EMCOR Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 10, 2018
This is by far the WORST company I have ever worked for. There's a constant revolving door with people leaving and new faces. Most new hires don't stay longer than 6 months. Even the most recent program manager left after just 3 days! Management is extremely cutthroat and constantly playing the blame game and will blast you in emails to all the managers and even some customers as well! Highly unprofessional and hostile work environment. This used to be a fantastic place to work, but not anymore and I'm currently looking because of this. The benefits are utterly useless. And I had also saw in another review that they offer company functions. No. No they don't. Those functions are paid for by the employees. They will lie and cheat you any way they can. We recently got some incentive bebefits that they played off like they offered them out of the kindness of their hearts, but I had found out that because it's a government facility, those benefits were required to give under federal law, not out of the goodness of Emcors hearts. Furthermore, they enable lazy and incompetent technicians and chastise those that actually want to work and do the job right and rarely provide any actual training for certificates in many fields. Even when you ask for training that pertains to your job. Keep looking for another place. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...
Pros
Cafeterias on site
Cons
Please see review...
Nice place to work.
Mobile Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2018
This was a good company to work for, but as time went on it just got a little aggravating to work there. So I decided to part ways. For this job I actually took care of bank property as far as light repair small plumbing problems minor HVAC and mean really minor problems. Also vault combination changes and safe box drills and also locksmith duties.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
Management can be a hassle.
Company is too large to feel respected on the bottom
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 5, 2018
Not much room for advancement
Empty promises from management
More focused on company growth than employee growth
My immediate coworkers are great but upper management doesn't seem to care too much about the small people, we are just numbers.
Influential Company
Residential Realtor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTNovember 8, 2018
EMCOR owns New England Mechanical Services. The same supportive environment exists in both companies. As with New England Mechanical Services, employee safety is of utmost importance
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Extremely long commute
Okay Place
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 12, 2018
Good place to work. Lots of room for improvement though. Some decisions have been made without a lot of transparency, but besides that it's not a bad place to make a living.
fast pace handling emergency calls and dealing with customer
HVAC Foreman (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2018
answering multiple hvac related work orders, lots of hands on work.
relaying information to customers of progress made. updating information into maximo. getting the tech's prepared for the work to be done. overseeing jobs including QC.
Technicians are amazing
Outside Sales and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTOctober 1, 2018
Team of technicians are fantastic. Easy to work with and very knowledgeable. Operations management is fantastic. Emergency service for clients after hours is excellent.
A lot to learn in the company
Maintenance Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 22, 2018
A great company to pursue knowledge in the maintenance field. There is a diverse workplace culture and great team work. The greatest part of being an Emcor employee is the positive relationship that is made with the customer
Pros
overtime offered
Former technician
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2018
They have very poor in knowledgeable management that will say they care about your quality of life but they don’t. No room for advancement unless you can not do your job and they promote you up. Upper management has very little education in anything in this trade. Very poor attitude from management and seem they only hire people that management has previously worked with. You are denied any chance of promotion if you are a good worker. If your injured on job they push you around to try to sign off from compensation. Worst work environment ever!!
Fast paced
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 30, 2018
Great place to work and was very flexible when there were family issued that arises,.

Work area was very clean and kept nice. Highly recommend. workplace
Disappointing opportunity
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 30, 2018
This was a stressful environment based on management. You were treated unfairly based on factors that had nothing to do with your work. Younger generation mistreated and wasn't worth your self respect. Don't even bother to waste your time here
Fast work pace was required
Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 21, 2018
It was a difficult work situation, supervisor and leader payroll clerk kept every one upset and worried for their job, therefore you worked many hours of overtime trying to please them. Never knew when you would be terminated.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
lunch times were controlled by lead payroll clerk
Good pay but poor Mobile Tech management
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
Working as a Mobile Service Tech was good, the pay was good to start too. But it became apparent over time, that any OT jobs were going to be done by one specifically chosen tech and the Mobile tech manager. It didn't matter whose territory it was located, you most likely were not going to get the OT job. So that was very unfair and just not right.

I believe that the senior manager for our area was not aware of the way that the OT jobs were being assigned. The favoritism made for a bad atmosphere.

EMCOR is also actually made up of multiple company's nationwide, so not everyone hired under the EMCOR name may actually work for them but could go to work for another company under their name too.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Unfounded favoritism for OT jobs
Fast paced Construction company
PPM Office Manager / Payroll (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEAugust 3, 2018
Very busy with long days and hectic at times. But it is also very rewarding with good benefits and good people. There is a lot of travel involved in the industry, so you can see places you never thought of. Overall, it is a fun industry to be in if you are the traveling type.
I don’t want to revhew
Capture Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 23, 2018
I would not recommend this company to females. They do not treat them fairly and regularly like to employees. Until there is a change in management, it is not a good place to work.
Positive, if short, experience
ASSOCIATE OFFICER, Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYJuly 15, 2018
I spent less than one year with the company so my review, while objective, may be limited. The size of the company was fairly small and the culture was almost "familiar". The entire staff was based in one Westchester, NY, based site and everyone knew everyone else from CEO down.
The people are great.
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
The people I worked with are unforgettable. I learned so much from working with them. The willingness to help you and teach you if you are unfamiliar is incredible.
System Integration Analyst / Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
nothing to say. they do offer company get togethers. Employees are nice and get along with them. No room for advancement. Great if you are looking for job
not a good place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 21, 2018
Had worked for Emcor 1 year. It seems there are allot of promises. too many bosses yelling and screaming and allot of favoritism.not team players at all. Always worrying about what the other guys are doing. As of today the whole crew of 7 have quit..
Pros
Nothing from Emcor
Cons
very short breaks and benefits you have to work a year for 1 week off.
Vesta
I work at VESTA (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2018
I worked as Mechanical Mechanic where I learned more than ever and was given the opportunity to go to school which I received Universal EPA Certification. I would have tried to get more training but the opportunity was never right, but given the opportunity now I would have tried to succeed. There were workers gatherings that I attended, and on one or two occasions we were rewarded bonus or sometime turkey for gifts which was very thoughtful. However, there was one incident when I worked at the Reagan Building and was transferred, to EMCOR Government Service in Washington, DC. I had a incident that caused me to be removed, when in actuality the other person should have been removed, and it went downhill from there, where I finally got removed. I tried to fight to keep my job but unfortunately I was removed. I am now working in a residential apartment as a Residential Maintenance Mechanic and what I learned from EMCOR I took with me, and so my surprise I've used those talents. I do hope to get back into Preventive Maintenance so that I may make a difference. I only wish it was handled much more professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCOR. Our community is ready to answer.