Emerson Culture reviews

Found 243 reviews matching the search See all 2,044 reviews
Excellent Company!
Software Engineer Coop (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 8, 2018
Great Management and collaboration. Profit Sharing, Stock Options. Just the feel that it is a culture of caring. I really love the auctions of old equipment. I worked in eden prairie. Also really liked the awesome picnic area they had there.
great
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 25, 2018
great place to work. love the management. people are kind. really great atmosphere. everyone loves working there. would refer friends to Emerson. wonderful place to wok.
November 19, 2018

Hello – Thanks so much for sharing this review. It’s wonderful to hear from our employees. We appreciate you!

Bad culture
High pressure assembler A (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 20, 2018
Being able to act and talk like a productive employee is more important then actually being such. The place was very cliquey, if you weren't part of the in crowd they would not tell you the mistakes you made they would just instead talk bad about you to the others and since you don't know what mistake you're making you would keep making it and they would keep talking bad and laughing at you. This was an ingrained part of the culture. It's rather unprofessional and nonproductive, that's how they liked it though.
The micro-management by the operations manager was also very annoying. There was never any reason for them to be doing so, they should have used the supervisor and team leads more effectively.
Then there's the all the over time you're expected to work and they tell you that it will reflect in your review, not true the people that work mindful overtime get the same as people working 15 hours or more per week.
Pros
The product is fun to assemble and good amount of pto.
Cons
The culture
November 19, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We are always striving to improve all parts of the business, including how we support our employees. If you would like to discuss your review further, you can contact us at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Immigration Administration
International Immigration Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
Great place for employment. Loved the people that work there they have a gym in the building and great place for young people who want a secure job with excellent benifts
Great work environment
Accounts Payable Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Work is great and so are the people.
Onsite gym and track outside which is nice to use with your co-workers/friends during lunch or before/ after work.
October 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience at Emerson.

Clean workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 31, 2018
Working at Emerson was great. It was a clean factory and the people were all local and friendly. They have great compensation and benefits and offer great programs and incentives to employees.
Great work place to work
MPS Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 28, 2018
Good people and great management, Relaxed comfortable workplace. The people are friendly and helpful. Training is provided when needed and management work as a vital team leadership role.
Emerson
SR Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 4, 2018
shipping Export orders to all countries,I learned to process Hazmat shipments, DOT & IATA and learned to use new Export software Trax.Management was great and very supportive.Tha jardest part of my job was the tight timelines for shipping some orders and shipping to some difficult countries.My most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people.
Pros
Working for a strong and stable company
Cons
Productive work envirnoment in my work area
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 1, 2018
MRO Buyer/Processor
Busy/Stay active/learning new processes each day
customer service oriented, management is easy to speak and work with; diversity in culture; hardest part of my job is; being consistent; something require more time than others, which puts stress on any individual, but all in all, I get more work done before I depart for the day. Love my job and the co-workers, and Emerson as a whole
Pros
free lunches, quarterly, fun day, community support of non profit functions etc
Cons
healthcare, communication, things are more email than quarterly verbal meetings
Below Average Salary
Application Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 30, 2018
Great work place and culture. Well below average salary for most positions. Hard to get large growth promotions.

Will pay for Higher education (Bachelors and Masters Degrees)
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Below average Salary
August 21, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the culture and work place, but we do want to hear further about your cons. Please reach out to us directly at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Energy Industry
Quality (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great company forced to consolidate due to downturn in the eneegy industry. Some culture problems relative to Quality but manageable most of the time.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa,OKJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. Great pay. Lots of travel. Lots of overtime. Worked many weekends and holidays. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………..
Pros
Great job
Cons
Micro Management
August 21, 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are glad you enjoyed working with Emerson!

The team
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2018
The team is very productive and awesome to work with. Of course there's bad apple everywhere but despite it, you will enjoy working there, only thing is that it needs to have better benefits.
Pros
No stress but want the best
Cons
As awesome it gets, still need more benefits
July 16, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson and we thank you for contributing to our dynamic work environment. We appreciate your feedback on providing more benefits. We would like to continue this conversation at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Great job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Welcome, NCJune 18, 2018
Very good place to work. They pay good, offer great benefits and it's a very nice environment. Most of the supervisors are great and the employees are too. I loved my job and planned on retiring from there but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had to move out of state.
July 16, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson. We strive to constantly improve in all aspects of our business and would be happy to accept any further feedback you have at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Forward thinking
Perfect Execution Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 15, 2018
Forward thinking, but we tend to lag cutting edge practices. With that said, there is a good culture that encourages new thoughts. We place a high value on initiative and teamwork.

A Good Place to work
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIMay 17, 2018
Here's my review:
A good place to work. Nice people.
They value their employees.
They move people around and try to find a good fit for people.
Nice work environment.
productive work place
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 13, 2018
overall it is a great place to work. I think they a do a good job of making sure the hourly workforce is are happy. Safety comes 1st and they have created a culture around that.
Pros
paid overtime
Cons
health care
May 24, 2018

Hello and thanks for sharing your comments. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience during your time at Emerson. If you’d like to reach out to us with any further feedback, we can be reached at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

over all good place to work
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 6, 2018
I would go over work order forms. Program and machine prototypes and fixtures

I learned Master cam, smart cam cnc lathes,mills and all shop equipment.

Management was easy to work with.

work place culture , fast pace and quality minded

Many hours
Benefits
Cons
pressure of long houres
Neat Package, Poor Performance
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
The typical day at work started out with meetings or meetings you would set up with customers, PMs, or engineers on your own. The Emerson management was bigger on having someone else coming up with ideas and company business strategies rather than determining and implement strategies with instructions, or training programs to have a solid base to begin work with.

The 401K and benefits are on par with market value and the 401K match is an attractive feature.

At the end of the day you are being paid to make high level decisions at low level pay and the only upper management focus is how we are going to close out the end of the month? And, who do we need to point the finger at if this fails?.

This made for a work place culture of extreme uneasiness where co-workers began working towards not being fired in lieu of being creative. Just getting by and not improving/advancing in the company unless you were willing to sacrifice your personal time at home.

Promotions only went to those favored by managers, whether they be deserving of a promotion or not was a moot point and questioning management made you a target for termination.

The hardest part of the job was the severely reduced staff causing for people to work in multiple positions. Another struggle was the constant change in focus based on the financial needs of the company and the lack of customer fulfillment of needs. The most that is done in an escalation is a manager providing mere lip service and the impending disappointment of the customer who would again be an issue in a few weeks. The company makes multiple
  more... attempts at expediting after making bad promises.

When join Emerson please realize they are a large conglomerate and you can and will be replaced as soon as you show any signs of falling behind. Be extremely careful in your decisions when considering work with them.
Pros
401K, Paid Time Off
Cons
Poor Management, Work/Life Balance, Work Hours
April 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working to create a dynamic work environment with ample opportunities for all of our employees. Please reach out at indeed.feedback@emerson.com if you’d like to speak directly with a member of our HR team.

Overall
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 2, 2018
Very good place to work
Great manager
Great team
We provided so many services in many industries across the globe
Lots of diversity
Pros
Cons
New changes
April 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for sharing your comments. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience and that you contributed to creating a dynamic and inclusive work environment while working at Emerson!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Emerson.

Powered by Comparably