Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Employee Reviews

Best Aviation University
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 12, 2018
I have been an Associate Professor since 2004. One of the best part time jobs ever. You can do it from any place in the world. This is a great part time or retirement job.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Salary has gone down a lot since 2004
cooperative and collaborative work environment
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 23, 2018
Collaborative and cooperative work environment, requires effective time management skills, good decision-making skills, consistence in decision-making practices
Rewarding work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 16, 2018
You must love to teach in an online environment to do well if you are hired to teach online. The compensation is average compared to other schools and you will have to be doing something else in addition to it if you want to make a living.
Good place to gain experience
Physics Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 15, 2018
The physics lab teaching assistant position provides opportunities to gain experience in taking knowledge from the classroom and applying it to a teaching role.
I only interned for a few months
Intern (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 7, 2018
I honestly have no idea how to skip this and I only interned there for about two months two or so years ago, I have no idea what it's like to work there
Enjoyable place to work with considerable days off
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 2, 2018
I enjoy working at Embry Riddle. I like that we get a week off during Christmas and New Year. We also get to work 4/10hour days during the summer with Fridays off. I have learned the FAA Part 147 part of the inducstry. Management is ok, but I feel it could be better overall. Culture in the workplace is excellent. My job is not difficult and I would welcome a challenge, but it is very busy and I like that.
Pros
total amount of days off
Cons
pay scale
Great Place
Academic Advancement Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 14, 2018
I worked here as I was a student at the time. I enjoyed every minute of the work I was doing as a student researcher. I worked on various research projects
ERAU is evil
School Certifying Official (Former Employee) –  weafdeaswrawefApril 11, 2018
I have nothing good to say about a private institution of learning that only cares about money...there is really not much else to say other then 1. its a private institution and 2. they are all for profit!
Pros
Cons
As many as you can think of...
Pleasant co-workers
Adjunct English Instructor (Adjunct pool) (Former Employee) –  OnlineMarch 27, 2018
I worked as an adjunct.I had a great director who helped me to get a foot in the door and took the time to make sure I was comfortable and doing well.
Dont work here...
IDD-WW (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 21, 2018
Don't work there unless you are in upper management. No room for growth. No diversity. Directors lie to your face, and even worse behind your back....
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No diversity
Entry Level Job for some extra cash
Worldwide Veteran Affairs, Work Study (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 20, 2018
The job tends to be slow but when there is an uptick it comes on fast. I did improve many computer skills that definitely help in the office space/desk job position. Management was solid and always willing to help. The environment tended to be veterans so the environment was very fitting to me.
Pros
Lax atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Coach
Captain/Coach for Field Events (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 16, 2018
Took upon myself to help others in my event to succeed in jumping. I do not get paid to do this. I am currently under scholarship by the school, so taking this responsibility was just to help.
Taught undergraduate aeronautical science students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 9, 2018
Taught undergraduate calculus to aeronautical science students. It was fun teaching and learning at the same time. It is a good place to work. It will be nice to get teaching job there again. You need PHD.
Structured Curriculum
Adjunct Faculty (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2018
This university is a progressive pro-faculty pro-student organization. They are constantly encouraging faculty to develop their staff. As a part time adjunct I don't really have the opportunity to participate in all their opportunities, but I could if I wanted to.
Work Hours
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Great work hours, however very poor job advancement opportunities. They do provide tuition assistance and allow you to take your days off when you need them.
Leader in Aviation Education
Assistant Center Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
You cannot beat the education offered at ERAU. Good degree program selection and excellent professors. The staff cares about the students and works hard to guide them. We worked as a team and helped each other in a positive environment.
Average day
Faculty Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Well, the average day consist of coming in, reading over emails to see what is needed and what fires need to be put out. The job is good, but need one where I can advance.
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
no advancing
Challenging and Rewarding Experience
Executive Assistant to SVP (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2018
In my position at the university every day brought with it new challenges. I learned to work with a variety of people of different skill levels and education and was lucky to have had some amazing leadership to work with. I was able to do everything from event planning to scheduling and enjoyed working with and meeting many people in my time there.
Very professional organization
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did at this organization and felt very supported by the management as a whole. Communication was quick and operations were streamlined. I would recommend this organization.
Great organization to work for
FAA Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2018
The company really takes care of the employees. It is a wonderful environment to work in. I have moved twice within the company and I have also managed to get a degree at no cost and was able to spend up to 3 hours per week in class.
Pros
Great benefits