EMCOR Employee Reviews

Thankful for the job !
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 20, 2018
Great place to make a living...
Honesty could be improved upon at management level.
Keep your word or go back to the person and explain why you would back pedal on something you said to an employee.
Great company
Lead Technician / Mobile Mechanic -Rhode Island (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2018
Overall happy with this company . Career advancement and opportunity available. Flexible hours and good salary. Good benefits and PTO. Overall very happy working here.
Run!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Paul,mNMay 15, 2018
Poor management,No raises,benifits suck. Highly recommend looking elsewhere. No recognition for job well done,Sucks the life out of you! Management lies and creates drama
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor benefits and opportunity for a raise
Master Electrician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
My job is productive each day; I attribute to the company's policy and try to maintain an excellent working relationship with my co workers and managers.
Good environment supported you
Data Specialist, Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 23, 2018
Very good environment, Good support and communication from management. Open space work area. Consistent hours. Provided training. Good benefits flexible to employee needs.
very competitive inviroment
DMLSS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 18, 2018
very fast paced enviroment, not alot of cross training for new hires, great place to start a career though and get your feet wet. enjoyed working here for over 6 yeas just feel like ive been placed in a box no room to grow past anything.
Low Pay, Poor Service
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
Very poor raises. Some employees receive $0.05. Everything is based on volume as they do not really care what type of service is given or if the repairs are substandard and not to spec.
Pros
Work is steady, busy all day.
Cons
Benefits are expensive, raises minimal.
A fair place to work
Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 8, 2018
Productive, fun some days. A very busy place. High demand. We had to provide a variety of reports by deadlines. Work was vary demanding and a lot was time sensitive.
Management was good,everyone gets along
Technician (Former Employee) –  CtApril 6, 2018
I worked at Emcor NEMSI for 16 years All in all it was a good place to work.Company Ipad,uniforms,plenty of paid time off,the techs got along and helped each other out,very little drama.Safety program was a bit too much.Training was great.Work load varied from crazy busy to very slow.I moved on to another company for more money and consistent hours. I would recommend NEMSI to a friend.Great place to learn and work.
Ohmstede - Revolving Door
Glorified Paper Pusher and Tree Killer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAApril 5, 2018
No raises, poor management and lack of evolving into the 21 century. Worst manufacturing/fabrication company I’ve ever worked for. There wasn’t any sort of training and mentors at with the Sulphur and Beaumont shops. I saw many good people leave due to bad management.
EMPLOYEES STAY AWAY.... unless you don’t require cost of living increase and/or raises, and training.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management and direction
Work Quality and Customer Satifaction is a Mandatory!
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2018
The work colture here at EMCOR-MsI is a very close net group and everyone helps each other. There’s no klicks and your work quality is what counts. Management can sometimes be strict those that don’t pull their waight aren’t here long.

One issue is not allowing Union Workers the option of signing up for company 401k because they already supply union pension.
Pros
Culture and Steady work hours
Cons
Union workers not allowed 401k because company already paying pension
It was fun at first, but very stressful now.
Financial Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 26, 2018
EMCOR is a good company to work for. They pay very well, but people are being laid off due to the company not doing well. There's no room for CAREER ADVANCEMENT.
Pros
Great employees and wonderful support staff
Cons
Paper towels and plates are no more provided in the kitchen.
Management very well
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2018
Liked the employee and employer. Good place to work work environment for the employees appears no ventilation.........................................
Pros
Mission to get the work done
Cons
Not a good work environment..
This place stinks
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
The employent environment is terrible. If you are not one of the Chosen, you.have no hope of advancement. There is major brown nosing going on. You don't know day to day if you have a job. If you do submit a resignation notice, you are immediately walked out and there is no respect for the notice given.
Pros
Absoluty none
Cons
Too many to list
Good workplace and bad management
Hvac/Plumber (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 19, 2018
I was assigned to a building that they had a contract for the past 20 years and worked there for 8 years and once they lost the contract I lost my job because they had no place to put me even though they took the favorite employees and placed them elsewhere, if you don't play the game you get no where with them no matter what a good employee you were.
Very supportive to the client and myself.
Senior Critical Systems Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time with EMCOR. only reason for leaving was financial. The management structure was very positive and supportive. Technical support was always available to help keep the client's infrastructure with a 99.9999 percent uptime.
It was a learning experience
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 28, 2018
It was a learning experience. It was an enjoyable place to work. The salary was good. The staff was great. The Directors and VPs were a pleasure to work with.
Very busy work day. I like to keep busy so that was good for me. They sent me to alot of different work sites where I learned alot from the installer
Installation Technician/helper (Former Employee) –  Lake SuccessFebruary 26, 2018
I liked working for EMCOR. I learned alot and I had a work van which makes it easier to go directly to work site. I was laid off due to lack of work acailable. I never called in sick while working there. I was sorry to leave.
Pros
Work van, Ipad. Good benefits. Good people to work with.
Cons
I didnt even get to start apprentice school. Getting laid off.
I not know what else to say, good job, good boss
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TX 76262February 22, 2018
work in a data center on CRAC units

work all shift long

to fix CRAC each night

I had a good supervisor

work all night

setting up CRAC correctly

doing work correctly
Pros
good job, good place to work, i would work there again
Good luck!
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Dont know what to say really. Seemed liked a great company to work for. Left my previous job to try and advance my career cause I was told from the president of the company that nothing but great opportunity would happen for me. Liked my past job and wasn't really even looking. Just hoping to land something that offered better benefits. Lasted about 4 months with Emcor and was supposedly laid off due to cutbacks from the company I worked for. Dont know how much of that is true from talking to some people within Emcor. No notice just laid off in an instant and couldn't even be offered another position somewhere else. So yeah now I'm jobless and I have kids, a mortgage, and my bills. Just please be aware before applying to this company. You can and will be expendable without notice. Especially if they pay you well. They dont care about experience. Lets just say if they can find someone who will work for less pay they will without any regret. From my time there there's been 3 cutbacks or downsizing. All this from a fortune 500 company! To make matters worse the president/CEO of Emcor wouldn't even pay me for my vacation that he promised me as part of my offer to come aboard. SMH just a sad situation for anyone to go through..
Pros
May pay what you want just get you onboard
Cons
Will let you go in an instant without notice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCOR. Our community is ready to answer.