Emerson Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,068 reviews matching the search See all 1,901 reviews
Good Manager
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 14, 2018
Our quality team is great. My manager always cares about us and he wants us to be better inspectors every year. He gives us the trust and security to ask him any questions related to the job, mostly giving us an answer as assertive as it can be. I wouldn't be able to say the same for Human Resources.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Hr kind of
Customer Service group was fun and friendly
Technical Support Technician III (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92606August 12, 2018
We had a great group of different ages and experiences that really got along well together. More experienced people would definitely help bring newer employees up to speed on job responsibilities and newer employees would often times make suggestions that were out of the box and initiated conversation on how to make changes. It was a face paced environment with different issue popping up everyday and it helped keep the day interesting. Also working with good people made the day enjoyable. The management team in customer service was great too, ready to lend a hand but never micro managing.
Pros
great people
Great Autonomy and Trust Given
Automotive Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 11, 2018
Always a new project with a new twist to work on. The lower and mid level management team at my office are what made this job so enjoyable. They had realistic expectations and were understandable when things went wrong. Everyone was there to get the job done and you succeeding meant that they succeed.
Poor work place
Snow Matt builder (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 9, 2018
Poor work place HR is very poor they expect to much for what they pay and have no ac in building only supervision has ac in there office and what about the employees
Stressful environment, but a nice facilty to work at
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
Full work day, never a dull moment

Employees hired to do specifics tasks, but end up doing other tasks for different roles

Management staff valued specific individuals, a bit bias

Nice clean, updated workplace

Very stressful workload, not enough details for mature products

I was able to work on new products, which forced me to develop other skills
Pros
Plenty of work, Plenty to learn, Nice facility
Cons
Stressful workload
Good Business
Resident Engineer (Current Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAAugust 8, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Emerson, and feel as is I am given the opportunity to make a difference in the business. My managers have been very good, and supportive of helping me achieve career goals.
Helpful and motivational workplace
Wireman (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2018
Everyone is always willing to assist and help with any problems necessary. There's always great communication within projects as far as quality and preference.
Emerson
SR Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 4, 2018
shipping Export orders to all countries,I learned to process Hazmat shipments, DOT & IATA and learned to use new Export software Trax.Management was great and very supportive.Tha jardest part of my job was the tight timelines for shipping some orders and shipping to some difficult countries.My most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people.
Pros
Working for a strong and stable company
Cons
Emerson will not afford you a balance life
Senior Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJAugust 3, 2018
Working at Emerson was very stressful. There is no one giving good directions. My first two weeks there was very stressful due to the person that was part of the hiring process told me that he was leaving in two weeks. This was just before the month end closing. The system they are using is AS400 not Oracle. There are so many files to keep track of and everything is manual this would include depreciation and CIP. They do plan to go to Oracle but you will still be forced to maintain all the current files which is expected. Working in an environment where you are expected to hit the ground running and you will be on your own. Hope you are up for the task.
Pros
People are generally nice with exceptions
Cons
Hours are long with a lot of work
productive
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 1, 2018
Great benefits they are lacking in on the job training for in house employees to move up in the company. They prefer outside workers who have experience.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
Work 10 hour days and Saturdays
Productive work envirnoment in my work area
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 1, 2018
MRO Buyer/Processor
Busy/Stay active/learning new processes each day
customer service oriented, management is easy to speak and work with; diversity in culture; hardest part of my job is; being consistent; something require more time than others, which puts stress on any individual, but all in all, I get more work done before I depart for the day. Love my job and the co-workers, and Emerson as a whole
Pros
free lunches, quarterly, fun day, community support of non profit functions etc
Cons
healthcare, communication, things are more email than quarterly verbal meetings
Future Oriented
MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2018
Emerson's executive team appears to have a clear grasp on industry trends and future technology when identifying new business opportunities. The company does risk losing margin control if they are unable to move downstream in several markets.
Good Company
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 30, 2018
Good Company, lots of smart people all around to support you. Excellent work life balance. Sometimes a little slow to promote, and provide meaningful work.
Below Average Salary
Application Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 30, 2018
Great work place and culture. Well below average salary for most positions. Hard to get large growth promotions.

Will pay for Higher education (Bachelors and Masters Degrees)
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Below average Salary
Good Company, Great History, Could use better checks and balances of Upper Management
CIO (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2018
Emerson is a good company with an outstanding history of providing share holder value. Their expectations for employees are high but are rewarded reasonably but not outstandingly. The last few years it seemed as though some of the leaders were making decisions independently and not necessarily along company accepted guidelines.
hopes and hopes
Pre-Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
was working for a company bought by Emerson. The changes are coming very slow and we all hope changes in the high management. So far all got worst, with managers blaming the staff for management and decision making mistakes.
An easy job where hard work was not necessary.
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJuly 19, 2018
every day was really much the same. work really only added up once every 3 or 4 months. management was pretty well with keeping people in check. if you did not have anything to do that day they would find something for you to do.
Pros
A really easy job. Did not have to stress a lot at work.
Cons
short breaks, 401k was at a really low percentage.
Everyday you did the same thing
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 19, 2018
It was robotic which some people like, I just could get sleep working third shift and it was a long time before I could ever switch to first. The people there were very nice, The management cared about their people. Issues were addressed effectively.
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
Third shift was hard
Energy Industry
Quality (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great company forced to consolidate due to downturn in the eneegy industry. Some culture problems relative to Quality but manageable most of the time.
Customer oriented, fast pace
Value Stream Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJuly 16, 2018
A workplace where employees are always busy, fast pace environment that employees have been train to be safe and always follow instructions. Good place to work and grow professionally.
Pros
take time to train employees to become productive and safer
Cons
sometimes too much overtime and employees get tired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight