Emerus Employee Reviews

CollectionsDept
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 24, 2019
Was great at one time but after 2015 went downhill. My advice do not work in the. Central Billing Office very unethical business practices taking place you know more about the Hipaa Laws than your company and management. Manager and Team-leads. All I can say is run bandit run!!! The CBO management doesn’t understand their jobs they’re pushing paper. Team-Lead cannot lead due to they spend more time trying to impress management instead of helping the team.
Horrible place to work
Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 7, 2019
I'm looking for another job, daily. Supervisor's and team leads are so unprofessional and it continues to be allowed. Director over the CBO is very rude, she never speak and always seems mad. Favs can do as they please while everyone else does all the work.
Great people to work with
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXFebruary 3, 2019
The people I work with on a day to day basis are just amazing people. The feeling that they have your back no matter what is definitely in the air. Work here.
Cons
little opportunity for advancement
Good company
Regional Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I enjoyed the culture at Emerus. Very family oriented and friendly. Lots of opportunities for advancement, and flexible schedules. Great and very knowledgeable management team.
Productive Work Environment
Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 21, 2018
Vacation/PTO is decent, but the health benefits are still very lacking in regards to cost and what is actually covered; very expensive for single parents or families.
Awesome company
Emergency room tech (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXJune 6, 2018
It is a great company to work for. The stress level is almost nothing compered to other ER's. This place is very easy going and the management is great gives so many opportunities. such a joy working here.
Pros
It only has 8 er beds
Cons
It only has 8 er beds
Horrible managent and unfair treatment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 23, 2018
Job culture is incredibly negative and stressful. Management continues to show favoritism even after meetings with CEO addressing staff concerns. Verbal alterations happening in CBO office that went unhandled. Very high turnover rate throughout company especially in last 6 months. Wouldn't recommend at all until they put guidelines in place and stick to their words.
Pros
none anymore. used to have company buy lunch. not dince last year
Cons
everything except compensation for some positions and benefits
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
nice place to work .not so busy. need faster pt care. recommended to people tyo get experience and their foot wet in medical field.managers are nice but expertis experienceare at works..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Has potential to be a great place to work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 22, 2018
Mid-level managers allow bad staff to linger too long and create a negative work environment for others. Need swift action for bad employee behavior and more acknowledgement for great employees.
Pros
Nice corporate facilities. Executive management want it to be a great place to work
Cons
Mid-level managers need training on how to manage teams successfully.
Poor Management
IT (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Emerus is not the place it used to be. Upper management has changed and are out of touch with the employees. Middle management is terrible and unfortunately, upper management is well aware of it and does nothing to change it. IT Management is probably some of the worst managers I've ever experienced. It goes back to knowing the difference between management and leadership. There is not one leader in the group. They are so disorganized and refuse to listen to anyone. They literally interrupt you to listen themselves and couldn't care less about what employees have to say. This is a very common complaint, backed up by the extremely high turnover rate in the IT department. They will outright lie to contract employees telling them they will be hired as full-time. Additionally, they will dangle the promise of promotions never intending to follow through.
Pros
Company benefits, beautiful Corporate office surrroundings (Lake, woods)
Cons
Extremely poor middle management, out of touch upper management, repeated lies from management
Has the potential to be a great place to work
Medical Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Management does not have experience in field they are managing therefore cannot successfully direct the employees in necessary processes and functions to get jobs done in a timely, efficient manner. There are too many hindrances to getting the job done.
Pros
Upper management thinks it is a positive place to work.
Cons
In some departments it is NOT a positive place to work.
Overall it is a nice place to work.
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 20, 2018
When I first stated it was more of a family-like involvement, that has change, but overall its okay. The company is nationally recognized with innovative leaders.
Dishonest and unethical Management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Was hired as graveyards PRN - I have a full time job elsewhere working graveyard. Was told I would have schedule flexibility and that I could have one day a week and they would work around my schedule. Took forever to get me trained because supervisor was lazy and on holiday. My training was put off by two weeks and I had to arrange for it to happen. Then they make all my training during the day when I should be sleeping! Then, when I have to reschedule a training day due to exhaustion, I’m accused of “calling out”! Seriously, this place is a joke. Do not waste your time.
Pros
Nothing they lied about every perk
Cons
Unqualified and unethical management
Financially struggling
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 3, 2018
The company is financially struggling. Seems like they are eliminating employees bonus program and employees. High turnover. Unethical management. Favoritism and bullying. The work load was unbelievable. Negative vibe.
Pros
Paid time off, co-workers
Cons
No job security, high turnover, over worked, unethical management, favoritism, bullying
Enjoyed my job
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TXJanuary 24, 2018
No compaints, like everyone I met and my job I liked also. Management had their hands full. Needed more engineers at the Hospitals. I did a good job with what I had to work with. Fast pace and that's a plus.
MLT at westminster colorado
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado City, COJanuary 9, 2018
the company seems okay. but very bad management . they tell you can work 12 hors shift but it is not true you as work housekeeping instead of medical laboratory technician . you work in the room cleaning the room, Bedding, .and. working was okay but they treat you very bad. I feel like they haired me for housekeeping . if you want to work as custodial go head. the nurse ask you to deliver medication for the patient. I believe Medical Laboratory Technician don't deal with medication.
Cons
no break
n/a
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
Good place to work, can be busy at times, but over all no too bad
Very knowledgeable staff and management team
Several small hospitals, so always one close by
great place to work
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work, fun, family type enviorment. I have learned a great deal of team work, working in such a small facility. We all learn to appreciate one another and what each of us can do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Vegas Nurses Beware
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2017
Las Vegas Nurses Beware. No respiratory therapist, no pharmacist, skeleton crew,management very inexperienced. Don't risk your licence. Doctors are supposed to do blood gases, RN is responsible for managing the vent.
Pros
New buildings
Cons
No Respiratory therapist, No Pharmacist
Toxic Environment: RUN NURSES!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2017
This company has great potential. What holds it back is management. They lie through the entire process. Then they strong arm you into doing what they want you to do. You have NO control over your schedule. They do not care about you as a person. There is no work-life balance anymore. If you want a day off, you have to find coverage. You can't request ahead of time. They are in complete control of everything. There is an alarmingly high staff turnover rate. They are constantly training administrators as well. The staff that have stayed are mean, hateful people. I never even knew these types of people existed. There is no teamwork. Very punitive environment! I wish I had read some of the reviews about them before applying. Do yourself a favor, DON'T APPLY!!! You will regret it. I cannot stress enough what a toxic environment this is for nursing. To top it off, a lot of the doctors are arrogant, and you cannot question them about anything. This is by far the worst environment I have ever worked in.
Pros
Pay is decent, not really worth it though
Cons
No control over schedule, high staff turnover, poor leadership, dishonest management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight