EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
No direction from directors and very fragmented. Not transparent. Always focused on doing the working last minute instead of understanding what should be done.
Large company
Supervisor (Non-Clinical) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
Very large plan with many different departments, but does not focus on compliance or policies and procedures.
Does not value employee moral.
Great health and time off benefits
Cut throat company with poor management once merged with HIP
Rather not say. (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10041March 8, 2018
GHI was a company that had it together. When GHI merged with HIP to become EmblemHealth it was he worse decision that they made. Even the doctors were questioning why would GHI merge with the worse run Healthcare company.
The managers are terrible and are managers because of relationships they have with other people in the company not because of their skills.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat, Militaristic, stressful and unbearable
Good Work Flexibility
Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2018
The company is good on job flexibility allowing for a range of telecommute options (like work from home 1 - 5 days/week). The company went to a casual dress code in 2016.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
Lack of opportunities
The company is financially failing.
Confidential (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2018
There are many informed, hard working professionals at EmblemHealth. There is certainly significant dedication. I hope things work out for those people. The concern is that EmblemHealth is financially failing. However since it is a government owned, the losses may NOT lead to a company shut down.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Failure is causing high stress.
Was a great place to work, but politics took over and compancy is struggling.
VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Trying not to be too negative, but the place became toxic and a good number of very good people ended up leaving as a result. Its a union company for clerical operations, which employ too many lazy people who are impossible to get rid of.
Pros
Not much in the end.
Cons
Too many to list, see other indeed reviewes.
excellent
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
I would still be there is I didn't get laid off in 2010. Since then I have not found another company to work for like Emblem. I enjoyed the people too.
Pros
growth
Cons
can get laid off anytime
Excellent experience
Senior Director of Adjudication / EDI Systems (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Working at Emblem was an excellent experience. A Senior Management decision was made to outsource all of IT with the exception of a handful of EPMO employees
Pros
Excellent work life balance, competative salaries, excellent team work
Cons
Systems were older, funding for moderization was limited
Emblem Health is an Insurance company
Microsoft Exchange Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
If you can't understand the summary. I will spell it out for you. Tech is not understood there. So if you like Tech and not the overall lack of understanding for your work. Maybe look elsewhere.
Productive Workplace
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I like the staff I worked with and the overall experience was great. Managers lacked character and overall professionalism, but the rest was great. Look forward to working at a place similar to this, again.

Want to know more about EmblemHealth?

Ask a question
Good overall organization
Director, Government Programs Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Good overall organization. Collaborative ideas, but poor time management. Constant meetings about meetings, and would leave little to no time for work/life balance
Diverse and detail oriented. Fast paced
Quality Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Monitor daily inbound calls from all call centers.
Report on 3 areas of observations: Soft Skills, Accuracy, Policy/Procedure
Provide monthly audit and full evaluation and feedback on inbound customer service calls for all call centers (9)
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
long commute
decent Health insurance company
Underwriting Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
This company allows you to work from home when need be so its easy to manage home and work life. Some managers will do what they need to do for their employees while others don't care.
Was great at first and then downhill
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Emblemhealth used to be a great place to work. Unionized workforce. Pride. Community involvement. Great pay and work/life balance. Business casual atmosphere. This all changed over a short years. The company began hiring from the bottom of the labor pool. Fast food workers with little to no pride. Pajama bottoms became the normal work attire. The public bus system drops off 15x the amount of employees compared to when I first started (and we had 3x the number of employees when I started). The office is filled with bed bugs (no joke) and has been sprayed numerous times. The union's stance is that we are lucky to even have jobs. Co-workers who only have a customer's best interests in mind are fired for paying claims that the company feels should not be paid.
Pros
Work and life balance, good pay and benefits
Cons
Bed bugs, less than desirable new hires
Micro managed
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Pay is decent but it's only a 35 hour work week. 6 month probation with no time off not for a dr. Appt. If your a minute late it's an occurrence. The job it's self isn't bad but training was horrible you barely learned anything to help you on the floor.
I got paid for my work
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Over all, I can say I was paid for my work. I enjoyed the fact that I was able to walk to work.
I was able to bring about some positive improvements but there were some staff who were more willing to put more energy into resisting than improving. I did have a great manager and VP. My Practice Adm. was also very good and supportive.
Pros
I could walk to work all of 8 minutes
Cons
It's difficult to change staff behavior.
Interesting and very fast paced
Customer Service Representative/Recovery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Interesting and very fast paced
Management keeps up updated with new rules and regulations
Some of my co-workers were very helpful
Overall, it was intense
Pros
coupons for lunch discount, gym membership discount
Cons
You have to stay at your desk all the times--that comes with the job position.
Temp Assignment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
This was a temporary assignment. I enjoyed working here. I had a sense of returning to what I was most interesting in doing. I enjoyed being in claims processing environment. I was very disappointed that I was not offered a permanent position.
Pros
Working in my element
Cons
It was a temporary assignment
Great environment.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work, need more opportunities for advancement. Middle management needs to mentor staff and build employees morale and confidence. 4 out of 5.
good enviroment to work
quality method claims analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Emblem was a very good place to worked it is a multiculture work place. I enjoyed the time working there at emblem i learned a lot. it's a great company to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmblemHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight