Emerson Employee Reviews

Found 1,049 reviews matching the search See all 1,866 reviews
Customer oriented, fast pace
Value Stream Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJuly 16, 2018
A workplace where employees are always busy, fast pace environment that employees have been train to be safe and always follow instructions. Good place to work and grow professionally.
Pros
take time to train employees to become productive and safer
Cons
sometimes too much overtime and employees get tired.
Good place to work but low job security
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with most all the people in the company. Good benefits, but tended toward job stagnation - not much opportunity for advancement or moving into other areas. Whenever the market for our products took a dip, many employees such as myself (with decades of experience) were let go.
Great people and excellent work enviornment
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin TXJuly 11, 2018
I worked at Emerson for 16 years in Accounts Payable and loved my job. We used Oracle and a Data-imaging system that made the office almost paperless. Worked individually and as a Supervisor and Team Lead.
Pros
State of the art software
Cons
Management Structure
na
Assistant Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAJuly 6, 2018
I do not prefer to give bad reviews however, let's just say that Emerson was not the problem. Closetmaid was the issue and it's upper brass and planning or lack their of departments.
Did not enjoy working here
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 2, 2018
Was very unhappy with every aspect. This company has a huge tendency to take advantage of good employees. Also known for promising pay raises for hard working employees that never happen.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa,OKJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. Great pay. Lots of travel. Lots of overtime. Worked many weekends and holidays. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………..
Pros
Great job
Cons
Micro Management
Professional Job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 29, 2018
Sorry I was not able to get a temp to perm position.
Not much work locally.
Treated me special minute I walked in for interview.
They work hard to place you in the right type job for your skills.
Pros
Paid auickly
Cons
Not enough work
Leads were more knowledgeable and productive than management.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 28, 2018
Poor management resulted in a difficult and stressful environment. The benefits and compensation were fine for the area but unwilling to compete compensation wise with USA parkway jobs.
Pros
Great benefits
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your time with Emerson has not been positive. We encourage you to reach out to us directly at indeed.feedback@emerson.com with any feedback. We want to continue this conversation. Thank you.

It was a good place to work
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 28, 2018
The job was fast paced and kept me busy which I liked. I was third shift so it was a little more relaxed but you still have to produce your count for the night. I enjoyed my time there.

Laid off
FINAL ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Made good money and had good coworkers. They are big on safety, which i'm fine with. They laid me off on the 90 day hire in mark.
Good Place To Work
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 22, 2018
Nothing special but a good place to work at with okay benefits. days can start early or late and travel as needed. this is a multi function office, new jobs and service calls.
July 16, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson. We strive to constantly improve in all aspects of our business and would be happy to accept any further feedback you have at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

The team
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2018
The team is very productive and awesome to work with. Of course there's bad apple everywhere but despite it, you will enjoy working there, only thing is that it needs to have better benefits.
Pros
No stress but want the best
Cons
As awesome it gets, still need more benefits
July 16, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson and we thank you for contributing to our dynamic work environment. We appreciate your feedback on providing more benefits. We would like to continue this conversation at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Busy work
Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 21, 2018
Emerson is a great company to work depending on the department you work in. How ever the department I work for there is no room for promotion or be off on the weekends until someone leaves or retires.
The atmosphere among coworkers was very comfortable
Parts Assembly Consultant (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 19, 2018
This was a temporary job and was not there long enough to really give an accurate or proper review. But for time I was working, it was very organized and well managed,
Hard place to work but it will be good for you
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 18, 2018
There are a lot of things are expected of you at this job but if you can tackle the job then it will be rewarding job that will give you a good place to work.
A good place to work until they move your job to Florida!
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 18, 2018
This was a great place to work until the upper management decided to move the operation from Utah to Florida. Perhaps one person actually made that move. The other 20 plus employees in the group I was in found other employment in Utah.
Pros
Great people to work with and for
Cons
Accountants determined a better place to work was Florida.
Fast Speed, Loud, Systematic, Hard Labor
Mill CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Ava, MOJune 18, 2018
The job was easy to learn. Employees would always have safety equipment and gear ready before walking onto the cell units. Employees load and reload parts to be sent down to packaging. Also, operate the machine controls and change tools when necessary. The staff were disrespectful and play favoritism. I was being harassed, and it took the CEO Manager to help me out after speaking to my Floor Management and HR several times in over 2 weeks. The work environment contained drama and lack of support
Pros
Weekly Pay, Location, Fast Pace
Cons
Staff, Management, Pay Rate, Standing on Feet 8 Hours.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your time with Emerson has not been positive. We encourage you to reach out to us directly at indeed.feedback@emerson.com so we can continue this conversation and improve in the future. Thank you!

Great job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Welcome, NCJune 18, 2018
Very good place to work. They pay good, offer great benefits and it's a very nice environment. Most of the supervisors are great and the employees are too. I loved my job and planned on retiring from there but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had to move out of state.

Forward thinking
Perfect Execution Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 15, 2018
Forward thinking, but we tend to lag cutting edge practices. With that said, there is a good culture that encourages new thoughts. We place a high value on initiative and teamwork.

Great Place to Learn
ATS Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Welcome, NCJune 7, 2018
This job contains a split of mechanical and electrical work. Knowing that your department has your back and realizes your potential makes the working environment a suitable place to learn and work productively and freely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss