Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Found 1,205 reviews matching the search See all 1,208 reviews
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 19, 2018
It was a fun and fast paced enviornment and it was easy to learn. Managment needs to talk to each other because they tend to be all over the place. It was somewhat frustrating.
Temp to Hire
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 18, 2018
I worked a temp to hire job through Elwood Staffing. I contacted them online, they contacted me the same day and I was scheduled for an interview the next day. After several months I was hired on full time at the employer.
Oilfield Laborer
Oilfield Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 18, 2018
Juggling three different things to get the end result the company is looking for. I learned about the importance of watching for sweeps. The management & staff have a great open door policy. Workplace cultures vary because workplaces vary. Depends on what the job is. Getting the chance to prove yourself.
Pros
Different experiences.
Cons
Different experiences.
Hardest part of the job
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 18, 2018
The work is not hard. It was tough at the beginning trying to learn. But after a week or two it starts to slow down. Hardest part for me was the swing shift. With children and a wife that works, it was hard to manage a swing shift.
Pros
Pay was decent for no education
Cons
Swing shift
Would reccomend
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 15, 2018
Elwood staffing cares very much about their employees. They are very understanding when it comes to peoples situations, and will work to give you a job that is within your needs. They will also relocate you to a different job after the end of a temporary job assignment. They offer many bonuses for referring friends/ completing a certain amount of hours through them. It is maintainable for people who like temporary work assignments and temp to hire assignments.
Good job
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 15, 2018
Good job till I got tick bit.Costs me 4 days and a loss assignment. Good management. Learned a lot with a lot about loading and unloading trucks.Relaxed job.Hardest-Could get rough when trucks came at us three or four at a time. Enjoyable -free time between trucks.It was a temp job to a full-time position.
Sorry,I know longer have job there.Sometimes ,life gets too tough.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
Shortbreaks
Good.
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI 49424June 10, 2018
Elwood Staffing provided employment in many different manufacturing environments. From working in companies with sawdust, scrap metal and automotive equipment.
June 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on the assignments offered through Elwood in Holland.

Fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 8, 2018
I like how fast that put me into an assignment literally started the same day I applied. More than likely if you had an emergency your supervisors worked with you and didn't fault you.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
June 13, 2018

We aim to please. Thanks for your review. Please reach out to us should you have any questions.

Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2018
Its a place where you can go get a quick job. I just don't like how they keep some of your money. Like a certain percentage. But overall Elwood has never failed me getting a job.

Hi,

Elwood Staffing never keeps your money. All fees are paid through the client company. Staffing companies don't take any money from our associates. Please reach out to our Associate Engagement team at 812.418.0962 to discuss further.

Great place with great people
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The company provided lots of training, good work life balance, and interests in its employees. There was good leadership, and opportunities to grow if you show the initiative. Best part was being able to get close to my coworkers, despite the only reason why I left was because a relationship soured between my manager and I after some inappropriate things he said. Aside that I would've stayed
Pros
learn to be a boss
Cons
didn't give me a raise until I tried to put my 2 weeks in
fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJune 5, 2018
they were really nice and friendly. there team members were always nice to me everytime i walked in there and smiled not one was rude. they were awesome
June 13, 2018

Thank you for the great review. We love our Shelbyville team, too. They are such a nice group of people.

good place to work
Yandy.com seasonal warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2018
I got hired on by elwood to work at yandys . I do not like wearhouse jobs. so if you don't either I would not recommend . I worked over night and did a lot of walking
Pros
good excersize
Cons
lots of walking
June 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your time and consideration sharing about Yandy.

Line Assembly
Line Assembly (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJune 3, 2018
Working on the line is actually fun because of the environment and the other co-workers are friendly. we. work as a team to get cars built and at the end everyone is satisfied including the customers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
standing all day
June 6, 2018

We're glad you enjoy the job. We hope things continue to go well for you. REFER A FRIEND.

Temporary work with possible hiring on
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 2, 2018
Great people, worked with my schedule, and found me a good job when I needed it the most. Worked like a dog while at job, and they saw that. Was hired on after timeframe for Elwood had passed, and had no issues with people that were helping me.
*hard to remember that Temp. Services have bills to pay as well, but when you have $ coming in, when none was, it is understandable.
Pros
Elwood staff
Cons
Get what you put in.
June 6, 2018

Congratulations on being hired full-time. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

great job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 31, 2018
I love elwood staffing groups they have helped me so much they have put me in a great place if you ever need a job come to elwood they will help you out .... Great people and very nice so come on down to elwood staffing.....The ladies at Elwood are the most wonderful polite ladies I have met working for a temp service. They multi task With no problem and make sure all paperwork and details to the job your going to is understood. I applaud these ladies and thank you for your service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
June 6, 2018

Thanks for the great review. We appreciate the kind words about our team.

Temporary Staffing
Assembly Line Worker at Cummins (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 31, 2018
This staffing agency helped me get my foot in the door with my present employer. They are very efficient on completing everything that is needed to help individuals find employment.
Pros
Very helpful
Cons
Nothing really
June 7, 2018

We're so happy you've had a good experience with our Columbus team. They work really hard to help the people in Columbus find work. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how Elwood in Columbus is doing.

A great place for overtime
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, IN 47240May 28, 2018
If you are interested in long working hours and mandatory overtime, this is the place for you. If you seek a health work/life balance, it is not the place for you.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
You are just another warm body to fill a position.
May 31, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We do offer a variety of jobs. Feel free to check us out.

Temp Work
Acct (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INMay 28, 2018
Pretty run of the mill warehouse work. Was in charge of unloading freight, packing pallets for shipment, etc. I was also in charge of keeping a clean and tidy workplace.
May 31, 2018

Thank you for working with us. We appreciate your time and careful review.

Everyone there is great.
Utah General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Price, UTMay 26, 2018
With any staffing agency they do have slow times as well as busy times. If there is a conflict with scheduling and you miss a job you are put on a 90 day probation period where you can't work for them.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Your pay isnt until the next week if you just started
May 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback.It is unfortunate that we place people on a probation period. We hope the local team explained how to avoid the probation period. If you have more information to share or if you would like to speak with a member of our team further about your situation, please call our Associate Engagement team at 812.418.0962.

jobs
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78238May 26, 2018
Nice place for work, if you are trying to get into the oil field. The pay is some what low, but it works out in the end,cause of the hours you get. Its k
Pros
work
Cons
hourly pay
May 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give your review of one of the jobs we staff for in your area. If you have more information to provide or would like to speak to someone further, please contact us at 812.418.0962.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.