Emerson Culture reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 235 reviews matching the search See all 1,900 reviews
Emerson
SR Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 4, 2018
shipping Export orders to all countries,I learned to process Hazmat shipments, DOT & IATA and learned to use new Export software Trax.Management was great and very supportive.Tha jardest part of my job was the tight timelines for shipping some orders and shipping to some difficult countries.My most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people.
Pros
Working for a strong and stable company
Below Average Salary
Application Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 30, 2018
Great work place and culture. Well below average salary for most positions. Hard to get large growth promotions.

Will pay for Higher education (Bachelors and Masters Degrees)
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Below average Salary
Energy Industry
Quality (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great company forced to consolidate due to downturn in the eneegy industry. Some culture problems relative to Quality but manageable most of the time.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa,OKJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. Great pay. Lots of travel. Lots of overtime. Worked many weekends and holidays. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………..
Pros
Great job
Cons
Micro Management
The team
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2018
The team is very productive and awesome to work with. Of course there's bad apple everywhere but despite it, you will enjoy working there, only thing is that it needs to have better benefits.
Pros
No stress but want the best
Cons
As awesome it gets, still need more benefits
July 16, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson and we thank you for contributing to our dynamic work environment. We appreciate your feedback on providing more benefits. We would like to continue this conversation at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Great job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Welcome, NCJune 18, 2018
Very good place to work. They pay good, offer great benefits and it's a very nice environment. Most of the supervisors are great and the employees are too. I loved my job and planned on retiring from there but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had to move out of state.
July 16, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson. We strive to constantly improve in all aspects of our business and would be happy to accept any further feedback you have at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

Forward thinking
Perfect Execution Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 15, 2018
Forward thinking, but we tend to lag cutting edge practices. With that said, there is a good culture that encourages new thoughts. We place a high value on initiative and teamwork.

productive work place
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 13, 2018
overall it is a great place to work. I think they a do a good job of making sure the hourly workforce is are happy. Safety comes 1st and they have created a culture around that.
Pros
paid overtime
Cons
health care
May 24, 2018

Hello and thanks for sharing your comments. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience during your time at Emerson. If you’d like to reach out to us with any further feedback, we can be reached at indeed.feedback@emerson.com.

over all good place to work
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 6, 2018
I would go over work order forms. Program and machine prototypes and fixtures

I learned Master cam, smart cam cnc lathes,mills and all shop equipment.

Management was easy to work with.

work place culture , fast pace and quality minded

Many hours
Benefits
Cons
pressure of long houres
Neat Package, Poor Performance
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
The typical day at work started out with meetings or meetings you would set up with customers, PMs, or engineers on your own. The Emerson management was bigger on having someone else coming up with ideas and company business strategies rather than determining and implement strategies with instructions, or training programs to have a solid base to begin work with.

The 401K and benefits are on par with market value and the 401K match is an attractive feature.

At the end of the day you are being paid to make high level decisions at low level pay and the only upper management focus is how we are going to close out the end of the month? And, who do we need to point the finger at if this fails?.

This made for a work place culture of extreme uneasiness where co-workers began working towards not being fired in lieu of being creative. Just getting by and not improving/advancing in the company unless you were willing to sacrifice your personal time at home.

Promotions only went to those favored by managers, whether they be deserving of a promotion or not was a moot point and questioning management made you a target for termination.

The hardest part of the job was the severely reduced staff causing for people to work in multiple positions. Another struggle was the constant change in focus based on the financial needs of the company and the lack of customer fulfillment of needs. The most that is done in an escalation is a manager providing mere lip service and the impending disappointment of the customer who would again be an issue in a few weeks. The company makes multiple
  more... attempts at expediting after making bad promises.

When join Emerson please realize they are a large conglomerate and you can and will be replaced as soon as you show any signs of falling behind. Be extremely careful in your decisions when considering work with them.
Pros
401K, Paid Time Off
Cons
Poor Management, Work/Life Balance, Work Hours
April 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working to create a dynamic work environment with ample opportunities for all of our employees. Please reach out at indeed.feedback@emerson.com if you’d like to speak directly with a member of our HR team.

Overall
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 2, 2018
Very good place to work
Great manager
Great team
We provided so many services in many industries across the globe
Lots of diversity
Pros
Cons
New changes
April 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for sharing your comments. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience and that you contributed to creating a dynamic and inclusive work environment while working at Emerson!

Great workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allegheny County, PAMarch 30, 2018
Great company, highly driven workforce, excellent work ethics and policies, great benefits
great work place. team and work environment is nice. Good compensation & benefits
April 12, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We strive to create a dynamic work environment and we’re happy to hear you enjoyed your experience working at Emerson.

productive works
Hadoop admin Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2018
a typical day is to load data into hadoop learned datastage management is friendly workplace culture is cooperative
hardest part is to undserstand all clusters
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Excellent culture and company to work for
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIMarch 8, 2018
While work can be stressful and fast paced. The work is very rewarding and continues to challenge and present learning opportunities. The culture is one where everyone is nice and helpful. People continue to have fun and have good conversation creating great relationships and lasting friendships. It is a company that you want to continue to work for and strive to be better. There are a lot of opportunities to advance in the company and move around to explore new opportunities. The company is a large company with so much to offer.
Pros
Lunches, fun culture, onsite fitness center, great community
Cons
fast paced and can be stressful
Wonderful place to work
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 8, 2018
While work can be stressful and fast paced, days go by fast and the culture is one where everyone is having fun even with how busy they are. We continue to have good conversations and create strong relationships that can last a lifetime. The business is going so much and it is a great company to get into with so many opportunities to move around and up through the ranks.

It is a company that you can create a second family with and that is tough to leave.
Pros
Free lunches, good community, newly renovated facility, onsite workout facility
Cons
very busy and stressful
Good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOFebruary 23, 2018
Good company and very clean to work in ,in some areas good company manager and good work in crews still have a lot of good friends that still works for them
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Not to many
Emerson
HR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Good company to work for with very positive visions for the future.
The corporate culture is very vibrant with energy, excitement and enthusiasm for the future.
Great Place to work
Kaizen Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, ALFebruary 21, 2018
Great Place to work and I would have probably retired from this company if they had not moved out of the country. I really enjoyed the culture at the plant.
March 9, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We strive to constantly improve in all aspects of our business. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Emerson.

Great place to work. NO career advancement!
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXFebruary 14, 2018
A great place to work initially. With valuable personnel departures, culture changed negatively. High turn-over rate for temporary employees resulting constant training of new employees. NO career advancement.
Pros
Comfortable working environment
Cons
No career advancement
Management and workplace culture is terrible
Quality System Coordinator/ ISO9001 Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Management and workplace culture is terrible, pay was low. Long shifts that they make mandatory with very little pay raise. They take to long to hire on permanent and have too many lay offs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight