EMD Employee Reviews

Great place with great people!
Manager, Forecasting and Business Metrics (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMarch 14, 2018
I liked working here. Management is clear on goals and do not expect miracles. There is lots to do so it is never boring plus it grants opportunities for growth
First Summer Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 11, 2018
This was my first summer internship. I got to know typical Corporate working environment and the work culture in Pharma and Life Science industry. I was looking forward to get some exposure in the Corporate companies. I learnt several things during this internship around the data center activities in the Corporate world.
Great people to work with, good benefits
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 9, 2018
Great place to work, wonderful co-workers. Fabulous work life balance. They offer great benefits. They really know how to treat their employees really well.
Pros
Great place to work, excellent work life balance
Cons
Had to drive to Rockland, Ma
Not a bad place
Director, Specialty Pharmacy Channel (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAFebruary 3, 2018
The people were great. Had my responsibilities not change I wouldn't have left the company. I was traveling once a week then my responsibilities became more sales like in that I was on the road away from my family 3-4 days a week.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lots of reorgs in in the short period of time I was there.
Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Boring job without opportunity for the advancement. Management is average. Collegues are nice and helpful. Location is good as well as commute. No long term opportunity here. Compensation is not adequate.
Pros
Location, benefits
Cons
Salary
Positive Working Environment
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJanuary 5, 2018
I came to EMD as an intern in the midst of my undergraduate program. My coworkers were helpful in giving me all the direction I needed while pushing me to work independently with tasks we all felt I could handle. Much of the work was goal oriented and large scale project based, leading to heavy amounts of collaboration. The people I worked with embraced this strategy and used it as a platform for positivity and encouragement to ensure that all of the work was completed.
The work environment is very friendly
Associate Director Quality Auditing, California (Current Employee) –  I work remotely from Southern CaliforniaDecember 17, 2017
EMD Serono is one of the companies that has provided me with wonderful opportunities to grow in different areas such as inspection readiness activities, risk management, quality and compliance management. I have been able to interact with colleagues who are extremely supportive, professional and team players. I have learned about different cultures and have worked successfully in a multicultural environment. I love the transparency, the respect for each other and the importance placed on family and professional development.

EMD Serono encourages employees to develop their critical thinking and particioation in multiple global initiatives. It is a wonderful place to work!!!.
Pros
Multicultural environment, wonderful colleages.
High Rate of Restructuring
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2017
As a pharmaceutical company, it is a decent place to work. Don't get too comfortable because the layoff rate is pretty high here. Don't expect them to assist you with backfilling another position in your area.
Pros
Allow you to work indepndently
Cons
Commonly lays off
EMD Serono is an organization filled with people who are passionate about advancing humanity through bringing new drugs to patients worldwide
Senior Recruiter (Contract/Home Based) (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 3, 2017
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and is a wonderful company with very talented people. Their employees and management team are passionate about the work they do in pharmaceutical research & development. I had the privilege of working as a contract recruiter for 1 year (2016 - 2017) and will remember it as one of the best experiences I have had in my 20 year professional career as a Recruiter/TA/HR professional.
Excellent company
Key Account Manager - Neurology and Immunology (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 26, 2017
EMD Serono is a company that values its employees and works at every level to ensure they are satisfied and compensated for their work. The culture is an open door, employee centric one where staff is valued and input is welcome.
Productive and innovative workplace
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 16, 2017
EMD was a great place to learn plenty about cancer research. You learn about compound formulation for drugs as well as maintaining cell cultures and the like. Overall, the people in all departments are pleasant to work with. As with all jobs, there are slower months with less work to do and then very busy months following. The hardest part is learning all of the material needed for the position as training is pretty rushed (for some), but when a study goes as planned the feeling is wonderful.
Great compensation, no work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 26, 2017
Great compensation, no work/life balance, poor processes. It is a challenging corporation institutionally with poor processes where global processes do not necessarily work.
Nice place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2017
I like working here. the people are very nice and friendly, the commute from my home to here is short. Metro accessible. in downtown DC. Very diverse office.
Pros
short commute in
Cons
Manager is has ridiculously high expectations
it was rewarding to help people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Courtland, AL 35618January 18, 2017
amazing, scary, emotional, exciting, learning capable; most enjoyable about job was fact of being able to assist someone in time of need despite time and knowledge
Team Building
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 14, 2016
I found the employees of EMD Serono to be people of character and willing to do what it takes to complete any and all work assignments.
I would highly recommend this company.
Good environment
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 1, 2016
Excellent culture. No real complaints on my end as an employee. People are nice and generally very competent. It's nice to work for a German company as opposed to Pfizer.
Lots of Travel
Electrical Journeyman/Technician/Designer (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Work was diverse but there was a lot of travel involved, Didn't provide all the tools needed to complete field work. they had good compensation for travel and paid when ever you were driving.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lots of travel
Great company with strong customer focus
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAFebruary 2, 2016
The company is very focused on customer satisfaction, they provide luncheons and try to have fun events throughout the year. Most of the people who work there are very professional and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the days was assisting the patients with processing their prescriptions and managing any potential side effects that may occur from using a injectable.
Pros
Several
Emergency Medical Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I am an EMD dispatcher. This certificate allows me to give medical instructions over the phone. I am trained to dispatch ambulances and law enforcement to calls appropriately.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
shift work
Environmentally friendly company with a great work-life balance
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 12, 2015
EMD Serono is a fantastic company to work for. I enjoyed showing up every day and discussing science with my peers. Although EMD Serono is a large, international company, the management has found a way to make it feel like a small research company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMD. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight