Team work is nonexistent if they don’t like you.

Pros

Two breaks on an 8 hour shift

Cons

No lunch

May 25, 2021
Thank you for the review. We are glad you had a good experience. Please reach out to us if we can be of further help to you.

Good culture, bad everything else

The company culture is good, and everyone is friendly and easy to get along with for the most part. However, there are far too many incompetent employees, which makes working there stressful because you are constantly fixing their mistakes. The pay and benefits are not bad, but not particularly good either, which is part of the problem since most competent employees who actually know what they are doing know their skillset is worth more and won't settle for less. Turnover is high because most work there just to get the experience and then get out once they get a better job offer.

Pros

Good culture, decent benefits, ability to work from home when needed

Cons

Far too many incompetent employees, ridiculously high turnover

May 25, 2021
Thank you for your contributions you made to Elwood Staffing during your time. We hope you were able to provide this information in your exit interview to give feedback for coaching and training.

A company trying to change direction but lacking real direction

I was hired as a selling branch manager for a “functional staff”. I misunderstood what they meant by functional. The staff was lacking any real work ethic and did the bare minimum on a good day. I ended up having to go through the corporate process of turning over the staff while trying to be out selling our “great” service. The company wanted to go into light industry/manufacturing but their culture and processes were to convoluted to get a quick contract together for any company I signed. We were often outbid based purely on speed of corporate process. It was like swimming in mud. By the time I got the office functional and profitable I was let go(6 months). It was a waste of time.

Pros

Cons

Many

May 25, 2021
Thank you for the contributions you made during your time with Elwood Staffing. We hope you were able to share your feedback for coaching and training on your exit interview. Thank you!

Quick work

It's good for getting quick jobs and quick money but not really something you want to hold onto for a long time. No advancements you're just temp labor

May 25, 2021
Thank you for the review. Please reach out to Elwood Staffing if we can be of further help to you.

The Executives Do NOT Care

When you are in the branch, you feel great. The team you are immediately around feels like family and it feels great to work there. When it comes to the executives, they are cheap, things end up being paid out of pocket by branch or you go without. They spend their money on resources that are not practical & they think it will benefit the company, but in all actuality it hurts the branches which in return hurts the company. The executives do not take the time to learn certain branches that are just far different from the branches in metropolitan areas. The owners are very driven in customer service, which is great! However, they are not driven by keeping the team or “family” with them that have been with the company for years or even short term who have really helped their locations. They rather lay off and then hire new individuals who now need to be trained and taught the processes which exhausts the branch manager or hire up vs. rehire individuals who were producing great numbers prior to layoff. They will have hire ups filling in and helping to recruit because they have gotten rid of so many people, rather than hire the ones back who had a great track record. This makes it very difficult when you have orders that need to be filled now and you have to train someone and you have no one else in office to help train but yourself. And let’s not have to train multiple people. Now you’re really in trouble. Non the less, you’re never guaranteed that because you hire someone that they will actually be a good fit for the branch or company in general. You’re not guaranteed that you -

Pros

Customer service training, feels like an ideal place to work at first

Cons

Healthcare, executive line up, program that they use, low pay, overworked, bonus is very conditional, no room for growth, high turnover rate

May 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the contributions you are making to Elwood Staffing, Please reach out to the HR team to speak about your concerns.

Not worth your time

Management would seldom pay me for my work on time. There was no communication between them and I, and when there was, they’d be incredibly crude and inappropriate.

Great job opportunities

They will match you with a job the hours you need the money you wanna make and your work experience. altogether they match you with the perfect job with the best pay. They weren’t very hard to make your work experience a good one. give them a chance

Pros

Lots of different employers so they find the right

Cons

Insurance options could be better

May 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing about your employment with Elwood Staffing. Please reach out to us if we can be of further assistance to you.

Fast placement

If you are looking for a job Elwood is there for you to quickly get you into a position that is right for you. They make sure the position fits what you are comfortable doing. They have a wide variety of placement options. And as I said before, they are quick to help you get placed. If you need a job, I highly recommend Elwood Staffing.

Pros

Fast placement. Good management. Good communication

Cons

Temp agency

May 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing a 5 star review about your assignment with Elwood Staffing. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to be of further help to you.

Good place start and jump in to desire job

Good place to start and to get hire and transition to the company you are assigned to after your temporary period. Get paid weekly a plus and sometimes even get raises. Lots overtime

Pros

Free lunch, all the candy you can eat and free box of goodies for some holidays

Cons

Short breaks and used them wisely

May 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the assignment you worked through Elwood Staffing. Please reach out to Elwood Staffing if we can be of further help to you.

Not a good place to work. You have to know people to at least get notice.

Worst staffing company ever. Upper management are horrible, HR department is worst. If you kiss up then you are safe. Micromanage is not even the worst, it is how management treat employees and they can get away with it and HR knows it and superiors too. The hiring process for the pay it is not worth the time. They make you pay for your own miles and they never reimburse you for it. They do not follow the process and regulations to hire candidates.

Pros

Honestly, nothing.

May 25, 2021
Thank you for the contributions you made to Elwood Staffing. We hope you were able to provide detailed feedback prior to leaving for coaching and training. Thank you!

Started off good upper management ruined it

Working here really helped me with managing and talking with new people even if they weren’t the easiest to work with. Was able to get my foot in the door into management as a 20 yr old college student. When I started upper management had personal problems with District Manager and office manager, made it a bad environment any time we were visited. Everyone ended up getting fired or relocated except for me. Got rejected when I asked for a raise. Ended up getting relocated to a farther office after everything settled.

Pros

Worked with my college schedule

Cons

Upper Management

May 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your time as a Staffing Manager with Elwood Staffing. We appreciate the contributions you made during your time. This will be passed along to our management team for coaching and training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight