Elwyn Employee Reviews

It was exciting to be a part of the changes that were taking place at that time
Medical Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elwyn, PAApril 4, 2019
Reassessed current staffing issues, wrote job descriptions and streamlined the billing process by creating proprietary operational procedures. Directly assisted in the customization of newly purchased MIS multi-campus billing program to complete paper conversion. Assisted with negotiations with several insurance companies to increase payment benefits for many under paid services. Helped to automate the billing procedures for the onsite dental office and create fee schedule based on industry standards and expected reimbursement.
Pros
wonderful to be a part of exciting changes
Life Skills Associate (Former Employee) –  Media, PA 19063April 2, 2019
Working for Elwyn taught me how much care our clients needed with disabilities an the elderly. I had work with several people in their homes. I enjoyed teaching them Life Skills making sure they could go to work an function well. Every one needs assistance during their life time an l was there to help.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
More pay for the job
Job Culture and Management is Horrendous
Life Skills Associate (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 21, 2019
I worked with a pack of cliquey hyenas that don't do anything but steal company time doing shady mess. I was fired for "giving wrong dosage of medicine to a client for a consecutive amount of days." I told them to show me proof and they couldn't prove it but i was fired anyway. I was definitely set up in that house. If you ever find yourself working here. Look to work in a house with people that have same character and integrity as you. Some people would get mad when you do thing by the book and are actually dedicated to your job. They feel like you're making them look bad, hence why you need to watch your back for sabotages.
Pros
Cons
Don't care about you unless you clique up to do shady stuff.
It takes a lot of patience to work for this company.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 13, 2019
This company is definitely a great start for anyone seeking a medical orientated job or plan to work while in school. It provides you with just enough tools to make you eligible for another job/career of your choice.
Pros
Health care, dental coverage
Cons
They dont have events for the consumers anymore
Residential Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 7, 2019
My first thing at work is to do a walk-through of the building to ensure everything is fine, the clients are safe before my shift begins. After my inspection, I go in my office and read the supervisor's log, emails and listen to phone messages for any information I need to know from previous shift. After am done with reading the log, I prepared the schedule for the the day and have a brief meeting with my staff members if anyone have a concern so it can be address. After the meeting I go back in my office and do the entry of staff e-Time in Elwyn ADP system for payroll, approved staff vacations slips, schedule staff that need annual training. On my shift we work as a team. Everyone helped out when there is a need. The work environment is friendly and accommodating for all. The hardest part of my job is finding staff for the incoming shift because some staff call out twenty mines to their shift. The most enjoyable part of my job is when everything is accomplish.
Pros
Great working condition
Cons
Benefit had change over the years.
Good job
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 28, 2019
Good job for people new to field, not a job you do for the money. Will train you for everything. Staff are well knowledgeable and been around for 40 years plus work for Elwyn
Don't have a summary for this question.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Media, PAFebruary 9, 2019
There's a lot of changes coming soon to this company and not to interested. I know it's going to have a lot of changes that I'm trying to stay focused and keep alert on different positions.
Pros
You take your own breaks for lunch.
Cons
Overall good benefits.
Growth
LVN/Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Elwyn has provided me with the opportunity to grow as an individual. Elwyn has taught me management and the skills it takes to become a better, more knowledgeable person.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Same hourly wage
Great company
1:1 behavior therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2019
Elwyn provides a lot of training , and opportunities. I had the opportunity to use tuition reimbursements to pursue my masters degree. The staff were friendly and very supportive.
Pros
several opportunities for growth, great traininings
Cons
competitive
nice place to work
Guide clients (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 21, 2018
nice place to work and good benefits but the pay is not so great
they have a variety of houses at most locations in pa
but great friendly place other then that
benefits
Cons
pay is not good
Nice place to work if you love to care for people
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Media, PADecember 19, 2018
Elwyn is a nice place to work only if you focus on the care you give to the people in need of it. Management could be sickening with their rigid and inflexible posture sometimes.
Pros
Friendly clients
Cons
Low salary and compensation
Do not apply!!
TSS Worker (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 16, 2018
I am employed through a staffing agency and was low on hours after losing a client so I Talked to the supervisor about getting hours. She said she would match me with clients. 3-4 weeks later while at a clients house, I ask about holidays and the client told me that I wouldn’t be working with her child. I texted the bsc and she told me the same. The supervisor (who has seen me all week) didn’t tell me till more than a week later that she hired full time workers and that she was giving my hours to them. So now I have barely any hours. The work culture is shady. A lot of people talking behind your back and smiling in your face.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No benefits, lack of job security
very rewarding job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 24, 2018
my position at elwyn was warehouse supervisor . supervisoring the clients and their performance fulfilling the job orders. it was a very rewarding experience for me and awould love to have continued working their but it was a temporary position.
Pros
working with the clients
Cons
not enough pay
Not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elwyn, PANovember 18, 2018
Low pay and the waste your time do not go on any interviews here because it’s a waste of time the pay rate sucks and if you are an experienced CNA the pay is really not worth it. Only 4days a pay period you are offered they will never have enough staff on board. They recently rejected a friend of mine application because they said he his background don’t match the job requirements. Good luck on finding another CNA who will take your low wage. All I say is this thank god and good luck on having job fairs every month because no one is going to want to work there.
Pros
Cons
Low pay and way way too much work
management
Group home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJNovember 10, 2018
The management was horrible. Never any sufficent coverage. Those in charge rarely called back when you had a issue. Didn't fight for you on any issue you were having.
Pros
down time
Cons
management, pay
strong history
Certified Wilson Reading Instructor (Former Employee) –  Media, PANovember 7, 2018
Being a part of Elwyn is a source of pride. The organization has been supporting the disabled population for over 100 years. The staff is dedicated to the students needs.
Relax job place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple City, CAOctober 21, 2018
Opened and closed the doors. Help answer questions. Help to set up for meetings and order lunch for the meetings/training. Hardest part if the job is when everything comes at you all at once from all the homes that they have other employees at. Most enjoyable part is helping these adults live a normal life by having homes for them and able top help them go out and shop and take trips.
Pros
great schedule, great employees
Cons
low pay
Na
Vocational Specialist/Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 4, 2018
There was no work life balance and not paid enough for the work load . i will not tell anyone that it is a great place to work. the director didn't even know my work email and after woking there for two years he still did not know my email.
Excellent place to work
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 26, 2018
I was a program Specialist with Elwyn in Harrisburg before being promoted to Unit Manager. Management at the facility was supportive and actually cared about my personal and professional growth. The work environment was positive and a lot of fun which helps to balance out that this is a high-stress field to work in, regardless of the company. Yes there are always going to be disgruntled former employees who will say negative things, but since leaving the company, I will still actively encourage and refer people to work for Elwyn. I was there for 5 years and truly loved my job.

The pay and benefits are significantly higher than anywhere else in that industry in the area. The current Director is a leader with integrity, compassion, and a desire for excellence. I strongly encourage you to work here over other companies in the human services field.
Pros
Great leadership, excellent pay and benefits, work/life balance, room for growth
Cons
High-stress from client behaviors
Positive environment
LSA (Former Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 22, 2018
Positive environmentA work environment is supposed to support the individuals such as Mills be then take them out or personal our endsYou have Successful
Pros
Free lunch mes
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwyn. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight