EMD Employee Reviews

Productive and highly cultural workplace
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJanuary 7, 2019
Amazing company to work for, employees are helpful and insightful. Company has an amazing culture and feel to it as soon as you walk through the entrance.
Decent benefits - terrible management leadership
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJanuary 4, 2019
While the overall company is a decent place to work for, the management style and poor leadership traits exhibited within the organization structure has created very bad work environments all around the facility. Inability to plan properly, staff correctly and recognize and react to problems is a leading issue that I have seen throughout the many years I have worked there. Management is prone to favoritism and promoting employees that they like that may or may not be qualified for the job. Safety is promoted to be top priority however that is only true if it does not impact production, if there is something that is unsafe, it will be forced to be done if it would shut down a production line and you can have your job threatened if you don't do what they want you to do!
Take advantage of what benefits you can if/while there and then quickly move on, they won't help you succeed!
Working in the laboratory
Senior Associate Analytical chemist (Former Employee) –  EMD Millipore, United StatesDecember 22, 2018
The name EMD Millipore is good, but inside, there are lots of issues, conspiracy, discrimination and politics. salary is slightly below the average.

The management is the worst ever I saw. Several experienced and skilled workers left the company.
The management does not care at all. Several people wrote to the management, there is no action all.
Too detached from the hub of research
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA 01821October 31, 2018
Is geographically too far away from the hub of research to know what is really going on in the field. Most employees in my department had been there for a long time and were a difficult group to break into. People there are more concerned about status within the organization than recognizing pure talent when it comes along. I found the environment to be a bit rigid and inflexible - nobody really seems to know what they are doing but if you are perky and cheerful, it will get you promoted.
Pros
free parking
Cons
rigid structure, not flexible
Great place with great people!
Manager, Forecasting and Business Metrics (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMarch 14, 2018
I liked working here. Management is clear on goals and do not expect miracles. There is lots to do so it is never boring plus it grants opportunities for growth
First Summer Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 11, 2018
This was my first summer internship. I got to know typical Corporate working environment and the work culture in Pharma and Life Science industry. I was looking forward to get some exposure in the Corporate companies. I learnt several things during this internship around the data center activities in the Corporate world.
Great people to work with, good benefits
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 9, 2018
Great place to work, wonderful co-workers. Fabulous work life balance. They offer great benefits. They really know how to treat their employees really well.
Pros
Great place to work, excellent work life balance
Cons
Had to drive to Rockland, Ma
Not a bad place
Director, Specialty Pharmacy Channel (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAFebruary 3, 2018
The people were great. Had my responsibilities not change I wouldn't have left the company. I was traveling once a week then my responsibilities became more sales like in that I was on the road away from my family 3-4 days a week.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lots of reorgs in in the short period of time I was there.
Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Boring job without opportunity for the advancement. Management is average. Collegues are nice and helpful. Location is good as well as commute. No long term opportunity here. Compensation is not adequate.
Pros
Location, benefits
Cons
Salary
Positive Working Environment
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJanuary 5, 2018
I came to EMD as an intern in the midst of my undergraduate program. My coworkers were helpful in giving me all the direction I needed while pushing me to work independently with tasks we all felt I could handle. Much of the work was goal oriented and large scale project based, leading to heavy amounts of collaboration. The people I worked with embraced this strategy and used it as a platform for positivity and encouragement to ensure that all of the work was completed.
The work environment is very friendly
Associate Director Quality Auditing, California (Current Employee) –  I work remotely from Southern CaliforniaDecember 17, 2017
EMD Serono is one of the companies that has provided me with wonderful opportunities to grow in different areas such as inspection readiness activities, risk management, quality and compliance management. I have been able to interact with colleagues who are extremely supportive, professional and team players. I have learned about different cultures and have worked successfully in a multicultural environment. I love the transparency, the respect for each other and the importance placed on family and professional development.

EMD Serono encourages employees to develop their critical thinking and particioation in multiple global initiatives. It is a wonderful place to work!!!.
Pros
Multicultural environment, wonderful colleages.
High Rate of Restructuring
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2017
As a pharmaceutical company, it is a decent place to work. Don't get too comfortable because the layoff rate is pretty high here. Don't expect them to assist you with backfilling another position in your area.
Pros
Allow you to work indepndently
Cons
Commonly lays off
EMD Serono is an organization filled with people who are passionate about advancing humanity through bringing new drugs to patients worldwide
Senior Recruiter (Contract/Home Based) (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 3, 2017
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and is a wonderful company with very talented people. Their employees and management team are passionate about the work they do in pharmaceutical research & development. I had the privilege of working as a contract recruiter for 1 year (2016 - 2017) and will remember it as one of the best experiences I have had in my 20 year professional career as a Recruiter/TA/HR professional.
Excellent company
Key Account Manager - Neurology and Immunology (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 26, 2017
EMD Serono is a company that values its employees and works at every level to ensure they are satisfied and compensated for their work. The culture is an open door, employee centric one where staff is valued and input is welcome.
Productive and innovative workplace
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 16, 2017
EMD was a great place to learn plenty about cancer research. You learn about compound formulation for drugs as well as maintaining cell cultures and the like. Overall, the people in all departments are pleasant to work with. As with all jobs, there are slower months with less work to do and then very busy months following. The hardest part is learning all of the material needed for the position as training is pretty rushed (for some), but when a study goes as planned the feeling is wonderful.
Great compensation, no work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 26, 2017
Great compensation, no work/life balance, poor processes. It is a challenging corporation institutionally with poor processes where global processes do not necessarily work.
Nice place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2017
I like working here. the people are very nice and friendly, the commute from my home to here is short. Metro accessible. in downtown DC. Very diverse office.
Pros
short commute in
Cons
Manager is has ridiculously high expectations
it was rewarding to help people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Courtland, AL 35618January 18, 2017
amazing, scary, emotional, exciting, learning capable; most enjoyable about job was fact of being able to assist someone in time of need despite time and knowledge
Team Building
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 14, 2016
I found the employees of EMD Serono to be people of character and willing to do what it takes to complete any and all work assignments.
I would highly recommend this company.
Good environment
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 1, 2016
Excellent culture. No real complaints on my end as an employee. People are nice and generally very competent. It's nice to work for a German company as opposed to Pfizer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMD. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight