Play YouTube video button

Emerson Employee Reviews

Found 1,238 reviews matching the search See all 2,177 reviews
Excellent Fortune 500 company
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAMarch 19, 2019
Emerson is a well managed company from the top down.

Clear vision and great strategic planning. Knows how to leverage its competitive advantages

Consistently delivers their numbers.
I like copeland it was long hours noy enough rest
Assembler (Former Employee) –  LebanoMarch 17, 2019
I enjoyed my team and the way we worked together and got motived supervision was awesome promitiibs were great just alot of hours nit enouvh sleep or rest
Pros
Movies party
Cons
It is great place to work
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2019
It was nice place to work, we established a lut of great projects , with a new Technology. Other project to increase productivity and save fund. Safety and Environmental are It is our main concern
Pros
Great Engineer
Cons
Bad Manager
Horrible management with small pay
Production Technician - SMT (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMarch 16, 2019
Management doesn't know how difficult or how easy it is to get work done. The provide a small starting wage with small pay increases. They are not forgiving when making mistakes.
Very relaxed and stress free at times
Wireman 2 (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2019
I hope that my next employer will appreciate me for being a hard working employee... Angrowing company , I don’t think they truly value their employees... and at times seems alittle unfair..
Good pay
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon MissouriMarch 13, 2019
You can advance if you are willing and no skills needed to climb the ladder. Free shirts and employees get free food all the time and a side walk to exercise on and a cafeteria on site and a nurse on site and they have everything for any kind of illness so you don't have to leave work which was awesome. 3 breaks throughout the day and easy work . They have a annual employee pick nick and your whole family can go and it's on the same property you work at and they give out free gifts plus 100 drawing for television and gas cards and they have bingo and bull rides and wall climbing events and free fair rides and too many stuff to mention and very good pay .
Pros
Free food, shirts, cheap health insurance, good job overall
Cons
Not enough time with your family .
Miscommunications and false advertisement
Summer Camp Aide (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMarch 12, 2019
I was told I'd be paid $100 a week to aide in a summer art class with one other high school student per group for ten weeks. I did not receive a break, I was the only high school student assigned to my group and I was paid $80 a week instead of $100. I only worked for four in a half weeks before being told I, as well as the other interns would only work for 5 weeks rather than ten.
Pros
art
Cons
no breaks, no food, low pay, false advertisement
expects loyalty from employees but does not give it.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2019
Expects loyalty from all employees but does not show any loyalty to any employee that has a different opinion from management, They also so preference to who they like over who gets the job done.
was an excellent work environment coworker were great,no job security they layoff
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74146March 11, 2019
i would return to work immediatly if asked to return to work there had all required tools to do the job private welding stalls for employees made needed upgrades regularly
Pros
well paqid
Cons
layoffs
Good Start for anyone
Valve Technician LvL 2 (Current Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILMarch 10, 2019
Emerson is a place that will allow you to grow and become a good technician, aside from micro management this is a good place work.decent enviroment..
Pros
Everything you need to complete the a job is here at your fingertips
Cons
Poor management, not enough structure
Forklift operator
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, MDMarch 10, 2019
They always kept you busy there was always trucks that came in an out to load an unloaded with boxes. There was lots of overtime to be done if you was willing to do it I did most of it.
Frequent layoffs
Production Coach (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 6, 2019
During my year there they had frequent layoffs. After I left most jobs were moved to Mexico. Enjoyed the group I worked with and location to my home.
A good place to work
Senior Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMarch 6, 2019
Great company, good people.
A lot of meetings because is a global company.
Benefits are good, depends of the department you have more flexibility than in others.
Shipping clerk
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 1, 2019
Day consist of using computer and their programs to look up your orders and when they need to go out. I pull the orders and load for shipment. Afterwards this shipment needs to be logged in and explained in the system.
When I have any spare time I designed a system to be able to locate and inventory my parts for better management of our parts and shipping out.
Cons
Union
Great company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 28, 2019
Really great management team that cares for their employees, and does a lot to show their appreciation. Facility is not understaffed but does keep a lean staff. Which allows people do be involved in multiple roles and projects.
Like being in High School
Designer - Drafter (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAFebruary 28, 2019
Too many clicks too much politics. Middle management plays games and has their favorites, and most of the time has no idea what the department really doe. If your up line doesn't know your job then how are they to mange a team and the projects at hand?
Pros
Good work and personal life balance.
Cons
Clicks...
Goood Company for work
MACHINIST SET UP OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 27, 2019
Good Benefits ando 401k. They help you to keep going up. You don’t stay on the same every time. Great people and nice co workers. Just the management they need to change some process and the form of working.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Need to change the Management.
Collaborative workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2019
Collaboration was encouraged between graphic designers. Feedback was welcome as far as process improvements and creative solutions. Flexible working hours were allowed.
A strong place to begin your career
Material Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 26, 2019
First, I worked at a division within Emerson. It was a great place for me to get started. They gave me the opportunity to make decisions on my own and let me face the consequences of those decisions. I learned a myriad of things from how to manage my time, how to deal with different customers and employees, and how to deal with inter department push back, and much more.

Management was not always on top of what was actually going on. Often there would be a new policy passed down with little thought to the outcome and benefits of this. For example, say they wanted all suppliers on a pull system, but some suppliers are operating very well not on pull and placing them on pull would have greatly increased inventory and costs, even though there was no initial issue with this supplier. It would not matter, because management said so, you need to get said item on pull.

The workplace culture was a little outdated, it had a very old school vibe which led to many young people opting to leave after not too long. However, this did not bother me much, I mostly just do my job and do not worry too much about things like that.

The hardest part of the job was easily getting all departments on board with something. There was so much coordinating that needed to be handled across departments for every little decision that was made, this often led to roadblocks when trying implement new processes.

The most enjoyable part was the freedom that I had to make my own choices. I was able to sniff out problems and attempt to solve them at my discretion and had little direct instruction. As
  more... long as I was able to meet my goals, it was not an issue.

Pay and benefits were not up to snuff on what others in similar positions were making.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time thus far within Emerson.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Excellent Work life balance and very cordial environment
Manager, Business Applications Services (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Emerson has helped me build my career in last 10 years and I have served at multiple levels within the organization. Emerson believes in giving opportunities to performers and does not bound individuals to his/her role.

Superior and subordinate relationships are just a structure, I have experienced a very flat organization while working with Vice Presidents of the company directly. Management at Emerson is very much approachable and listens to input from various stakeholders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss