Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Found 1,533 reviews matching the search See all 1,538 reviews
Decent place to work
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 21, 2019
It’s a decent place to work they pay good and they make sure you have a job no matter what the circumstances are. I believe they allow you seven days off after you’ve been there so long.
Pros
Paid vacation and break
Cons
Some of the staffing is rude
I was assaulted
4th yr idustrial electrician (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 21, 2019
I was assaulted on the job and dud the right thing by reporting it and was summarily fired and then plotted against if you respect yourself don't work here upon initial higher I was told that I would be working within a couple of days it took a couple of weeks and then I was told I would work down the street from my home and ended up commuting almost 3 hours a day
its a temp agency
temp worker (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 20, 2019
staff is kind of rude. not very accommodating or understanding with things that may come up in life... like sickness or kids. Staff Managers on the job sights do not care to hear any complaints or deal with anything that might be wrong on the jobs.
It's a staffing company, what do you expect?
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 18, 2019
Elwood is no more or less than any other staffing company. Some jobs are better than others, some clients are better than others. The best thing that can be said of them is that the chance is there for you to convert to a permanent employee.
Family Style Environment
Payroll and Billing Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 18, 2019
The Elwoods always strive to make work feel like home. They would always walk around and ask how your day is and about your family. Overall nothing negative.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Poor compensation
You always find you a job
Freezer fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 16, 2019
I was on honest at first when I got hired on I tell everyone tell the truth up front so they know so it's not a drop of a dime it was my responsibility to do this and I neglected to do so and in return I lost my job be respectful even when you're taking accountability for your actions do what's right show respect to get respect but also there are consequences for each action we show good or bad
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Unsuitability of jobs
Poor management
SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2019
Employees safety and care must be a priority
New members of management must be train well
Poor communication
Some members of management must respect employees
Pros
No no no
Cons
No one cares
Great Family Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 15, 2019
The company is family friendly, and it comes down to helping people. They do their best to create great relationships with employees and partners. Depending on the work schedule it can be flexible.
ok place to work
Security Gate Attendant (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALMarch 13, 2019
I loved monitoring the trucks in and out the gate and I learned how to process the paperwork for the entering trucks. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The workplace culture was good. My hardest part of the job was not being able to give any information of the area because I was not from the area. Management was ok.
Pros
working hours were great
Cons
not enough hous
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We love getting feedback like this that we can use. Thanks so much.

Temp Employment
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 12, 2019
It’s okay for everyone that just need temp jobs. They help you with everything you need in Employment. Anything you are looking for is their goal to get you that jobs and experiences.
Pros
Temp Job that was great
Cons
I wasn’t able to stay at temp jobs and then left after 3 months
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with our office in Orem. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to be of further help to you.

I liked some of my coworkers
Staffing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 12, 2019
When i worked as a staffing assistant i truly enjoyed my job, when i was forced into the position as a staffing Recruiter did not like the position i feel i wasn’t ready for that position.
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with Elwood Staffing. We hope you took the opportunity to complete an exit interview so that the management team can have a good idea of the difference between positions. Good luck to you, we appreciate all you did to make Elwood Staffing better.

Elwood staffing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 12, 2019
The managers at Elwood Staffing knew of my disabilities but still placed me in jobs that I would quickly get laid off of because of dissability related injuries and discrimination.
Pros
Great starting pay rate
Cons
Unpaid breaks, most of the temp jobs had unfair and hazardous work enviroments.
March 15, 2019

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will pass this along to the local management team for coaching and training. If you would like to speak to someone about this experience, please give us a call at 812.418.0962.

N/a
Impassioned Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INMarch 11, 2019
Atmosphere was similar to a junior high school. There was virtually no possible career advancement. I had a better time in basic training. Associates will do anything to stop another from advancing.
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with us. If you would like to speak to someone further about your experience, please reach out to the Associate Engagement team at 812.418.0962.

Very Productive
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  3601 Edison Rd, H, South Bend, IN 46615March 7, 2019
learned a lot about forklift operations as well as scan gun operations. They are really great with pairing you with jobs for short term. They are really great with finding jobs that fit your schedule. Always very understanding.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough temp to hire postions
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad you picked up some new skills and experiences while working with us. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to be of further help.

R c industries
Laser department lead (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 6, 2019
Elwood in Elkhart Indiana sent me to work with R c industries. They hired me for a 3rd shift laser lead department. When I started working for r c it was fine but they said the position was for a programmer. They already have a 3rd shift lead and I see that Elwood has posted the same job under the same shift lead title so I would just clear the air with them on that before you work for rc so Elwood knows what there really hiring you for. The machines are nice the people were nice however I had I sinus infection and told them that I was going to the doctor and they said that I won't receive any points as long as I have a note from the doctor. The doctor released me from work for 2 days and I called rc to tell them that..when it was the night for me to go in for 3rd shift I was called by Elwood saying rc is getting me go due to getting points...I informed them that I have the note to turn in to HR to cover me for the 2 days so I'll have no points...Elwood said they would tell them and call me back..that never happened and they reposted the position on there website....and that's how I found out I was out of a job!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Lies within the company
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the position at RC Industries. We will use this feedback for coaching and training.

I was sent to fas pak stressed
Laborer (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INMarch 5, 2019
Elwood staffing is a good place to work just not when they send you to fas pak. I was told by my Dr. To take a day off . When I called Elwood staffing I was told they had to let me go and to try back with them in 90 days
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Stressful, dont get hurt and take time off
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will pass this along to our management team for coaching and training.

The staff is somewhat friendly
Temporary Clerical Assignments (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2019
Great staffing agency to work for. They always call me for jobs that match my experience. Sometimes the pay maybe lower than what I expect but I still take the jobs due to my unemployment status.
Pros
Jobs given are great and some of the people too.
Cons
Pay
March 15, 2019

Thank you for being a loyal Elwood associate. We are happy to be able to help you find work. Let us know when you need us to help you again in the future.

Staffing agency
Sorter at Cloud Blue (Former Employee) –  Camby, INMarch 2, 2019
This staffing agency is a great place to find a job. They have excellent recruiters and the staff who are employed there are very professional. Although their management was not.
Pros
great recruiters, fair pay, and find job fast
Cons
management
March 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your experience with us. Let us know if there's anything more we can do to be of help to you.

great place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNFebruary 27, 2019
a typical day of work was to run machines and do quality checks and paper work I learned to do run different machinery and how to operate test equipment the management was great to work for and I was sad to see this job come to and end the work enviorment
Pros
good wages for a temp service
Cons
no real benefits
March 15, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad we could get your feedback on how things operated. Please let us know if there's anything more we can do to be of help.

If you like being broke and sore
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 25, 2019
Pretty poor behaviours, lack of positive reinforcement, lack of enthusiasm to place associates, complete disregard of associate needs on location hours to work and hourly rate
February 27, 2019

If you would like to speak to someone about your experience with us, please reach out to us.

Associate Engagement Team
812.657.0807

March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience as a machine operator. We'll pass this along for coaching and training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Elwood Staffing.

Powered by Comparably