Emerus Employee Reviews

Awesome company
Emergency room tech (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXJune 6, 2018
It is a great company to work for. The stress level is almost nothing compered to other ER's. This place is very easy going and the management is great gives so many opportunities. such a joy working here.
Pros
It only has 8 er beds
Cons
It only has 8 er beds
Horrible managent and unfair treatment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 23, 2018
Job culture is incredibly negative and stressful. Management continues to show favoritism even after meetings with CEO addressing staff concerns. Verbal alterations happening in CBO office that went unhandled. Very high turnover rate throughout company especially in last 6 months. Wouldn't recommend at all until they put guidelines in place and stick to their words.
Pros
none anymore. used to have company buy lunch. not dince last year
Cons
everything except compensation for some positions and benefits
Has the potential to be a great place to work
Medical Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Management does not have experience in field they are managing therefore cannot successfully direct the employees in necessary processes and functions to get jobs done in a timely, efficient manner. There are too many hindrances to getting the job done.
Pros
Upper management thinks it is a positive place to work.
Cons
In some departments it is NOT a positive place to work.
Overall it is a nice place to work.
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 20, 2018
When I first stated it was more of a family-like involvement, that has change, but overall its okay. The company is nationally recognized with innovative leaders.
Dishonest and unethical Management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Was hired as graveyards PRN - I have a full time job elsewhere working graveyard. Was told I would have schedule flexibility and that I could have one day a week and they would work around my schedule. Took forever to get me trained because supervisor was lazy and on holiday. My training was put off by two weeks and I had to arrange for it to happen. Then they make all my training during the day when I should be sleeping! Then, when I have to reschedule a training day due to exhaustion, I’m accused of “calling out”! Seriously, this place is a joke. Do not waste your time.
Pros
Nothing they lied about every perk
Cons
Unqualified and unethical management
Financially struggling
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 3, 2018
The company is financially struggling. Seems like they are eliminating employees bonus program and employees. High turnover. Unethical management. Favoritism and bullying. The work load was unbelievable. Negative vibe.
Pros
Paid time off, co-workers
Cons
No job security, high turnover, over worked, unethical management, favoritism, bullying
Enjoyed my job
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TXJanuary 24, 2018
No compaints, like everyone I met and my job I liked also. Management had their hands full. Needed more engineers at the Hospitals. I did a good job with what I had to work with. Fast pace and that's a plus.
MLT at westminster colorado
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado City, COJanuary 9, 2018
the company seems okay. but very bad management . they tell you can work 12 hors shift but it is not true you as work housekeeping instead of medical laboratory technician . you work in the room cleaning the room, Bedding, .and. working was okay but they treat you very bad. I feel like they haired me for housekeeping . if you want to work as custodial go head. the nurse ask you to deliver medication for the patient. I believe Medical Laboratory Technician don't deal with medication.
Cons
no break
n/a
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
Good place to work, can be busy at times, but over all no too bad
Very knowledgeable staff and management team
Several small hospitals, so always one close by
great place to work
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work, fun, family type enviorment. I have learned a great deal of team work, working in such a small facility. We all learn to appreciate one another and what each of us can do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Vegas Nurses Beware
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2017
Las Vegas Nurses Beware. No respiratory therapist, no pharmacist, skeleton crew,management very inexperienced. Don't risk your licence. Doctors are supposed to do blood gases, RN is responsible for managing the vent.
Pros
New buildings
Cons
No Respiratory therapist, No Pharmacist
Toxic Environment: RUN NURSES!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2017
This company has great potential. What holds it back is management. They lie through the entire process. Then they strong arm you into doing what they want you to do. You have NO control over your schedule. They do not care about you as a person. There is no work-life balance anymore. If you want a day off, you have to find coverage. You can't request ahead of time. They are in complete control of everything. There is an alarmingly high staff turnover rate. They are constantly training administrators as well. The staff that have stayed are mean, hateful people. I never even knew these types of people existed. There is no teamwork. Very punitive environment! I wish I had read some of the reviews about them before applying. Do yourself a favor, DON'T APPLY!!! You will regret it. I cannot stress enough what a toxic environment this is for nursing. To top it off, a lot of the doctors are arrogant, and you cannot question them about anything. This is by far the worst environment I have ever worked in.
