Emerson Employee Reviews

Found 1,155 reviews matching the search See all 2,047 reviews
great work/ life balance
Wirer/ Brazier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2018
Job provided a good work/ life balance. There were many good perks for working for the company such as company picnic, good work hours, decent pay. Cons were instability in job security.
Pros
nice company perks
Cons
job security
Productive, safe , and fun work place
IB3 DP Level (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 11, 2018
Typical day at work my co workers and I support each other and work as a team to meet our daily goal. We work hard and safely. Making sure that no one will get hurt so we can go home to our family is our primary goal.Emerson has a lot of diversity. My responsibilities are assemly and inspection of DP Level Transmitters and related components. Logging in errors and Red Lights as needed for quality control. Training other instrument Builders and develop daily rotation schedule. I perform complex assembly and rework operations, complex calibration requiring independent judgment, variables testing.
Pros
Holiday parties, great benefits
Cons
not enough recognition
InSinkErator is a very nice place to work.
Lead Application Analyst, IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 1, 2018
I was very pleased to work at InSinkErator, seeing as I worked there for over 20 years. The management there did a very good job in making the experience worth while. I learned many things about the manufacturing process, as I came to InSinkErator from a hospital environment. I worked extensively in the JD Edwards World ERP system. I very much enjoyed helping our user community with the software, and modifying/creating new application within JD Edwards. In May of 2017, we moved to the Oracle EBS ERP system. I was instrumental in the conversion of JD Edwards data to Oracle. The environment there was business casual. We even had 'casual Fridays' where we could wear blue jeans.
Pros
Casual atmosphere, great cafeteria, pleasant work environment
Cons
None come to mind
Okay workplace!
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. The hardest part about the job is a lot of heavy lifting. Over all it's a great place to work. A typical day at work is getting the orders and pulling LTL loads.
Fun place to work.
Forklift Driver/Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MONovember 14, 2018
good benefits and great pay. management could use more training and the employees too.overall the factory is a good place to work. the pay rise should be work on more.
A progressive company expanding and diversifying in order to keep moving forward.
Product Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 10, 2018
Emerson has always been a stable, great company. They innovate and update their current line of products as well as develop new product offerings. They make their employees feel as if they are very important to the company, which generates maximum productivity.
Pros
Maximum opportunities.
Cons
Compensation.
Excellent Company!
Software Engineer Coop (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 8, 2018
Great Management and collaboration. Profit Sharing, Stock Options. Just the feel that it is a culture of caring. I really love the auctions of old equipment. I worked in eden prairie. Also really liked the awesome picnic area they had there.
It's just a job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MONovember 7, 2018
this is an ok place to work if you can make it through the first couple of years layoffs. The work is fast paced, and heavy at times. You can bid out on jobs if you have been there long enough.
Pros
4 days a week
Cons
layoffs
Relaxed lunch hours, you work efficient you get out early
Strategic Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 5, 2018
Very strong company that is project oriented, you learn a lot about the industry and everyone is very helpful and willing to give you their time if you ask for it.
Pros
great workers, flexible hours, challenging
Cons
Task oriented
plant closed
Inspector & Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNNovember 5, 2018
This Company Manufactured Craftsman tools for Sears . They lost the contract in 1998 and was forced to close about a year later. I then pursed a career in Law Enforcement.
emerson was a short stay
Sales (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 5, 2018
Only worked at Emerson for a short period in way of acquisition. they acquired Avocent whom owned LANDESK at the time. I could really give a great point of reference either way for Emerson.
Awesome Co-op Experience!
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 2, 2018
I had a great co-op experience in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Department. I had the opportunity to travel with the team to various plant locations and learn about the assembly line process.
Pros
Learning new skills
It was fun while it lasted.
Factory Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOOctober 31, 2018
I loved working there, though it is not for everyone. It can be physically demanding and I worked there at a difficult time in my life. Healing from having a baby as well as still breastfeeding the baby. They allowed me to pump as needed for the baby and had adequate breaks as well that I was able to snack and pump during. Unfortunately, my time there was cut short due to home life troubles. My daughter ran out of milk and my service dog was brutally attacked by other dogs in the same night. I could not peel myself away from them and ended up quitting out of impulse to be with them. I wish I hadn't. Great company good people.
great
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 25, 2018
great place to work. love the management. people are kind. really great atmosphere. everyone loves working there. would refer friends to Emerson. wonderful place to wok.
November 19, 2018

Hello – Thanks so much for sharing this review. It’s wonderful to hear from our employees. We appreciate you!

needs improvement
Instrument Builder, Emerson Process Management (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNOctober 22, 2018
the company is good for work but it doesn't pay much, and doesn't take care of injured workers, and needs safety improvement.
it is recommended for electronic assemblers who wants to get more experience and move on.
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHOctober 22, 2018
I had to work hard which was fine if I would have been paid more than 11.50 an hour. I worked harder than most the people there, and got hurt on the job and was let go do to the doctor having me off work.
Bad culture
High pressure assembler A (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 20, 2018
Being able to act and talk like a productive employee is more important then actually being such. The place was very cliquey, if you weren't part of the in crowd they would not tell you the mistakes you made they would just instead talk bad about you to the others and since you don't know what mistake you're making you would keep making it and they would keep talking bad and laughing at you. This was an ingrained part of the culture. It's rather unprofessional and nonproductive, that's how they liked it though.
The micro-management by the operations manager was also very annoying. There was never any reason for them to be doing so, they should have used the supervisor and team leads more effectively.
Then there's the all the over time you're expected to work and they tell you that it will reflect in your review, not true the people that work mindful overtime get the same as people working 15 hours or more per week.
Pros
The product is fun to assemble and good amount of pto.
Cons
The culture
November 19, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We are always striving to improve all parts of the business, including how we support our employees. If you would like to discuss your review further, you can contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

I miss working there.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon moOctober 19, 2018
It is a good place to work at. I miss working there. I would go back if I could. It is easy work. Yes u are on ur feet alot but it's not that hard to do u work or even learn how to do it. And the time goes by fast at work.
work like a slave, treated worse!
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIOctober 10, 2018
i worked for this place for almost 3 years, until i got hurt! then, they made up every excuse they could to fire me! i literally bled for this place only to be fire because of their negligence! director of operations and human resources manger are back stabbing liars to the highestpower!
Pros
nothing pro about this dump
Cons
everything about this place is acon!!
November 19, 2018

This is disappointing for us to hear, as we take our commitment to creating a positive work environment seriously. We encourage you to send an email to indeed.feedback@emerson.com so we can work to improve.

Horrible work environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Genoa, ILOctober 9, 2018
The pay and benefits are very good for the type of work....but it comes with a price. Your time will be micromanaged to the minute....literally. If at any hour during the day you do not meet rate you must explain TO THE MINUTE what you did that caused you to not meet rate. You will have management constantly coming at you with the opening "If you want to continue working here....." If your job is not done at the end of the shift you must stay and do it or face disciple and yet they will backtrack you punch out time to the scheduled time so you will spend time often cleaning or something on your own time. There are lead men that are supposed to be your union brothers that police the place all night and make threats. It gets extremely hot in the summer. Very dirty environment.
Pros
I didn't see any
Cons
Its explained in my review
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are always working to improve, which includes how we support our people and create a positive work environment. Please reach out to us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com to talk with us more about your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss