EMCORE Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poorly managed, cutthroat workplace with little job security
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 24, 2018
They often fire valuable, good people who have worked there for 20+ years simply because their salary is "too high." They change their project plans constantly and you "just have to keep up" even if you have invested months of work into the project they suddenly throw out. Nearly impossible to know what the management really wants and then you get blamed if you did not magically divine what they wanted. Terrible place to work -- do not apply!
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Until they decide they pay you too well and let you go
Very fast Pacedl work Enviorment
Production Planner Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAFebruary 13, 2018
A very fast paced company that requires being able to handle multiple product lines at one time. I learned about transferring product lines to Contract Manufacturers Oversees and within the US.
Pros
Benifits and pay were good
Cons
Given more workload than one person can manage.
Nice Place to Work
HR Analyst/Senior Technical Recruiter (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 2, 2018
As a corporate recruiter at EMCORE I was responsible for all aspects of recruiting in every department with numerous managers to support. I enjoyed my team as well as the managers I supported.
Pros
Exciting work being done at the time
Cons
Loss of Major Contract(s)
Production and High Tech
Die Sorter and Inspection (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 10, 2017
I like to work in High Volume Manufacturing Technology like Intel. Also I love working on equipment like to operate the production equipment and fix I when it down like to perform preventative maintenance and own it like equipment owner.
Management needs to step up
Senior Manager, Manufacturing Automation (Current Employee) –  AlhambraOctober 9, 2017
Projects would get halted or canceled do to lack of resources.
Too many projects with too little resources to execute them. Target dates were impossible to meet without hiring the proper personnel.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Management changes priorities, wasting resources.
nice place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 29, 2017
working at emcore very good have good co-workers and I get long with them .my supervisors great and my manager as well..but,sometimes there are some people giving bad feedbacks for the management.
A great place to work that demands versatility and accuracy
Manager, Export Control and Government Contracts (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 7, 2017
The work environment requires employees to take on many roles and learn how to perform all facets of the required position. As such, I have become a much better Export Compliance Manager, being the person that addresses all import and export requirements.
Pros
A relatively small company that is a great learning environment
Cons
Employees have to wear many hats and be very accurate in all facets of work
I would not work for this company again.
STAFF RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2017
This company was in development of new microelectronic products. However, they did not have a clear focus of how to achieve this. The manufacturing processwas very poor and certiain aspects of it were non-existant.
Pros
The salary was good.
Cons
Very poor management practices and manufacturing processes.
A great company to work for.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2017
I worked for Emcore, a contract company that contracted with other companies for maintenance. I worked in a Residential Treatment Center. I enjoyed working there. A typical day started with a list job orders that needed to be done throughout the building. It was great for me because I like keeping busy. My co-workers and I all came together with different work experiences, so we learned from each other.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having co-workers that were able to work together and accomplish finishing jobs.
Pros
A very nice company to work for.
Cons
no cons
productive and fun
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 16, 2014
Good team members. Great hours. Interesting learning. Able to move up in the company. Challenging.
Typical day at work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMarch 13, 2014
What I have found is that there is no such word as a " Typical day" in a manufacturing work environment.
One can try to have a typical day where all protocols and back ups are established. Ultimately, typical = being able to fix, adjust while avoiding a line down
Pros
90% of the time, the procedures set in place work
Cons
10 % of the time the procedures set in place do not work
A 30 year old company with employees that have 20-25 years in
Manager, Document Control (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 16, 2014
The Document Control Department: (I will complete this section later)
learning new thing allway fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2014
fun work place learn more on solar process but it was a temporary job. love the work.
Many learning experiences.
Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 13, 2013
Always improving on safety. Updating equipment as necessary.
awesome technologies, innovative thinking , but poor pay
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2013
EMCORE develops and manufactures the most efficient solar cells in the world. Being in an environment of creativity and innovation was a treat. However, the work is stressful, the education expectations are high and the salary reflects neither.
Pros
awesome technologies and innovative thinking
Cons
poor pay
Easy job, minimal work
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJuly 9, 2012
I worked in an office space full time, with barely any work given to me. My boss perhaps did not really need me as he gave me very little work to do, which was rather irritating considering I was stuck at a desk all day. I don't mind a desk job, I just wanted work to do, and the tasks given to me were menial. I wished to be an assistant to him and was not given much to do!
Pros
good pay (per hour)
Cons
barely given any work