Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive company with great employees. Very collaborative environment within each departments.
QUALITY DOCUMENTATION ASSISTANT TECH (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 19, 2018
Management was open to new ideas. Workplace culture was friendly and inviting. I learned how the quality department function and the importance of accurate documentation and time management of task.
Good Place to Work
Engineering & Validation Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 6, 2018
I enjoy my time at Emergent BioSolutions. High paced work environment. Given many opportunities to learn new skills. Hours are fairly flexible. Some positions are more difficult than others and present unique challenges.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
High-Paced Work Environment
Good Money but not organzied!
cleanroom tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 23, 2018
Company is out growing its location
short staff
favoritism to coworkers
broken equipment
lack of communication
no parking, vandals breaking into cars parked on the street
Pros
money
Cons
management
What have you done for me today
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 18, 2018
Truly a good place to work but they have no loyalty. Everything must be yes regardless of your thoughts at times. Middle management is pretty good but the highest group of leaders need to follow the example they want all others to follow. Nice gym on site, good food at the café. It's really good that a lot of things are on site because you will be there a lot!
Pros
Compensation, Benefits and working level people
Cons
Long hours, favoritism, snap decisions and sometimes anger and retirbution.
Fun workplace
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2018
One of the jobs that I really loved. Its not just the staff members but also the head of the company takes good care of his employees. I wish they had more job offers and I would like to go back and be a part of their team again.
fast past fun competitive
battery packer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
Come in 8 am Monday through Friday come in start sorting through each product scraping the bad products, and packing and shipping of all good products.
Pros
Paid lunch
Challenging at times
Team Lead, Protective Services (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21220May 2, 2018
Typical day started off with figuring out shift rotations. Patrolling the interior and exterior building and monitoring CC TV. Checking visitors in and out and doing vehicle searches. Keeping up to date on all training. Overall a good company to work for, work and life balance can be hard at times due to usual security standards of staffing. Benefits are fantastic along with work picnics and company outings.
Pros
You can advance
Cons
Work and Life balance
Immune to listening. Leadership out of touch with workforce
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 27, 2018
Leadership neither listens to nor believes the truth about the what is really happening within the culture or operations of the company. Instead, they prefer their ears be tickled by managers who are driven by self-preservation and personal gain.

Leadership is dumbfounded repeatedly by the discontent expressed on culture surveys. These experience-based responses are viewed as an aberration, unrepresentative of the culture as a whole despite receiving similar feedback year after year after year.

Suggestions for improvement are not vetted, but quickly invalidated and discarded if they do not originate from the top. Its not that leadership doesn't care, they just seem unable to comprehend the incongruency between their own experience and the experience of others.

Some employees hang on because of generous vacation benefits, the comfort of stable wages or personal relationships within the company. Many, many others have left, though, frustrated by the slow pace of change.
Pros
Shiny on the outside, profitable.
Cons
Silo departmental behavior, non-collaborative passive-aggressive working environment.
Na
Warehouse Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2018
Nice place to work if you like working with people who Set up, flushed and charged spirit bottling lines. Completed 5-step cleaning process daily on a
Terribly Toxic Place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2018
The culture is so toxic that I was so relieved to quit. Management is disrespectful and arrogant. Baltimore Manufacturing is a complete joke with no FDA regulations followed.
Horrible DONT APPLY HERE - unfair HR practices and place lacks technical expertise
Manager (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreMarch 24, 2018
I worked at Emergent for more than 5 years at Baltimore site.People here are nice to work with. However there is Lack of career advancement, unfair pay and positioning in career ladder, Favoritism in promoting people,- If you are someone's friend you will become a manager quickly. There is lack of technical expertise among senior management. You will always feel under appreciated and underpaid. Forget about getting rewarded for hard work. HR at the site is on top of things only when it comes to their self interests, they have a deaf year to their employees' problems.
Challenging
Metrology Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 22, 2018
Meetings, meetings, meetings and very little is accomplished. Many projects are hurry to get it done. Most projects lack qualified leadership, decisions are made by unqualified people..
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
management loves meetings
A cutting edge company but my team was in the reform crosshairs.
Federal Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2018
I was proud to sell the products and was challenged by my assigned market. The management is very poor at communicating with underlines. I understood why I was let go, no bad feelings over that, but I was not treated well in the separation process.
Pros
It was great to play a part in the protection of those who protect us.
Cons
Horrible sense of communication by mid and low level management.
Wonderful workplace helping to better lives
MEDICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2018
An amazing job! This place is all about working in order to help better the lives of others. This job requires patience, initiative, and teamwork to achieve the common goal of exceptional inspection
Amazing co-workers; Horrible management
Technician, Inspection & Packaging (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI 48906March 5, 2018
Only thing I got out of working here is that they seem to think more management means better management. Very top heavy. Shallow managers. Watch your back.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible bosses
Manufactoring Associate.
Laboratory Technician (Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 12, 2018
This is a good starter job out of college with opportunities for advancement. Hours were longer, 12Hr. shifts but you are compensated will longer weekends off.
Productive work environment with opportunity to learn.
Management (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2017
I will not write a review as this is not a private service. I will say that I have mostly positive thoughts of Emergent and I do not regret accepting a job here.
Don't Apply Here ...Don't!!
None (Current Employee) –  LansingDecember 6, 2017
This place is disgusting re how they treat employees. Seen several good associates leave or say thrown out the door and the dirt reasons stays hidden. Work loads are on overload; they are in the stone age still re; their claim to work life balance; you can't even work home 1 day a week if you wanted but they continue to state false claims promoting work life balance.
Lots of dead end jobs so don't waste your time thinking this is a place that promotes from within; they like to bypass internal applicants re promotion because this company does NOT CARE about you anyways.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Wonderful Temp Job
Analyst I, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2017
I was hired in on a contract and it is the best job I've ever had. I hope that I am brought I after my contract expires. The benefits for temp workers aren't great.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great coworkers
Cons
Temporary
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2017
Over all I enjoy working there it has great vacation benefits work around my school time management is great. A lot of off site activities for employees to take part in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight