Elwood Staffing Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 280 reviews matching the search See all 1,242 reviews
Gives you a choice of a job you want
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 17, 2018
Relaxed and management is awesome, they strive to get you a job and keep you working.
They email you a list of jobs every Friday and pay is weekly by direct deposit.
Good
Bad
July 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to Elwood Staffing. Thanks for all you do.

Stressful and Confusing
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 9, 2018
Elwood itself was not very customer/client oriented. When I went in for an interview, it took a while to get noticed and then discuss why I was there. I felt like just a number (there were many people there for interviews); there wasn't a "personal" kinda feel. I understand when people are busy, but I was there on 3 separate occasions and none of them were good impressions.
Now, where they sent me was Anderson Construction as a front desk assistant/receptionist. I quit after one day. They (Elwood and Anderson's) knew I hadn't had any receptionist experience and told me I would be trained and not to worry. Not the case...The manager threw me into work without barely saying two words. When I had questions I felt stupid for asking because they huffed and sighed when they "helped me". In fact, the manager told me to not ask her questions. I told them I was a little nervous about answering phones but they didn't seem to care. They also talked about me being super temporary right in front of me as if I wasn't there. I know the position was just temporary but I got the vibe they really didn't want me to be there.
Pros
Cons
little communication, no great benefits, temporary work
good place
sewing machine operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart County, INJuly 7, 2018
work with nice people, learning how products are made,like the fast pace and it was close to home and mostly kept to myself , like to learn different jobs in
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
pay is low
normal
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 2, 2018
it all depends where you are placed. I worked 10 hour days and usually 50 hours a week. The people at elwood will help out when you need and are easy to get along with
Pros
its a job
Cons
temp job, pay, benefits
Fast paced job
Asembly line (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJune 29, 2018
It is a good job, but swing shift will take a toll on you being a single parent. Need more ways to earn pto days..Most part it is a great job if your willing to work
Cons
Not enough pto days you can earn.. 3 days a year is rough, you cant do alot when your on night shift
Pay is low but worth it.
Walmart DC/John Deere Contingent (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJune 26, 2018
Pay is low but helps get your foot in the door which is why it is worth it. If you want work they can find it for you. Just be patent and enjoy the ride to a full time job.
janitorial
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OHJune 26, 2018
Come in clean bathrooms, break rooms, check all the trash cans around the plant. go and get all the office workers trash, sweep and mop offices and break rooms. Stock all the bathrooms with everything it needs. Walk around the whole plant and collect the trash from every department. It was easy to learn. The management was ok some were better than others. The hardest part was the hours and no benefits or raises. The most enjoyable part was working with the people, they were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.
Pros
Knowing how to do everything, easy to learn.
Cons
no benefits or raises, no 401K
It's a Job with a expiration date
Temp. Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallassee, ALJune 25, 2018
Don't look to get hired on. Neptune, you work 8-9 months & your done. Unless you know someone on the board or get in "REALLY" good w/ someone hired on. Otherwise, look for more work in 7-8 month mark
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pay is slightly above min.if that, long hours. Working to work.
laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  shelley,idJune 23, 2018
just went where they told me to go and performed the job duties to the best o my ability. . they were very accommodating. tried to provide me with steady work.
Pros
nice to being some income in
Cons
not steady enpough
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. They were easy to work with and talk to about your job. I would recommend them to anybody. They also take care of you while your waiting to be hired on to the company they have you at.
Pros
Work hours, weekly pay, pay raises
Cons

Want to know more about Elwood Staffing?

Ask a question
Good job
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 15, 2018
Good job till I got tick bit.Costs me 4 days and a loss assignment. Good management. Learned a lot with a lot about loading and unloading trucks.Relaxed job.Hardest-Could get rough when trucks came at us three or four at a time. Enjoyable -free time between trucks.It was a temp job to a full-time position.
Sorry,I know longer have job there.Sometimes ,life gets too tough.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
Shortbreaks
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2018
Its a place where you can go get a quick job. I just don't like how they keep some of your money. Like a certain percentage. But overall Elwood has never failed me getting a job.
June 13, 2018

Hi,

Elwood Staffing never keeps your money. All fees are paid through the client company. Staffing companies don't take any money from our associates. Please reach out to our Associate Engagement team at 812.418.0962 to discuss further.

Great place with great people
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The company provided lots of training, good work life balance, and interests in its employees. There was good leadership, and opportunities to grow if you show the initiative. Best part was being able to get close to my coworkers, despite the only reason why I left was because a relationship soured between my manager and I after some inappropriate things he said. Aside that I would've stayed
Pros
learn to be a boss
Cons
didn't give me a raise until I tried to put my 2 weeks in
A great place for overtime
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, IN 47240May 28, 2018
If you are interested in long working hours and mandatory overtime, this is the place for you. If you seek a health work/life balance, it is not the place for you.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
You are just another warm body to fill a position.
May 31, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We do offer a variety of jobs. Feel free to check us out.

Everyone there is great.
Utah General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Price, UTMay 26, 2018
With any staffing agency they do have slow times as well as busy times. If there is a conflict with scheduling and you miss a job you are put on a 90 day probation period where you can't work for them.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Your pay isnt until the next week if you just started
May 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback.It is unfortunate that we place people on a probation period. We hope the local team explained how to avoid the probation period. If you have more information to share or if you would like to speak with a member of our team further about your situation, please call our Associate Engagement team at 812.418.0962.

jobs
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78238May 26, 2018
Nice place for work, if you are trying to get into the oil field. The pay is some what low, but it works out in the end,cause of the hours you get. Its k
Pros
work
Cons
hourly pay
May 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give your review of one of the jobs we staff for in your area. If you have more information to provide or would like to speak to someone further, please contact us at 812.418.0962.

A typical work day
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2018
it was a decent place to work I enjoyed working all the available overtime that they offered employees at the time of my employment with the company!!!!
May 31, 2018

Thank you for the review. We hope your feedback helps others decide to work with Elwood in Nashville area.

great
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INMay 1, 2018
loved working thru elwood. It was hot cause it was a factory. The management was great. the ardest part of the job was again being away from family and the heat. the most enjoable was the pay and some of the employees
Pros
some free lunchs pay
Cons
nothing
was a tempory job
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Seymour, IN 47274April 19, 2018
Elwood staffing was just for temporary work. Didn't work long at a job. They didn't tell you when you how long your job assignment would be. No benefits were offered.
Pros
Got to work
Cons
Temporary
Keeps you busy
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 27, 2018
It’s a good company to work with and I would recommend anyone who needs a quick job that has a good environment into trying out this company. They also do very well in not messing up your pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.