Pros
Pay is decent, not really worth it though
Cons
No control over schedule, high staff turnover, poor leadership, dishonest management
RUN, don't walk away
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
No matter what they tell you, they are a STAFFING agency nothing less. They will lie and say anything that they can to get you to join, then cram every job detail possible onto you and complain when it is not done. Under educated staff, benefits cost for employee + child (not spouse) about 350+ per pay period. they might say you will work 3/12hr shifts, but it's a LIE. 2on/2off/2on/2off/3on/3off in a 2 wk period is what you will end up with, so forget a work life balance. and after you start in a week or 2 is when you will find this out. Not to mention the less you know the more that person will try to tell you what to do into getting you to do their job and take responsibility for any outcome from it. It's even so funny as the people they have do the training are contract people that don't know what they are talking about, then they will have the untrained staff do the training for them!! Just don't waste your time, or if nothing else if you attempt this futile job KEEP YOUR OLD 1
Pros
Cons
Lie to you, staffing agency
Not a good place to work for paramedics or nurses
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 15, 2017
The only people giving high ratings are those that don't work in the ER. There is massive favoritism and bullying amongst the people in the ER. The position written down is not at all what you will be doing. You will not receive a handbook and you will receive one day of lab technician training. Then you will be asked to take a test over the lab, which lab technicians need to be doing. If you do not form a clique immediately and your bosses and co-workers do not like you, you will be fired and they will give you an excuse to be fired or to be let go or to take your PTO. I have never seen anything like this within a company. They will make you feel very welcome at first and like you are amazing. Then you will be made to feel like a horrible person. As quoted by one of my managers, they look for people and find them and then decide whether or not to get rid of the bad apples. You can be the best medic or the best nurse, but if you are not liked by management immediately or other coworkers you will be let go. The rumors spread about people are horrendous and management does nothing about it. My advice; if you are new to the field and can be walked all over this is a place for you. If you know what you were doing then you will be let go. Save your trouble and find a better place that is more secure.
Pros
Google, youtube, 123movies
Cons
No lunch break, bullying, harassment, inexperienced management
Nice People, but poor Mgmt & work/life balance
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Nice people, Family feel culture, but Micromanaging Senior Management ruins the morale. High Turnover. Job workload was not clearly communicated in Interview. Poor Work/life balance.
Pros
Good Culture & team environment, nice employees
Cons
Poor Work/life balance, Senior Mgmt Turnover
Good company but management is a problem
Cerner Consultant (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
Emerus is a great company, however, the management needs to do a better job of communicating amongst each other.

Other than that, the company has a great working environment. Coworkers are friendly and from time to time there are social activities.
Medical Coding specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, Texas, USAOctober 2, 2016
work days keep changing.
most of the time they are challenging, which helps us keep our energy levels boosted.
management at my previous work was excellent.
Great people, but they are struggling
Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 3, 2016
I love the people and my coworkers. Everyone is great to work with. However they have super tight budgets and they work on a skeleton crew. Be prepared to juggle lots. If you don't mind working nights and weekends and you are salary, I would recommend it.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor worklife balance
Favortisim, bullying
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2016
I was part of the original staff of nurses. I see in the several poor reviews what I tried to point out to management has persisted. The system is set up to create favorites. Creating favorites always leads to staff splitting, gossiping and bullying. Cliques exist at all ERS. Emerus however, should not have this toxic culture being that the units are so tiny and staffed with so few. Management is poorly experienced and create their own cliques. The ER Doc group is great.
Pros
Docs, easy job if thats what you want
Cons
Boring, unchallenging, gossip, favoritisim, cliques
An Honest Review
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 14, 2016
Unethical Managemt. Co workers are ok. Favoritism plays a roll in creating a really toxic and negative environment and thus leads to bullying. Very unprofessional behavior from Management making it difficult for career advancement unless you sacrifice your home life for your job. Lots of gossiping about both coworkers and patients from both management and co workers. Once hired you will feel very welcomed and popular (maybe even employee of the month your first month in) but after some time has passed the new wears off and you're just another number. You get fed sometimes. Company parties to replace nurse week an others things you would normally get at another facility. But, only if you're scheduled off or can find your own coverage. Low PRN pool and Prns not obligated to cover virtually anything unless they feel like it. PRNs get to pick days over full time. Prns not required to cover holidays. Favoritism with Prns: they will get more scheduled hours! Lowest pay in the market. Prepare to take a paycut if you want to work here. A few positives would be the freedom to use cell phones while at work and watch movies while no patients are in the department and free internet time. More relaxed environment during the weekends and nights makes a healthier work environment and leads to better patient care. Most doctors are actually fun to work with. This is a Growing company losing its small feel. Patient acuity can be high and work can be very demanding.
Pros
Cell phone use, Internet use, fun doctors.
Cons
Toxic/negative management, no career advancement, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight