Embassy Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 2,085 reviews matching the search See all 2,168 reviews
Is a good place to work at
Housemen and the Lobby (Former Employee) –  Covington, VANovember 17, 2018
My job was a house man I made a lot of friends while I was working there so good place to work at and I did a Lobby I clean up help in the linear room
Supportive management at Embassy Suites
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 15, 2018
I worked in a few capacities while at Embassy Suites. When management found out that I was an MTSU student majoring in Audio Production, they transferred me to the Audio Visual Department where I set up conference meetings and special events using any number of lighting and sound equipment, either brought in from the client or furnished by the Hotel. I learned a lot and appreciated the opportunity to get my hands on this aspect of the hotel industry.
Pros
lots of incentives to do well;
Cons
A tendency to rely too heavily on people who proved competent
Work/ Life balance
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2018
The scheduling with the front desk is very unbalanced, its hard to balance life and work, plus the management team doesn't care if you have requests for days off.
benefits
Cons
management, and scheduling
Great Environment, but more Teamwork is needed.
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 14, 2018
11/14/2018

I learned while working at Embassy Suites Professionals and I worked with some of the Best Managers in my career; but at the same time lower management and seeing what I saw on a daily basis was not fair from the bottom up. More Management follow ups are needed if staff is going to remain loyal to corporation.
Pros
Very Professional Managers
Cons
Working the early morning hours
Fun
PBX /Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2018
Friendly, fun, competitive, benefits,
401 k matched training paid advancement with in the company, cross training available , Professional positive management who take time to assist all employees human resources always available uniform available with dry cleaning free of charge
Love the people here
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 12, 2018
The people that work here are awesome and make you feel right at home, my only query is not getting paid enough to live in denver and the way that some guests treat us
Okay review
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2018
The people are great, the food is alright, the management it’s okay, and the company is good. It could be better, if we could work as a team and have better communication.
productive and fun place
House keeping (Current Employee) –  schamburg IllNovember 9, 2018
good management, team work, good culture, i learn different type standard bed, sofa sleepers picking up the hardest part of the job,the most enjoyable part of the job in mornings, when you starting work with everything you need
Pros
free lunchs
If you want start over and learn
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2018
If you want to learn a new busy I suggest you try starting at Embassy Suites I learned a lot of helpful things. I also moved up during my time at embassy. I started as a temp, and worked my way up. I loved the things that I was taught. and you will too.
Pros
discounts, meal tickets
Cons
nothing to complain abt
Muy fino y elegante. Buen ambiente
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PRNovember 9, 2018
Buen ambiente acogedor para el disfrute de sus invitadoas. El empleado es muy limpio y responsable.
Good fun, exciting place to work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
I love working for the Embassy Suites - Charlotte but It's time for me find a new location as to where I can have at least every other weekend off. I very pleased I got my first experience for working with company. The training was great as well as my co workers.
Pros
once a month employee meal day, being kind and friendly to the guest
Cons
no benefits, no rotation on the weeks
Fast paced work
Housekeeper and Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 8, 2018
Fair and decent place to work. The housekeeping staff is very welcoming although mostly Spanish only speakers worked there so some communication problems.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
English barriers
Horrible Management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 6, 2018
They take advantage of salary workers, working 10+ hours a day. Seems to have a lot of financial trouble as we were unable to order supplies because prior invoices were never paid. Constantly running out of supplies needed for guests and to make the hotel run smoothly. Management is awful, they don't listen to any of your concerns and talk over you when you are trying to speak. Rude and disrespectful. Restructured several departments due to lack of money and eliminated positions. Not a way to treat people!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
long hours, bad management
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 3, 2018
Company was great , really enjoyed my self all the years I worked there. Co workers were always nice , so was the manager. Was definitely a great place to work
Easy going and relaxed with pay that matches job requirements
Chef (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 3, 2018
Working in Food & Beverage department was very laid back. You had your breakfast or dinner rushes when you were hustling to clean tables or prepare meals for guest, but majority of shift was very relaxed that did not demand a lot of effort. Friendly vibes can be felt from everyone and it is a very easy going place to work.
Very busy work
Laundy attendant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 3, 2018
Nice place to work you get lunch and a break most people were nice to work with and you may help each other to get done on time I enjoyed working here. The general manager was very pleasant my immediate supervisor was caring and took your opinion into consideration
Hated the management at the time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 1, 2018
couldnt stand the management they were disrespectful to all employs, trying to work them non stop with out a break or a lunch... the really needed to be turned in for that.
Produtive and inviting work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 1, 2018
It has been around 5 years since I left my job at Embassy Suites and to this day, it remains the best hotel that I have worked at. The management was always available to work with staff and answer questions. They were friendly, professional and constant in looking for ways to better the hotel experience as a whole. I only left this hotel because I moved out of state for a time. I would recommend this hotel to anybody searching within the industry in the Centennial area.
Pros
Free lunch, Discount benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun
Busser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2018
Great area for leisure for adults and children. who comes to work can also enjoy with the same intensity. Special attention to those who serve food, always very willing to serve you in the best way.
Pros
Happy hour and breakfast free
Cons
Parking 💰
Productive, diverse and fun workplace.
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 29, 2018
Typical day at work required me to show up in uniform and speak with my supervisor about what my daily duties were for my shift. After that, I'd begin my role of keeping the hotel clean and our guests satisfied, by attending to their requests in a timely manner. Our culture was full of diversity and it was great to work alongside these people because they showed how to be a genuine person both during and outside of work. The only time the job was difficult, was at night when guests would call the front desk who'd then inform me that someone needed service. Our company's policy was that the guest always comes first, so once I got the message from the front desk, it was my responsibility to pause my current task and go help those in need. While this extended the length of certain tasks, I agreed with the policy, because a lot of people-including myself have called for service and tend to be upset when it doesn't show up as soon as we think it should.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners, wonderful employees
Cons
Short breaks