Embassy Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 2,157 reviews matching the search See all 2,247 reviews
ok place , to work
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2019
Most people, in different departments, where friendly, to other departments.Some, were clicquish.
Lots of turnaround, in FD, and Sales.
Operational Manager, was pompous.
General Manager, was indifferent - didn't want to be bothered.
Maintained, very well.
Pros
fed well
Cons
management, lack of flexibility
Satisfactory place to work
Lead Server/Room Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Embassy Suites is good place to work. I'm was anticipating a higher volume of guests on average. The hardest part of the job was getting off and not being able to eat on a daily basis because no discount was offered to employees.
PHM as great company to work for; as a Contractor
Controller (Former Employee) –  Arcadia CAJanuary 11, 2019
These ratings are for PHM Management and not Embassy Suites Arcadia. PHM Management has a great team and is a pleasure to work with. Friendly and great morale. Important to note again, this rating is not a reflection of Embassy Suites; only PHM Management.
Pros
Flexibility, Good pay for contract work
Cons
Not enough assignments in California
benefits made it worth it
Front Desk Agent/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2019
awesome discounts on hotel stays , average pay, PTO based on how many hours you work. hilton is a great company to work for... management of the specific hotel can make or break your experience though!!
If you like being busy a lot, this is the place for you.
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 9, 2019
Well, My last two years at Embassy Suites, the Company came under new ownership. But I really liked the concept of the Hotel work. I related the work to like being in High School. I was very busy in High school. ( Football, Swim Team, Varsity Club, Marching Band, helped Student Council when I could, ) So Like that you wear many Hats at the Hotel. I was at Embassy Suites for 14 years.
Pros
The Hotel lets you make some decisions about your work.
Cons
Expensive Health Benefits.
very productive and caring crew
intern cook (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PRJanuary 8, 2019
When I had to do my internship to graduate, I chose this place and to say that it was good is an understatement. The team that works here work very synchronized and help you clear the doubts that you might need for a task, which makes you feel like you're kind of part of the family. The management of the kitchen is really good, everyone has a part to do to make the day at work run smooth. The hardest part of the job is then a customer or party group cancels or changes something at the very last minute and we have to think of a way to use or make whatever it is that the customer wants or didn't want. The most enjoyable part of work is when you finish a very important or big ask as a group and everything is a success.
Pros
free meal
Cons
utensils might run short depending on the task
Very busy and understaffed
Lead Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CA 94080January 6, 2019
It was a very busy bar. The Hotel was understaffed which made the job a lot more difficult than necessary. However, I made good money there so that made everything else more bearable. Management was not very sympathetic their employees needs or concerns.
Poor Wages
FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Stapleton, COJanuary 5, 2019
Nice establishment, with nice staff. However, they do not pay enough for what you have to deal with. Its a part time job at best, but dont expect it to pay your bills in Denver, CO.
Pros
Nice Hotel
Cons
Poor Wages
Serving
Restaurant Attendant/Acting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Depending on what time of the day you work it can be a good way to make extra money. Not the place to work for your entire life. Plenty of time off, but not much in advancement.
Pros
Flexible on scheduling
Cons
No advancement
fun to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 1, 2019
embassy suite is a nice hotel its fun to wok.but the salary is not enough for leaving.they have a complete benefits for their employees...............

Want to know more about Embassy Suites by Hilton?

Ask a question
Fast Paced Working Environment
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 28, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of completing a long check list, checking in and out guests, solving guest problems and complaints, answering phone calls while assisting guests in person and various other tasks. I learned how to deal with people, make quick decisions, follow through with requests, work through the OnQ system, and perform refunds and financial transactions. The management was fair and had an open door policy. The culture was very fast paced and stressful. The hardest part was dealing with complaints while the property was under construction and the low staff. The most enjoyable part was being able to solve problems and assist the guests through the most difficult work days.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Under-staffed
Corporate/Association/Catering Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2018
Embassy Suites is a wonderful hotel to work for. I highly recommend it to anyone looking. Hilton is one of the better hotel brands to there with all of their hands on trainings.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no 401k
Fun environment, supportive managment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2018
Management was very supportive, non discriminatory environment. I worked almost my whole pregnancy as a bartender. The shifts can be long but with guests from a variety of countries often eventful
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 27, 2018
Management was good and very employee focused. Cared about advancement of employees and were on top of all issues. Good benefits and place to work. B++
Poor management
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 26, 2018
It was a quick turnover rate because of management did not know how to put together everybody’s time and schedules. The higher ups after I left got fired for multiple reasons and the food management manager got fired for drinking. It was a mess.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, horrible management
Worst Place to work
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 22, 2018
Never attempt to get a job here its not worth the stress or money its not one good thing to say about the job not even the other employees are not even worth the the hassle.
Be careful.
None (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2018
You think you’re going to work at a fun place because they hype it up during orientation. There was money stolen from me.. I had proof and I still didn’t get my money back. Rumors were spread, the management was poor... good work is overlooked. Never got breaks, management didn’t care. People were fired for stupid reasons but when someone breaks the code of conduct it’s just a slap on the wrist. Embassy suites are a great hotel but this actual location is terrible.
Pros
Good food
negavtive workplace
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 21, 2018
Very disrespectful and unorganized work environment. Working at Embassy Suites made me realize that I'm destined to do greater things and I deserve to be respected for my hard work and dedication
Pros
discounts on hotels and lunches
Cons
no breaks
Part time Gig
PM - Houseman/Suite Attendant/Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2018
When I spoke to the front desk agent and she told me she had her bachelors degree in hospitaility and only made $11 per hour I said to myself..."Self, pack it up!"
Pros
Guests, helping guests
Cons
The staff and the managers dont want to help. They want to sit and get paid!
Guest Service Agent
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 16, 2018
I learned how to work with multiple ethnicities and cultures in this environment. It gave me the building blocks to work in a patient setting, and allowed me to understand social situations and cultural demands better.