Emerson Employee Reviews

Found 1,137 reviews matching the search See all 2,017 reviews
I miss working there.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon moOctober 19, 2018
It is a good place to work at. I miss working there. I would go back if I could. It is easy work. Yes u are on ur feet alot but it's not that hard to do u work or even learn how to do it. And the time goes by fast at work.
work like a slave, treated worse!
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIOctober 10, 2018
i worked for this place for almost 3 years, until i got hurt! then, they made up every excuse they could to fire me! i literally bled for this place only to be fire because of their negligence! director of operations and human resources manger are back stabbing liars to the highestpower!
Pros
nothing pro about this dump
Cons
everything about this place is acon!!
Horrible work environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Genoa, ILOctober 9, 2018
The pay and benefits are very good for the type of work....but it comes with a price. Your time will be micromanaged to the minute....literally. If at any hour during the day you do not meet rate you must explain TO THE MINUTE what you did that caused you to not meet rate. You will have management constantly coming at you with the opening "If you want to continue working here....." If your job is not done at the end of the shift you must stay and do it or face disciple and yet they will backtrack you punch out time to the scheduled time so you will spend time often cleaning or something on your own time. There are lead men that are supposed to be your union brothers that police the place all night and make threats. It gets extremely hot in the summer. Very dirty environment.
Pros
I didn't see any
Cons
Its explained in my review
Micromanagement
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 7, 2018
Normal working day: turning on machine, cycle warmup, do a setup and run cycle... The work isn't as bad but if having management come out every other hour makes it more stressful and uncomfortable.
Pros
Not enforced on mandatory overtime.
Cons
Poor management
Immigration Administration
International Immigration Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
Great place for employment. Loved the people that work there they have a gym in the building and great place for young people who want a secure job with excellent benifts
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw GAOctober 4, 2018
If there is work you will be busy, if you are only trained on some projects you have a high chance of getting laid off. Company does pay for all of your trips.
Pros
Company pays for everything
Cons
Possible lay offs
Productive fun place to work
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 4, 2018
A fairly good company to work for with significant engineering opportunities to grow and advance in my career. The benefits were on par for the experience and position, though not overly great for medical coverage and dental.
Pros
Some travel
Cons
Too many meetings
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed this job because it gave room to grow and taught me a lot about working with different tools and being able to learn other aspects of the valve industry.
Pros
Learning the valve business
Cons
long hours away from home and being on call
Mechanical Turbine Engineering
Intern - Mechanical Turbine Group (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2018
Received great engineering experience learning all about what goes into mechanical turbines and their role in power systems. I was really able to build upon my CAD abilities.
Not a flexible place to work
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Not a flexible place to work for working mother's. Not flexible for mother's who have children with ADHD. Always was working but, they frowned on working remotely even when you made meetings via conference call and never missed deadlines
a lot of problems in the work of the office
Senior RE (Current Employee) –  RussiaSeptember 27, 2018
A good company with a good name, there are problems with management, the possibility of changing locations and working profile, the problem with finding new contracts, uncertainty about the future
Intermediate Assembler level 3 (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 26, 2018
I was with this company for over 9 years. If it didn't shut down I would still be working there. The pay isn't very much, but I loved the work. Fast pace environment, and must learn to read blueprints.
Typical work day is productions, making sure customers receive there orders in time. We are fast pace company.
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2018
I been with Emeson for 19 years, its a wonderful Company to work for great benefits, job security I am still employed with the company. My review, Emerson is a work place you can retire from.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great work environment
Accounts Payable Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Work is great and so are the people.
Onsite gym and track outside which is nice to use with your co-workers/friends during lunch or before/ after work.
limited imput of company
General Office Manager/Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 17, 2018
It is almost impossible to write a review. I worked for Control Products in 1989 so any input is really not accurate. I was a secretary for the president of the boiler sales company here in Kansas City hired to promote and help start his steam bath line
Pros
casual dress
Cons
very small operation
Good place to work.
Instrument Builder (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Emerson was a good company to work the only two issues that I left from the job was an unfair treatment for IBIIIs who are the leads of the job according to the job schedule and job training. They do not treat the same situation with the employees.
Not a bad place, mangement sucks
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 8, 2018
There is favoritism there. They call themselves a family company but yet spouses aren't allowed at the 10year banquet. Office people show favoritism when it comes to disciplining an employee. Basically if you know someone in HR and your safe to bully people or talk crazy to supervisors or other workers. Employees on the floor are allowed to talk to supervisors anyway they want with nothing being done. They pass on in house employees when it comes to promotions, and hire outside people instead. Ise could use lots of improvements. Better training could improve things. Better background checks. Stop hiring just anybody off the street. I use to love working there, but I was getting bullied and everytime I went to the office, nothing was being done. My supervisor witnessed a few incidents and still HR did nothing.
Pros
Job security, wages
Cons
Bullying, short breaks, not enough training
People were great!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 6, 2018
The people I worked with were fun to work with! We would always find a way to keep our energy moving. There were a lot of different jobs that I took part in.
Perfect place to work until they sold.
Test and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 4, 2018
Enjoyed the time I worked supporting SMT operations for the board production of our motor drives. I was a large part of the technology transfer of the drive repair division.
Clean workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 31, 2018
Working at Emerson was great. It was a clean factory and the people were all local and friendly. They have great compensation and benefits and offer great programs and incentives to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss