Emerson Hospital Employee Reviews

They do not care about their staff.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 2, 2019
The goal used to be the best place to come for care and work. Staff isn't supported by management in any way. Coming from working in a hospital where I was treated with respect, it was disappointing to come into a culture of it being run like a souless business. Perks and decent compensation only to be had if you are upper management or board members. Morale is low, most employees don't stay long.
Pros
Town setting, no city driving
Cons
Not respected in my role, skills day is a repetitive joke, no training for new employees
great team members
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 1, 2019
My team at Emerson works seamlessly together. Everyone works toward a common goal including accuracy and proficiency. Work schedule is flexible and is a very family friendly workplace. Highly regarded by the community and has the technology that meets the medical needs of a wide variety of patients. This makes me very proud to work at Emerson Hospital. The benefits are lack luster.
Pros
flexible workplace, friendly, employees make it a great workplace
Cons
benefits, pay
A nice place to work
Clinical social worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 21, 2019
A good place to work; great alternative to driving into the huge, frantic, Boston hospitals for work. Collaborative colleagues, dedicated people, everyone tries to do their best for the patients and for their colleagues.
Challenging management
ICU Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 16, 2019
worked with extremely competent and experience nurses with complex patients very satisfactory work in a community setting. management has changed since i left and i think many things have improved
Fast paced hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 11, 2019
I was employed here 30+ years ago, hospital has changed since then. Learned quite a bit for the start of my career in healthcare. Hospital has grown since then
Volunteer in Transport Dept
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Concord, MADecember 6, 2018
I volunteered in transport department so virtually NONE of the previous questions could be answered fairly by me! Not sure why Indeed asks us to do this....BUT, I will say that my brief tenure at Emerson was a positive one. I got the sense the nurses cared, the transport department took transporting seriously and the general aura of the place was a positive one. People cared.
Communication
Intake Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 22, 2018
Everyone tries their best to get things done in a timely manner. If something is missing or wrong they help out to get the task completely done. The small hospital makes it easy to get close to everybody
Pros
Friendly
Cons
no accountability
Hospital Based EMS
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Concord, MASeptember 1, 2018
Very progressive protocols. Ability to work autonomously on transporting and non-transporting EMS. Always had excellent support and back up from the ED MD's.
above the average.
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAAugust 2, 2018
We provide excellent patient care. Especially the Pharmacy department. We met the USP 797 and we are starting to practice USP 800.
Because of my years of IV experience under the supervision of the department director, I retrained all technicians and pharmacists to meet the competency of the IV department. We persistently maintain the clean room and product quality. In my ten years of annual reviews, my boss rated me as someone who always went "above and beyond."
The most enjoyable part of my position is training people and interns to be the best IV technicians and pharmacists that they can be.
Chat Conversation End
Type a message...
It's an ok place to work
Food Service/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 30, 2018
It's a cohesive to work, but there should be more things that are done together as a unit. I wish that I had more of an opportunity to move up within the company as a contractor with Sodexo.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 16, 2018
Good for family life, flexible shifts, people are great to work with, friendly approachable management, helpful HR, good benefits, some tuition reimbursement
Cons
Pay is low
Under new management
Staff Nurse (LPN), Urology (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 13, 2018
Not satisfied with the new management. I've worked here for 8 1/2 years.
The best part of my job is the relationships I've developed with my long term patients.
Pros
I've established great relationships with patients over the years.
Cons
Most common need to work through lunch.
ON Call
Sr. Field Engineer/Manger (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 18, 2018
The toughest part of working in the I.T Department was the on-call . If you got paged in the middle of the night , they expect you to show up first thing in the morning to work your full shift even if you where up all night fixing a problem .
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Very stressful and a lot of hours
Low key and comfortable workplace
TRANSPORT VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 20, 2018
I was a transport volunteer at Emerson, which means I just took patients and other items from one place to another. The transport office has nice chairs, magazines, a coffee maker, and usually some snacks, so it was really nice to sit and hang out in between jobs. All the people are super nice and always willing to help. The job was nice, even though it was sometimes difficult to know how to handle patients. Some patients like to talk, and some really don't, so you learn to read people quickly. If you're working more than 4 hours in one day, you get a lunch coupon, which is nice.
Pros
Snacks, comfy location
Cons
Slow, can be boring
great work place
Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 10, 2018
Went there for clinical studies. Awesome place to learn. Great staff. Great opportunities to get extra help. Easy to volunteer. Located in a great community.
Pros
diverse staff
Cons
located in a small town
Great place to be
Counceling Psych (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 5, 2018
Highest level of patient care, proud to be the team member.
Most enjoyable part of the work is when each day is different, there is never a dull moment. Challenges are welcomed by all.
very poor organization
Nutrition Services Meal Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 2, 2018
Poor pay, for an extremely demanding company. Staff in all departments is often a revolving door. Claim to be open to suggestions, but only care about costs, and image. Looks great on the outside as a guest, but is rotten on the inside.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
most staff is rude, and stuck up. poor pay
Great place
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 27, 2018
Fast paced job as any hospital setting would be. Good working environment . Fair pay and good management. good hours as far as scheduling. As a transporter you are all over the hospital . Good walking shoes or sneakers are suggested.
Radiology Tech
multi modality technologist (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 24, 2018
General CT exams for inpatients outpatients ER , and OR.
performing all exams based on Radiologist recommendation, preparing patients,with mandated pre-exam screening and proper exam explanation to perspective patient.
performing complete exam, assuring patients well being post exam.
maintaining a smooth work flow atmosphere , assisting coworker in chores when needed , maintaining ample inventory and keeping up to-date on equipment's PM and continuing Education.
REHAB INSURANCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 28, 2018
The company is great to work for. Ongoing training and everyone is always wanting to help. Very culture oriented and patient centered. The collaboration between physicians and staff is amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Emerson Hospital Reviews by Location