EmCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Too Much Favoritism and Poor Management
Title Unknown (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 7, 2018
The company can be great as long as there is proper management in place. HR was NOT confidential AT ALL! Management in regards to racial balance, is completely unbalanced.
Pros
The CEO was awesome and understanding.
Cons
Management, including HR, was a disaster.
Wonderful work environment and encouraging management
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  HackettstownMarch 12, 2018
Typical day includes data collection, report managing, doctor training, and fielding calls and communication between corporate, the doctors, and hospital. Wonderful managers and cooperative environment.
Pros
Great hours and location
Cons
None so far
Loved the job
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 14, 2018
I really liked this job. It was in the field that I was going to school for. I learned alot from the job. Unfortunately I was working 3 jobs and had to let one go. Which this was the one.
fun job
Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXJanuary 11, 2018
enjoyed working for Emcare. good communication and guidance with the medical director. enjoyed working with the administration and nursing staff. contact with Emcare was awesome
Work your own hours
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80111January 6, 2018
EmCare in a very life managing place to work, you are allowed to set your own hours to work around your schedule. My supervisor was very supportive and understanding. The work place was very friendly, but I had my own office so it was nonstressful to get away and read the charts mostly undisturbed.
Pros
Office space
Cons
tracking doctors
Enjoyed
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed this job, and the people that I worked with. My supervisor was understanding of family and work balance. The only reason I left, is due to a change in contract, and my position was eliminated.
Large Company- feel lost in communication at times
provider in Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 4, 2017
It is very difficult to communicate with the higher corporate management as it is a huge company and they often repetitively ask for documents they have misplaced or can't find that you've already submitted etc
Good potential but bad working environment.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Made more money here than any other job but it was a tough environment to work in. It was a cutthroat environment with a lot of drama. If not for that I thought it could have been a great place to work.
Flexible hours
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33764August 29, 2017
Flexible hours, easy job, ability to interact with other medical team. Training provided in person and on computer systems. Great part time job for 2nd income.
emergency physician
Attending Physician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 27, 2017
We want to relocate to Washington State
from washington state
Love washington state

trying to fill 150 characters so I can move on to the next step of this process
Temporary Office help
Enrollment Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 31, 2017
A typical day at work was Data Entry. Sometimes there were other projects such as putting together binders, copying, making calls to various people and doctors, retrieving information from them. Searching for codes, entering information into a database and making sure that all the information was correct.

I left this temporary job to move to Texas.
This company's mission is to give quality patient care.
Hospitalist Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 3, 2017
A typical day at work is usually very busy. I was not micromanaged and my supervisor had the confidence in me that I could handle most situations on my own. The workplace was casual but professional. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the work load. The enjoyable part was the events that the company had for the employees to bring balance to the work place.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
Some requests from other departments were challenging.
Great company to work for would recommend
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 6, 2017
I have worked for Emcare for 14 years , it is a company that provides hospitals with ER physicians and a biller. I have enjoyed my time with Emcare but unfortunately the contract I am at is ending and there is no new contract here in Md. to move me too .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Good company to work for
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMay 27, 2017
Good pay. Many opportunities for advancement. Employee driven company, employee recognition. Flexible schedules. Respect for their employees. Benefits not to good. Location is okay.
Growing company
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2017
Growing company. Busy work environment. With the sudden growth it is tending to lose touch with employees. Fair benefits but not great. Good opportunity
Fun and friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 9, 2017
Fun and friendly environment. Management is positive and easy to work with as well as communicate. Annual facility offsite events which are very nice.
Good place for long term employment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
Overall, it's a good place to work. Works keeps you busy and there very minimal downtime. Limited structure which allows for freedom when performing daily tasks. Some high turnover in certain departments. Wish executive management would care more about lower level employees as they can be dishonest at times and not disclose information about changes within the company. Pay is not great and annual increases don't amount to much. Hard work does not get rewarded.
Pros
Flexibility, career growth, nice people
Cons
Bad executive management, low pay, info regarding changes is not communicated well and often withheld
Great company to work for
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 2, 2017
EmCare actually makes you feel valued as an employee. The leadership is great and the benefits are as well. They also have lots of employee incentives. The job itself can get a little boring depending on what you actually do within the company.
Pros
employee incentives, benefits, leadership
Cons
job can be a bit boring
Competitive and growing
Lead Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Very nice company that continues to grow. I have enjoyed being an employee here and the positive atmosphere there. The company is very challenging, in a good way, and can be very flexible with their employees when warranted.
Large provider of physician services
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 22, 2017
The culture is relentlessly corporate. For an excellent introduction to political games, I cannot recommend this company enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.