Play YouTube video button

Emerson Culture reviews

Found 257 reviews matching the search See all 2,179 reviews
Excellent Fortune 500 company
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAMarch 19, 2019
Emerson is a well managed company from the top down.

Clear vision and great strategic planning. Knows how to leverage its competitive advantages

Consistently delivers their numbers.
Great company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 28, 2019
Really great management team that cares for their employees, and does a lot to show their appreciation. Facility is not understaffed but does keep a lean staff. Which allows people do be involved in multiple roles and projects.
A strong place to begin your career
Material Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 26, 2019
First, I worked at a division within Emerson. It was a great place for me to get started. They gave me the opportunity to make decisions on my own and let me face the consequences of those decisions. I learned a myriad of things from how to manage my time, how to deal with different customers and employees, and how to deal with inter department push back, and much more.

Management was not always on top of what was actually going on. Often there would be a new policy passed down with little thought to the outcome and benefits of this. For example, say they wanted all suppliers on a pull system, but some suppliers are operating very well not on pull and placing them on pull would have greatly increased inventory and costs, even though there was no initial issue with this supplier. It would not matter, because management said so, you need to get said item on pull.

The workplace culture was a little outdated, it had a very old school vibe which led to many young people opting to leave after not too long. However, this did not bother me much, I mostly just do my job and do not worry too much about things like that.

The hardest part of the job was easily getting all departments on board with something. There was so much coordinating that needed to be handled across departments for every little decision that was made, this often led to roadblocks when trying implement new processes.

The most enjoyable part was the freedom that I had to make my own choices. I was able to sniff out problems and attempt to solve them at my discretion and had little direct instruction. As
  more... long as I was able to meet my goals, it was not an issue.

Pay and benefits were not up to snuff on what others in similar positions were making.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time thus far within Emerson.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
productive and fast based blase
Instrument Builder 2 (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNFebruary 22, 2019
I work weekend shift which is 7:30 AM to 8 PM. I learn how to be a transmitter builder.the wok culture are scan and number based,because at end of the day they need from you hall group a to achieve a goal.
Customer Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 15, 2019
Great management and great company. Quick paced, demanding but rewarding. The pay and overall compensation is highly competitive. Emerson's ability to retain their employees is testament to how well they're treated.
Great People
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNJanuary 24, 2019
Worked in the Engineering, Cad Dept- The people were all great there. Helpful, friendly, everyone in shop was great too. I learned the processes and that helped in development of drawings. But I hasd to relocate due to my husband's job.
Pros
excelent technology, great people
Good people to work with
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 20, 2019
The hardest part of the job was getting management to make changes. The best part of the job was the people that I work with. The management team had very little turn over and advancement was almost non existent.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Needed more innovative products developed to sell
Great work environment and great co-workers
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Help is often offered as well as training to make sure everything is done properly and efficiently.

Management has always been helpful and the workplace culture is very professional.
Fast paced work environment.
Group Leader DP Level (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 28, 2018
Fast paced work environment. As a supervisor one must multitask to get all tasks tied to the position done each week. Span of supervision and number of hours one must work to keep up equates to a low hourly wage. Large company culture is sterile, so at work relationships are strictly professional and always politically correct.
Pros
Steady paycheck.
Cons
Low pay for level of responsibility and pressure to hit production goals.
Okay workplace!
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. The hardest part about the job is a lot of heavy lifting. Over all it's a great place to work. A typical day at work is getting the orders and pulling LTL loads.
Excellent Company!
Software Engineer Coop (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 8, 2018
Great Management and collaboration. Profit Sharing, Stock Options. Just the feel that it is a culture of caring. I really love the auctions of old equipment. I worked in eden prairie. Also really liked the awesome picnic area they had there.
great
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 25, 2018
great place to work. love the management. people are kind. really great atmosphere. everyone loves working there. would refer friends to Emerson. wonderful place to wok.
November 19, 2018

Hello – Thanks so much for sharing this review. It’s wonderful to hear from our employees. We appreciate you!

Bad culture
High pressure assembler A (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 20, 2018
Being able to act and talk like a productive employee is more important then actually being such. The place was very cliquey, if you weren't part of the in crowd they would not tell you the mistakes you made they would just instead talk bad about you to the others and since you don't know what mistake you're making you would keep making it and they would keep talking bad and laughing at you. This was an ingrained part of the culture. It's rather unprofessional and nonproductive, that's how they liked it though.
The micro-management by the operations manager was also very annoying. There was never any reason for them to be doing so, they should have used the supervisor and team leads more effectively.
Then there's the all the over time you're expected to work and they tell you that it will reflect in your review, not true the people that work mindful overtime get the same as people working 15 hours or more per week.
Pros
The product is fun to assemble and good amount of pto.
Cons
The culture
November 19, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We are always striving to improve all parts of the business, including how we support our employees. If you would like to discuss your review further, you can contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Immigration Administration
International Immigration Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
Great place for employment. Loved the people that work there they have a gym in the building and great place for young people who want a secure job with excellent benifts
Great work environment
Accounts Payable Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Work is great and so are the people.
Onsite gym and track outside which is nice to use with your co-workers/friends during lunch or before/ after work.
October 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience at Emerson.

Clean workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 31, 2018
Working at Emerson was great. It was a clean factory and the people were all local and friendly. They have great compensation and benefits and offer great programs and incentives to employees.
Great work place to work
MPS Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 28, 2018
Good people and great management, Relaxed comfortable workplace. The people are friendly and helpful. Training is provided when needed and management work as a vital team leadership role.
Emerson
SR Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 4, 2018
shipping Export orders to all countries,I learned to process Hazmat shipments, DOT & IATA and learned to use new Export software Trax.Management was great and very supportive.Tha jardest part of my job was the tight timelines for shipping some orders and shipping to some difficult countries.My most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people.
Pros
Working for a strong and stable company
Cons
Productive work envirnoment in my work area
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 1, 2018
MRO Buyer/Processor
Busy/Stay active/learning new processes each day
customer service oriented, management is easy to speak and work with; diversity in culture; hardest part of my job is; being consistent; something require more time than others, which puts stress on any individual, but all in all, I get more work done before I depart for the day. Love my job and the co-workers, and Emerson as a whole
Pros
free lunches, quarterly, fun day, community support of non profit functions etc
Cons
healthcare, communication, things are more email than quarterly verbal meetings
Below Average Salary
Application Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 30, 2018
Great work place and culture. Well below average salary for most positions. Hard to get large growth promotions.

Will pay for Higher education (Bachelors and Masters Degrees)
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Below average Salary
August 21, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the culture and work place, but we do want to hear further about your cons. Please reach out to us directly at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight