EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management and Jobs
Supervisor, Provider Contract Configuration – QA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
At the start of EmblemHealth's reorganization and replacement of some top managers, the company was loosing members. As a result, the company started finding ways to save money by eliminating some departments and outsourcing some functions to companies with workshops in India and the Philippines.
Pros
EmblemHealth encourages healthy Living and provide career path to its employee
Cons
Too many chiefs
Executive Secretary to Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
Great company, I would recommend this company to anyone. if it was up to me I would have loved to retire from this company. the culture was awesome and my boss was great to work for.
Excellent workplace
Lead Provider Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Productive and influential workplace. I enjoy all the people and the work challenges. Remote working is very good and I am a good time manager. Workload is reasonable.
A company that encourages you to continue your education and promotes career advancement within the company
Grievance Appeals Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
My last position was challenging because we had to ensure that all Medicare inquiries were handled within the CMS timeframes and according to their guidelines. EmblemHealth encourage employees to take management and continuing education courses which I certainly did attend and the company offers tuition reimbursement as well. The work place culture improved within the last decade due to HIIPAA and PHI guidelines.
Pros
great opportunity for career advancement
Cold and quiet
Data Entry Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 12, 2018
As a temp for Emblem Health the staff is not very friendly to the temp workers, so that makes working their a little difficult. This opportunity was a great learning experience.
overall good place to work
Sr. Claims adjuster/examiner (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 11, 2018
As a claims examiner your main job is to process as many claims as possible during the day. There are different types of claims that have their own quota. The main problem I had with this is that so many questions arise that there are not clear cut answers to. Management then needs to hash it out with other higher-ups at different locations which can take a while. Quantity seems to mean more than quality in most cases. Good benefits and pay, and extensive training in the beginning.
Pros
good hours and benefits
Cons
unsureness of proper directions for claim resolution
flexible hours, workin remotely, good benefits
Director Account Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2018
Every day presents new challenges which keeps the job interesting and fresh. They was an effort to keep the meeting to one hour and stick to the agenda. Enjoyed working to exceed the customer expectations.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 3, 2018
Great place to work ! Good energy from both supervisors and piers.
hour lunch and two breaks . I recommend this place to work.
Very diverse and employees are treated fairly.
Pros
Good pay relaxed no micro managing
Cons
Good life/work balance, decent pay, questionable future
Senior Voice of the Customer/Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2018
Company has always had a good work/life balance, decent pay and decent employee morale. Some of that has changed in recent years, with bad management decisions leading to layoffs, transitioning to positions being off-shored, challenges with new systems being implemented amid the complex health environment. Depending on which area you are employed, organization can have good opportunities for training/leadership skills or very limited opportunities for those as well as advancement. I've been fortunate to be in the former group, and have mostly enjoyed my time at the company. However, future is in doubt with turnover and knowledge gap in employees, including off-shoring many key positions, and not holding enough senior management accountable.
Pros
Work Life/Balance
Cons
culture difficulty and knowledge gap with new offshore positions, takes too long to make meaningful changes to address process inefficiencies
The workplace changed drastically after the merger.
Computer Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
H.I.P. was a great place in many ways to work. Once the merger with G.H.I. took place, there were many changes that lead to cutbacks; and, ultimately outsourcing of many departments including the one I worked in. I had a good run and learned (and, taught) a lot along the way.
Pros
A great place to interact with others to learn new technologies.
Cons
Company was not able to navigate through rough times without drastic cuts.
EmblemHealth Work Experience
Executive Assistant to SVP of Medical Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10041May 14, 2018
EmblemHealth is a well cultured arena which adds to the diversity of the company. This allows the company to be in alignment with the needs of the clients that they serve. Which providing an excellent platform for those seeking health services. An average work day would consist of contact with members ensuring any issues were resolved in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours during the course of the day to address all issues assigned. The most rewarding aspect of the job was being able to help members that were not familiar with medical policies and assuring them they were covered. EmblemHealth gave me the opportunity to interact and help people with sometimes difficult situations.
Pros
Excellent learning experience
Cons
Not enough staff
Good contract to have seasonally
Licensed Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 24, 2018
I worked through a staffing agency and working for EmblemHealth was a time spent well. Managers worked with their team to ensure day-to-day collaboration and success.
EmblemHealth is a privately held company that provides affordable and quality health benefits to individuals, families, and businesses.
Business Analyst - Data Hub Solution (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
Despite the tough times, there are still a lot of motivated and skilled workers here at Emblem. I have the fortune to be in an amazing team, my manager and director are really knowledgeable and hardworking. They inspire me at work, provide timely feedback, and support me to take on new challenges. I enjoy working here, a few more pros to highlight: competitive paid, friendly co-workers, on-site GYM, beautiful location, relaxed dress code.
Pros
Cons
The IT department is out sourced, it can take a really long time to get access or request service to fix problem
located at good part of menhatten
Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
This is nice place to work, business is very knwolablge and once get lot to understand and learn lot. Once a project is done manegment finds new project for you.
Pros
located at good part of menhatten
Cons
non
productive
Direct Marketing /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 18, 2018
I was hiered as a tem, I was contracted from a temp agency, the job was fast paced, they offered me to stay however the hours were not flexable but a great place to work
Pros
good people
Cons
hours are not flexable
Excellent Company to Work For - Terrible Manager
Manager, Mainframe QA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
Emblem Health is an excellent company to work for. It felt like the atmosphere of a company I worked for over 10 years earlier. More of a small business feel, with none of the pressures of having to be constantly online or oncall.

My intention was to work at Emblem Health until I retired, but I had a terrible manager and was laid off during the 3 month probation period. If I had been hired by a different manager I might still be working there.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, work/life balance
Cons
Only the manager I worked for.
A place of growth and change
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
The company is a good place to lean and develop your skills and industry knowledge. The employees work as a team and support each other in their efforts. The company’s mission is to improve the customers’ experiences in health care.
Graet working Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
Great team work and overall environment. Mangers are quite helpful and leads are also very helpful and explain things well. I had a great time as a consultant there.
I worked at EmblemHealth for nine years
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
I worked at EmblemHealth for nine years and I enjoyed my work life there I was forced to leave because my department was outsourced. Exposure to Health Insurance Industry.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Department outsourced
Emblem was fun to work at until @ Sept of 2017 - Management changed
Individual Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
Was a great work environment, for many years, however, more recently there was a change in management which changed the style of selling. More specifically, the VP of sales left the company and the culture has changed dramatically
Pros
good salary and benefits, after being there for years
Cons
As with many sales jobs....its all about the #'s

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmblemHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight