Emergency Medicine Physicians Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok place to work, nice coworkers and good benefits
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 9, 2018
It is a good company for someone who has a spouse with a second income. Good benefits, and some room for advancement if you know the right people. If not still ok place to work
An everchanging company
Bilingual Executive Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 21, 2018
This is a great company to work for. If you are willing for many changed, this company add contracts for new hospitals all the time. There are never any worries to be out of job.
Independent work
Chart Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 14, 2017
A typical day was converting paper medical records to scanned electronic form.I learned how to read dictation notes and edit dictation per doctors signature. the culture was enjoyable to work in.
Good workplace with lots of perks.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 10, 2017
I would highly recommend EMP. They are very caring and compassionate with their employees and families. They also offer excellent health and benefit compensation.
Hard Company to Work For
Patient Services Resolution Rep (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 16, 2017
The company is very hard to work for. Definitly seemed as If "favorites" was a game that was often played. It was very hard to get to know the other employees as NO TALKING was a rule.
I love this job
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 12, 2016
EMP is more then just a job its a second home. Its a career a way of life to be able to help people is amazing. Weekend are off and on week days you work no later then 8pm
Pros
They will work with you
Cons
pto and vac. could be better
company qualifications
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 24, 2016
i was to meet quality and the quota required, moved to different department and training was not provided to me in correct manner needless to say i was written up several times and placed on corrective leave , no one in the department was perfect but they made me feel like i was really stupid! i have a degree and most people who work there do not have a diploma!
Pros
money was good if you met their qualifications
Cons
turn over
emergency room doctor
medical practitioner.( Gp) (Current Employee) –  Sudan, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Summary of experiences
I have gained experiences in history talking, physical examination and patient counselling plus the general experiences in diagnosis and managements of patients with multiple medical problems, including acute unselected admission of all age, through medical rotation and general medical experiences I have strengthened my clinical skills with an acceptable ethical framework to help guide patients and relatives through the complex process of accepting or rejecting medical investigations or
Treatment
Payer Contracts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 30, 2015
Not a bad place overall. The management needs tweaked and the area in which people work needs to be expanded so that when one person is ill, it does not affect all those around them due to the close quarters and lack of clean air circulation.
Cons
Bad working environment, tight and packed cubes, allowable sick days are scarce.
Very Busy Emergency Room.
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2014
There is a constant flow of patients with ailments ranging from simple colds to renal failure to severe trauma. UMC Hospital has a work culture unlike any other i have experienced. Since it deals with a large majority of the underserved population, this alone provides the ultimate challenge in given the best and safest medical care the emergency room can off it patients. Due to the volume of patients in a given day this makes the staff being on constant alert and always on the go 24/7.
process medical claims
Electronic Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 23, 2014
A typical day would be processing of medical claims and submitting to insurance carriers for payment.
employees where like family
Patient Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 16, 2014
It was a great place to work until. They started micro-managing people. Also it went downhill when they started to mess with how we made money.
Very productive
Patient account resolution specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton OhioSeptember 21, 2013
Typical day at work includes answering and calling over 60 phone calls
I have learned how to add and bill insurance and discuss billing and claims.
Management reviews the status of our work but overall we are our own supervisors.
The hardest part of the job is the high call volume
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people
Pros
Paid holidays Healthcare is free
Cons
Long shifts
Asssting Medical Director with various adminstrative duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 14, 2013
I was able to set every part of this company up from credentialing all physicians and physician assistants to getting all new equipment for several offices and everything in between.
When that was complete my position as downsized and given to a current E.M,P, employee.
Pros
hours were flexible, i had been doing this job for 6 years prior with great success and references
Cons
new management and pay cut
Medical Billing and payment process.
Payment Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 9, 2012
I have developed extensive knowledge Medical Billing process. Including processing payments and identifying contracted payors over multiple billing sites.
A very successful company. Great place to work.
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 6, 2012
Reviewed denied claims and followed up with insurance companies to get the problem resolved and claim paid.
Pros
excellent benefits. great co-workers. good pay.
Loved working here,people and management were exceptionally nice.
Charge Verification Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 13, 2012
I loved this job here,only bad thing about it was the demand on total accuracy every week. You would get evaluated on your work,if not as accurate or up to top standards you would be written up. I have accuracy but its hard to be accurate and fast and check that the insurance that was turned in was still active.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
the stress of total accuracy at all times.
Good health insurance... Production expectations are not good.
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 6, 2012
Great health insurance... Training is not the best. The people I worked with were nice. Flexible with work schedule. Strict no fault policy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergency Medicine Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

Emergency Medicine Physicians Reviews by Location