Embraer

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Embraer Employee Reviews

Great exposure to Aerospace Industry
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 12, 2019
Always gained knowledge and critical thinking within my role at the company. I have gained exposure to many parts of the business and have enjoyed my time working as a Purchasing Agent.
It is a good place to work
Accounts Payable Processor - Global Logistics (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL, USFebruary 18, 2019
Room for advancement and growth along with training and travel with the company.
Pros
Great matching 401k contribution
Cons
Culture Difference
Excellent Company!
Executive Jets (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Love Embraer! Has been an excellent experience, great team, excellent pay, great leadership and the best products in the industry. Have a great time working with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
Decent place to wprk
Aircraft Assembly Technician II (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FL, USJanuary 7, 2019
the only complaint i have of working here is i wish 2nd shift had the same resources that is available on day shift. while working 2nd shift some jobs have to be put on hold because the person in charge of doing a certain task is only in during day shift.
Pros
The people
Cons
Poor personnel coverage
Fantastic HR department and management.
AOG Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTDecember 3, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Embraer. fun co-worker. good atmosphere. great benefits. fantastic open door policy. hacky sack on breaks with co-workers is a must.
Good
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 31, 2018
It is a good place to work, there is not much engineering, but in the manufacturing and industrial engineering side of production there is plenty of opportunities for new engineers to come and improve process.
A great enviroment to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 29, 2018
This was a great company family orientated, well balance and respected by there peers and other fortune 500 companies.They had great compensation for rewards to there employees. You could easy move up to other position if you had great credentials working in house , more or less a proven record to achieve and create better values for you and the company.Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
free lunches & good profit share
Cons
health care breaks was defenitley a pet pea.
No room for advancement
SR. DESKSIDE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 10, 2018
As the Sr. Desk Side Technician, There is not way to move up. I am at the max salary for my position. I need to move out of the company to earn more.
fast pace company
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2018
started the day out with a group meeting, get your daily task for that day. Count your tools in the tool box , and start your day , with the task that was given to you .
Cons
long hours, 65 hours a week
Competitive and challenging work place.
Aviation Buyer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 18, 2018
Embraer is currently in the middle of restructuring. It’s a great company to be a part of. Definitely need to become competitive again since other companies have brought up their salaries.
overall its good
Aviation assembly technician (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLJuly 12, 2018
It was a good place to work at, but the cost of living in the area was not worth it unless you bought a house.
Fun and Exciting
Aircraft Assembler (Tech 2) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FloridaJuly 10, 2018
You're building airplanes, It is fun and exciting. I think the only problem was the promises made took longer to happen or never happened at all. After my probationary period, I was still left on contract because the company "didn't foresee moves". So my family didn't get the benefits promised and I was given a title less than the experience I brought to the company. Other than that, they helped me when I needed time off and it was fun.
Good coworkers but deceitful hiring practices and bad management
Product Development Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 8, 2018
As some might know already, Boeing is in the process of acquiring part of Embraer or Embraer as a whole. This has led to alot of uncertainty and the everyday operation of some divisions of the company to be virtually on hold.

I was part of the division that is basically on hold. I was initially hired to work developing a new product that never took off. That was 7 months ago. My manager never provided any type of timeline. It was as is if by not talking about it, we would forget that were wasting our time.

My skills were getting very rusty because for 7 months, there was no real engineering work or development. If you are a young engineer seeking career development and advancement, Embraer is not for you.

Embraer engaged in deceitful hiring practices. I was told that raises will be given 4 months after my start date. This was never the case and the tactic was used to persuade me to accept an unfavorable job offer. Make sure that all concessions are written in your contract.
Pros
Great matching 401k contribution, 3 weeks vacations to start.
Cons
No career advancement or development. No leadership.
Family Like Place To Work
A&P Technician II (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 5, 2018
I love working at Embraer. Mentoring is the norm and colleagues on my shift are seen as equals. More importantly, everyone on the shift looks out for one another. I would recommend anyone who is a hard worker and fast learner to work here at the Mesa AZ facility.
Pros
Generous Time Off, Great Pay, Awesome people
Cons
None that I can think of except IT services could use some update.
Productive environment
Sr. Accountant -Manufacturing/Private (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 18, 2018
Team is very relevant at Embraer! Deadlines are achievable and they promote from within. The core values are always acknowledged and the company is doing well as growth scales. The joint venture with Boeing is an exciting development.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Product Development Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2018
I found while employed by Embraer, that I was part of the Embraer family which provided me with a great deal of self esteem and the desire to provide them with the best I was able to offer in order to improve the Embraer product and team work within the engineering group as well as providing the Embraer MRO facilities a positive outlook for the support that the Embraer After-Market Engineering Group can provide each of their facilities.
Enjoyable
Mechanic IV (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2018
This is a very good company to work for. Besides having multiple location around the country and world to work, they have very completitive wages and benefits.
good place to work
Contract Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2018
good place to work and healthy working environment with a lot of friendly people. Management is concern not only about work but the health of the people
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive and fun workplace
pay by hour.
friendly team
Don't work there
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 10, 2018
Terrible place to work. They are in trouble financially. They expected me to work until midnight when everyone else left at 5. How can you do any work if no one is around to meet with. Many many accounting issues and accounting system issues. Management is terrible. No accounting knowledge from management what so ever. Avoid this place at all costs.
Benefits
Cons
work environment, awful management