Play YouTube video button

Emerson Employee Reviews

United States1,522 reviews
Found 1,522 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Emerson selected this as a representative review
Emerson has been a great company with a lot of great challenges. I have learned a lot from working there and from my peers. It has been a great experience!
May 5, 2020
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Emerson! We appreciate you!
Emerson offers a lot of opportunities for their employees. They care about their employees and try to maintain a balanced business and family life.
Pros
great people to work with, growth opportunities, good benefits
Cons
plant is closing.
Work-life balance
I enjoyed the time off for holidays and weekends

Pay & benefits

They are a plus

Job security and advancement

NA

The introduction of Korn Ferry provided a way to document your process and manage consistency as a leader

Overall

An inclusive culture embracing diversity and integrity as stated in the organizations mission statement. Ingenuity is respected and innovation is appreciated.
Great place to work. The training I got was wonderful. My co-workers were very supportive and helpful. We worked as team. We worked overtime everyday. Bennifits were awesome.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good company plenty of growth only downside was the relocation to Mexico. I don't think that worked out to well for them, no one feels safe going or coming from work. too many gangsters
Pros
respectful work management
Cons
80 people lost their jobs
Good company to work for, depends a lot of the BU and the team that you are part of .

Good conditions at work. very good for entry level, they can learn a lot and based on there profile they can develop a lot .

Promueven mucho la seguridad es una empresa con cultura de 5s y muy considerados con su personal de cualquier nivel o departamento.en todos los aspectos.
Pros
Prestaciones casting
Cons
No hay categorías
Entry levels for short term are not bad. However, any climbing reveals how toxic the management really is. Good ole boy club where only friends get promoted and people who are under qualified get the best jobs based on who they know.
Pros
Timed Breaks, Acceptable pay
Cons
Short breaks, Management Immaturity, Point Based System
No comment , it speaks for itself. Many people were fired and transferred after I left. It is sad to lose good employees because of bad management.
Always seems things have to go down all the way before anything is done.

Nothing proactive was ever done. Things just took care of itself and drug out way longer than it should have.

The cowards that could have made a difference were all scared to lose there jobs.
Pros
Definitely was qualified and was self motivated.
Cons
A handful of workers and managers (3) with no backbone.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Emerson?
This company has provided me a job for almost 30yrs,and I have by myself raised two daughters. I get along with my co workers and two very good boss that I have had for the last 3 yrs. I have learned a lot of different jobs through the years.
I learned a lot working here. Work hours are good, work life balance is good. Hardest part of the job is having no stability because of the oil industry.
Pros
Good work hours, decent pay.
Cons
It's a fun and okay environment. Some people are just very nosey and likes to get into your life when you're just there to mind your own business. Some intentionally gets you in trouble with your leads for no reason. Long story short, work is fine. People aren't as much.
Over all it was a good experience for me. I did several jobs while there. I started on production and moved to materials and then to chemical technician.
Hard work but great place to work and if I didn’t move then I would still be working there. It accommodates your personal very well. I would tell people to work there
August 17, 2020
Hi there- thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are always happy to hear from people like you. We appreciate your contributions and wish you the best!
I loved working at this Company. Hope someday to go back . I was only release because of Covid 19 . Everyone was very nice when I left. Hope to come back.
Pros
Relaxing place to work
Cons
N/a
its a good working Environment and the management is good at taking care of the plant. Its a fast pace job at some spots in the factory. Its good pay after a 1year and a half when you are at top pay
I worked at Emerson for about 3 years. My direct manager ( VP level) was a terrible and unpredictable person. He did a lot of verbal and psychological harassment on me and he didn’t respect the people and specially me and a few other new hires. There were a lot of politics in the company and it seems that it is a routine in the company ( at least in Sidney location) that they verbally harass people in the meetings and make some employees uncomfortable. The don’t care about the real work that much and they only care about who knows who and who has a relationship with who.
Executive and VP level Management team is very weak and confused and they don’t have any vision for the future. They don’t have enough technical experience in their past works to be able to communicate effectively with their technical and engineering team. They don’t let people to talk in the meetings and just want to have monologue and impose their authority. The environment is like army and military services!

Also the diversity is not appreciated at all in the company and many International employee including myself are being hurt verbally and by their inappropriate attitude.

Also very weak communication between management and the direct reports and you usually need to guess what to do and what not to do and eventually bring blamed with your actions.

There are some good colleagues in the company who are usually in the technical level, not in the managerial level and many of them didn’t have any chance to grow internally or being demoted.

Overall, a terrible company, with a terrible culture, location and
 - more...
Pros
Maybe you find some good technical colleagues
Cons
Weak Executive and VP level management, bad culture, low pay and not international friendly
August 17, 2020
Thank you for your candid feedback. We would like to express that this experience is not a reflection of our core values or culture and find this deeply concerning. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this more in depth with you. Please contact us directly at Indeed.feedback@emerson.com. You can also report anonymously to our ethics hotline at http://www.emersoncompliance.com/.
I have worked with EMERSON from 2005 to 2020. Great people to work with. I had great experience working in oil and gas metering. Deqling with Clients of different cultures in Asia Pacific region.
This company is perpetually 20 years behind, thinks that customers won't mind bad pricing and service since they are often category leaders. Works well if you are a lifer or a chosen one. Do yourself a favor and get out now or don't join.
Good work environment, friendly staff, understanding management.
You are given the tools to do your job and access to manager for assistance. Everyone gets along.
A lot of really good people work their but management is far less than acceptable.

The honeymoon period of getting hired is short lived then the reality of poor management sets in.

All talk and tenured protectionism makes personal growth a check box review.
Pros
Not many if any.
Cons
Too political and current management is beyond repair.
July 1, 2020
Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. Integrity and supporting our people are a part of our core values and it appears we have fallen short. We are always targeting continuous improvement and any additional feedback you would be willing to share would be helpful for us. You can contact us at Indeed.feedback@emerson.com or contact our ethics team at https://www.emerson.com/en-us/investors/corporate-governance/ethics-and-compliance.