Embassy Management Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  USAApril 15, 2018
The "We Say Yes" moto is BS. This company is about money. However they can get it. Embassy does not care about the individuals, the staff or really anyone for that matter. They are by far the most top heavy company I have ever seen. If you want no life and to live in constant fear of losing your job then Embassy is the place for you. Upper management will throw good people under the bus to save themselves. Their lack of support of local leadership is atrocious. I all love all the obvious sycophantic post from current mangers on here. Even with that there overall ratings are extremely poor. If you have loved ones here, move them to another agency.
Pros
Going home at night.
Cons
Everything!
Awful experience I was very sad to leave clients I felt extremely sad and felt I gave up on them
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 13, 2018
Individuals was the only best part of the day. the experience and how I was treated after long days and weeks working 16 hour days was awful. Management don’t treat individuals how they should be treated.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
No break, complaining when not working extra 8 hours, treated poorly
Horrible management stay away
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 26, 2018
Embassy management in Washington Vancouver : Inadequate program supervisors who barely know what is going around n in the houses until something blows over than they are there to blame the staff and to see who they can put blame on so they can quickly disappear again... pay is awful, get paid better at McDonald’s
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, high turnover
Corporate minded, all about the dollar.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 17, 2018
On a local level the management and staff are all amazing.
The corporate tends to be top-heavy with their Staffing too many managers not enough dsps.
Upper management has no clue how to run the business but they think they know everything.
Local managers are pretty amazing though.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
They walk all over you, and you're replaceable. They won't let you forget that.
One of the worst jobs i have ever had. They pay you a salary amd expect you to work 80 hours per week.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAFebruary 1, 2018
The lack of empathy by this company is sad to say the least. They do not care about their employees and they show it by how they treat you. The turnover rate is high because they expect you to work 80 hours a week and then refuse to pay you compensation. My advice is to run from this company. They make promises of advancement to manipulate people into staying and never fulfill the promise.
Pros
Great dental
Cons
No breaks lunch or time off
Disabled People Treated Horrible
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 19, 2017
I hurt my back while on shift. I was treated horribly because of this. This is the only company I have worked for that another employee can “taddle” on another employee and then get the employee reprimanded to the point of an actual write up! Horrible management!
Pros
Helping Disabled People
Cons
Management is a joke
Great entry level position
LDSP (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 16, 2017
Great entry level position working with individuals who are developmentally disabled. Flexible with schedule, overtime options, advancement opportunities, and great all around work culture. Pay competitive to other companies in the field for the same entry level position. Management gets stressed and it can be hard to get ahold of a supervisor when they are short staffed. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Rewarding, humbling, overtime.
Cons
Can be stressful.
Growth at its Worst
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 11, 2017
With an internal company motto of "We Say Yes", to everything related to growing the bottom line and little to serving our disabled clients or dedicated employees, Embassy is left with staff at all levels in a state of despair and scrambling to meet unrealistic goals. I've watched employees from all departments throughout the company leave as the work environment continues to degrade.
Pros
Serving disabled clients
Cons
Lack of support, turnover, low pay, unrealistic expectations, poorly made decisions
Fun Enviroinment and Leaders who are Focused on Possibilities not Problems
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, Idaho and OregonJuly 26, 2017
For those who are familiar with this field, there is not a lack of challenges or problems that can arise on a daily basis as we are people working with people. From my experience, what makes Embassy unique and a wonderful place to work is their focus on the possibilities and solutions rather than getting stuck on the challenge.

The work that we do MATTERS and we have the opportunity to change the lives of the people we support, their families and our staff with each interaction.

Opportunities to advance exist for those who show initiative and drive and there are examples of leaders promoted from within at all levels of the organization. This commitment to developing leaders and promoting from within has created an extraordinarily dedicated and passionate leadership team who also like to have a lot of fun.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, fun work environment, ability to effect change
Cons
Fast paced environment isn't for everyone
Your work makes a difference
Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 27, 2017
I love working for this company. Whether you work directly with clients or on the administration side, everything we do directly impacts the quality of services provided to our clients. I believe in our executive leadership and their vision to positively effect change through out the organization. Our operational staff are amazing. They work very hard to provide exceptional support to our clients.
Pros
Ability to effect change
Cons
more work than time
Great place to work - provides opportunities to advance, as well as having a truly caring attitude towards their employees and the people they support
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  IdahoMay 31, 2017
I love the opportunities that Embassy provides to staff and the individual that they support. They really care about the lives of each person that they encounter and listen to their wants and needs and take steps to fulfill those. I can easily approach leadership with ideas, concerns and get feedback and support that helps me in my position as well as for those that I support. Each day is a new chance to learn and impact lives in a positive manner.
Pros
Caring, forward thinking and engaged
Cons
healthcare
Employment Services (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 31, 2017
I love working for Embassy. Plenty of room for advancement if you show initiative and have a strong work ethic. Upper management truly cares and holds a high standard for their service. I started as an Employment Consultant and was promoted to a carved supervisory position within 6 months. My manager provides monthly group and one on one training's. This is a company that has great integrity and shows appreciation to it's employees through earned bonuses and fun parties!
Pros
Great PTO, paid holidays, plenty of room for advancement
Cons
Fast pace
Ok company to work for
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  tacolamMay 26, 2017
Had to self train and ask lots of questions to learn work. Pay is not what it should pay for the amount and type of work to be done. Very clickish culture.
Working for Embassy is Fun and Rewarding
PS (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 9, 2017
The group and team attitude that people have at Embassy makes my job fun and rewarding. The social services industry is a challenging place to work in because of the volume of individuals we serve, but at the end of each day I am thankful to know what I am doing is helping others.
Love this company
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
This is one of the best places I've ever worked. The staff is amazing and the hotel environment is one of the best industries to work in, if you can handle guest complaints.
Poor management
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 5, 2016
I was hired to program supervisor (PS) for a company with Embassy. The other program supervisor who was to train me was just getting off from doing a graveyard shift to cover for the lack of direct service providers (dsp) that was available. I knew there would be occasions in which I was to cover for positions, but they were paying the dsp so poorly that they were dropping off like flies, leaving a full 8-5 job for PS ...and any shifts that dsp were unable to man. They are so understaffed that it literally like working a 60-70 hour job. The company needs to reevaluate how they pay and staff their employees. I quit on day on because I could not fathom working crazy hours, taking care of two young kids, missing out on family life, balancing my Master's degree, AND handling the stresses of the job. The pay just did not fit for the amount of hours I would be working. I warn others to be conscious about the red flags.
Pros
The employees were really nice but obvious that they were overworked and tired.
Cons
The company is understaffed, over worked, and underpaid.
This place use to be great
Mgt (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMay 2, 2016
A bunch of sorierity sisters hired eachother and ruined the NM sector. The sisters had no heart for the people of NM...staff or clients. Numbers will say everything!

The place is high stress w low low low morale. The best employees left...sickness was not an option.
Pros
Helping the families of NM
Cons
New management
Sad
Corporate (Former Employee) –  AmericaApril 13, 2016
Great mission, poorly managed.

So much potential but not managed with future in mind.

Some of the most caring people locally but corporate does not support staff and development.
Job was overwhelmingly while being under paid and
Dsps/management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2016
My experience here was horrific. This place lacks training to the nth level. Management wants and expects more than what is capable from the training that was provided. Staff are provided with no hands on training when it comes to giving meds. Supervisor unwilling to do or go extra mile to teach! Direct support staff are lazy, undependable, and uneducated. Many chances here to get fired, or catch an abuse, neglect or exploitation charge. I've been in this field and seen other agencies and this residential agency is flying by the seat of the pants. Management is rude and unprofessional and the emergency cell they give dsps to call is worthless. If you are hired for dsps or management guarantee you will be overworked and underappreciated!! DON'T TAKE THIS JOB UNLESS YOU'RE BEING EVICTED OR HOMELESS!
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
No breaks underpaid minimal training
The staff are overworked and not given the tools to do their jobs effeciently or effectively
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 17, 2016
I have been with Embassy Management for 2 years without a performance review or raise. The Management's expectation of the staff is to work until the job in done. No consideration for family time.