EMIT Technologies Employee Reviews

Hard working, professional, fast paced but not afraid to have fun!
Office (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYMarch 20, 2019
I love working here. Very rarely do I not want to go to work. I've never been around a harder working group of people! EMIT is never afraid to incorporate fun into the work day.
EMIT has a History of Underperformance
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYDecember 3, 2018
In approximately a six month period at EMIT, the entire senior management group by my count--less one individual--either turned over or was demoted. This is 8 out of 9 individuals. If you are entering the firm as a tenured professional, this means that your career is actually more likely to take a step backward at EMIT than it is to move forward.

Buyer beware.

Extraordinary employees and truly competent people fail at EMIT. The kinds of individuals who do well at EMIT seem to fall within a very narrow personality profile that, in itself, is not a reflection of intelligence or competency. The instincts and disposition of the executive team are so narrow that they are unable to create inclusive work environments, and the result is, a lot of people fail here.

If you read EMIT responses to some of the reviews written here or on other sites, EMIT's claim is that it is a demanding workplace where not everyone is successful. But when one parts the curtain on EMIT's actual report card, one is likely to recognize that the are deep issues at play. I have seen some very dedicated professionals suffer major career setbacks because they chose EMIT.

One last thought:

EMIT often uses the bevy of employment postings to sell itself as an exciting and growing company. But, from what I have seen, these opportunities are as much the result of churn than evidence of real growth. The real story is that EMIT Technologies is the kind of workplace where even the best regarded employees flail amid cul-de-sacs of gross misdirection and mismanagement.
Pros
EMIT is a challenging work place. This can be stimulating at times.
Cons
Executive Management lack the instinct and conscious to manage.
Very incompetent people
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYAugust 20, 2018
Never work there again !!!! People aren't very smart. Lost job over something ridiculously stupid. Have heard bad things about this place was told never to work here
Cons
Poor management
Official response from EMIT Technologies
September 19, 2018

Your feedback is disappointing. We take employee safety very seriously. All employees are expected to meet and maintain the same high bar to ensure a safe and productive workplace. It is always unfortunate when we have to part ways with an employee but we cannot compromise on our core requirements.

Fast paced work environment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2018
Fast paced work environment, requiring traveling, working with heavy equipment, team oriented. as an employee at emit technologies i became an better welder and a better employer. work place environment was a lot of outside work, hot, cold, rain, snow, it didn't matter we would usually work. hardest part of the job was probably keeping up moral when weather made our work life difficult.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management
Well established company with a clear direction, excellent leadership, and a culture worth working for
Senior Emissions Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2017
At Emit, the room for growth is limitless. Management allows employees with proven abilities to advance exponentially. Emit is literally family oriented which creates an atmosphere worth experiencing. Although the amount of travel exceeded 80%, being a part of a well educated friendly group of individuals with good values helped make this company worth reviewing.
Pros
benefits that promote good health, good hearted management
Cons
travel expectations
Poor Management
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
Management doesn't care about anyone but themselves and will do or say what it takes to cover their butt for not doing their job. All Upper Level Management would have a ridiculous amount of "meetings" that never seemed to have any purpose or results presented when it is a very small company with few employees. Customer satisfaction didn't seem to matter and manufacturing was a killer, always backed up with no catching up in sight.
Pros
Company Truck
Cons
To many "meetings" and very micromanaged
Heavy work load, fast-pace, long days
Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYNovember 13, 2017
Great place to learn about the machine shop/manufacturing industry, w/production of materials in relation to the oil industry. Work involved, welding, grinding, pelleting, operating boom cranes, sand blasters basic saw tools, and for lifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMIT Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4