Embassy Suites Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2018
I love working for Embassy Suites. If I choose to leave it would be due to family emergency. The hardest part of the job is long hours, most enjoyable is working as a team.
Working for Embassy Suites
Barista and Outlets Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 15, 2018
It was a temporary college job. They were flexible with my hours, but unless you work at the front desk there is no room for upward movement. I enjoyed it while I worked there, but I would not recommend it as a career.
Great for somebody that's in school
Food /beverage server (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 14, 2018
Working at Embassy Suites definitely lets you know if you're able to handle orders definitely for somebody in school or taking college classes not likely to survive off the pay or the hours
work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 14, 2018
Great place to work. Positive team members, free complimentary breakfast. I loved greeting the guests and helping bussing and helping in the kitchen for set up and clean up.
fun
Head Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 13, 2018
Great work environment. Learned a lot from my peers. Management was truly useful with guidance, training and performance. The hotel was my home away from home.
Not great leadership / they will hire and fire.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY downtownJune 13, 2018
Hotel needs new leaders and the work environment is hostile. I was told not take the job offer but I wanted to grow and have tried making several changes but no one continues the sop. hope things will change
fun work placle
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2018
we always stated with a morning meeting so we always now what events or if we have a lot of washing and drying and folding to do if the houses keeper have a lot of room to get done and making sure that we work together and make sure our guest are happy and that we get the job done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not all manager are understanding
Exemplary Caring, Leadership and Team Building Culture
Engineer/Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 6, 2018
Great Place to work in any position from associate to Management.
Everyone is rewarded and appreciated. Customers are treated with care and focus. The Team care for each other
Pros
Growth and Team Support
Cons
Time and Adaptability
Great work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 4, 2018
Awesome people!!Everyone is really great and they really really take great care of you there. The management team are wonderful......................................
Fun Place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2018
Great place to work while in school. they cared that you received your degree.

Manager created a great schedule for me to complete my tasks and enjoy school.
Fast pase
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL.June 2, 2018
Everyday you have something new going on. New guests, new groups and new problems. Like any job even on slow days there is something to do. If you like working with people this is the job for you
i really enjoyed working here but i moved back home
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company I would go to this company if I moved back to Minnesota I really love the people that work here I miss my job so much
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long breaks
Not appreciated, and under paid
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2018
I am a role model employee and I feel extremely underpaid and unappreciated. Management is extremely clicky. They only promote their friends. I havent called off a day since Ive been here, I have a bachelors degree and 3 plus years experience as a supervisor and over 15 years of customer service experience. I have worked here for over a year and somehow I am not qualified for an entry level supervisor position within this company though I have never missed work, not even 1 day or called off. And I am on time if not 10 -20 mins early every single day. If I request time off I do it months in advance..
Pros
The customers and The Hilton Brand, and pto time
Cons
Everything else
Love the people I worked
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2018
I loved the people I worked with which is why I stayed at this property for so long.
Everyone is over worked, not trained properly, and UNDER PAID!!
Even when they have an amazing worker they are run off because no one can afford to live in Austin with the pay they are receiving - you might as well work at McDonalds and get paid more and you will have less stress.
The Managers don't hold staff accountable in fear of losing staff.
People are promoted that shouldn't be while hard workers pick up the slack.
Corporate DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE they only care about the $$ and it shows.
we are a Full service hotel always working with a skeleton crew no matter what.
Pros
Cheap Hotel Rates at other properties
Cons
over worked, never staffed properly, Under paid
Productive and fast paced
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 22, 2018
Banquets events was unpredictable. Hours were up and down depending what was going on. Lifting tables and chairs was the hardest especially when it was 12 AM. The most enjoyable part was the event such as a wedding , to be apart of someone special day and to provide the customer with the best customer service.
A Typical Day At Work
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 20, 2018
I enjoy being busy so this job turned out to be a hobby. Involves heavy lifting, fast thinking, attention to detail, and excellent customer service skills. Responsibilities include: set up and preparation for the event with silverware, dishes, linens, drinks, etc; serving during the event usually either plated dishes or buffet and almost always beverage service; breakdown of the event and cleaning at the end of the shift. Involves a lot of standing on foot, lot a team work and the employees are great.
Pros
Usually free dinners, Hotel discounts for you, friends, and family
Cons
Prepare to be on foot a lot of the time
New Hotel
Catering/Convention Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2018
Working at a newly opened property is a great experience.

The struggle to staff the hotel properly can cause a stress on executing functions properly .

Huge potential for quality business and experience.

Beautiful hotel.
Pros
New Hotel in Minneaoplois
Cons
Growing pains in operating a new property.
No good management
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
HouseKeeping manager very rude and lots of discrimination only spanish speaking the whole house keeping crew! Only one supervisor who is over Housekeeping the other 2 no english I ask for help no help!
Fun place to work.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 16, 2018
A typical day while working here would be to set up the banquet room for the party and make sure the room is ready for the guests when they arrive. I have learned many different things while working here: how to set up a banquet room, how to set a table, how to serve food, how to communicate and work well with others. The management is really great and helpful with anything that you may need when it gets extremely busy. Hardest part of the job is making sure all of the guests are always happy. I enjoy this job because we get to interact with many different individuals and its awesome to see the different themed parties that come in an out of the hotel.
It was a great time of opportunity and opening my first property was exciting
Sales & Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2018
Starting out with a new property it was a very exciting time in Portland. My first opening of a brand new property. Very different market from Las Vegas however seasoned professionals and great opportunities
Pros
Great people, new horizons
Cons
small town, small property