EMCOR Employee Reviews

Fast paced Construction company
PPM Office Manager / Payroll (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEAugust 3, 2018
Very busy with long days and hectic at times. But it is also very rewarding with good benefits and good people. There is a lot of travel involved in the industry, so you can see places you never thought of. Overall, it is a fun industry to be in if you are the traveling type.
I don’t want to revhew
Capture Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 23, 2018
I would not recommend this company to females. They do not treat them fairly and regularly like to employees. Until there is a change in management, it is not a good place to work.
Positive, if short, experience
ASSOCIATE OFFICER, Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYJuly 15, 2018
I spent less than one year with the company so my review, while objective, may be limited. The size of the company was fairly small and the culture was almost "familiar". The entire staff was based in one Westchester, NY, based site and everyone knew everyone else from CEO down.
The people are great.
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
The people I worked with are unforgettable. I learned so much from working with them. The willingness to help you and teach you if you are unfamiliar is incredible.
System Integration Analyst / Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
nothing to say. they do offer company get togethers. Employees are nice and get along with them. No room for advancement. Great if you are looking for job
not a good place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 21, 2018
Had worked for Emcor 1 year. It seems there are allot of promises. too many bosses yelling and screaming and allot of favoritism.not team players at all. Always worrying about what the other guys are doing. As of today the whole crew of 7 have quit..
Pros
Nothing from Emcor
Cons
very short breaks and benefits you have to work a year for 1 week off.
Vesta
I work at VESTA (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2018
I worked as Mechanical Mechanic where I learned more than ever and was given the opportunity to go to school which I received Universal EPA Certification. I would have tried to get more training but the opportunity was never right, but given the opportunity now I would have tried to succeed. There were workers gatherings that I attended, and on one or two occasions we were rewarded bonus or sometime turkey for gifts which was very thoughtful. However, there was one incident when I worked at the Reagan Building and was transferred, to EMCOR Government Service in Washington, DC. I had a incident that caused me to be removed, when in actuality the other person should have been removed, and it went downhill from there, where I finally got removed. I tried to fight to keep my job but unfortunately I was removed. I am now working in a residential apartment as a Residential Maintenance Mechanic and what I learned from EMCOR I took with me, and so my surprise I've used those talents. I do hope to get back into Preventive Maintenance so that I may make a difference. I only wish it was handled much more professional.
Thankful for the job !
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 20, 2018
Great place to make a living...
Honesty could be improved upon at management level.
Keep your word or go back to the person and explain why you would back pedal on something you said to an employee.
Great company
Lead Technician / Mobile Mechanic -Rhode Island (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2018
Overall happy with this company . Career advancement and opportunity available. Flexible hours and good salary. Good benefits and PTO. Overall very happy working here.
Run!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Paul,mNMay 15, 2018
Poor management,No raises,benifits suck. Highly recommend looking elsewhere. No recognition for job well done,Sucks the life out of you! Management lies and creates drama
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor benefits and opportunity for a raise
Master Electrician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
My job is productive each day; I attribute to the company's policy and try to maintain an excellent working relationship with my co workers and managers.
Good environment supported you
Data Specialist, Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 23, 2018
Very good environment, Good support and communication from management. Open space work area. Consistent hours. Provided training. Good benefits flexible to employee needs.
very competitive inviroment
DMLSS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 18, 2018
very fast paced enviroment, not alot of cross training for new hires, great place to start a career though and get your feet wet. enjoyed working here for over 6 yeas just feel like ive been placed in a box no room to grow past anything.
Low Pay, Poor Service
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
Very poor raises. Some employees receive $0.05. Everything is based on volume as they do not really care what type of service is given or if the repairs are substandard and not to spec.
Pros
Work is steady, busy all day.
Cons
Benefits are expensive, raises minimal.
A fair place to work
Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 8, 2018
Productive, fun some days. A very busy place. High demand. We had to provide a variety of reports by deadlines. Work was vary demanding and a lot was time sensitive.
Management was good,everyone gets along
Technician (Former Employee) –  CtApril 6, 2018
I worked at Emcor NEMSI for 16 years All in all it was a good place to work.Company Ipad,uniforms,plenty of paid time off,the techs got along and helped each other out,very little drama.Safety program was a bit too much.Training was great.Work load varied from crazy busy to very slow.I moved on to another company for more money and consistent hours. I would recommend NEMSI to a friend.Great place to learn and work.
Ohmstede - Revolving Door
Glorified Paper Pusher and Tree Killer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAApril 5, 2018
No raises, poor management and lack of evolving into the 21 century. Worst manufacturing/fabrication company I’ve ever worked for. There wasn’t any sort of training and mentors at with the Sulphur and Beaumont shops. I saw many good people leave due to bad management.
EMPLOYEES STAY AWAY.... unless you don’t require cost of living increase and/or raises, and training.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management and direction
Work Quality and Customer Satifaction is a Mandatory!
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2018
The work colture here at EMCOR-MsI is a very close net group and everyone helps each other. There’s no klicks and your work quality is what counts. Management can sometimes be strict those that don’t pull their waight aren’t here long.

One issue is not allowing Union Workers the option of signing up for company 401k because they already supply union pension.
Pros
Culture and Steady work hours
Cons
Union workers not allowed 401k because company already paying pension
It was fun at first, but very stressful now.
Financial Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 26, 2018
EMCOR is a good company to work for. They pay very well, but people are being laid off due to the company not doing well. There's no room for CAREER ADVANCEMENT.
Pros
Great employees and wonderful support staff
Cons
Paper towels and plates are no more provided in the kitchen.
Management very well
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2018
Liked the employee and employer. Good place to work work environment for the employees appears no ventilation.........................................
Pros
Mission to get the work done
Cons
Not a good work environment..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCOR. Our community is ready to answer.