Emerson Culture reviews

Found 239 reviews matching the search See all 2,007 reviews
Immigration Administration
International Immigration Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
Great place for employment. Loved the people that work there they have a gym in the building and great place for young people who want a secure job with excellent benifts
Great work environment
Accounts Payable Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Work is great and so are the people.
Onsite gym and track outside which is nice to use with your co-workers/friends during lunch or before/ after work.
Clean workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 31, 2018
Working at Emerson was great. It was a clean factory and the people were all local and friendly. They have great compensation and benefits and offer great programs and incentives to employees.
Emerson
SR Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 4, 2018
shipping Export orders to all countries,I learned to process Hazmat shipments, DOT & IATA and learned to use new Export software Trax.Management was great and very supportive.Tha jardest part of my job was the tight timelines for shipping some orders and shipping to some difficult countries.My most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people.
Pros
Working for a strong and stable company
Cons
Productive work envirnoment in my work area
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 1, 2018
MRO Buyer/Processor
Busy/Stay active/learning new processes each day
customer service oriented, management is easy to speak and work with; diversity in culture; hardest part of my job is; being consistent; something require more time than others, which puts stress on any individual, but all in all, I get more work done before I depart for the day. Love my job and the co-workers, and Emerson as a whole
Pros
free lunches, quarterly, fun day, community support of non profit functions etc
Cons
healthcare, communication, things are more email than quarterly verbal meetings
Below Average Salary
Application Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 30, 2018
Great work place and culture. Well below average salary for most positions. Hard to get large growth promotions.

Will pay for Higher education (Bachelors and Masters Degrees)
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Below average Salary
August 21, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the culture and work place, but we do want to hear further about your cons. Please reach out to us directly at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Energy Industry
Quality (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great company forced to consolidate due to downturn in the eneegy industry. Some culture problems relative to Quality but manageable most of the time.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa,OKJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. Great pay. Lots of travel. Lots of overtime. Worked many weekends and holidays. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………..
Pros
Great job
Cons
Micro Management
August 21, 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are glad you enjoyed working with Emerson!

The team
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2018
The team is very productive and awesome to work with. Of course there's bad apple everywhere but despite it, you will enjoy working there, only thing is that it needs to have better benefits.
Pros
No stress but want the best
Cons
As awesome it gets, still need more benefits
July 16, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson and we thank you for contributing to our dynamic work environment. We appreciate your feedback on providing more benefits. We would like to continue this conversation at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Great job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Welcome, NCJune 18, 2018
Very good place to work. They pay good, offer great benefits and it's a very nice environment. Most of the supervisors are great and the employees are too. I loved my job and planned on retiring from there but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had to move out of state.
July 16, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson. We strive to constantly improve in all aspects of our business and would be happy to accept any further feedback you have at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Forward thinking
Perfect Execution Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 15, 2018
Forward thinking, but we tend to lag cutting edge practices. With that said, there is a good culture that encourages new thoughts. We place a high value on initiative and teamwork.

A Good Place to work
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIMay 17, 2018
Here's my review:
A good place to work. Nice people.
They value their employees.
They move people around and try to find a good fit for people.
Nice work environment.
productive work place
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 13, 2018
overall it is a great place to work. I think they a do a good job of making sure the hourly workforce is are happy. Safety comes 1st and they have created a culture around that.
Pros
paid overtime
Cons
health care
May 24, 2018

Hello and thanks for sharing your comments. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience during your time at Emerson. If you’d like to reach out to us with any further feedback, we can be reached at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

over all good place to work
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 6, 2018
I would go over work order forms. Program and machine prototypes and fixtures

I learned Master cam, smart cam cnc lathes,mills and all shop equipment.

Management was easy to work with.

work place culture , fast pace and quality minded

Many hours
Benefits
Cons
pressure of long houres
Nice work environment
Principal Geoscientist (Former Employee) –  AlbertaApril 5, 2018
I worked for the Roxar Software Solutions (RSS) department. It was a small group. People are friendly, like a family. Boss is nice to treat people fairly. As long as the work could be finished professionally and on time, people can organize their own schedule. It is quite relax environment.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Emerson doesn't know how to manage an upstream focused business
Neat Package, Poor Performance
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
The typical day at work started out with meetings or meetings you would set up with customers, PMs, or engineers on your own. The Emerson management was bigger on having someone else coming up with ideas and company business strategies rather than determining and implement strategies with instructions, or training programs to have a solid base to begin work with.

The 401K and benefits are on par with market value and the 401K match is an attractive feature.

At the end of the day you are being paid to make high level decisions at low level pay and the only upper management focus is how we are going to close out the end of the month? And, who do we need to point the finger at if this fails?.

This made for a work place culture of extreme uneasiness where co-workers began working towards not being fired in lieu of being creative. Just getting by and not improving/advancing in the company unless you were willing to sacrifice your personal time at home.

Promotions only went to those favored by managers, whether they be deserving of a promotion or not was a moot point and questioning management made you a target for termination.

The hardest part of the job was the severely reduced staff causing for people to work in multiple positions. Another struggle was the constant change in focus based on the financial needs of the company and the lack of customer fulfillment of needs. The most that is done in an escalation is a manager providing mere lip service and the impending disappointment of the customer who would again be an issue in a few weeks. The company makes multiple
  more... attempts at expediting after making bad promises.

When join Emerson please realize they are a large conglomerate and you can and will be replaced as soon as you show any signs of falling behind. Be extremely careful in your decisions when considering work with them.
Pros
401K, Paid Time Off
Cons
Poor Management, Work/Life Balance, Work Hours
April 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working to create a dynamic work environment with ample opportunities for all of our employees. Please reach out at indeed.feedback@emerson.com if you’d like to speak directly with a member of our HR team.

Overall
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 2, 2018
Very good place to work
Great manager
Great team
We provided so many services in many industries across the globe
Lots of diversity
Pros
Cons
New changes
April 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for sharing your comments. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience and that you contributed to creating a dynamic and inclusive work environment while working at Emerson!

productive works
Hadoop admin Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2018
a typical day is to load data into hadoop learned datastage management is friendly workplace culture is cooperative
hardest part is to undserstand all clusters
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Excellent culture and company to work for
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIMarch 8, 2018
While work can be stressful and fast paced. The work is very rewarding and continues to challenge and present learning opportunities. The culture is one where everyone is nice and helpful. People continue to have fun and have good conversation creating great relationships and lasting friendships. It is a company that you want to continue to work for and strive to be better. There are a lot of opportunities to advance in the company and move around to explore new opportunities. The company is a large company with so much to offer.
Pros
Lunches, fun culture, onsite fitness center, great community
Cons
fast paced and can be stressful
Wonderful place to work
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 8, 2018
While work can be stressful and fast paced, days go by fast and the culture is one where everyone is having fun even with how busy they are. We continue to have good conversations and create strong relationships that can last a lifetime. The business is going so much and it is a great company to get into with so many opportunities to move around and up through the ranks.

It is a company that you can create a second family with and that is tough to leave.
Pros
Free lunches, good community, newly renovated facility, onsite workout facility
Cons
very busy and stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight