Emerald Health Services

• Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fine.

This was a good place to work if you need an 8 to 5 job. Other than that the pay is not good and it's hard to get time off. I'd go elsewhere if you want to be valued.

Support from management. Hard working staff staff that truly wants to held the client.

We have a high rate of turnover but this is due to employees being held accountable as they had not been previously. Those that have stayed are not an issue and choose to work hard and create a positive environment. Senior management is supportive. Sometimes they resist change but once they realize something is nessasary and you are persistent they are supportive.

Pros

Autonomy, flexable schedule.

Cons

Confronting issues that have been that have been ignored by previous managers, Cleaning up leftovers from previous managers, the pay is good but other employees have no pto but managment does.

Would not recommend

I would not recommend this company. Communication is spotty with all parties within the company and mostly done through text. I like my recruiter but she can be hard to get ahold of. The contracts will not guarantee 36 hours and generally greatly benefit the facility rather than advocating for the nurse. The biggest reason that I would not advocate for this company is their payroll department and pay structure. The payroll department is shady and unfriendly. They do not explain what they are doing well, that's if you can get ahold of them. In general I don't feel valued by this company at all. I have been made to feel generally unimportant and expendable. If you would like to be valued for the hard work that you do as a nurse, I would recommend you go with a different company.

Pros

Multiple contracts available

Cons

Shady, unfriendly and hard to get ahold of.

Too many people not communicating

The communication is very bad between Emerald depts. H.R. will call you and tell you one thing then my recruiter will call me the next day and tell me the same thing and too many texts messages not too much verbal communication.

Official response from Emerald Health Services

August 2, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We’re so sorry to hear about your less than stellar experience! We pride ourselves on our communication both internally and with our travelers so we’re sad to learn that we dropped the ball in your case. Please reach out to us at marketing@emeraldhs.com to provide us with more information and specifics so we have an opportunity to address your issues directly. Or if you wish to remain anonymous, feel free to submit any further concerns here https://www.emeraldhs.com/travelers/ethics/

Good compensation

Any complaints are dealt with in a timely manner .Good compensation. Wish there was opportunity to earn PTO.Worked home health assignment in multiple locations.Recruiter was always available

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Managers are uplifting and respectful, which sets the tone for everyone to be kind to one another on both good days and bad. Lots of fun things going on all the time to make employees happy and feel valued. An earnest place to work.

Not recommended

Growth is very minimal. If you're looking for career growth, look elsewhere. Emerald is not for you.

Official response from Emerald Health Services

January 19, 2021
Hi there – it sounds like you’ve had a bad experience, which doesn’t reflect the feedback we get from the majority of our nurses. We strive to help travel nurses reach their career goals, whether they be financial, advancement-oriented, location-based, or any other motivation that fuels their drive and success. For this very reason, we have a licensed Director of Travel Relations who is available to provide ongoing support, guidance and counseling to our travelers. Please reach out to us at marketing@emeraldhs.com to provide us with more information regarding your experience as we would like the opportunity to address your issues directly.

Productive fun workplace

Everyone there is very understandable and helping throughout the workplace if you don’t know what you’re doing and they’re also very nice. And they made my job very enjoyable while working there.

They Will Not Fight For You

This company will allow hospitals to discontinue your contracts at will and not fight for you if there's no justified reason for it. This could happen from one shift to another.

Pros

A large job list

Cons

Benefits are expensive, they do not advocate for thier nurses, job lists are disorganized

Small but caring

Emerald Health Services is a smaller travel nurse agency but they are pretty caring for their employees. I have only been with them for about 3 months but I've seen my recruiter to try and get me good contracts.

Jobs at Emerald Health Services

See more jobs

Quick hiring

They hire you and could work you the same day ! Pay is weekly and made out in checks , There is no direct deposit ! They don’t pay overtime and you can not go over 40hrs !

Family friendly

Good work environment but need to meet the financial need of employees by offering more competitive wages. The wages of employees is very discriminating, nepotism is an open secret within the company

Awesome

It was an awesome experience . Everyone was so kind and understanding about a lot of things . Thanks for the experience I will work there again if I could.

Just a cog in the wheel

If favoritism, politics, and entitlement amongst protected individuals is your thing, this is the place for you. They bleed talent & are always hiring

Great company

Great company to work at, great health benefits. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. Would highly recommend. They make you feel apart of a family. Overall awesome agency.

Lack of leadership

Large disconnect between company goals and management. Very clueless managers that lead to nearly the entire staff turning over sighing 6 months. HR, managers and senior leadership no in sync; confused.

accommodating to a traveling nurses life style.

This company has amble opportunities for employment for a nurse willing to relocate. It is supportive and really cares for its employees. I would 100% work for them again once i start travel nursing again.

Didn't work in the building

I was a travel RN so I didn't work within the confines of their business establishment. This survey is not very applicable to me at this time. I'm just meeting the requirement.

Excellent

Travel Emergency Room 13 week contracts. Admit patients, Assessment, Interventions, monitor outcomes, IV, labs, 4-1 ratio. Fast paced moving environment is where I thrive and excel in patient care.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

short to no breaks, 13 week contracts

Fun and productive

Just a great place to work. Great people, management, and culture. good processes and training was superb. Management very open to new ideas. Beautiful work space. free lunches frequently.

Dishonest Company

Company lures nurses in with promises they cannot keep. Pay is weekly but it always incorrect. Missed meals and missed breaks on a regular and never paid. Very unethical company. Upper management team does not follow the laws and are not qualified to have the title they have.

Pros

Cons

Management/ Finance/ HR/ CEO do not know what they are doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerald Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Emerald Health Services